Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Phenethylamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Phenethylamines Phenethylamines and amphetamines.

Old 29-12-2004, 22:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

geordie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 282, Level: 2 Points: 282, Level: 2 Points: 282, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
DOB (4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine) Experiences

Please add your experiences with DOB here. Please add dosage, route and duration to the top of your post like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXAMPLE
Dosage: 35 mg
Route: Orally
Duration: 12 hours
Info about this drug (other than experiences) should be discussed here:
Drug info - DOB
These documents about DOB are in the file archive

When posting a experience, please describe:
  • body weight & gender
  • dose taken
  • route of administration
  • Setting: in what environment it was taken.
  • duration of main effects
  • main effects
  • side effects
  • after effects
  • rating of the experience
  • addictive qualities / abuse potential
  • any other valuable information

Thanks!
i made up a story, goes like this.

i had this DOB for ages, i had not found the right time to take it (i heard it lasts 36 hours).This was to be my fist time using DOB. the setting was my house. me and a freind took 2mg orally each, after about an hour to an hour and a half the effects started to kick in. the come-up is simmilar to ecstasy as in its slightly frustrating and restless. by 2 hours psychedelic effects could be felt and visiuals were strong. I was told before taking it that effects were similar to 2c-b crossed with acid. I would say they are similar to 2c-b crossed with shrooms. it is very sedating like large amounts of 2c-b, you wont want to move around much, just lie there. the visuals are very shroom-like, bright, colouful and intense. it has very little mental effects unlike LSD which can make you think deep hard about things. Closed eye visuals on this drug were virly clear and intense although closing your eyes is not nesesarry as open eyes are just as powerfull. 4-5 hours into the trip we watched some audiovisiual DVD's which were very entrancing. i was not hungry throughout the experiance but enjoyed eating sweet things while watching the DVD's as i realised it created an audio-visual-taste experiance. about 7 hours after ingestion i fell asleep. i woke up what i thought was about 10 hours later. i can remember thinking "last night was pretty fun". i looked at my clock and it was at this point i realised that i had not been asleep for 10 hours at at all, i had infact been having closed eye visuals for about an hour. when i found out that id only been out for an hour i noticed that i was still very much up on the DOB. although visuals had almost compleatly faded by the 9-10 hour mark i was far from basline. i never did manage to get any real sleep. from the time of injestion i was awake for about 26 hours. all in all i'd had 42 hours without sleep.

it was a very enjoyable experiance and i think the chances of having a bad trip are slim due to the lack of mental effects. if your planning on taking this make sure your not doing anything for the next couple of days.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Liked the made up story.
interesting report

Last edited by Alfa; 06-12-2007 at 12:28.
Old 30-12-2004, 10:22
Gold Member

41 y/o Male from United Kingdom
blue jammer is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 179, Level: 2 Points: 179, Level: 2 Points: 179, Level: 2
That sounds pretty good, as I'm after something close to LSD type visuals, might have to give this a go...

2mg wow, it must be really powerfull stuff this?!

Goes off to look what quantities it's sold in..
Old 30-12-2004, 11:00

I forgot to mention that there was a comedown about 15 hours after injestion, i was still quite high at this point although a headache was definatly brewing. it is not as bad as a comedown off ecstasy or alcohol but is still reasonably bad.
Old 30-12-2004, 23:37

i got off a contact in london, this person is the only one to have mentioned it to me though. i havent heard about anyone else having it. i got in liquid form in a dropper bottle.
Old 02-01-2005, 00:34

Neo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Interesting report, Geordie

SWIM came across some DOB in liquid recently, as well as a couple of
1.25mg blotters, and is waiting for the right time to try it.

Interested in the point you made about lack of mental effects. SWIM
took some 2C-B last night but was not all that impressed. There was far
too much intellectualizing and the constant thinking got annoying. So
here's hoping that DOB will be a bit more visual and sensory than
intellectual.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:43

madP is an unknown quantity at this point
it's rare, most often found near mischevious people who have 2,5-dma.

it feels kind of like getting kicked in the head with some sort of
psychedelic speed. the most pronounced effect at the peak was
incredible, concrete, ethereal auditory hallucinations. in fact my
partner and both didn't believe the driver of the car when he insisted
that the radio was turned off. first there was deep hyperspace
ambient music, then a multi-faceted choir of angelic voices singing one
shimmering, resonating AU.

it is slightly harder to drive on than lsd i would say.

3 mg is a good fully effective dose for your average person. 4+ mg you
should definetly hesitate before eating, as it is balls to the walls. i
suggest 3mg though because less may cause agitation without full
effects manifesting.

the come up is 4 hours, then a solid four hour peak, and then a come
down which tapers slowly for a long time. there is some residual
stimulant effect that will keep you awake for awhile after the trip
ends, but after sleeping i felt fine, no worse for the wear.

oh yeah, it's not for the faint of heart or weak of will, obviously.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:19
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
I tried DOB a few times 20 years ago-- very smooth and enjyable. Wish I could find it!
Old 16-01-2005, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by madP
3 mg is a good fully effective dose for your average person.
3mg is a very high dose. best start small, heres what erowid says

Oral DOB Dosages
Threshold 0.2 mg
Light 0.2 - 0.75 mg
Common 0.75 - 1.75 mg
Strong 1.75 - 2.5 mg
Heavy 2.5 - 3.5 mg
Overdose 3.5 + mg
Old 22-01-2005, 05:03
Iridium Member

Male
dmax is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Golly. Anyone know how this compares to DOM? That's the
only super-long aphetamine-like psychedelic I've seen around in my
area, and only once.
Old 22-01-2005, 13:34

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
I tried DOM(STP) and DOB some years ago.They seemed subjectively quite
similar to me-- with DOB being more euphoric. They both lasted a long
time! They were both rather visual and (for many of us) quite calm. An
enterprising student chemist manufactured them, believing them to be
legal in the UK. He was wrong.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:43
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
DOB trip report

This is my friends DOB trip report, he is trying to get it on eroiwd. He plans to start carrying a notebook with all his trips and try to get them all on eroiwd. Anyone a registerd trip report write on erowid and know how to become one. My friend has done a lot of psychadelics and will do many more in the future so he thinks eroiwd would be a great place for his reports. Any suggestions on how to get a report onto eroiwd, and how to become a registered trip writer. THanks and enjoy

DOB trip July 2005

This summer me and my friends finally got ahold of some acid which really turned out to be DOB. Since LSD pretty hard to come across these days, people are trying to push various research chemicals as acid. Since DOB is active at small doses, it is easily layed onto blotter and sold as LSD. Me Tom and Matt were at my house and my mom was out of town. We had lots of pot, lots of hash, several blotters, and a house to ourselves to we decided to take the blotters on a Friday night.

A few of my other friends had taken the blotters and noted that they had a bitter taste and the comeup was around two hours, although they all said it was real acid. My normal dose for acid is 4+ hits but I was skeptical of the contents after hearing this information. I knew that 5-meo-amt could fit on blotter and that many of the DOx substances also could so I figured I would only take two hits to be safe. This all took place at a very good time in my life. It was near the end of summer, and I had just visited my girlfriend the day before. I was in a great mood and was prepared to have an excellent trip. Right before the trip I called my girlfriend to tell her I would be tripping so incase I did not answer the phone or something she would understand. She was fine with this.

Matt Tom and I were all ready to take the "acid." It was about 7:00 pm when Matt finally arrived so we each dropped two hits. The first thing I noticed was the bitter taste. This was the first hint that we were not dealing with LSD. It tasted a lot like 2c-e and left a bitter taste in my mouth for several minutes. We all waited until the blotter dissolved and went outside to smoke a bowl. Tom had some really good pot so I was really stoned before the trip even began. We smoked a little more and waited for the effects to begin. It took an hour and a half for me to even feel anything. At about 8:30 mild effects were noticed which included a slight nausea, slight body load and a little bit of breathing in the walls. It started to get dark and the trip slowly started to progress.

By 9:00pm the effects were more pronounced and my body started to hurt very badly. I had some slight back discomfort before the trip and it was multiplied tenfold. It felt as if my body had been poisioned. By 9:30 the visuals started to pick up and my heart started to race. It felt much more like an amphetamine than LSD. By 10:00 I suspected that the blotters contained DOB. I had previously read some information on DOB and the effects seemed to match the description. I had a very heavy body load and very few visuals. DOB did not have any introspective properties like LSD or mushrooms, it was more of a intense body rush with very mild visuals. The energetic properties were comparable to ecstasy but not near as euphoric. Mild ephoria was experienced throughout the night but the body load was untolerable.

At about 11:00 Matt and Tom decided to go for a drive so I stayed home by myself. The body pains started to get even worse. My legs started cramping up and my arms started to hurt. I honestly felt like I had been in a major accident or something. I was anxious, irritable, and in pain, so I decided to take a bath. I put on some headphones while in the bath and turned off the light. I was in complete darkness and my visuals started to pick up a little bit. Closed Eye Visuals were present but not very intense. I saw patterns and colors flash by every once in a while, but there was no flowing or continuous closed eye visuals. I thought the warm bath might be helpful for the body pains but it was not. I chilled in the bath for about 30 minutes then got out to await Matt and Toms arrival.

While I waited for Matt and Tom, I layed on my moms bed with my headphones on with me eyes closed. The music enhancment was excellent but the visuals were lacking and the body load was terrible. I had never experienced this kind of pain ever. I was beginning to have second thoughts about taking the blotters. I was angry that we were duped into buying fake acid, but I doubt the kid who sold them to use had any idea. Matt and Tom finally arrived at around 12:00 and found my in pain on my moms bed. They asked what was wrong and I told them about my cramps and pains. They recommended smoking some more mary jane so we went outside and lit up another bowl. I was looking at the stars and started to think a little more deelpy. I came up with a theory that the moon was like a camera, and that the world we live in was surrounded by some sort or invisible layer that seperates us from other beings which are looking over us. The stars identified themselves as beings and the moon was their leader. I started to think about the movie, the Truman Show, with Jim Carrey. When I looked into the sky, I really felt like I was being watched by something much greater, and this greater being was protecting us and watching over us. Smoking bud helped my body pains a bit and increased the visuals very nicely. The trees looked very much alive and so did the grass. The visuals were much more comparable to 2c-b visuals than anything else. Everything looked like a water painting, very blurry and undefined. The grass and trees smudged together and there wasnt a definite line between anything. Everything seemed to be smudged together and faded. Some psychadelics increase my visual acuity and make everything look much more clear but DOB did the exact opposite. Everything looked dull and blurry.

We finally finished smoking and talking outside at about 1:00 am, so we decided to go inside and crank up the stereo. We threw in some incubus and I kicked back on the couch. Matt was very anxious the whole time and kept getting up and walking around. This annoyed Tom, so he told Matt to go outside, and Matt did. Tom and I chilled inside for a while listening to Incubus and the musical enhancment was excellent. My body load was not as bad then either. I think the marijuana helped quite a bit. While were listening to the music, I began comparing this trip to other drugs, and at this point it started to feel a lot like MDMA. It was undoubetly a phenethylamine I just was not sure what chemical. The lyrics to the music really started to make me think. We listened to the whole cd, which was Make Your Self by Incubus. This was not my first time to hear this CD, but listening to the cd while tripping really enhanced the meaning of the lyrics. The words started to unfold and take on a meaning which they never had before. I was really enjoying my trip and the music was blazing. I could feel the music through my whole body and it felt great. My body load came in waves and so did the euphoria. For one minute I would have some nice euphoria and little bodyload, then it would transform to the opposite. As the body load came, the euphoria went away, and as the body load went, the euphoria came back. The body load was present probably 35-40% of the time. The CD was finally over and I was really glad we had listened to it. I was peaking through the whole CD and my high just kept increasing. There really wasnt a definite peak with this drug. It was like it just kept builing up and building up and never plateaued.

Now it was about 2:00 pm and I went outside to join Matt. Tom stayed inside and popped in a Tool CD. I knew he wanted a little alone time (especially from Matt) so I joined Matt outside and we hopped in the spa. The water was kinda cold and I did not know how to turn the heat on so we just turned on the bubbles and chilled in the spa for a while. Matt got in his boxers but I just hopped in naked. Matt kept forgetting I was naked and every time he looked at me he started to laugh. I found this very humerous and joined in on the laughing. We laughed histerically for a few minutes and kept making stupid jokes and such. The bubbles felt really good too. It would have been really nice if the spa was heated up, but the bubbles alone were quite enjoyable. The bubbles were also causing me to have convulsing visuals. Everything looked very electric like the entire world was recieveng a huge shock. I could see trails, which were mostly red and green, with some blue too. Matt and I chilled in the spa for about an hour and then went inside to join Tom again.

The time was about 3:00 pm and Toms CD was coming to an end. Once it was over we decided to take a ride in Tom's truck. We called up my friend Jerry to drive us around because we were all unable to operate a motor vehicle. Tom has a nice system in his car so we JAMMED some Limp Bizkit. The Bass was unbelieveable. The body high was inncredible and the visuals were really starting to pick up too. Being in a moving car created some really long tracecrs. As before, everything was smudging together into one mass and it was hard to distinguish objets from one another. The music became a bit visible, meaning the music created visuals in my mind. The visuals were nowhere near as intense as LSD but they were still there. Green lines kept appearing in front of me and they swirled around like snaked. I hadnt eaten anything all day so we stopped by tacobell to get something to eat. I got one taco and waited until I got home to eat it. No nausea was present and it was fairly easy to eat the taco. It was good to get something in my stomach but I dont think I could have handled much more.

Now it was about 4:00 pm and thats when we decided to smoke smome hash. I loaded up a bowl in my room and took a huge hit. I handed to pipe to Tom and just layed down on my bed. I could barely even talk or move after taking a hit of hash. It was like I didnt even have control of my body. It was a struggle to walk downstairs but once I got there Matt and I layed down on my moms bed. The trip was starting to come to an end but sleep was impossible. Matt kept making jokes and we were both laughing like a bunch of manics. Matt explained to me how when he was a kid, he though wacking off was when you got your penis and whacked it against a table or something. That one really got me. I couldnt control my laughter after he dropped that one. We eventually stopped talking and I just layed there with my eyes closed waiting to go to work in the morning. My body was still sped up quite a bit but I wasnt really tripping anymore. At 7:00 I went to go find my keys but there were nowhere to be found. I looked and looked and I finally just had to take Matt's truck to work.

I wasnt tripping at work but I felt like a zombie. I managed to work until 12:00, which quite enough work for me. There were times at work when I felt like I was about to pass out but I never did. When I got home Matt and Tom were still up and they were smoking weed. I hit the pipe a few times and it chilled me out but I still could not go to sleep. I had plans to go see a movie with my dad and brother but I still couldnt find my car keys. I told my dad I couldnt find them so he said he would pick me up at 5:00. I got a little sleep before the movie but for the most part I was unrested. After the movie I stayed up a few more hours and then crashed for the night.

I really did not like DOB that much. It wasnt until a little later that I actually found out it was DOB. I searched the internet for answers and coincidentally someone on an online forum had tested these blotters and they tested positive for DOB. It seems like these blotters were circulating the country, most often being sold as LSD. DOB was much more amphetmine like than any other psychedelic I had done and carried a much bigger body load. My body still hurt the next day after I woke up. After doing some momre research on the DOx substances I found that DOM, DOI, and DOC are a lot better then the bromine verison, DOB. All in all, I am glad I got to try this rare substance, but one time was more than enough for a life time. A few weeks later my friend got ahold of some more DOB blotter and offered me a free hit to trip with him but I rejected it. Im am not the type to turn down a free trip, but I was really uninterested in giving DOB another shot. It really sucks that you have too look out for research chemicals being sold for LSD these days. Always take one blotter to make sure it is LSD. I often take ten blotters at a time and I think ten of these puppies would have taken me to my grave. Luckliy my friends noted the bitter taste and passed this information on to me. I was wanting to take 6 hits, but once I found out about the 2 hour come up and extremely bitter taste, I took the necessary precautions and only took two. People really dont need to be passing this stuff of as LSD because it isnt LSD. LSD wont cause an overdose with ten blotters but surely this stuff will. It is a psychdelic amphetamine and it would likely speed your heart up way too much. I look forward to trying DOI and DOC, and possibly DOM if I could get my hands on some. Explore you mind to the fullest and learn as much as you can about yourself and your surroundings but be safe in the process. DOB really just made me realize that people are greedy and will do just about anything for money. It also made me realize that people are hungry for altered states of mind and will take just about any substance to achieve it.

You contribute much.
Very good trip report!
Fantastic report.
Great trip report, thanks!
Old 13-10-2005, 01:35

Male from Bermuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven3davis

DOB trip July 2005

This summer me and my friends finally got ahold of some acid which really turned out to be DOB. Since LSD pretty hard to come across these days, people are trying to push various research chemicals as acid. Since DOB is active at small doses, it is easily layed onto blotter and sold as LSD.

I can't see why anyone would sell DOB as LSD? Nor does it necessarily have a heavy body load, apart from making sleep difficult.Edited by: enquirewithin
Old 05-05-2006, 00:38
Silver Member

Male
LowExpectations is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
It's easier to market, most people don't know what DOB is.
Old 05-05-2006, 00:48

Male from United States
fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2
that does not make it ok.
Old 15-10-2007, 16:41

Male
Kongo is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
DOB Experience - Bad?

Forgive my inexperience with the formatting. I'm just learning to do this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all you smart and creative people. My name is Kongo I have pet bat. named Harry. He has a mischievious curious and impulsive past. He first tried pot than pills then reasearched legal natural substances such as calamus root
Morning glory and Hawain wood rose seed. Some of you in the forum have heard of some of my pet bats experiences.The two most notable may have dealt with Harrys experiement with Jimsom weed the second with an obnoxious substance called DOB. This story is true and has left Harry with an impresive reputation. I forgot there was a third rather funky substance that comes to mind called marazine or cyclizine. But I will save that for anouther tale...............

Harry was in his teens and randomly met a few politically active yippies partying on whiskey in that back of a bus leaving Cambridge to the suburbs of Acton and Lexington, Massachusetts USA. The conversation covered Psychology ,Philosophy, pharmacology, politics and international culture.

Harry was at the time a domesticated suburbanite, a preppy, and a well read but repressed introverted intellectual. With a history of rather embarrassing sexual experiences.

After a time Harry came close to some of these freaky people all of whom were intelligent some were scientists, political activists, experienced researchers in the inner workings of the mind and of course psychedelics

From the suburbs north of Boston where harry was from there were few of these types of intrepid people. Harry was a boyscout and thought he knew a thing or two about camping and survival. Harry came from a home where there was little or no hate to others.

Harry dressed well and was polite.

After a time one of these kind strange people who had a nickname of a big cat invited harry to come up to Maine for what Harry thought was to be a day or two. "you'll meet my friends some interesting good people. Maybe you will learn a thing or two about your self and the world."

Harry being intrigued, stimulated and above all curious and was delighted.

Maine? Harry knew Maine. Harry packed a small bag and dressed in a pretty new LL Bean jacket. It is only for a day or so he didn't pack too much. It can't be too cold it will just like Massachusetts. Harry knew what he was getting into.

Just another trip up north with his new hippy friends...............................

The trip from Mass took 6 hours he was very close to the Canadian border.
Little did Harry know that he my have been out of league.

They were notorious pranksters and freaks and some of them may have been.... Homosexuals!

The people that he drove up with were all cooler than anyone he had ever met and more open minded and intelligent than he had met before. There was the lump who drove us up who later earned the name Bummer Man. There was my host and guide a person of American Indian heredity the one harry referred to as a big cat.There were others maybe 6-8 others. Real hippies from San Francisco .

We arrived in a state forest in up state Maine and we were far away from a town or even power lines. Literally in the middle of nowhere. There were tons of pine trees a tipi, a destroyed school bus with subversive and threatening things spray pained on. There was also sculptures and a few dead old cars. The things that were written on it had to do with politics and sexuality.

The people we visited were kind and gentle the would make a living from pine tipping to get the stuff to make Christmas wreaths they were on food stamps lived close to nature. Real salt of the earth people.

Mind you they were experienced hipsters, hippies, and yippies all of them freaks. Poor harry was just a suburban Wasp the only inexperienced virgin in anyways you could imagine compared to worldly souls.

Now neither Kongo or Harry are masters of chemistry, Psychiatry or alternative lifestyles.

From what little Harry knew that DOB was it was an amphetamine based psychedelic compound that had some of the effects of LSD .But acted more live a drug call STP. HE was told that LSD is or can be a mirror, like a car ride or a jet plane you move to certain velocity and cruise. STP and DOB treats your mind more like a super ball. You get high then you come down only to go up again and again depending on the dosage.

Gee wiz Mr wizard Harry has had PCP, have done microdots, paper acid and something gelatinous called windowpane acid. Of course in Harrys small town the microdots were called mescaline. But that is another story

Harry found himself far from any thing familiar without familiar friends, few reference points and no way out..........................

So Harry was surrounded by nature and from what was told him later that these people he was with were not normal hippies or dead heads .He found out that he was surrounded by super freaks who were deported, banished, or fled that scene for a more simple and mellow time in the frigid north of Maine. What possible harm could come to Harry from these people living in a Tipi in the middle of the woods in Maine ?

With people from a place called Haight Ashbury in San Francisco.
Who could think that they would harm him.
Even worst who could imagine that a teen age bat could affect veterans from such a place and a time.

So there we all were in northern Maine in a Tipi.There was a large cooking pot a fire in side to cook and heat with. Harry remembers the smell of cabbage boiled potatos,and carrotts.

The weather was fair for a time then the wind picked up and the temperature pummeted.Everyone but Harry was well protected. The pretty LL Bean Jacket looked good but was uneffective. Like a domesticated suburbanite around earth people it felt like a poodle being around bears.

Harry was uncomfortable,cold and afraid. He was hungry but did not like cabbage. We had take the DOB two hours before .

Harry was beginning to get tense. He started yelling at his fine hosts.
"Your a trying to turn me in to a hippy freak Faggot !!!"
While at the same time he wanted bodily warmth and someone to feel close to.

He felt like a poodle all pretty yet completely domesticated and ineffectual.

It was a round 10 degrees fahrenheit with a wind that made the trees sway.With the ups and downs of the drug and the general discomfort things and Harry did not calm down. Harry unzipped his fly and pushed himself on the nearest person while saying this is what you really want from me isn't.

Through Harrys words and actions. Basically being rude confrontational and in the midst of a Homophobic freak out. Harry scared most of his kind hosts those who for the most part had many more years with strange people and freak outs out in the gathering Storm.

Harry actually drove these good people not only up the wall but all but one person were found climbing and clinging to the tallest trees.They stayed there for hours in the wind and snow.

So there were things that for bad or good that stuck with Harry. One the most embarrassing was being stuck with the nick name poodle.Two that Harry had some issues with homosexuality.(I did mention that harry had some embarrassing issues surrounding sexuality).Three that harry had the power and ablity to drive the most hardened yippies and hipppies up trees in the dead of winter.

Harry has learnd from this experience with DOB. DOB may not neccesarily be best for Harry especially at that time. With the help from friends harry was told that the trip lasts 8 to 12 hours. Lastly harry was told and learned to be aware of the speedy adrenaline side of future substances.

With love KONGO

Curious report!
Enjoyable and accurate.
Old 15-10-2007, 19:27
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Re: DOB Experience - Bad?

I don't view Kongo as knocking the potential for 2,5-Dimethoxy-Bromo-Amphetamine. I believe he was telling an honest story of what happened to Harry - the Bat. It seemed quite unjudgemental regards the molecule itself. I have heard/witnessed many accounts of people having a hellish time with this particular molecule. It seems to be specific to certain times of their lives and growth. Rather as was DOM (STP) during the early days of it's release in the mid 1960's. You couldn't give it away.

The indication is that this is not a drug for confused kids to mess with. People who have a clear idea of who/where/what they are don't seem to have messy, psychotic reactions to it. Though many find the bodyload to be a signifigant deterent to future exploration, and seek a less jarring experience. And, yes, dosage plays a great role with the DOx series. A small dose - say 3mg of DOM - can be very pleasant to many. But when jumped up to even 5mg - the picture changes and folks are awaiting the come-down rather than the continuation.
Old 15-10-2007, 23:37

Male from Bermuda

What a strange trip! SWIHyperspacebalstoff is right that DOB, like DOM, can be perfectly enjoyable if the dose is right. SWIM has seen many people enjoy both, but NOT in the ridiculous '60s overdoses, but has also seen some less secure people get very uncomfortable.
Old 18-10-2007, 04:59
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.
Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

thumbs up for any molecule capable of remotely (via the bat vector) treeing a bunch of seasoned hippies for hours in subzero temperatures.

did Harry
come to, um, grips with the homophoboerotic aspect of his self or was the trousertower thrust and parry a, um, one-off? ;-)

good report, reminded me a tad of D.F.Wallace's writing style ala Infinite Jest - the best in English book ever writ, IMNSHO. lets have the rest of the tall (as in trees) tales, pls.
Old 22-02-2008, 18:33
Silver Member

Male from United States
Strangeness is captain of the psychonauts.Strangeness is captain of the psychonauts.Strangeness is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 214, Level: 2 Points: 214, Level: 2 Points: 214, Level: 2
Re: DOB trip reports

Dosage: Unknown, 1 normal-sized blotter
Route: Oral
Primary Duration: ~12 hours
Setting: Apartment, mostly during the night.

This experience was an extremely mild one for SWIM, so it'll just be described in summary. After ingestion of the blotter, it took a little more than 3 hours for effects to begin at all for both SWIM and others partaking in the experiment.

The come-up was very very unpleasant for SWIM and he felt just felt an overall uncomfortable feeling with a little nausea and slight anxiety that the entire experience would be this way. Another person who had dosed at the same time was having a very energetic and general feeling of happiness however. After the come-up, SWIM felt nice for awhile. Not really euphoric. Just nice and pleasant.

The visuals were extremely mild throughout. So, several several hours in, SWIM's companions decide to take 2nd hits to up the ante. SWIM declines as he is starting to get a general unpleasant feeling again. The feeling remains for the rest of the experience and is later accompanied by various aches in his neck and shoulders.

All in all, it was definitely a disappointment for SWIM. SWIM's companions are somewhat divided. Two of them say taking two was definitely a much better (and visual) experience and will both probably do so again. The third had an even worse experience than SWIM with all kinds of aches, pains, and a general "shitty" feeling. SWIM is not sure whether or not he will dabble into the substance again. The thought of feeling that crappy, or actually crappier since 2 hits would definitely be tried next time, for that long of a duration just does not seem like a good situation to SWIM.

But time will tell. After a good 12 hours of sleep, SWIM feels perfectly normal. That's a good thing at least, haha.

Thanks for the report.
Thanks for the report
Old 13-03-2008, 01:49
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8
Re: DOB trip reports

This is a story told to me about a friend's experience with some blotters he always assumed were DOB, even though they were sold as acid. After tripping many times off the same blotters, the effects matched up pretty evenly to DOB. It offers a valuable lesson: never expect anything of yourself if SWIY takes some sort of substance.

2 Blotters were taken, He is about 6'4" and 160lbs

This is pretty informal since it was written while the effects of the substance were still present, so my friend tells me.

" At around 5pm on Wednesday (10/21/07) some friends of mine were tripping on acid. I had planned on tripping on another drug later that night, DOB, since I would be on a long bus trip to Ohio. So I went with them and tripped with them during the afternoon. Had a really fun time in Central park. By the time I was back at my dormitory (8pm), I was peaking really hard. I had yet to pack for my bus and I was really confused and making myself worse by the minute because when you're feeling a really strong emotion on DOB you tend to only amplify it as time goes on. So I nearly go insane trying to get ready to leave the dorm. with an hour before my bus leaves, I go back to my group of friends and I try to explain my situation to them I'm tripping so hard I can't even talk let alone form a coherent story to express how I feel. I just ask for a bong rip and they oblige. I spend about 10 minutes trying to calm down, it doesn't really work. With about 45 minutes I leave 3rd north having to make it to the bus terminal at times square.

Luckily DOB also has stimulant effects on it so I've never walked faster to the subway and transferring between corridors on the subway. I constantly think more time has passed than has in actuality so I freak out and just stop looking at my cell phone. I get really confused once the subway finally comes. I keep forgetting if I'm on the uptown or downtown side so I keep exiting the platform to go check the sign. People have been staring at me for quite a while now so I also get scared someone will interrogate me and I will confess I'm on an illegal substance, then get into legal trouble. So I'm feeling even worse at this point. The subway finally comes and I take it to times square. I follow the signs to port authority bus terminal and they take forever, only worsening my feelings of being late for my bus back home. I finally get to the greyhound bus area and there are incoherent lines of people wrapped around EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't be able to make sense of it sober let alone tripping hard and hardly able to say my name. I pick up my ticket at the counter and find my gate. Then I see the line of people extending from it and it's so long that I can’t find the end of it. Then I am not sure if their bus is scheduled to leave at the same time as mine. It was 10:10 and my bus was scheduled to leave at 10:15. Being incoherent I kept cutting to the front of the line and asked if I am supposed to be here. They say yes but at the end of the line. This makes no sense to me since my bus leaves in 5 minutes in my little world. I go and sit in a corner tripping out to the crazy visuals I've been trying to ignore this whole time. It's a little bit soothing to finally enjoy the drug I took to keep myself busy for my long bus ride. Someone angry shakes me out of my stupor and yells at me saying there's no fucking way I am going to just stand up here when her and her sons have been waiting for over an hour and that I need to get the hell back to the end of the line. This really fucks with me and I'm nearly to the point of tears inside.

I leave the front part of the line even though I was never even in the line, just standing against the wall. I see this greyhound information booth and ask where the line is. She says something and points somewhere and I go the completely wrong direction. After standing in the wrong place for 15 minutes the teller left the booth and guided me to where I needed to be, pulling me by the hand. I was thankful. I could now just wait in line but I was always questioning and suspicious if I indeed was in the right line up until the moment I got onto my bus. I was so panicky the entire time. When I finally sat down all my emotions flipped I was happy and because of the DOB I just blissed out forever afterwards.

For the rest of the trip I was tripping extremely hard on the bus. I had taken the highway we were driving on multiple times yet nothing looked familiar it was soo cool. There was amazingly dense fog that shrouded everything and let the DOB create visuals out of nothing. About two hours into my bus trip I lose all electricity as my mp3 player's battery died as did my laptop. The bus's overhead lights were off and the personal reading lights were broken. Keep in mind DOB has me wide awake in pitch blackness with nothing to do. I did a hell of a lot of observing laughing to myself etc. Plainly enjoying my time when I would have otherwise been completely bored if I was sober. We made a couple stops over the course of the night and every time I got out of the bus I immediately started dancing to no music in particular or to any sounds around me. I just needed to move. Each time I was tempted to get out some glowsticks and crack them to practice glowstringing. But each stop I wouldn't have enough time to do much. We finally get to cleveland and the sun rises. Sooo happy to have light again. On my bus ride to akron I make a really intricate beaded bracelet and it was so hard to concentrate and hold onto little beads while I was still tripping. My fingers would suddenly stop holding onto the bead just because they didn't want to be in the same position long enough to thread a bead. They just wanted to move around on their own lol.

I got to akron, the end of my journey, and I was still speedy as hell, my visuals were still there, the body tripping feeling STILL THERE. And the worst thing: my dad is here to pick me up. I just get into the car and say as little as possible. He stops immediately to fill up the gas tank. I check my pupils AND THEY'RE NOT DILATED!! woohoo. Still tripping with no outward signs of it. Things couldn't have gone any better. Then I realize it's thanksgiving. I'll be expected to eat. I'm not going to be hungry for a damn long time oh well. I play with my cats and they're sooo much fun. They just made me feel so happy and they were cuddly and nice and I hadn't seen them forever. Then I took a shower and we went to my brother's house for thanksgiving. At this point I can feel things going down as far as the drugs so I find a quiet place and fall asleep. I get woken up for food and I come down groggy. I fill up a small plate of food and finish about half of it. I wasn't hungry and it made my stomach hurt. I pretty much just lay down for the next 6 or so hours not feeling great not wanting to do too much with family. I realize just how much my lifestyle disagrees with everything they do daily. I had to censor nearly everything I would normally say to I would arise any suspicion of illegal activity or some other questionable remark. It really made me feel unwelcome kind of and just knowing where I'll be happy afterwards. I was very happy with my decision to trip, I just needed to respect DOB more. It was an experience I'll never forget or regret. It was the coolest mind fuck I've ever been through and easily the hardest thing I've ever survived in my life. Who knew riding the subway then finding a gate to a bus could be so interesting and difficult? It will be on DOB!!"

Great report RaverHippie. Keep up the good work, I love reading reports from you- formal or informal. Thanks for the vital details at the top, too.
Old 23-04-2008, 22:21

29 y/o Male from United States
dslexic1 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1

Swim took a trip across country via train, to LA and that he was stockin up on lsd. The paper was so thick he thought he had some super lsd doses. But he tried one on his train ride back up the coast of california, which he said was very awesome by the way except for the quirky train worker dude who kept comin in his room to offer pepsi or flirt with his GF. Anyway effects were most unlike LSD and was very rushy. At one point swim confirmed he WAS the train when it vibrated.... Later when swim took some more his GF pointed at that their was a huge swollen white patch under his eye, that looked like some kinda disease forming. I can only imagine the fear swim had to endure during the rest of his trip... After sending one of his not-lsd blotters to his freind in Canada, he found it was DOB. His blood test confirmed it. Does that sound like a symptom of vasoconstriction?
Old 29-08-2008, 06:40
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
h3artshapedb0x is learning how to become a psychonaut.
DOB at the Detroit Electronic Music Festival crazy shit

DOB
Dose: estimated 4mg oral
Duration: come on 2 hours peak effects 18-19 hours after effects 6-7 hours

MDMA
Dose: 2 pills oral
Duration: unknown because of the similar effects of DOB

SWIM and his at the time girlfriend went to D.E.M.F SWIM was trying to score some acid SWIM immediantly found a hook up SWIM bought 2 hits and then slipped them under his tounge he immediantly noticed a weird kind of sweet taste in his mouth SWIM having done acid numerous times thought this was strange but shrugged it off and let them sit SWIM then began to walk around and wait for the drugs to kick in after an hour SWIM starts loose faith in the cid and but keeps waiting anyway

Around 2 hours after ingesting the drugs SWIM begins to feel a slight distortion of his depth perception and walking becomes increaseingly difficult SWIM then walks down to the underground section of the Hart Plaza everything starts to feel very weird like nothing seems right SWIM notices a burning sensation in his back pocket and asks his girlfriend if his pocket is on fire she sas no and he shrugges it off and keeps walking then he starts to feel very hot and sweaty and kind of a tingly unconfortable tingly sensation in his whole body his back cramps up and becomes very unconfortable

2:30 hours after ingestion SWIM completely looses all idea of how to act in public and this is very bad because hes in a huge plaza with thousands of random people with loud music and flashing lights because SWIMs depth perception is off he starts bumping and running smack into random people and has no idea what to do in this situation because his brain feels like a giant balloon filled with smoke so he runs into them stares for a second and runs off without so much as a word of apology

3:00 hours after ingestion SWIM feels a rain drop on his head but thinks nothing of it because he had recently thought his ass was on fire and keeps going SWIM then begins to see the ground get wet but sees no rain at all and the sky apears to be sunny with very few clouds he begins to feel very wet and hot and puts it off as the drug just making him overheat after 15 minutes swim looks at his girlfriend and shes soaking wet SWIM looks at her and asks her if its raining and she say yeah its been raining for like fucking 20 minutes SWIM suddenly then realizes that it had accually been raining the whole time and decides to find cover they go to the underground where there is a roof and go to dance SWIM gets on the dance floor and then realizes he completely forgot how to dance and for the life of him couldnt do more then just the occasional ackward flail of a arm or a leg so he decides to stop danceing and go find some ecstasy

4 hours after ingestion SWIM feels very strange now medium visuals kind of like acid but not as intense and the colors and waves seemed to move much slower then an acid or mushroom trip almost as if they werent moving at all SWIM had never heard of DOB at the time and couldnt think of what drug this could be other then acid and just dismissed all these weird effects as maybe and environmental trip considering SWIM had never done acid in such an intense and overly populated area SWIM then all of a sudden feels a strong sensation come over him almost like he was suddenly in kind of like a giant bubble that took up a small corner of the harp plaza and then he went into deep thought think of like the cool way your mind works on acid but not anywhere close to as profound and enlightening more like a special k or ecstasy egodeth where am i going with my life what am i doing kind of thing SWIM just remembers staring up at the sky thinking all he really come here for is drugs and music and now he cant dance and hes on enough drugs to last the rest of the fest now what does he do his quest is over thats it and then becoming really saddened by this

4 1/2 hours after ingestion SWIM finds one of his friends and begs him to help him find some ecstasy but is really worried because he is in no mental condition to be buying drugs in such a heavily policed area so he takes a leap of faith tosses money in his hand and pleads for his help SWIM follows him around for hours with no luck so SWIM takes the money back and runs around in a delirious state looking 4 ecstasy he finally runs into the guy who sold him the "acid" and decides against all his better judgement to buy 2 ecstasy pills off of him taken immeniently

5 hours ecstasy starts to kick in SWIM feels a little better he remember how to dance but is still a little to sick feeling to do anything for too long goes and sits down and relaxes for a couple hours nothing too exciting happens except for a few visuals still really slow SWIM goes and sits by the water with his girl and some crazy way more fucked up then SWIM was guy comes running full speed down this hill and slides SWIM trys to make conversation but both of them are way to fucked up to understand the drugged up rambleing of either of them the man then stands up and trys to steal a security guards half empty coke bottle but the guard grabs the other side but the guy doesnt stop and a really weird tug of war game started with the guard winning and the crack head running off into the night tech fest is over soon and SWIM spends the last hour or two hunched over in a ball holding his stomach tech fest ends and SWIM begins to feel very light headed and feels like hes going to pass out every other step he quickly trys to find all his friends and rush back to the car he finally gets in and feels like hes going to die the whole way home

SWIM finally gets home eats a few peices of bread washed down with water and vitamin C's and starts to feel alot better friends came over tripped all night he drank a few beers and felt amazing complete 360 turnaround the trip was absolutly amazing but it didnt end

the next day around 9:00 in the morning SWIM is still having very noticeable effects intense unnessisary laughter intense urges to rearrange everything in the house and dress like a mariachi singer and go to my friends houses SWIM means just some crazy shit deep thinking and intense thoughts on random topics overall the whole trip lasted till like 7-8 at night the next day when SWIM took the hits at 6 or 7 pm the night before SWIM had to call his friend because he was worried he had taken some bunk shit his friend said the effects sounded alot like DOB so SWIM went to a website and it matched perfectly SWIM later found out it was 4mg of Dr.Bob any questions about DOB just ask SWIM would not recommend this to anyone unless to got a safe place to trip for 2 days and plenty of experience with tripping and an open mind

Sounds pretty intense mate, glad swiy is okay though and had a pretty decent experience it sounds like. :)
Old 29-08-2008, 07:12
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.
Points: 2,003, Level: 6 Points: 2,003, Level: 6 Points: 2,003, Level: 6
Re: DOB at the Detroit Electronic Music Festival crazy shit

The part with the rain sounds like it was pretty disconcerting, but at the same time could have been quite remarkable. Overall, sounds like an incredible experience.
Old 29-08-2008, 07:47
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7

Could SWIM tell us what form the alleged DOB was in? Tablets? Paper? Color? Size? Thanks!
Old 29-08-2008, 13:09
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
h3artshapedb0x is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers007 View Post
Could SWIM tell us what form the alleged DOB was in? Tablets? Paper? Color? Size? Thanks!
it was a blue gel tab tiny little squares that could fit on top of a pencil eraser

h3artshapedb0x added 9 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaverHippie View Post
considering the user's join date it seems like he found information regarding DOB then joined up to share his pet's experience after learning from this site about the chemical.
hey man SWIMs new to this whole forum thing thats true man hes not a big computer guy and really he doesnt care if you believe him or not your free to your own opion and he'd die defending your right to think it but he can assure you he knows what the fuck he's talking about this shit is definitly one hell of an experience if you ever get the chance give the good Dr. a visit but use at your own risk

oh and man dont be hostile man judging by your username we would probably get along pretty well you seem like a cool guy man just calm down i dont want any problems Peace

h3artshapedb0x added 13 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by staples View Post
I thought DEMF was 3 months ago?
it was SWIM just found this forum and wanted to post about his DOB experience trust SWIM it was a very memorable experience

Last edited by h3artshapedb0x; 29-08-2008 at 13:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
2c-i, body load, coming down, dob, dob on blotter, drug, experience report, new drug, research chemicals on blotter, smoking meth, tripping

» New Threads
7 days clean from Oxycodone - need...
Last post by Taarna
2 Replies, 91 Views
possible feeling xanax for days?
Last post by CNSgoingdown
2 Replies, 121 Views
Weird experience.. Blackout
Last post by AARON915
0 Replies, 1 Views
A quick question about tapering...
Last post by Roaddoggy