Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Buprenorphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 24-11-2007, 17:52
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Suboxone headaches and fluid in the head?

Ever since swim started suboxone he quite frequently gets some pretty annoying and sometimes rather painful headaches.Swim read somewhere that this is because opiates increase a kind of fluid in the head and with suboxone there isn't as much euphoria to mask the headache.This is probably true because he has got these headaches but to a lesser degree with other opiates.Also sometimes in the morning he rubs his eyes and hears this sound like fluid popping.He thought it was sinuses at first but now he thinks it may be this.Whatever the cause is do any longtime suboxone users know how to minimize these headaches?They do have the potential to ruin swims day and any help would be appreciated.
Old 24-11-2007, 19:08
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
sweetsugar is a decent psychonaut.sweetsugar is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 351, Level: 3 Points: 351, Level: 3 Points: 351, Level: 3
Re: Suboxone headaches and fluid in the head?

Swim remembers when taking too much Subutex, would get very bad headaches. (swim used to snort it) But when taken in a lower dose (and not being addicted to any opiates) would get a nice warm feeling, euphoria, and a speedy like effect. Swim has heard of some pretty nasty things about snorting the stuff, but no evidence to back it.

Swim is sorry she cant be much help on the matter.
Old 24-11-2007, 20:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male
jerbles is an unknown quantity at this point

Every opiate swij has taken except for heroin has given him a headache after the high wore off. I've never heard of the fluid thing, but that's weird...
Old 18-11-2010, 16:57
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%

Bumpity bump...Does anyone else experience suboxone headaches, if so do they know why these occur?
TIA.

Sparkles.
Old 19-11-2010, 23:18
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Naked Lunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

Buprenorphine headaches pass with daily use. Its an initial side effect only usually. Usually lasting around a week -/+.
Old 20-11-2010, 02:17
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
RED_LEB is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

Yes my old dog experiences them all the time, the best remedy is some xanax or kolatipins and with thes you can even reach a euphoric state on subs
Old 25-11-2010, 01:31
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
palmer X is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1

I found that taking a lower dose stopped the headaches. 8mg (which I believe is the general amount most heroin addicts recieve) is a hell of a lot of what is a very strong drug. If you try a smaller dose or cut your tablets in half and try that first. Otherwise, I found Ibuprofen helped alot if it was simply a general headache (which like non opiate addicts you will start to get again)

It's funny, I remember a person who was on 8mg of subbies and she had a tooth ache. Now, most people would go to the dentist and take some anadin extra or a couple of asprin but not this person. She decided she needed heroin to get rid of the pain (how ridiculous that is was lost on her, only an addict would think this reasonable behavior)

In the end, 3 months of doing really well on maintenance with plans to start reducing was completely wasted and within a week she was back on her £100 per day habit.
Old 15-03-2011, 17:00
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_LEB View Post
Yes my old dog experiences them all the time, the best remedy is some xanax or kolatipins and with thes you can even reach a euphoric state on subs
er, I realise this is an older post but I just want to point out from a harm reduction POV that mixing opiates and benzos is not such a good idea unless they are at prescribed dosages. As both act as CNS depressants, this could lead to some pretty bad side effects - the worst being death
Be safe!
Old 17-03-2011, 17:55
Silver Member

62 y/o Male from United States
Photobug is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

If you're taking Suboxone do the Spit Trick, that should reduce the headaches. The headaches also mean your dose is too high. Remember this. With Sub (or Bupe) Less = More. This means you feel better with lower doses. Try 3 - 6 mg a day. I know this goes against everything you learned as an addict. With most drugs more = more or better. But with Sub, Less = better. Take it from 1 who knows. My cat used 5 mg a day of Subutex for 5 years and was fine. He only stopped because of bad back pains. He now wishes he didn't. He now needs a doc to give him Sub again. Hard to find where he lives.

Share this on:

Tags
bupe, heroin, opana, opiate, opiate headaches, opiates, snort suboxone, suboxone, suboxone headache, suboxone side effects

» New Threads
7 days clean from Oxycodone - need...
Last post by Taarna
2 Replies, 91 Views
possible feeling xanax for days?
Last post by CNSgoingdown
2 Replies, 121 Views
Weird experience.. Blackout
Last post by AARON915
0 Replies, 1 Views
A quick question about tapering...
Last post by Roaddoggy