Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:17

Female
Emo17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What to do with oxycodone, MS Contin, and fentanyl? Ideas?

It seems that despite being sick and in chronic pain for the last few years, lady luck finally shown her pretty face on SWIM the other day, when the "on-call" doctor at his doctor's office decided to address his need for painkilling by letting him "play around" with painkillers, and then see which works best.

So, swim has:

Oxcodone, 5mg pills.

MS Contin, 15mg timed release pills.

Fentanyl patch, 12.5 mg (timed release).

A few questions - first off, swim feels like the starting doses of each of these medications (one pill/patch) is less than the "common dose."
So, can someswiy please tell swim what the common dose of each of these is?

Secondly, Swim has only tried the Oxycodone so far, a max of three pills at once (15mg). Swim has noticed that these help his pain significantly, but that he is still very stressed and anxious, and that the supposed "euphoria" that comes along with these pills is very very subtle.

Would swim have more luck if he snorted them? She has been told that Oxycodone is "hillbilly heroin," and that--when snorted--the effects are much better? Is this true? Can one please explain what's so different about snorting the powder from the pills versus simply swallowing them?
Secondly, how much is a VERY safe starting dose when it comes to snorting, and what should SWIM expect in terms of different effects if she snorted said pills?

Same question goes for the MS Contin, time released. If it doesn't give SWIM a euphoria, should he try to snort the powder? And how much would be safe?

Lastly, the fentanyl patches. Is there a quantity of the gel that is actually safe to just eat? Like the size of a 3 poppy seeds glued together? Just a tiny little dot of the gel? Would that give Swim a Euphoria?

PLEASE PLEASE advise me. Thank you very much.

Also, if SWIM determines that oxycodone is what helps me the most, SWIM will soon be getting oxycontin pills, instead of oxycodone. How much of that is safe to snort?
Thank you

Old 06-12-2007, 00:29
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8
Re: What to do with oxycodone, MS Contin, and fentanyl? Ideas?

You need click THIS link to tell you the relevant information. it will take you to the "complete list of opiate dosages" section of the forum.

LOL@ the emo thing.
Hope this has been of help.
Old 11-12-2007, 00:53
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC

The opiate tolerance from the tramadol is unlikely because tramadol works in a slightly different way. If one is not feeling anything special from those dosages one could work their way up in dosage a little until one finds a comfortable spot. One may have a bad reaction to Morphine and thus the throwing up - it is not uncommon, which is why other opiate analgesics have been synthesized to combat this. Oxycodone (Oxycontin) sounds like it is more agreeable to SWIY's system so SWIM would recommend that 20mgs in an immediate release (OxyNorm, OxyCodone IR) might work a lot better. SWIM personally thinks that 40mg for the controlled release is a good starting point but doesnt want to recommend that to anyone just in case it is not right for them. Opiate tolerance and effect is slightly different in everyone. And there is always the broader spectrum to consider. Example: a friend of mine only smokes MJ and never does opiates. He got hit by a car. 5mg IV in the hospital of Morphine did nothing for him, they gave him another 5mg and still nothing - no pain relief and definitely no euphoria. A little later on they gave him 20mg of OxyCodone IR and he was not only throwing up, but loving it! (lol - anyone whom has had this experience will know exactly what one is talking about - lol)

Anyway, here is a quick rundown of what could theoretically be done:
1: OxyContin (OxyCodone Continuous release) Time release coating can be removed and pill crushed, powder snorted or smoked (tastes really bad and is not efficient when smoked).
2: MScontin (Morphine Sulphate Continuous Release) Same with the OxyContin but when smoked it is awesome, but railing it produces the best result.
3: OxyNorm (Normal OxyCodone) immediate release capsules. Can be snorted but its a hell of alot of powder. better just to drop one (or two).
4: OxyContin IR (OxyCodone Immediate Release) same as above just a different name.

Tell SWIY to be careful and take note of safe dosages and always go up by smaller increments. Being alive but in a little pain is better than being dead from OD.

Hope this has been of help.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:59
Palladium Member

Male from United States
imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.
Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

if there is tylenol (acetamataphen or whatever its called), do NOT fucking snort . It will burn and hurt. before snorting the contin, are you opiate tolerant? because one wouldnt want to od. So why not see how oral effects one before thinking it will take another method to get one good. No sense in dying. Esp with fentnayl..... no tea! I cant believe the varying degrees of opiates you have there.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:01
Palladium Member

Male from United States
imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.

I just finished your post. Hell no dont . Youll wind up dead boy! Mscontin is time released morphine. 7.5 mgs of oxycodone equals 1 mg of morphine or something like that. So if you only have 15 mgs of oxycodone, i think it would be unwise to start thinking about snorting it. Drinking grapefruitjuice might be a better starting point. Fentynal is even stronger than morphine. So eating the gel WOULD kill you. You gotta be careful man. Read up before using oneself as a human guinea pig.....
Old 11-12-2007, 07:54
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Not safe due to the quick action of smoking and your not tolerant. Wait a while. Smoking and injecting are for people who became tolerant and couldnt get high another way im sure. swiy have choices and prescriptions.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:24
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourlittlebare View Post
if there is tylenol (acetamataphen or whatever its called), do NOT fucking snort . It will burn and hurt. before snorting the contin, are you opiate tolerant? because one wouldnt want to od. So why not see how oral effects one before thinking it will take another method to get one good. No sense in dying. Esp with fentnayl..... no tea! I cant believe the varying degrees of opiates you have there.
Tylenol is just paracetemol and codeine, some brands are asprin / codeine and some are ibuprofen and codeine.

The reason those would burn because of those adulterants. both OXyContin and OxyNorm / Oxycodone IR are safe to snort but taste bad when smoked (even though it still works quite well.) These are the drugs of which the thread starter was speaking)and others), not tylenol. SWI-emo17 also mentioned that taking those doses orally was not doing anything for him which is why the other careful dosages were mentioned.

Acetaminophen is called paracetemol outside of the US. doesnt generally burn when snorted, SWIM and his friends used to do it as kids thinking they were big bad drug users. . The asprin will MOST DEFINATLY burn when snorted. One does not know about ibuprofen but assumes it would not be a good thing.

Hope this has in some way helped.

Last edited by samuraigecko; 12-12-2007 at 12:28. Reason: remix
Old 12-12-2007, 15:54
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraigecko View Post
Tylenol is just paracetemol and codeine, some brands are asprin / codeine and some are ibuprofen and codeine.

The reason those would burn because of those adulterants. both OXyContin and OxyNorm / Oxycodone IR are safe to snort but taste bad when smoked (even though it still works quite well.) These are the drugs of which the thread starter was speaking)and others), not tylenol. SWI-emo17 also mentioned that taking those doses orally was not doing anything for him which is why the other careful dosages were mentioned.

Acetaminophen is called paracetemol outside of the US. doesnt generally burn when snorted, SWIM and his friends used to do it as kids thinking they were big bad drug users. . The asprin will MOST DEFINATLY burn when snorted. One does not know about ibuprofen but assumes it would not be a good thing.

Hope this has in some way helped.
well first off, paracetemol or acetaphetamen, not with codeine wont get one high. Second, its not water soluble so it wont pass through the nasal membranes and thus be a waste and cause any oxycodone mixed with it to be a waste too. 3rd, smoking any of these pills is kinda a waste. While I belive some people can get high, its probably a waste. I dont know for sure. I remember looking at the Merk Index and seeing that morphine destroys at a certain termp. I seem to remember thinking that smoking it would work. Maybe i am wrong?

But as for the oxycodone and such. In the U.S. most of the prescribed oxycodone is mixed with acetemetaphen. So since its adulterated, snorting would burn, there would be alot to snort, and the adulterant would most likely just coat the nasal membrane and not allow the oxy to go through. RIght?
And as for snorting motrin and acet and aspirin and aleve, theres no reason to? Theres no reason to smoke it either?
Old 13-12-2007, 01:45
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
well first off, paracetemol or acetaphetamen, not with codeine wont get one high.
Exactly right

Quote:
Second, its not water soluble so it wont pass through the nasal membranes and thus be a waste and cause any oxycodone mixed with it to be a waste too.
Oxycodone however, IS water soluble, which is why CWE works.

Quote:
3rd, smoking any of these pills is kinda a waste. While I belive some people can get high, its probably a waste. I dont know for sure. I remember looking at the Merk Index and seeing that morphine destroys at a certain termp. I seem to remember thinking that smoking it would work. Maybe i am wrong?
Smoking OxyContin (which has no tylenol in it) tastes very bad but is definitly not a waste. However it is more efficient to snort it (better high etc).

Taken from Wiki -
"commonly prescribed for the relief of moderate to heavy pain, either with inert binders (Oxycodone, Oxycontin)" [NOTE: these are the pill binders for the aforementioned pills aquired by the SWIemo17]

"or supplemental binders such as acetaminophen (Percocet, Tylox) and aspirin (Percodan)." [NOTE: the types of pill SWIY is meaning.]

OxyNorm and OxyCodone-IR are both mixed with an adulterated flower starch which makes it taste fairly bad and makes the bulk of the powder large. Oxycodone is not anywhere near 7x more potent than Morphine though. its more like 2:1, not much more potent at all.

Quote:
But as for the oxycodone and such. In the U.S. most of the prescribed oxycodone is mixed with acetemetaphen. So since its adulterated, snorting would burn, there would be alot to snort, and the adulterant would most likely just coat the nasal membrane and not allow the oxy to go through. RIght?
And as for snorting motrin and acet and aspirin and aleve, theres no reason to? Theres no reason to smoke it either?
Again just mentioning that the OP never mentioned any of the pills containing tylenol (percocet etc) but did however mention the commonly prescribed painkillers which are given for moderate to heavy pain such as OxyContin, MScontin and Fentanyl. SWIY is definately right in advising cautions with opiates for it is the prudent thing to do, one mentioned that a little pain is better than being dead from an OD. One is also right that there is no reason to smoke or snort acetaminophen, asprin or any other mild (and more commonly pill bonding) analgesic. They do nothing at all.

Hope this has been of help
Old 13-12-2007, 02:36
Palladium Member

Male from United States

I think were pretty much on the same page just some misunderstandings
1. Oxycodone is water soluble. So your right with coldwater extractions. I was refering to snorting it.
2nd, I assumed that since he said oxycodone and not "oxycontin" or anything else it was mixed with tylenol. I think we should find that out. Because that would put an end to whether one would snort it or not.
3rd. I didnt say oxycodone was stronger than morphine. I quoted a thread on here about potency. 1 mg of morphine equals 7 mgs of oxycodone not the otherway around. Its definetely not stronger than morphine.
4. On top of not smoking tylenol and such, I was talking about burning opiates. Wouldnt it waste it due to the opiate alkaloid being destroyed by heat? I read in the merk index that the temp of destruction was low
5. He said oxycodone not oxycontin or oxycontin immediate release. In America, when one is refering to oxycodone, it is more often than not mixed with acetaphetamon.

so hopefully this clears us up and puts us on the same page.
Old 13-12-2007, 03:35
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

yea, pretty much the same page with only 1 issue.

1.5mg of Oxycodone is the equivilent of 3mg of morphine, take a look at the comparison chart HERE

One can also find the comparisons and Bioavailability of Oxycodone if one types it into WIKI also. The main difference for Oxycodone is that it is available by the body immediately rather than having to go through the bodies conversion process. The bioavailability is greater than Hydromorphone, making it a clear winner over Morphine (which is still the standard).

There were other posts (must have been removed by moderator, Confirmation needed?) which stated exactly what SWIemo17 had. What happened to those posts?

But one agrees on all other points what SWIYou make.
Old 13-12-2007, 19:02
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Quote:
yea, pretty much the same page with only 1 issue.

1.5mg of Oxycodone is the equivilent of 3mg of morphine, take a look at the comparison chart HERE

One can also find the comparisons and Bioavailability of Oxycodone if one types it into WIKI also. The main difference for Oxycodone is that it is available by the body immediately rather than having to go through the bodies conversion process. The bioavailability is greater than Hydromorphone, making it a clear winner over Morphine (which is still the standard).

There were other posts (must have been removed by moderator, Confirmation needed?) which stated exactly what SWIemo17 had. What happened to those posts?

But one agrees on all other points what SWIYou make.
Hmm. While i found bioavailability charts, Im going to have to find a cited source on that. because im almost certain that morphine has more analgesic value than oxycodone and the wikipedia did not cite a source. Ill try and find one and if i find something that agrees with you, ill be sure to post it as well to validate you. I just have this aching feeling that im right but cant prove until later.

My thoughts
1. I know I saw a chart somewhere whether in class or here. just cant remember 100% for sure
2. If oxycodone is strnger analgesic than morphine, morphine would be prescribed much more. But oxy is. Esp with termanilly ill patients and such. So it makes me really think morphine is stronger

so Ill look later i gotta run now

Buprenorphine
Oral: 15%
Sublingual: 30%-50%
Intramuscular: 68%

Codeine
Oral: 60-90%
Rectal: about 90%

Dihydrocodeine
Oral: 20%

Fentanyl
Oral: 30%
Buccal: 50% (absorbed through the mouth lining, not swallowed)
Transdermal: 92%

Heroin
Oral: 35%
Smoked: 52%
Intramuscular: 85%
Hydrocodone
Oral: 50-60%

Hydromorphone

Oral: around 51.35%, some reports say 10-65% but this range is awfully wide.
Intranasal: 54.4%
Rectal: 36.33, up to 60% in the source I used.

Meperidine
Oral: 50-55%
Rectal: 55%
Intramuscular: 80-85%

Methadone
Oral: 70%-80%

Morphine

Oral: 40%
Insufflated: 10% alone, 60% with a chitosan solution. But SWIM thinks this number should be higher. Can anyone find any articles that give alternative measures?
Intramuscular: 70-70% estimated
Rectal: 70-90% One study says 27% in a parental solution, however!
Subcutaneous: 60%

Oxycodone

Oral: 60-87% (due to low first-pass metabolism).
Insufflated: One study says 45%. However anecdotal evidence says that it may be higher than this number.
Rectal: 61.6% in one study.

Oxymorphone
Oral: 10-20%
Insufflated: ~40%

Pentazocine
Oral: 20%

Propoxyphene
Oral: 30-70% (This is quite a wide range. SWIM suspects its closer to 30% but has no other sources at the moment to confirm this.)

Tramadol
Oral:70%

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for the stats.

Last edited by Alfa; 27-10-2011 at 10:41. Reason: removed dead link
Old 14-12-2007, 01:49
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

One is fairly sure of this but will also have a look, even ones self can be wrong so one is not saying he is right all the time (sorry if it had come across that way).

unsure why but one had another doctor friend say that the 80mg Oxycontin tablets are the same (for medical potency value) as the 100mg MScontin, this seems to be contradictory also to ones own findings of the 2:1 ratio.

Will be glad to find out for once and all what the true value is. Has been a fun discussion and SWIwe will get to the bottom of this cheers.
Old 14-12-2007, 02:00
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

good conversion here at Medicalc
Seems to enforce the initial though that a 2:1 ratio was indeed the right answer but one is also going to keep looking.

One entered 80mg oxycontin PO (means orally) and it converted it to 160mg of Morphine IV/IM seems strange to me that an oral dosage would be the equivalent of a higher IV/IM dosage in this case so one is going to keep looking as stated.

In the next table, One comes across even more problems. The 2:1 ratio seems to go the other way but only for oral Vs IM/IV. Example: OxyContin 80mg Oral would be the equivalent of 40mg Morphine delivered IM/IV [this makes more sense to one] and 80mg OcyContin OP when converted to Morphine OP (MScontin) is 120mg [this also makes more sense, although lower than one expected.]
This table is HERE

In the next table from the same site they seem to contradict themselves a little by stating the following information in their equianalgesic table

Morphine
PO
30–60 mg

Oxycodone
PO
15-30 mg (20 mg)

This seems to say that 30-60mg Morphine PO is equal to 15-30mg of Oxycontin PO.
This equianalgesic table is HERE

This next table seems to support the statements above but still not quite the same for orally delivered Morphine Vs orally delivered OxyCodone. Click HERE for this next Equianalgesic chart.

Oh one forgot to add some information from SWIYour previous post. Opiates are destroyed (just like SWIYou said) by vaporization at approx 82.6 Celsius, But This is why smoking works, when something is vaporized it turns into a vapor which is then inhaled. This is the same reason DiacetylMorphine / Morphine / Opium / etc etc can all be smoked with an indirect flame.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by samuraigecko; 14-12-2007 at 02:34. Reason: remix
Old 15-12-2007, 08:46
Palladium Member

Male from United States

alright. I have this figured out I believe because I cant find that stupid converter i saw here. I found another converter and did some thinking

Not taking bioavailability in account, if both pills are swallowed, oxy is stronger per mg. This is due to the relatively low bioavailability of morphine. so 1 mg of m = .67 of oxy according to that
However, up the nose or butt since the bioavailability jumps 60% means that .2 or somehting like that mgs of morphine would equal .67 oxy.
Injecting is 100% and immediete effect which adds like 70% to what it normally is on top of not passing the liver
Oxy adds like 10% and immediate so morphine is much stronger

Oral oxy is stronger than oral morphine. But since morphine can be substantially stronger if missused, i believe thats why

Does that make sense?
Old 15-12-2007, 09:14
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

It does. However, taking into account that many prefer Oxy over Morph even on the streets (Oxy being lovingly nicknamed "hillbilly heroin") SWIY is not taking into account the IV application of Oxycodone. Ones guess is that in either instance if it were taken the same way, either orally for both or IV for both the ratio's would still remain relatively the same. Most conversion and medical sites state no dosage for Oxycodone in an IV application because they either choose not to show the data and mostly (always actually one thinks) never use it in that way in hospitals.

What one mainly doesn't understand is the "substantially stronger if misused" part of ones theories. Mg to Mg comparison is exactly that no matter which substance is the one being misused. OD will end in the same result, and because of the bioavailability one would asume that it would be easier to OD on Oxycodone rather than Morphine unless there is a ceiling effect as with codeine which Oxycodone does not have.

Either way, both are extremely bad if misused, both are to be experimented with using caution if one is going to do so and both are an Opiate of similar to same value for abuse and addiction.

It has been fun
Old 18-12-2007, 06:35
Palladium Member

Male from United States

while i still havent had time to sit down, ive been really busy heres what i got.

http://www.headachedrugs.com/archives/la_opioids2.html

shows morphine being better at pain relief than oxy. I am going on medline tomorrow and taking care of this. As for the before paragraph. Alright
1. Heroin addicts prefer morphine over oxycodone that is because
morphine oral=305
injected=100% so its a huge jump in how much mgs reach the brain
oxycodone 90 injected 100
not alot.

The reason I say morphine has more of a potential to be misused is due to this fact. When shot up, its much much stronger than vicoden or oxycodone due to this huge increase in utilization. it also gets more bioavailability when crushed, put in water and put in ones ass. also, due to heroin addicts wanting morphine as their second choice drug, the demand and deversion is huge. Orally, morphine is garbage. But when the bioavalability is equal, that would mean morphine is stronger mg for mg. And also, that study is just a pain relief study.
Old 18-12-2007, 06:55
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

mmm, but headache is an obscure affliction and sometimes opiates do nothing for it. Other drugs have been found to be far more effective. The bioavailability of Oxycodone when IV is the same as Morphine so the ratio would remain the same.

The following is just one example of many, SWIM also knows this to be true from being an addict himself. Morphine, of course, is the gold standard in which everything else is compared however other drugs out there are far better and far stronger. IV oxycodone is stronger mg for mg, and Orally Oxycodone is stronger mg for mg. The next link is only one of many one can show.

Oral cancer,and morphine does not,IV morphine is not immediatley pleasant whereas IV Oxycodone is comparable to Heroin Drug abuse. ...
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/43388 - 350k -Cached - Similar pages

Old 20-12-2007, 15:57
Palladium Member

Male from United States

I dont think we understand eachother. Maybe anecdotally for pleasantness, oxy is more enjoyable. However, heroin addicts, according to several accounts of read and people swim knows, seek morphine out rather than anything else if heroin isnt available. As for IVing. Oxy is not stronger mg for mg considering its bioavailability shot up 75% while oxys only 10%. Drugs stronger than morphine

from wikipedia
Morphine is a highly-addictive substance, both psychologically and physically, with an addiction potential comparable to that of heroin. In a study comparing the physiological and subjective effects of heroin and morphine administered intravenously in post-addicts, the post-addicts showed no preference for one or the other of these drugs when administered on a single injection basis. Equipotent doses of these drugs had quite comparable action time courses when administered intravenously, and on this basis there was no difference in their ability to produce feelings of "euphoria," ambition, nervousness, relaxation, drowsiness, or sleepiness.[20] Although the heroin abstinence syndrome was of shorter duration than that of morphine, the peak intensity was quite comparable for the two drugs. Data acquired during short-term addiction studies did not support the statement that tolerance develops more rapidly to heroin than to morphine. These findings have been discussed in relation to the physiochemical properties of heroin and morphine and the metabolism of heroin. When compared to other opioids -- hydromorphone, fentanyl, oxycodone, and meperidine, post-addicts showed a strong preference for heroin and morphine over the others, suggesting that heroin and morphine are more liable to abuse and addiction. Morphine and heroin were also much more likely to produce feelings of "euphoria", and other subjective effects when compared to most other opioid analgesics.[21][22]

there sources
  1. ^ 1 National Institute of Mental Health, Addiction Research Center, U. S. Public Health Service Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky
  2. ^ Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics, Vol. 133, Issue 3, 388-399, 1961
on top of my argument that morphine wouldnt be used in hospice care, oxy would, here is another argument

Fentanyl is an opioid analgesic with a potency eighty times that of morphine. Fentanyl has an LD50 of 3.1 milligrams per kilogram in rats, and, 0.03 milligrams per kilogram in monkeys. The LD50 in humans, by intravenous injection, is 0.2-1 milligrams. In the United States, fentanyl is a Schedule II drug.

Here is another wikipedia article

Hydromorphone's oral to intravenous effectiveness ratio is 5:1 and equinalgesia conversion ratio (hydromorphone HCl to anhydrous morphine sulphate, IV, SC, or IM) is 8:1 and is about 4:1 orally. This means that 30 mg of immediate-release morphine by mouth is similar in analgesic effect to 7.5 mg of hydromorphone by mouth, 10 mg of morphine by injection, and 1.5 mg of hydromorphone by injection. These doses also correspond to about 30 mg of hydrocodone, 24 mg of oxycodone, 200 mg of codeine, 135 mg of dihydrocodeine, 20 mg of dihydromorphine, 15 mg of nicomorphine, 12 mg of heroin and 60 mg of extended-release morphine via the oral route. These figures which can vary from person to person, especially with oral adminstration, on account of such things as relative and absolute levels of some liver enzymes, system pH, and others.

I just know for a fact that when bioavalability is not an issue, morphine is stronger than oxy which is stronger than hydro which is stronger than codeine which is stronger than darvocet blah blah. Fentynal is stronger than hydromorpone which is stronger than heroing (but not as pleasing due to morphine passing the blood brain barrier so quickly and being turned back into, you guessed it, morphine) which is stronger than morphine

Morphine is the gold standard. Thats what they base all this stuff off of it. And while your wikipedia states for some reason that its stronger than morphine its wrong. You have to be careful on there and make sure the facts they say
A. are cited
B. arent way off

Because just from the common sense side i meanoxy would be used in hospice more than morphine and demerol. But its not. You know what Im saying?
Old 20-12-2007, 15:59
Palladium Member

Male from United States

However, I want to again say that orally, oxycodone is stronger. Its bioavalability is much stronger and I totally agree its two times stronger than oral morphine. Im just arguing in a bioavalability free world where all drugs are IVed. You know what I mean?
Old 21-12-2007, 00:37
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

yes one does know what swiy means but SWIWE did start out talking about the oral tablets in question at the start of the thread. We are on the same page, just a different paragraph.

It has been a great conversation, thank you.

Last edited by samuraigecko; 21-12-2007 at 00:37. Reason: remix
Old 21-12-2007, 04:33
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Quote:
yes one does know what swiy means but SWIWE did start out talking about the oral tablets in question at the start of the thread. We are on the same page, just a different paragraph.

It has been a great conversation, thank you.
awesome. yeah it has. thanks man!
Old 21-12-2007, 05:30
beentheredonethatagain beentheredonethatagain is nu online
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,410, Level: 12 Points: 7,410, Level: 12 Points: 7,410, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

Quote:
I just finished your post. Hell no dont . Youll wind up dead boy! Mscontin is time released morphine. 7.5 mgs of oxycodone equals 1 mg of morphine or something like that. So if you only have 15 mgs of oxycodone, i think it would be unwise to start thinking about snorting it. Drinking grapefruitjuice might be a better starting point. Fentynal is even stronger than morphine. So eating the gel WOULD kill you. You gotta be careful man. Read up before using oneself as a human guinea pig.....
I apprecitate you trying to make aware the dangers of opiates, but your info is so inaccurate.

oxycodone is stronger than MS contin, at least as analgesic .
Fentanyl is as you state much more potent, but eating the gel isnt as deadly as you post, viability is low when injested orally, if it were done sub-lingual then yes it would be a risk for a person who is opiate nieve. ( with-out tollerance)

So I only wanted to point out that using terms like "it will kill you ", is not true in all cases. There is a risk and it could result in O.D. and or death, but not often.
Old 21-12-2007, 13:23
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethatagain View Post
I apprecitate you trying to make aware the dangers of opiates, but your info is so inaccurate.

oxycodone is stronger than MS contin, at least as analgesic .
Fentanyl is as you state much more potent, but eating the gel isnt as deadly as you post, viability is low when injested orally, if it were done sub-lingual then yes it would be a risk for a person who is opiate nieve. ( with-out tollerance)

So I only wanted to point out that using terms like "it will kill you ", is not true in all cases. There is a risk and it could result in O.D. and or death, but not often.
first off, if you read all this stuff at the bottom, i figured out I was living in a bioavailability free world because morphne is stronger than oxy when bioavailabilities are equal. and the thing about saying it could kill a person. A person whos only eaten 3 oxycodones at a time which is 15 mgs would most likely not want to fool around. so while you may take offense to someone telling you what to do, this person who is new doesnt want to die. They would rather dabble and you know.. not die. Especially since they are opiate nieve they should be careful. So before saying im wrong read the whole post please
Old 21-12-2007, 13:24
Palladium Member

Male from United States

giving someone advice on the contrary to "try eating it and do it all brah" is a good way to give the ok for someone to engage in very risky behavior that could kill them especially since they have little experience and little tolerance.

Share this on:

Tags
acetaminophen, addiction, addicts, analgesic, aspirin, asprin, bioavailability, codeine, dihydrocodeine, drug, drugs, emergency situations, euphoria, fentanyl, heroin, heroin addict, heroin addicts, hillbilly heroin, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, ibuprofen, immediate release, injection, ld50, meperidine, morphine sulphate, narcotic, opiate, opiate comparison, opiates, opioid, opium, oxycodone ir, oxycontin, pain relief, poppy, smoking oxycodone, snorting drugs, thebaine, time release, tramadol, tylenol, wiki

» New Threads
My Story with Loperamide Addiction
Last post by Feli
29 Replies, 23,031 Views
What's your Sixth Sense?
Last post by Hipsta
13 Replies, 586 Views
Drug Addicts Only! Loperamide...
Last post by Feli
26 Replies, 87,020 Views
Is your use...
Last post by Waiting For The Fall