Notices

Old 12-11-2007, 19:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Male
ChestRockwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Crushing up Vicodin..

I just had a quick question. I've been taking 5mg vicodin for a while now. I usually just take 3 and that is enough to get a nice buzz going, I always break the pills in half when I take them, because I've always been told that intensifies the effect and makes them kick in sooner and a bit stronger.

In taking that a bit further, I was wondering would crushing up the pill into a powder work better? I am NOT talking about snorting it. I was thinking more crush the pills up real nice, add them to a small glass of some sprite or something and drink it down real quickly. I guess I'm just curious to know would this method intensify the effect even further or would it just be a waste of time? Logically I'm assuming it would work better, but I've never done it and am curious.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Self-incrimination
Old 12-11-2007, 23:04

29 y/o Male from United States
starscream111 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Re: Crushing up Vicodin..

theres not to much of a difference between parachuting it and just chewing it besides avoiding the taste if you parachute
Old 12-11-2007, 23:09
Platinum Member & Advisor

28 y/o Male from United States
trptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10

^^I disagree

vicoden are some thick pills...me thinks it will take the stomach an hour+ to free all the opiates. Breaking it into finer pieces surely expediates this process.

One should look into a CWE...this puts the opiates in solution, thus making them immediately available for absorption in the stomach. This also rids them of the nasty acetominophen put in there for the sole purpose of reducing recreation use of these drugs.
Old 12-11-2007, 23:43

30 y/o Male
jerbles is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know how some people can even think about chewing them up or drinking them. Swij HATEs the way they taste. I know a girl who used to chew up blue xanax, and IMO, xanax has the worst taste of ANYthing.
Old 12-11-2007, 23:46

Male from United States
merc11292 is an unknown quantity at this point

swim used to use cold water extraction then poor it in his glass of coke, it worked for a better kick.
Old 12-11-2007, 23:47

trptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPAC

^^when one is tasting these they are mostly tasting binders/inactives or secondary drugs (acetominophen) in the mixture.

Footballs have 1mg of xanax in them...but they probably weight around 100mg...therefore 99% of the nasty taste is probably not the actual diazepine. Xanies do taste awful says the pharoph tho.
Old 13-11-2007, 22:28

Male
Thr0wd0wn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

yeahh crushing it up should help you feel it faster.
Old 13-11-2007, 22:40

30 y/o Male
jerbles is an unknown quantity at this point

xanax contains apralozam, BTW. (very incorrect spelling, but you get the idea)
Old 13-11-2007, 22:46

^^
You're saying when they call a pill "xanax" or "vicoden" they are talking about the actual pill with all the binders and inactives. Not simply the compound in the drug?

i.e. Vicoden is not hydrocodone...vicoden is a homogenized mixture of hydrocodone acetominophen and a bunch of fillers/binders/inactives/dyes that has been pressed into a pill? or xanax is the pill, alprazolam is the compound?

I never thought about it like that...
Old 27-11-2007, 03:21

Male
Thr0wd0wn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trptamene View Post
^^
You're saying when they call a pill "xanax" or "vicoden" they are talking about the actual pill with all the binders and inactives. Not simply the compound in the drug?

i.e. Vicoden is not hydrocodone...vicoden is a homogenized mixture of hydrocodone acetominophen and a bunch of fillers/binders/inactives/dyes that has been pressed into a pill? or xanax is the pill, alprazolam is the compound?

I never thought about it like that...
i have a feeling your trying be a smart ass. but if your not. yeah thats right. alprazolam is the chemical that relieves mild anxiety, or in swims case makes you not remember your night. xanax is the brand name medicine that contains alprazolam.
Old 27-11-2007, 03:44
Palladium Member

Male from United States
imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.
Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

vicoden are some thick pills...me thinks it will take the stomach an hour+ to free all the opiates. Breaking it into finer pieces surely expediates this process.

One should look into a CWE...this puts the opiates in solution, thus making them immediately available for absorption in the stomach. This also rids them of the nasty acetominophen put in there for the sole purpose of reducing recreation use of these drugs.[/quote]

the hydrocodone is quick digested. thats why effects are felt 15-20 min later. chewing it up may help some but not alot. hydrocodone is soluble in alcohol. and alcohol goes through the stomach lining faster than just hydrocodone im sure. so crushing and mixing is a great way! cwe wont make it faster. However, Mr. liver will thank you when it doesnt get a kick of tylenol.
Old 27-11-2007, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0wd0wn View Post
i have a feeling your trying be a smart ass. but if your not. yeah thats right. alprazolam is the chemical that relieves mild anxiety, or in swims case makes you not remember your night. xanax is the brand name medicine that contains alprazolam.
I was actually curious/serious...I've always used the terms alprazolam and xanax interchangebly, and considering all the different names of pills hydrocodone this could make sense...I could probably find this by just checking the contents of these pills but what makes a lortab differ from a vicoden? Are these simply pretty much the same mixture just made by different companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourlittlebare View Post
the hydrocodone is quick digested. thats why effects are felt 15-20 min later. chewing it up may help some but not alot. hydrocodone is soluble in alcohol. and alcohol goes through the stomach lining faster than just hydrocodone im sure. so crushing and mixing is a great way! cwe wont make it faster. However, Mr. liver will thank you when it doesnt get a kick of tylenol.
Is it well known that these are quick digest? Do you have any information regarding studies about how quickly these and other pills break down in the stomach? Or could you point me to it maybe.
Old 28-11-2007, 17:50
Palladium Member

Male from United States
imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.
Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

i dont know if its well known. i learned about it in class. i mean it makes sense seeing as the effect is felt as fast as alcohol. its absorbed there. and dealt with by the liver. i couldnt point you in any direction except medline. but your best bet is looking up how extended release work. because they will have to mention how normal pills digest rather than their extended release ones that digest elsewhere
Old 22-06-2009, 00:25

Male from United States
thewayofwright should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1

Its odd that this '07 post is the FIRST Google result...

I wanted to share my experience for all those weekend warriors out there.

I have a hook up for 10/325 Perco's and 10/325 Vico's...

I usually crush 5 of each for an application of three doses. I crush, then chop, and soak for 5 minutes if near frozen water. You’ll know the water is near frozen because tiny ice chunks will form. This cold water filtration will separate the acetaminophen as both are water soluble, but acetaminophen is less water soluble in colder temperatures. I then pour the mixture through a coffee filter using as little water as possible. (100mL max). There will be solids left on the paper and I place them back into 25-50mL of ice water, and then stir. I use the filter paper again and rung the fluid through a second time. Sometimes I will repeat the same steps one last time.

Now, everyone knows the above steps, but this is somewhat different. I let the filtered opiate rich water sit, and sit for hours till there is just a thin, dry film of crystal powder. I scrape up the solids and insert them into a pill. I use a benign soft shell pill from another prescription that I have an endless supply of. The idea is that the pill will resist AS MUCH of the acid burn in the stomach, and makes the passing of the pill into the small intestines as effective as humanly possible. It is the small intestine, NOT the stomach that does the absorption.

Lastly, with the room left over in the pill prior to taking it, I use Benefiter to make up the last bit. I asked my nutritionist instructor as well as a physician a theoretical question, “will the soluble fiber aid is the absorption of a medication”. The answer is that the absorption will in fact be enhanced into the lining of the small intestine. The construct of Vicodin and Percocet are very similar in terms of the dynamics of how carbohydrates are absorbed into the brush boarder of the stomach lining. The most important feature, however, is that the soluble fiber will allow a slower trickling in terms of the absorption. Therefore, the high lasts longer and stays much steadier instead of a quick OMG experience, and then its over as soon as it started.

The whole fiber and pill capsule format I follow is effective in my experience, and, the whole idea that you have to starve yourself prior to taking it becomes false. You can eat what and when you want since the soluble fiber will ensure capture and absorption of the medication, as well as the pill capsule making the pass into your small intestine a maximum experience.

Thank you and happy trippin.

Stop the self-incrimination
Please read the rules and refer to drugs by chemical names not brands
Old 22-06-2009, 00:38

32 y/o Female from United States
Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Swivy has done this with oxycodone/APAP pills. She took them, crushed them into a fine powder and put them in her coffee. She made sure the coffee wasn't too hot so it didn't destroy the oxy, but instead, put it in warm coffee. She couldn't even taste the pills beacause the coffee's bitterness and the sugar covered the taste nearly by 100%! This is her favorite way to parachute pills now due to the lack of nasty pill taste. It's great, and the pills do hit a bit faster and harder than when swallowed whole.
Old 22-06-2009, 01:57
Silver Member

Male from Vanuatu
Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusia View Post
She took them, crushed them into a fine powder and put them in her coffee.
This will soon be known as 'doing a Nurse Jackie' !
Old 22-06-2009, 02:17

32 y/o Female from United States
Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Khan View Post
This will soon be known as 'doing a Nurse Jackie' !

HAHA, where does swiy think Swivy got it? Saw that, paused the show, got the percs and did it up. Jackie and Swivy were sharing their special coffees together. Hell yeah! It really works!

/ok, back on topic now LOL
Old 22-06-2009, 02:28

Male from United States
thewayofwright should review received reputation comments.

I can think of where one could put something for the person who flagged "Stop the self-incrimination"... I have a legal, legit, diagnosed purpose for taking them...
Old 22-06-2009, 03:10
Silver Member

Male from Vanuatu
Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayofwright View Post
I can think of where one could put something for the person who flagged "Stop the self-incrimination"... I have a legal, legit, diagnosed purpose for taking them...
Doesn't matter; read the rules. Someone who isn't you (swiy) might do lots of things, legal, prescribed, or otherwise, but you may not give an account of such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayofwright View Post
I have a hook up for 10/325 Perco's and 10/325 Vico's...
In particular this sort of admission is not tolerated.
Old 22-06-2009, 04:06
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2

Back to the topic, Ive never really understood parachuting since if you place any kind of IR opioid containg pill in water it disintergrates in a matter of 30 seconds. Plus if it absorbes in the small intestine then it wouldnt even aid in the time at all. The increase in effects and decrease in time needed could be attributed to placebo. I know no one wants too hear the P-word but is there any real evidence to support chewing, crushing or parachuting immediate release medications to speed absorption.

Last edited by Phungushead; 04-06-2011 at 16:21.
Old 02-07-2009, 17:52

25 y/o Male
toots should review received reputation comments.

swim wants 2 no if its better 2 snort or to eat vicodin as its swims first time with vicodin...

toots added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

swiy also wants to no what dosage to take ....keeping in mind its swims first time

Last edited by toots; 02-07-2009 at 17:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-07-2009, 18:52
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2

Snorting vicodin is pretty dumb someone would be better served by just taking them orally. Theres a lot of apap in hydrocodone pills and its not a great thing to snort. Most people with no tolerance take 10-30 mg's of hydrocodone to feel recreational effects. Be warned that vicodin contains acetaminophen and large doses of vicodin can start to get in the dangerous level because of the tylenol.
Old 06-09-2010, 21:46

25 y/o Female from United States
Tweaked247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

SWIM wants to know.. when should she dose with tums to potentiate Hydrocodone? Before or after? If before, how long before? SWIM has been searching the boards for this info, but is having trouble finding the answer. If anyone could enlighten SWIM, I'm sure she would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 15-08-2012, 02:24

23 y/o Male from USA - California
Gutter should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbles View Post
I don't know how some people can even think about chewing them up or drinking them. Swij HATEs the way they taste. I know a girl who used to chew up blue xanax, and IMO, xanax has the worst taste of ANYthing.

Grow some balls, it's not that bad, i dont understand why people complain so much about drug use, for example this and people complaining that stuff stings too much when you snort a certain pill, like for real grow some balls

Gutter added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Khan View Post
Doesn't matter; read the rules. Someone who isn't you (swiy) might do lots of things, legal, prescribed, or otherwise, but you may not give an account of such things.

In particular this sort of admission is not tolerated.

stop mini modding brah, " it's not tolerated "? haha, aight kid

reviving a dead thread for some rash comments is not welcome. Also as to your second comment, the mods rely on members to help people out and MK was not out of line. Since then the self incrimination rules have changed.

Last edited by Gutter; 15-08-2012 at 02:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
crushing pills, hydrocodone, snorting drugs, vicodin