Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 23-11-2007, 05:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male
naturally5odonme should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Oxycontin snort or chew?

Hello, I am kinda new to the forum.
I tried searching, but i really am not sure if this is a post already.
So im sorry if it is.
Just post the link and its all good.

But, my question was... Well swim has always snorted Oxy, never chewed.
Swims average dose is 40-80mg
What do you think is better chewing or snorting.
Is it basically the same?
Does one last longer then the other?
And what do you think is the best way to do it?
Swim knows from expirience that snorting usually makes the high shorter, but just wants to make sure before swim doeses tonight to see what is best.
Thank You
Old 23-11-2007, 05:41
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5
Re: Oxycontin snort or chew?

Swim likes both,either way.Swim finds it has abit more of a longlasting effect if he chews it but it is more intense if snorted.
Old 24-11-2007, 01:10

30 y/o Male
jerbles is an unknown quantity at this point

if swiy doesn't like the nasty ass taste (swij sure as hell don't) he can crush the OC up and wrap it in a piece of tissue or something and swallow it. This should be the same as chewing..
Old 26-11-2007, 01:09

28 y/o Male
t00cr4zy should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

EZ, chew one, snort the other. That is what SWIM always does.
Old 26-11-2007, 23:25
Silver Member

Male from United States
nleksan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM likes the slight rush from snorting, but actually feels more relaxed and euphoric from eating (as well as it lasting much longer). Hypothetically, let's say SWIM has a 40mg OC. He will crush it up and split the pile in half. He will consume half of it orally, and then separate the other 20mg into 3 piles. He then snorts one to get the immediate effects, which will nicely taper into a strong high. He then will snort the other two as needed (every 2 hours perhaps). The eating establishes a nice baseline high so that the comedown isn't as rough, and snorting little doses over the course of it allows the user to experience little "rushes" continually.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:09
Platinum Member & Advisor

28 y/o Male from United States
trptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10

If one is used to insufflated they may be disappointed w/ oral...esp if dose is same. Unless the bioavailability is higher orally for w/e reason? but i dont think this is the case.

EDIT-
NM the OP is banned...any info posted here now is prolly for the gen info of the forum.

Last edited by Smeg; 12-02-2013 at 01:39. Reason: Polite removal of quote referring to the deleted post above.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
nleksan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1

Oral bioavailability for oxycodone is higher than intranasal. SWIM believes it to be a difference of 15-20%.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:14
Platinum Member & Advisor

28 y/o Male from United States
trptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10

^^Can you source this? Even if it is in this forum it would be cool if you could point me(us) in the right direction.
Old 03-12-2007, 19:39

Male
addicted2hc should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1

Its all preference. Some people like that instant buzz, some can wait. Bioavaililities are always something to think about. Check out the sticky about them to figure it out. A lot of people say they get a longer lasting buzz when swallowing it.
Old 03-12-2007, 20:00
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

Quote:
Oxycodone
Oral: 60-87% (due to low first-pass metabolism).
Insufflated: One study says 45%. However anecdotal evidence says that it may be higher than this number.
Rectal: 61.6% in one study.
From the Opioid Bioavailability thread.
Old 03-12-2007, 20:16
Palladium Member

Male from United States
imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.
Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I dont believe the bioavailability to only be 45% for the nose. I mean, alright this is how I think about it. The stuff is water soluble and can pass the membrane like coke. So it immedietely gets in the blood . Lets say 45% of it. Now, the other 55% would go down orally through drip. So its win win. Am I correct or does anyone wanna shed some light for me?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:16
Banned

Male
Dreznik needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1

My jack ass donkey split his 80mg oxy *& proceeded to snort half. 1 linea in each nostril. Great INTENSE rush. Onset - 1 or so minutes... so far so good .. reply here & I will tell you the rest tomorrow when donkey provides me with a full report.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:23
R.I.P.

Male from United States
EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7

SWIM snorts or injects Oxycontin, and eats lesser varieties of Oxy like OxyIR's, Roxicodone, Percocet, Percodan. He usually chews well.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:30

Male
U4IC1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Like they said oral bioavailibility is much higher than snorting. The best bet is to snort half and eat the other.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:18

53 y/o Male from United States
desertimplant is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

SWIM just wants 1 55 gallon drum full of Oxy-c in solution...a Pic line in several (3?) places......and a 3-way splitter for the drip...then turn to "ON" and start the day

Yea..BA is so good orally or IV it's almost a waste up the nose..some folks like the process however..the grinding, chopping, crushing etc then neatly chopped little lines...fun to do bu doesn't make the high any better..for SWIM anyhow...

Could always prepare a little rail, chew one up, shoot one then snort the little line..covered everythig but IM\Anal...then again....IM likely NOT a good way for anything but a huge abscess and a big sore spot...but your anus will thank u

Peace out..
Old 10-12-2009, 04:39

Male from United States
UNMASKED is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by U4IC1 View Post
Like they said oral bioavailibility is much higher than snorting. The best bet is to snort half and eat the other.
agreed. best way to do is whatever individual person likes....whatever gets your willy's off. railing hits swim hard and then eating is more like nod out fucked with highest bioavailability so it gets absored nice.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:20
Silver Member

Female from United States
static_vodka_420 is a decent psychonaut.static_vodka_420 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 194, Level: 2 Points: 194, Level: 2 Points: 194, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturally5odonme View Post
Hello, I am kinda new to the forum.
I tried searching, but i really am not sure if this is a post already.
So im sorry if it is.
Just post the link and its all good.

But, my question was... Well swim has always snorted Oxy, never chewed.
Swims average dose is 40-80mg
What do you think is better chewing or snorting.
Is it basically the same?
Does one last longer then the other?
And what do you think is the best way to do it?
Swim knows from expirience that snorting usually makes the high shorter, but just wants to make sure before swim doeses tonight to see what is best.
Thank You
snorting provides more of a euphoric rush that swiy is seeking oral will give the other feelings but not the rush however it as swiy said doesnt last as long. this is swims preffered method as for him its all about the rush

oral. aka chewed takes longer to kick in and without the rush all other euphoria is still prresent though and it lasts quite a bit longer just not as high in intensity. if chewing be careful not to leave pieces stuck to ones molars. swim reccomends crushing pill like for snorting placing in a creased dollar bill pouring down the hatch and chasing to avoid pieces sticking to the mouth .

to each his own but swim likes both he just prefers snorting its kind of an obsession to put everything up his nose very bad habit to break
Old 10-12-2009, 05:41
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourlittlebare View Post
I dont believe the bioavailability to only be 45% for the nose. I mean, alright this is how I think about it. The stuff is water soluble and can pass the membrane like coke. So it immedietely gets in the blood . Lets say 45% of it. Now, the other 55% would go down orally through drip. So its win win. Am I correct or does anyone wanna shed some light for me?
"The liver metabolizes many drugs, sometimes to such an extent that only a small amount of active drug emerges from the liver to the rest of the circulatory system". That's strait from wiki, and that's what we all mean by bioavailability, which is pretty accurate despite its length or lack there of. So this means for oxy, the liver kills some of the chemical (depends on method of injestion) before it gets a chance to hit the brain. And then the BBB (blood-brain barrier) means less is getting to the brain. I'm not sure if this is part of bioavailability as well.

As for swim, he prefers insufflation. He loves the process of chopping up a line and that rush you get after an awesome line, especially when you get that one that's right on the money and hits you practically instantly. Then the debilitation rush is much better compared to oral, especially when all you can do is barely utter the words "damn." But this is only for oxycontin, or any other pill that doesn't produce much more than roughly 1 line=10mg. Of course it only takes 40-60mg, but swim isn't a fan of packing his nose tight. It's a waste of drug when you can't get it all the way up there.

If swim can only get like 5-10mg pills, they're normally percocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen) he usually railes 2 lines worth just for the sake of hittin a line, and then does a CWE and drinks that bitter juice. Even if he doesn't need to do a CWE and it's too much to snort all at once, he'll dissolve the pills, completely bypassing the stomach strait to the intestines where it's absorbed quicker, and hits harder. Oh yea, and plenty of tums this way too for potentiating!
Old 13-12-2009, 03:14
Banned

Male

Greeeaatt!!

Just be careful if your donkeys tolerance is low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreznik View Post
My jack ass donkey split his 80mg oxy *& proceeded to snort half. 1 linea in each nostril. Great INTENSE rush. Onset - 1 or so minutes... so far so good .. reply here & I will tell you the rest tomorrow when donkey provides me with a full report.
Old 18-12-2009, 00:57
Banned

Male

INGEST normally, potentiate.

ask my jack ass donkey, he told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreznik View Post
Old 02-07-2013, 00:10

Male from Australia
Buzzaldrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Hey guys quite new to this. Great information but first post. My trex has suffered chronic back pain for the last 6 years or so and has always resorted to alcohol to numb the pain. (Scheuermann's disease and slight scoliosis ) now he has stopped drinking he realised that the pain is immense, poor big guy. He started to do cwe with great results 15mg codeine 500mg apap, at the start of the year he was in a couple of car accidents (I keep telling him not to drive due to his short arms.) after quite a bit of doctor shopping he has finally managed to get oxycontin 10 sr and oxynorm 20 ir. Totally life changing for him. He's never felt this kind of relief. He feels a bit of addiction coming on. He is also on 60mg SSRI. He finds that railing is almost a different high. Feels very social. Comes on within minutes. Orally he says they are much more noddy.

Buzzaldrin added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

He's also says he's never been much of a drug user. But had a taste of almost everything. He started out with a very low tolerance. It's getting higher but wants to stop for a few days to bring it back down again to go through less drugs.

Last edited by Buzzaldrin; 02-07-2013 at 00:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29
Mercury Member

24 y/o Male from United States
BudBarsBlues needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

I suggest just snorting like you usually do. I say this because while the high is shorter it deliveres a far better rush than chewing. Also it will taste dry but slimy and disgusting trust me!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:01
Banned

Male from United States
BigDiggerNick needs to UTFSE some more before posting.BigDiggerNick needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

It's just personal preference. I like longer highs so I usually just eat them, but when I'm having a bad day and I just wanna get high fast, I snort.
Old 17-08-2013, 17:17

Male from United States
nontask is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiggerNick View Post
It's just personal preference. I like longer highs so I usually just eat them, but when I'm having a bad day and I just wanna get high fast, I snort.
You must not live in the US or you wouldn't be able to snort or chew OxyContin.. The only ones available are the new ones which you could hit with a jack hammer and it would bounce off if the pill..
So which ones are you talking about? Oxycodone without APAP will work but not Pursue Oxycontine??
Old 05-12-2013, 00:02

41 y/o Male from USA - California
nickyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

To clarify, you cannot chew the new OxyContin? What happens when you do?

Share this on:

Tags
oxycodone insufflation, oxycontin, oxycontin insufflation, oxycontin routes of administration, oxycontin use, pharmaceutical opiates, roxicodone, snorting drugs, snorting oxycontin