Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 27-12-2004, 22:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Inkmanr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 183, Level: 2 Points: 183, Level: 2 Points: 183, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Me and my buddy wanna try injecting some of these things because we have always just snorted or chewed them. Is there like a step by step site that we could go to?. It's scary injecting because of the risk of infection and stuff so we want to make sure we do it in the safest way possible. Any info is appreciated!.
Old 28-12-2004, 03:34

Female from United States
computergod should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
I'll be posting a how-to on injection, hopefully soon. You will be able
to find it on my site. I don't know where you live, but see if you can
find a clinic to get good rigs off of. The site that Toxic Mind linked
seems to have good info, read it. I'll have video of actual injection,
it should be helpful to you. Send me an e-mail or PM me if you want me
to update you.
Old 31-12-2004, 16:01

sleepingjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
HELP ME IM LOOKING TO MOVE TO ANY ARAE WERE I CAN GET MY NEEDELS, AND SUPPLIES WITH OUT HOURS DRIVING AND HASSEL WHERE IN THE US IS THER HAVEN FOR ME . THANKS BY THE WAY FOR YOUR HELPFUL INJECT TIPS
Old 31-12-2004, 19:39

fupduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

You are wise to be asking advice on injecting, if that's what you've made up your mind to do -- I wish someone would have told me a long time agowhatI have found out recently.

The link posted above recommendsfiltering with cotton, and that is not sufficient, in fact when you use cotton you'll get cotton fibers in your bloodstream unless you re-filterusing a wheel filter.

Especially when injecting pills, but also heroin, there are small particles of things that collect on the walls of blood vessels and in the heart and lungs that over time will eventually lead to serious problems.

Tap water contains huge amounts of bacteria, most of it dead, whichcan attach to the walls of the heart and cause endocarditis and other infections. It's very important to use clean water. If you can get sterile water,it must be the typelabeld "for injection," the other kind is hypotonic and dangerous to inject. I use distilled water, I don't really know how clean it is but it must be better than tap water.

The wheel filters that attach to syringes are the best kind of filter, but even they don't get everything out.This link has a good set of instructions on proper preparation of various drugs, the different procedures can beadapted to different kinds of drugs.

http://www.napnt.org/health/filtering_pills.htm#filters

sleepingjo, you can order syringes cheaply online from any number of sources, in boxes of 100 or more.
Old 01-01-2005, 00:29

wow thats what ive been whanting to hear. Im completly new to the web I just got alap yesturday, sorry the last message was in bold type I just learned this is a foe poa, So what are thes wheel filters and this may totaly gross you but i somtimes us clean cig filters . thanks so much fore the reply i was beginning to think i was such a dork no one wasgoing to talk to me.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:50

There's a description and pics of wheel filters in the link in my last post. It's an australian website but if you're in the USA they have links for suppliers in other countries, I haven't looked at those links so can't tell you any more about them.

I ordered mine from a lab supply co., the ones I got are .45 micron filters, the 25 mm size. That seems to be the same size as the ones pictured in the link. They come in 13 mm and 4 mm also. The bigger they are the more is left behind, and must be rinsed out. With pills, that could be a problem becauseI don't want to shoot any more water than I have to, and with some pills you needto use 3cc's just to get it to go through, and then if you have to rinse the filter out with another cc of water, you then have to either do two shotsor go to a 5cc rig, which I just don't want to do. Most pills, anddefinitely H, canbe properly filtered with less than 3cc's so you can add another cc torinse the filter and still fit itin one (3cc) shot. Forget about using 1cc rigs with these filters.

I ordered mine from a lab supply company near where I live, that way I got them next day using ground shipping. You must be careful to order the kind that is "hydrophilic", i.e. it allows water to pass through the filter. Some resist water, some resist other liquids. That Aussie link seems to have references for filters that are especially for "parenterals" (IV drugs). The ones I got say "for lab use only", but I use em anyway. Some are sterile, some are not, but I believe that even if they aren't sterile, they're still safe, it isn't like they're crawling with germs -- you'll get more germs in yourshot by failing to washyour cookerwith bleach or alcohol than you will from a "non-sterile" filter. That link also has a good set of instructions on the use of wheel filters. Good luck, please feel free to ask if you have questions, I'll help if I can. I'm really just sorry I didn't have the info 20 years ago that I have now on this subject, and as much as I am able to do so, I'mwilling to help anyone who cares enough to try to be safe.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:02

I got some M30ís today, and I want to add that I just tried using the process in the link I posted for MS Contin, and it didnít work too well.

Over the years Iíve done hundreds of them, mostly 30ís and 60ís and a few 100ís, and Iíve always done them the way the link says NOT to do them, by heating them almost to boiling and just pulling up as much as possible, which when you do it that way is almost everything in the spoon, and slamming it. It works great, you get a good shot that way even from one M30, but Iím determined not to do it any more since I found out how bad it is for you.

The crap in these pills must be filtered out, or itcan recrystallize in your bloodstream and stick to the walls of blood vessels around the heart and lungs and in time it will kill you. Iím determined not to do it that way any more, even if it means I donít get high.

When I ran it through a .45 Ķm wheel filter, it barely went through. What came out was very clear, and not as sticky and slimy, but when I slammed it I got almost zilch. The only thing I can guess is that the morph is bonded with the timed-release crap (silicon dioxide, cellulose, etc.) in a way that makes it hang up in the filter. Different filters are designed to trap different kinds of chemicals, and I may simply have the wrong kind of filter, but Iím just not going to shoot stuff that has been filtered only with cotton any more, now that I know cotton is not only a poor filter, but that cotton fibers are also in the filtered liquidthat canít even be seen but can still cause damage in your body.

I apologize for going on and on about this, especially since Iím new to the forum, but Iíve done a lot of reading about IV injection dangers lately and Iím freaked out by it, I have definitely had ďdyspneaĒ (shortness of breath) for a long time, which is a primary symptom of the cardiovascular/pulmonary diseases of IV drug use.

I believe that this particular filtering problem is unique to timed release morphine, other opiate tabs, heroin, etc. are much more easily filtered because they donít have as much of the slimy stuff which I believe is silicon dioxide. Its particles are <.1 Ķm, absolutely unfilterable by any means. I believe solvent extraction is the only solution, the morphine must be chemically isolated and separated by converting it to a base, dissolving in an appropriate solvent that wonít dissolve the sil. dioxide, then converted back into a salt. This requires chems, lab equipment and chemistry skills not available to most people, including me, so Iím hanging it up.

This process might work a little better with M100ís, I canít remember if the tabs are the same size as M30 & M60but if they are then there must be a lot less crap in them so they might be wheel-filterable.
Old 02-01-2005, 16:04

thanks so much for all this info. Being the mother of two fine little boys im determined to get high safely. not only because of them but for my health also. my heart thinking about cotton particels behind in my veins, that really sucks you didnt get yur goove on with the 30,s the only way i ever got anything out of the was to shoot badgunk and all im going to check computergod method out soon. Peace.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:39

C-god, just wanted to say that I thought your link was excellent, itisjust the kind of process I was hoping to find.

I've been thinkingthat in order to properly extract M from timed-release tabs,it would be necessaryto use far more water than you ultimately intend to inject, but I didn't know how to filter or separate it.

I've used naptha for other kinds of extraction, it holds on to veg matter and oils, and I suspected it might also hold on to the gummy stuff in ms contin. Rather than trying to work with solvents like benzene, toluene, etc. to extract the morphine, which I would not feel safe with (especially if I was the one doing it) for something I wanted to inject, it makes much more sense to use a more benign chemical like naptha to pull off the oily stuff instead. The best naptha available OTC is Ronsonol -- the Coleman fuel has something like motor oil in it for lubricating the inner parts of lanterns and stoves, about a tbsp per gallon, and other lighter fluids like zippo are lower grade.

I also think I'll try to hook up a fish tank pump as a vac filter when I get around to trying this -- thanks again for the info.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:44

Female
bowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Re: How to inject Dilaudid,Morphine, and H?

It is all the same..

boil water... then get a 29 or 31 gadge needle... then crush the pill (or put the bag of h) into the spoon... pour in the water... and drop in a little piece of cotton... and draw it up...

be sure when you stick your arm you draw back blood... if no blood goes into the needle you need to try again.

dont start with to much.. you dont wanna od.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please expand this is a little basic, for example how do you identify a vein as opposed to an artery?
Old 09-10-2011, 19:38

Male from Canada
ilikewater is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

If anyone is seriously considering shooting up for the firs time, honestly you should be well aware that IVing in itself becomes an addiction in its own.

When I realized there were dangers of injecting I did some searches online for harm reduction, this is the best site I have come up with:

"harmreduction.org"
There are brochures about basically everything you need to know and/or take into consideration when injecting under Safe or Safer use.

I will post highlights to the artery/vein section which is most important:

1.NEVER inject into an artery, there are very serious consequences. Look for the signs;
a.The color is bright red, not the deep red you get from a vein.
b. Blood may be foamy
c. It might hurt a lot, but it might not also. Sometime if you have a dull needle (which is advised) it may also hurts when you hit a vein, so that is not a telltale sign.
d. There's force behind it and you may not even have to pull back the plunger at all.
"Vein blood never comes into the syringe on its own, you have to pull the plunger back," (harmreduction.org/pubs/pamphlets/arteries.pdf)
If you think you hit an artery pull out immediately and apply pressure, also raise the area above your heart. You may need to seek medical attention. NEVER take a chance, there are horror stories. Losing limbs... Losing lives.

As bowman stated use cotton for a filter (make sure it's pretty tight so no big particles can go through), NEVER use a cigarette filter (they contain nasty things like fiberglass which can end up shot into your veins and that you do not want.
Before you inject ALWAYS check the tip of your needle for possible cotton stuck in the end, which usually can be removed by using your fingers. I always check then squirt a little out (a but wasted but better to be safe in my opinion).

If you can always wash your hands and equipment before using and possible your shot site (on your body). Apparently washing is better than using alcohol because alcohol just kills the bacteria, etc while washing it removes it so it won't get into your body when you push the needle in.

Inject always toward your heart, going with the flow of blood.
Insert at a 45ish degree angle, slowly.

When you first inject I pull back the plunger to create a pocket in the barrel, then push the needle in more, when you hit a vein the blood will automatically go in. Pull back just to make sure and if there's blood your good to go.
Don't move the needle when you push the plunger, it could cause you to go through the vein and miss which is also a very bad thing to happen also. You could lose a limb. If you do miss, apply warmth to the spot so help your body absorb it. If it becomes infected and you are at all worried go to the doctor.

Rotate injection sites if you start, to avoid starring of veins. You could also lose access the the vein and it could collapse? (collapsed veins mean your body can't use that vein anymore so it has to find another route to the heart. It's not healthy and irreversible)
Always use smallest gauge possible and clean needle if possible (though personally I have re-used needles it is not advisable and I was desperate and stupid - cleaned w/ alcohol). Dull needles are also very bad for veins for the same reasons.

If you are shooting a pill (which is very bad) never heat the water with the pill in it, it can cause bad things that you do NOT want in your body (other than the obvious) to dissolve and possibly turn slightly toxic.
Also be wary of pill shooting (see: ritalin lung)

Last thing I have to say is: NEVER share a needle. Even if the person says s/he's clean. You can never be too sure. It is not worth the risk of winding up with a life-long blood disease. Hepatitis C and HIV/AIDS are incurable.

I apologize for the length, but I have been slightly craving the needle lately, so this is what happens.

Be safe : )

Very well written, thanks for making the effort.
Very informative and has good advice. I don't have much knowledge of this and wanted to know about it and I feel like I learned something. 5 stars!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:44

38 y/o Male from Switzerland
el k should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

reusing needles sounds to me ridiculous., even cleaned with alcohol...for HIV it s ok
it s die at 40 celsius...1 minute exposure to ambient air etc...HIV isn t realy virulent like C hepatitis can be.....Hepatitis stay in cotton spoon etc...diing at 130 celsius...then boiling mix can t kill it....and it s get trapped by drynness...( can wait for monthes) some drop of water..and Hepatitis s going in ur blood...only real way is to boil with Javel water for at least 15 min...preferably 30....for have sur clean staff...and all crappy sickness doesn t wait 4 SWIY only on the needles...all plastic part..plugger etc..are also full of viruses...
that all i had been told after know i m Hep C positive since longtime...in my rich european area..80 % of injecters are Hep C positive...and i never shared any needles......to keep in mind....

el k added 7 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

boiling in tap water with a few javel water added in....

el k added 45 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

An da last.,
i ve posted it already in some other threads...Long time ago when i came back from S e Asia., i started to ask my doc some Oxy S...i experienced with pleasure the new Hillbilly H...But it s so expensive after few monthes my doc told me that insurrrance wont be ok to pay for oxycontin for years...(650 usd for 60 ,80ocS)...fuckin hasshole pharmaceutical company love money...that give 4,8 gramms oxycodone = 650 usd... or how a brand found a way to sell new strong opioids, heroin like related..at the same price as dealers sell heroin in street..all legally...
by luck i wasn t enjoying after 3, 4 monthes to snort all these Oxy with this plastic taste even the effect was pretty good...
i switched to ms contin 100s...was wondered to have pure nice morphine at start..and i tried few ways to fill a plugger with no crappy things....
1st water n spooon....what s the hell is that...
2nd was to alll kind of solvent wash...acetone, toluŤne, ether, alcohol for final wash
left me with the exact calcul as 5 pills 100 s...weight was 750mg..finish with 490mg approx...Happy to test it..quiet same shit finally..not all dissolve..an other failure 4 me...
Crisping method by just heating the mashed dry pills in pyrex on (stove) oven top...for 15 20 minutes...mixing when fuming to much...can become a bit brow or grey at the end..no matter M salts burns at 235 celsius...was the best...wait for cool.(pyrex in cold water bath)...
clean water and cotton...filtering and filling a tiny coffy filter who drop by drop gonnna fiter it again....
that s the easiest way i found...but i expecting something pretty good., the M sulfat rush is unpleasent (really)..like a ball of tiny needles burning from the end of the feet moving all around the body until brain...bouha...
i was so surprised a feeling as this one as hooked so much peoples., doctors etc...
that was years ago., i never did it again...
but that was the easiest way i try to...the saffer i guess too...don t be too crazy dude
imagine cellulose and other excipient are horrible for blood stream...and without a final wheel filtering,,it s realy not safe to inject any kind of pill....keep that in mind pliz...
chears

Last edited by el k; 03-11-2011 at 12:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2012, 19:35

Female from United States
TheOtherGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I take 90mg of ms contin and 20mg of Percocet for breakthrough pain, and this week my pain specialist added 2mg of dilaudid 4-6 times daily. I'm still getting no pain relief. I read to break (chew) the pills, and nothing. SWIM tried IV'd ms contin and tried IV'd dilaudid and they had no results for pain relief. SWIM also said they didn't even get a "high" feeling.

Does anyone recommend other pain control options? I don't particularly like taking 3 opiates (fear of addiction), with no results. I have 3 herniated lumbar discs, and have done 16 rounds of cortisone injections, and recently completed RF ablation of the nerves. And I'm STILL in horrible pain. I spend about 95% of my day in bed, I'm ice.

Any recommendations? Is there ONE pain medication that could substitute the 3, with better results?

Thanks mates!
Old 26-01-2013, 15:23
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
punkboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherGirl View Post
I take 90mg of ms contin and 20mg of Percocet for breakthrough pain, and this week my pain specialist added 2mg of dilaudid 4-6 times daily. I'm still getting no pain relief. I read to break (chew) the pills, and nothing. SWIM tried IV'd ms contin and tried IV'd dilaudid and they had no results for pain relief. SWIM also said they didn't even get a "high" feeling.

Does anyone recommend other pain control options? I don't particularly like taking 3 opiates (fear of addiction), with no results. I have 3 herniated lumbar discs, and have done 16 rounds of cortisone injections, and recently completed RF ablation of the nerves. And I'm STILL in horrible pain. I spend about 95% of my day in bed, I'm ice.

Any recommendations? Is there ONE pain medication that could substitute the 3, with better results?

Thanks mates!
Some pain management doctors would go to Methadone from there. It's common practice for people getting no pain relief from large amounts of short acting opiates to be switched to Methadone at the VA for it's long half life and powerful analgesia (and it being so dirt cheap). When looking at any and all conversion calculators you will find that a small amount of methadone is equal to large amounts of other drugs. An example would be 12mg of methadone is equal to 80mg of oxycodone. It must be noted that Methadone is also a NMDA receptor antagonist (like Ketamine) which is also very useful for neuropathic pain. Methadone would be that single drug to take the place of three. There are many things to take into account when considering this transition and should be talked about with your doctor.

good info for the poster above, it is preferable to use as little different substances as possible for pain control. did you realize the question is 5 months old?
Old 09-02-2014, 13:08

33 y/o Male from United States
issokay is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I would like to know the best way to inject hydromorphone pills (dilaudid). These that I have are not times release. I just want to know do I need to avoid heating the pill itself, but put the pill in a spoon with water I've already heated… I'm very opiate tolerant and I have had 2mg dilaudid via IV at the ER before plus 10mg morphine, every hour, plus Norco every four hours & 30mg MS Contin twice/day. All of that while in the hospital with severe pain and it never knocked me out.
Thanks

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, analgesic, dilaudid, hepatitis, heroin, hydromorphone, injecting techniques, injecting tips, intravenous injection, morphine, morphine iv, mst contin, naptha, narcotic, shooting pills, wheel filters