Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Methadone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-12-2007, 22:24
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
The Monoxide Child is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
shooting up methadone

swim has shot up morphine a few times, and really enjoyed, swim doesnt really have a problem letting a good thing go after once, so addiction hasnt ever been an issue, but swim was wondering how to prepare methadone before shooting it up, just wondering if any special preperations thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 22:31
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male
jerbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: shooting up methadone

Methadone can't (or rather, should NOT) be shot up. Swiy could probably do it somehow, but I don't know how. Methadone pills cannot be injected and the oral liquid cannot be injected either. Like I said, I'm sure swiy could extract the methadone from both (pill/liquid) but I wouldn't have a clue how, so I would just suggest eating them. I've heard injecting it really isn't much better than eating them, as they have a very high oral bioavalability.

Swim is a long time heroin user and addict, and 40mg oral methadone will have him straight for almost two days.
Old 02-12-2007, 22:36
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
The Monoxide Child is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

thanks man, swim will probably just eat 3/4's and sniff 1/4
Old 02-12-2007, 22:39
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

It is pretty pointless to insuffulate methadone pills aswell.They burn quite abit,make a person sneeze and loose most of it,and with methadones high oral bioavailabillity this is pretty much a waste.
Old 02-12-2007, 23:34
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male
jerbles is an unknown quantity at this point

what does swiy have, 10mg pills? 10s are the highest the pills come, except for the wafers, which is just 4 10mg pills in one.

I would agree that sniffing them isn't too good of an idea, mostly just because they burn like a motherfucker, but also because they don't last near as long. If swiy is in the mood to sniff something than by all means, go ahead. It isn't "pointless", and it will effect swiy just as much as eating it would, only it will hit him faster but not last near as long (1-2 hours maybe).

Swim has done the same thing before (eating 3/4 and sniffing 1/4), only sniffing to feel the effects faster though.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good adivce this and above post
Old 02-12-2007, 23:36
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

Well not totally pointless but it burns very baddly and will usually make someone sneeze and waste most the methadone.Eating them is the best way to go.
Old 08-01-2008, 00:35
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Feelingood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

purely out of curiosity, is it possible to smoke a methadone pill? i realize this would most likely be a huge waste. but SWIM enjoys smoked oxy...
Old 18-01-2008, 03:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
Dissociative is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would swiy even want to try to make the methadone last any shorter? Methadone, though not an amazing, is amazing for people who are heavily addicted because it lasts for so long. Swim will always try buying methadone because it is so much cheaper in the long run when you count in how long it lasts. I am sure that it is possible, swiy could even try preparing it similiar to oxy, but swim still thinks that you can't beat the oral route.

And btw, snorting methadone is awful, it burns for awhile, the drip is terrible, and it really doesn't do that much for too long.
Old 24-01-2009, 17:33

Male
BigShoe needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

you guys are dumb, u can shoot methadone up no problem!!! I dont know what in the hell makes you think you cant....

stupid misinformed post
say something productive, not an insult.
BigShoe in Mouth, maybe? Name calling is so first grade.
Old 25-01-2009, 01:59
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8

One thinks that the point most SWImmers were trying to get across was that while injecting is possible, injecting the forms available is not practical. (example: moose urine is injectable but people generally wont do it)

Since the syrup and the pills have a high bioAv there is no point to shooting it because the drug in this form does a better job orally.

One should join the discussion rather than just strait out calling people dumb on SWIYour first post, some people may frown upon that.

Hope this has been of help Peace
Old 28-01-2009, 22:30
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
OpiateWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1

Swim shot his methadone one night, thinking it would make the measly 30ml he had, enough to hold him(stop him withdrawing). Swim just drawn it up, out of the bottle an shot it, took a while to do the lot. It didn't burn at all, like some others were just saying. Swim just tasted it as he shot it, but was sure it did some damage to his vains, maybe it was just the quantity in such a short space of time?
Swim thought the next morning, he'd of been better off if he'd just drank it, he didn't even feel like he'd had any. So as swiys can guess, swim don't rate it at all! Methadone made for drinking, is best to just drink it, methadone made to be injected is best to just inject it. Well thats swims thoughts on this.

Last edited by OpiateWarrior; 28-01-2009 at 23:32.
Old 01-02-2009, 21:46
Banned

25 y/o Male
BuriedinFrost is an unknown quantity at this point

Swim read a story on methadone addiction and withdrawal. The man in the story was a heavy addict of methadone and one night he was writhing on the floor, screaming at the top of his lungs and when he did get to his feet, was acting very violent and out of control, he just needed his fix. At the ER the doctor realizing what was wrong, immediately shot him up with a strong dose of methadone. According to the report the man within 5-10 minutes was calm, content and from the sounds of it, in his happy fucked up place Swim doesn't remember where he read the story, but he remembers for sure that he read it and that methadone can be injected.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:21
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8

The methadone that was used was probably IV methadone intended as such, not the oral methadone which clinics give out.

As one mentioned, it is possible to shoot methadone up (in the form that it is dispensed) but not practical.

Old 13-02-2009, 22:03
Banned

Male
Picass035 is a decent psychonaut.Picass035 is a decent psychonaut.

Methadone pills contain an insane amount of fillers/binders relative to the active ingredient: methadone Hcl. But even if you filter the solution properly with a micron filter or have clean ampoules of it, since it has such a low pH compared to most opiates, you run the risk of increased vein damage. Anyone who has shot methadone knows how much this stuff burns!

However, there are advantages to injecting methadone. The wait is very long (~1 hour) when taken orally. And despite its "high" oral bio-availability, taking the drug intravenously seems to make the drug much more potent (up to 2x stronger). Someone who is in a lot of pain, in withdrawal, and/or has low supply, might consider taking methadone IV -or even IM.

With that said, make sure you assess the pros/cons and remember to always use proper care when injecting ANY drug.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:16

Male from United States
TheToad is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

While I will first say this, shooting up methadone is not a good idea. Even if you don't consider the physical problems it can cause, it is a very bad habit to form and is very, very hard to stop. Now from the way your post sounds, you are not a regular user of methadone, or any other opioid for that matter so these warnings might not seem like they apply to you now, but trust me it doesn't take long to go from seemingly having your use completely under control to full on junkie.

As far as the rest of the posts on this thread, it seems to me that most of you, if not all of you, are not really speaking with any sort of personal reference to the information that you are supplying. While I suppose there isn't any problem with this, don't you think its appropriate to explain that?

Anyways, I can say for sure that the claims that you can not inject methadone are false. Both the pill and the oral version of methadone can be used via IV, and the claims that there is no point to IV use are also false. While injection of methadone may decrease the overall time that it stays in your system, the speed of onset is much faster due to the injection and therefore the feeling is much more noticeable. This effect is even more noticeable when the person injecting is suffering withdrawal symptoms.

If you are a person using methadone maintenance then this is how a terrible cycle can begin. Because injecting methadone seems to make it last less time than taking it orally, sometimes you will already be feeling withdrawals by the time you get your next dose the following morning, then because you feel sick you are inclined to inject the methadone because not only will it alleviate your withdrawal symptoms immediately, but it will actually allow you to feel a rush similar to, but much less intense, an injection of heroin. This can continue for years and is VERY difficult to discontinue. While the serious health effects of this practice have again been exaggerated by other posts in this thread, there are some physical effects that should also be taken into account before deciding to inject methadone.

First of all, vein care is crucial. Methadone (in pill or oral form) will be caustic to the walls of your veins and will cause inflammation. While this is unavoidable due to the makeup of the substance being injected, care can be taken to minimize the risk that this creates. You need to use new needles as often as possible, I know a new one every time is ideal, but if that's not realistic then keeping it down to 2-3 injections per needle will keep you from completely scarring your veins and this is important because using methadone means your veins will NOT last ANYWHERE NEAR AS LONG as they would with a drug like heroin. You must rotate your injection sites and ideally not use the same one within a couple days of the last time you used it. Overuse of injection sites before you allow them to heal will again only greatly speed up the process of rendering certain veins useless. Maintaining a set of 4-5 viable injection sites that are not next to each other is best for this.

Other than that, the only other thing I can say is if injecting the oral form, it is inevitable that you are going to be left with a large amount of solution that must be injected. Now I honestly don't think that injecting anything other than the highest strength solution (10mg/ml) is viable, because it is barely viable to use the high strength stuff. If your clinic offers a different solution then I suggest finding one that does if you are intent on using it because injecting the amount of solution that is required when using something like 5mg/ml or even 1mg/ml is astonishing. A 80mg dose in 5mg/ml is 16 ml of solution which will require multiple, detachable barrels. Basically, don't do it unless you have the strong oral solution.

If you do have the 10mg/ml, then you will still need a rather large syringe. These are not easy to come buy, but you might be able to buy them from a pharmacy (but you might not also, I really don't know where you can get them) if not then you have a couple options. You can find oral medication injectors that look exactly like a syringe with a long neck and no needle. It is used to inject crappy tasting medicine down kids mouths so they don't spit it out. Using that the neck can be shaved down so any normal hypodermic needle from detaching disposable insulin syringes will fit onto them tightly. These oral injectors work exactly the same as non oral ones and can hold about 10-20 times that of a normal 1cc insulin syringe.

Again, if anyone is in a MM program and is thinking about injecting their doses, I strongly advise you to think about why you are even on a MM program in the first place. Most people join a MM program in order to try and get back control of their lives and start to move on from using drugs. Needing to use a needle to inject methadone is a crystal clear sign that you are not ready to stop using. If you really need to inject methadone, then you might as well go back to heroin because the rush is a million times more satisfying, you don't have to worry about passing drug tests and the most important reason, you wont tear up your veins anywhere near as much with H than you would with heroin. Once you decide you want to quit for real, then you can try methadone again if you want to, but I would honestly advise against that as well. Suoxone and or subutex are much better, mainly because when you decide to stop taking them they take much much less time to withdrawal from than methadone (witch can take more than a month of withdrawals before it is out of your system)

please gi8ve sources for buprenorphine w/d being shorter or softer than methadone nw/d
Well written, detailed response. Though Suoxone/Subutex w/d is typically similiar to Methadone
Old 19-11-2011, 23:22

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
dragon_pursuit_dependent is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monoxide Child View Post
swim has shot up morphine a few times, and really enjoyed, swim doesnt really have a problem letting a good thing go after once, so addiction hasnt ever been an issue, but swim was wondering how to prepare methadone before shooting it up, just wondering if any special preperations thanks
wouldn't advise doing it straght with normal green methadone a junkie i know rather well done it whilest in heavy withdrawl by injecting it through a canular inserted into his central femoral vein, he discharged 5x 2.5ml syringes of 10ml/1ml methadone hcl into the vein and felt little or no relief from the torturous withdrawl and although on 180ml's daily(of 1ml/1ml) should have had some relief even if only for a short while. not just that but if you take a syringe full of methadone hcl and draw u'r blood back into it u'r blood generaly just swirls around in it and doesnt exactly mix well i'd just stick to the morphine m8 (obviously not to often)

This response makes little to no sense. Please think before writng!
Old 21-11-2011, 18:07
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13
Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_pursuit_dependent View Post
(...)not just that but if you take a syringe full of methadone hcl and draw u'r blood back into it u'r blood generaly just swirls around in it and doesnt exactly mix well(...)
What exactly do you think this means in respect to injecting?
As long as the blood "swirls "around it has not yet begun to clog, so there should be no issues with injecting.

Or have I missed something here? Please tell me someone, OP or anybody else.

Thank you,
TBBW.
Old 24-11-2011, 20:06

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
dragon_pursuit_dependent is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
What exactly do you think this means in respect to injecting?
As long as the blood "swirls "around it has not yet begun to clog, so there should be no issues with injecting.

Or have I missed something here? Please tell me someone, OP or anybody else.

Thank you,
TBBW.
sorry i maybe should have worded that bit better but what i was getting at was that unlike with something like water or the solution created when you cook up normal heroin with water and vit c/citric when you draw blood back into methadone it doesnt really mix well and as a result the blood keeps together and continue's on its mission to clot up quite quickly unlike if it was drawn into water or the mentioned heroin solution where it would almost instantly mix and as a result dilute there fore slowing down the clotting process quite considerably and obviously buying you more time as not everybody has veins still in a good enough state to be able to find a vein and get it straight in before it clots and for the same reason cant always remove it and shake it up to slow this down but i only made this comment to give an idea of what it behaves like in the syringe when blood is drawn into it as its possibly something that would effect my decission to try it if i knew that first especially as i have deep vein thrombosis in sevral places on both left and right common femoral veins and the central femoral and althogh thats from many years of stupidity it would be sucidal for someone in my state of health to do something like hitting large quantitys of methadone into those veins but like most things its best to have as much of an idea about what it would be like before attempting it and wether people warn you against it or tell you its a good or bad idea if someone's got it in they'r head they'r going to try something like that then they'r probably going to do it and experience it themselves so its best to know a few positives and negatives from others who have done it to go with that experience

thank you for clarifying your point :) Please try to use spaces/paragraph breaks and punctuation so people can read your good posts easier
Old 27-11-2011, 19:16
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13
Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3%

Thank you, dragon pursuit dependent,

I think I got it now.

Even I have problems with hitting a vein at the first time and often have blood in the 'done I want to inject.
What I do, and what is possible with my 'done ( L-Polamidon (TM) Aventis) is to swirl it around to get the blood and solution mixed up. I have never had any cloggings with this.

But, this is only for my preparation of the stuff, can't say how other "methadones" or stuff extracted from pills will behave.

TBBW

(And specially for you, dragonpursuitdependent, here are a bunch of "full stops", they might make your postings much more readable
....................................)

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, amidone, analgesic, dolophine, heptadon, injecting, injecting methadone, injection site, injection sites, intravenous injection, intravenous methadone, intravenous methadone use, iv methadone, meth bumps, methadone, methadone maintenance treatment, mmt, morphine, opioid, physeptone, swelling at injection site, symoron, withdrawal