Register Tags

Notices

Old 22-11-2007, 03:05

Male
whatismousex is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
first time with adderall? (25mg XR)

swim just got 2 25mg adderall XR pills. swim was planning on cutting in half to take 12.5 mg for the first time. but swim didnt realize they came in capsules, that would probably change the effects if one were to swallow 1/2 a capsule?

so, is there any way for swim to get a half dose without screwing up how the pill is supposed to kick in and everything?

or

how bad would it be just to take 25mg the first time?

some people seem not to need more than 10mg, if swim were one of those people, what would happen if swim took 25mg?

thanks.
Old 22-11-2007, 04:36

Male
Re: first time with adderall? (25mg XR)

i just talked with another user of adderall, and she has got me worried:

"That might not be good for you, because starting and stopping taking them will lower your metabolism close to zero. In other words, if your one of those slender people who can eat anything and never gain weight, [i am*] and then you start and stop taking Adderall, you will gain alot of weight. Trust me, it happened to me, I used to be skinny, and lets just say, now I'm not. =/ "

then i said: "even if i never took it more than once a week?"

she says: "I hate to say it, but I still think it will mess you up, as far as metabolism goes. I'm just saying this because I wish I would have never toyed with it, and I would still be skinny and have my metobolism."

it seems to me, this is the exact opposite of what i have heard people say about amphetamines and weight. does adderall affect the apetite only or also the metabolism? i am a wrestler so keeping the weight down is very important, although i hadnt planned on using adderall more than once or twice.
Old 22-11-2007, 04:41
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio
bloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way up
Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3

It suppresses appetite as well as speeding up metabolism
Old 22-11-2007, 19:57

Male

ok. i took 1 25 xr pill 3 hours ago, and im not feeling anything. i ate breakfast right before taking it, which included cereal and milk + cran-grape juice. do you think thats preventing the adderall from working?

what should i do next time to make the second pill work?
Old 22-11-2007, 20:01
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio
bloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatismousex View Post
ok. i took 1 25 xr pill 3 hours ago, and im not feeling anything. i ate breakfast right before taking it, which included cereal and milk + cran-grape juice. do you think thats preventing the adderall from working?

The acidity in the cran-grape juice could have well done this.
Old 22-11-2007, 20:35

Male

should i just take the other pill now? or wait another day, and not drink anything acidic.
Old 22-11-2007, 21:17
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio

Don't incriminate yourself, use SWIM ( someone who isn't me ) or something along those lines. In SWIM experience the best thing one could do with only 25mg take a tablespoon of baking soda and dissolve it in a cup of water. Drink this about an hour before taking the pill, also take a tums antacid pill with the baking soda. When taking the pill open up the capsule and pour the beads into SWIY mouth and chew them up as fine as possible and swallow.
Old 22-11-2007, 22:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
tinytom is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2

that is decent advice i would also say that if it increastes your motabolism you will get a depression afterwards.
although i have not read any studies i would imagine this is very slight you would be lucky for a 2% rise IMO
Old 22-11-2007, 22:56

Male

does chewing the beads eliminate the XR effect? so this would make for twice the potency, half the duration?

thanks for your help.

sorry for being a noob, and for forgeting to use swim.
Old 23-11-2007, 00:10
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio

Yes, crushing the beads eliminates the extended release.. Doing this will give around 6 to 7 hours in my cat's experience
Old 23-11-2007, 01:09

Male
hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2

Quote:
i just talked with another user of adderall, and she has got me worried:

"That might not be good for you, because starting and stopping taking them will lower your metabolism close to zero. In other words, if your one of those slender people who can eat anything and never gain weight, [i am*] and then you start and stop taking Adderall, you will gain alot of weight. Trust me, it happened to me, I used to be skinny, and lets just say, now I'm not. =/ "

then i said: "even if i never took it more than once a week?"

she says: "I hate to say it, but I still think it will mess you up, as far as metabolism goes. I'm just saying this because I wish I would have never toyed with it, and I would still be skinny and have my metobolism."

it seems to me, this is the exact opposite of what i have heard people say about amphetamines and weight. does adderall affect the apetite only or also the metabolism? i am a wrestler so keeping the weight down is very important, although i hadnt planned on using adderall more than once or twice.
since swiy is a wrestler he should make sure he is on adderall during the tournaments because if swim takes adderall the day before for the weigh in or w/e the next day swiy will be drained and his performance will be drastically reduced. although its kinda cheating to use amphetamine during a wrestling match...ever seen the cops episode where it takes 6 cops to get a 100lb tweakers arms behind his back? swim sure wouldnt want to fight someone who is on speed...
Old 23-11-2007, 01:46

Male

is using adderall during high school/college sports cheating?
Old 23-11-2007, 03:22
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio

No, but if for the school it will show up on drug tests.. meaning you will be disqualified
Old 23-11-2007, 04:27
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Quote:

my friend weighs 110 lbs, and took 80mg his 1st dose, and it definitly worked for him, giving every called for effect. but beware, the comedown was hellish
Old 24-11-2007, 03:33

Male

Quote:
is using adderall during high school/college sports cheating?
mmm a little. when swim has like 40-60mg of adderall in him he can do 5 more pull ups, and 20 more push ups than he normally can. it increases endurance very noticeably, plus all his movements when he is hitting the punching bag feel pin point accurate and very solid. it defiantly gives you an advantage. if they do drug testing it will show up.
Old 25-11-2007, 01:00

Male

blah. swim took the other 25mg xr pill today. he opened the capsule and chewed the beads.

still virtually no positive effect. swims arms and fingers feel kinda jittery, holding a pencil and typing is slightly more difficult, similar to what swim feels on a high caffiene dose.

should swim give up on amphetamines or try a higher dose some other time.

swim is desperate for an effective stimulant, as swim is struggling to focus on homework and college essays. swim has 4 college essays due in a week, and 3 english essays due many weeks ago. swim does really well in school as long as there isnt writing involved (or boring math projects). (swim has a learning disorder, and really struggles to do writing assignments.) any suggestions for other stimulants to try?
Old 25-11-2007, 01:29

Male

25 mg of adderall isnt really that great of a dose, even in children. swim would do 2-4 capsules at once, take some tums or baking soda with the dose, that will help absorption greatly. adderall is the best stimulant pill for studying and all other stimulants are compared to amphetamine in terms of effectiveness. if adderall isnt cutting it for swiy ritalin probably wont come close. dexidrine might work better than adderall but they are pretty much the same drug with different ratios of different amphetamine salts. swim is guessing that a higher dose would do the trick.
Old 25-11-2007, 04:42

Male

so in terms of intensity, two 25mg xr's chewed would be equivalent to four 25 mg xr's swallowed whole.

there are people who take four 25mg's of xr / day?
Old 25-11-2007, 12:34

Male

yep same intensity except the whole capsules would last longer. swim dosent know anyone who takes 100mg a day but swim was on 2 30mg xrs in the morning for a while but it messed up his sleep too much. if this is a thing swiy is planning to do regularly make sure to take tolerance breaks on the weekends or sumptin cuz adderall loses its magic after many consecutive days. dont rationalize taking the adderall on swiy's break days, thats a slippery slope. good luck man.
Old 29-11-2007, 17:45

27 y/o Male
Pokey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1

lol.. taking 2 adderall xrs crushed and taken orally would be like taking 2 adderall xrs.. not 4.. the idea of xr is extended release.. so that mean that it releases half of the dosage the first 4-6 hours... then releases the second after that point.. take a tums or 2 1 hour to 30 mins before you dose.. this should work...

or you could get a little bowl and take a spoon and crush that shit up well.. put it on a little piece of toilet paper.. and roll it up.. and swallow that
that will kick in a lot faster..

hope that helps..

Last edited by Pokey; 29-11-2007 at 19:03.
Old 08-12-2007, 16:04

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
lol.. taking 2 adderall xrs crushed and taken orally would be like taking 2 adderall xrs.. not 4..
na taking 2 crushed xrs releases the entire power of the pill in one dose as opposed to 2 doses of half potency. a 20mg xr releases 2 doses of 10mg spread apart by about 4 hours. to stay at the same intensity as the crushed adderall, double the dose of whole pills needs to be swallowed.
Old 24-07-2009, 00:46

Female
greener14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

what is swim? sorry, I'm new.

also - my friend and I are taking a 25 mg xr capsule tomorrow each. we've heard this is a pretty high dosage for someone who does not have ADD and has not built up tolerance. we are planning on just taking them orally. i am 5'6'', 140 lbs - female. is this dose a good amount for the first time? i have suffered from depression and a little anxiety in the past.
Old 24-07-2009, 08:13
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Christian1122 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 326, Level: 2 Points: 326, Level: 2 Points: 326, Level: 2

My friend took 45 mg's the first time and sped balls for quite awhile. So considering your size, it could possibly work. Definitely take a tums or baking soda, it makes adderall more euphoric he noticed, as well as more intense. definitely make sure you crush them up.
Old 30-07-2009, 10:35

35 y/o Male from United States
TOOmuchSEX should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

any acidic drink should be avoided from what swim is finding out, unfortunantly swim snorthed 50mg of xr crush and swim had a bump buzz, now 90 mins into it, swim has a body buzz and the urge to pee alot lol
Old 11-01-2010, 20:44

Male
IvendetterI is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Okay look. I am prescribed adderall xr 25mg IDC if you wanna call that self incriminating, because its not. I have a LEGAL PRESCRIPTION. anyways, its not worth taking it to get high in the first place. If you think you NEED it for a genuine MEDICAL/PSYCOLOGICAL reason, you should talk to your doctor. Otherwise... its not worth it. It raises your blood pressure, makes you want to smoke ciggarettes horribly. You become dependent on it, and then when you run out you act like an ass to everyone because you're going through withdrawl. also I weigh 198 5'11 and I am prescribed 25 milligrams. anything over 45mg has a serious rish of stroke and heart attack. Also you cant drink alcohol, or drink caffeine because that will raise your BP even more. please though, if you have any questions Ill check this post again later or tommorrow.

Share this on: