Notices

Old 02-11-2007, 20:57
Silver Member

28 y/o Male
roidrage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
liver repairing from acetaminophen

i hate doing the cwe since hard not to puke from taste and i dont want to waste any codiene, does anyone know after taking just 6 gram of acetaminophen once then next time in 3-4 days will liver be at 100% again to have another small dose?
Old 02-11-2007, 21:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
Tortoise is a decent psychonaut.Tortoise is a decent psychonaut.
Re: liver repairing from acetaminophen

Dude, no.
How could a person have such disregard for their body that they'd risk damaging their liver just to get high once?

Please don't take 6grams of acetaminophen.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good comments. I think I liked your old avatar better :)
Old 29-12-2007, 05:18
Silver Member

Male from United States
pillpopper96743 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

To my knowledge, youd have to teake suppliments that the liver naturally produces, such as vitamin C,E etc. Id go to a health store and get liver suppliments and flush outs if I were you. The most SWIM had ever took in a session was 4.5 gram (9x 5/500 pills of vico), and had to wait 3 weeks for his liver to return to normal before continuing.

please dont suggest any dose over 4000mg it is not safe
Old 29-12-2007, 13:04
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,144, Level: 5 Points: 1,144, Level: 5 Points: 1,144, Level: 5

if swiy hates the taste so bad then just mix the codeine solution with orange juice or something, tbh swiy shouldn't be dealing with more than 50ml of the stuff anyway so just knock it back like a shot and take it like a man!!
Old 29-12-2007, 16:57
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9

Quote:
To my knowledge, youd have to teake suppliments that the liver naturally produces, such as vitamin C,E etc. Id go to a health store and get liver suppliments and flush outs if I were you. The most SWIM had ever took in a session was 4.5 gram (9x 5/500 pills of vico), and had to wait 3 weeks for his liver to return to normal before continuing.
Do you know anything about hepatic necrosis? This isn't about vitamins and "flush-outs" FFS!
Old 29-12-2007, 21:09
Banned

39 y/o Male from Portugal
Ethyl is a decent psychonaut.Ethyl is a decent psychonaut.

the liver regenerates it self, but tends to become fibrotic and then necrotic when in extended periods (or high doses) of contact with substances/virus. This ultimates leeds to cirrosis and death.

If you want to take something, here goes 2 things that might help:

- Acetylcysteine - used in high doses to treat paracetamol poisining.

- silimarine, a plant extract that protects the liver against certain toxins, it is one of the antidotes for poisonouns amanitas.

Old 29-12-2007, 21:11
Banned

39 y/o Male from Portugal
Ethyl is a decent psychonaut.Ethyl is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrage View Post
i hate doing the cwe since hard not to puke from taste and i dont want to waste any codiene, does anyone know after taking just 6 gram of acetaminophen once then next time in 3-4 days will liver be at 100% again to have another small dose?
ALLWAYS DO A CWE!
Take the result liquid from the cwe and make jellow. It won't hit as fast but not so slow, and little taste of the codeine. If concentrated you only need like 2 or 3 spoons..
Old 29-12-2007, 21:25
Silver Member

Male
ncsponger is learning how to become a psychonaut.

The less acet. you take the the more your body will like you. In swim's experience, it's very easy to cover up the taste of a codeine CWE. Just use plenty of your favorite soda or juice and down it. Don't destroy your liver, it's not worth any buzz.
Old 29-12-2007, 23:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
pillpopper96743 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus View Post
Do you know anything about hepatic necrosis? This isn't about vitamins and "flush-outs" FFS!

No I really dont know that much about hepatic necrosis, and I never said I did. Im just giving some advice based on SWIMS experience and what he looked up online about the care for your liver. The vitamins and flush-outs helped SWIM, so im telling the thread starter about it. It isnt a knowledge competition dude, so just chill out. (If your liver is damaged from acetaminophen, suppliments and toxicity flush-outs will help it to repair itself for another session of codeine popping in 3-4 days, even if it is small. Trust me on this one. SWIM has done this before.)
Old 30-12-2007, 00:10

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Dead (necrotic) cells don't magically regenerate in 3-4 days, even when aided with vitamins and dubious toxin flush products. Don't offer advice if you don't know what you're talking about. Single anecdotal case reports (e.g. "I did this and nothing happened so it's totally safe") are worthless in thsi case.

too harsh as usual. sorry.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:23
Iridium Member

42 y/o Male
chico is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3

I think the max daily dose is 4000mg or vicodin 5/500. Anything above that is playing with fire!
Old 01-01-2008, 15:51

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

This subject comes up again and again, and it's potentially much more serious than many people think.

Acetaminophen (aka Paracetamol) toxicity is often poorly understood. There are three key things to remember:

1. At the recommended doses acetaminophen is perfectly safe; but an overdose is very harmful and can be fatal.
There is not a linear dose/toxicity curve, with small amounts causing minor toxicity and larger amounts causing gradually increasing damage. Small amounts cause absolutely no toxicity, but past a certain point serious liver damage starts to occur.

2. The difference between the maximum recommended dose and a potentially toxic dose is much lower than many people think.
The toxic dose is typically between 4g and 6g depending on the person. That means that taking just eight 500mg tablets could be toxic - that's only four times the recommended dose.

3. A toxic dose produces no noticeable effects until after the damage has occurred.
Symptoms don't appear until between 16 and 36 hours of the overdose, and by then the damage is done. The damage is not reversible, and in severe cases a liver transplant is required to avoid death by liver failure.

The mechanism behind the toxicity is as follows:

Acetaminophen is metabolised by two pathways: about 90% is metabolised through glucuronidation, which yields a non-toxic metabolite, and the remaining 10% is metabolised by CYP, which yeilds N-acetyl-p-benzo-quinone imine (NAPQI). NAPQI is very toxic to the liver, but it is inactivated almost immediately by glutathione before it does any damage.

The problem occurs when the liver's store of glutathione is exhausted. Then the NAPQI starts to kill liver cells, resulting in liver damage.

The ratio between the two metabolic pathways differs between individuals, as does the amount of glutathione stored in the liver. These two factors account for the range of toxic doses between different people.

You can think of the maximum safe dosage using the leaky bucket analogy. Imagine a bucket with holes in the bottom. The capacity of the bucket represents the liver's store of glutathione, and the flow rate through the holes represents the regeneration rate of glutathione. A single dose of acetaminophen will not cause any problems if it is less than the bucket's capacity. Also, a person can continue to take acetaminophen providing the rate of consumption is less than the rate of glutathione regeneration. If either of these is exceeded, then the bucket overflows and liver damage will result.

To answer the OP's question: No, 6g of acetaminophen is not safe. It's around the level where liver damage starts to occur for most people, and you'd be mad to risk that just to avoid a bitter taste.

Spot on, as are most if not all of yer posts here! And a Happy New Year to ya!
Thank fuck for ppl like you! Harm Reduction FTW
Old 09-01-2008, 23:50
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
darkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way up
Points: 800, Level: 4 Points: 800, Level: 4 Points: 800, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondlife View Post
To answer the OP's question: No, 6g of acetaminophen is not safe. It's around the level where liver damage starts to occur for most people, and you'd be mad to risk that just to avoid a bitter taste.
Just to clarify: When you say liver damage, do you mean irrevocable liver damage? Or would SWIDoofusOriginalPosterGuy probably have got away with it this time?
Old 09-01-2008, 23:57

Male from United States

All tissues can regenerate, except neurons. But with serious liver necrosis one may die before there is any chance for regeneration.
Old 18-01-2008, 02:34

33 y/o Male
oxyaddict420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I hate for this to be my first post but I am scared now by reading these comments.. I currnetly took 35 5/500 vico over a 22 hour period.. each dose was 7 5/500.. First dose was at 6:00pm last night, then 1:00am, then 3:00am: then 5:00am then I started to worry about the tylenol and waited about 11:00 hours until i took the last dose at 4:00pm this afternoon.. There has been times where I have taken around 20,000mg of tylenol 3 or 4 days in a row.. I had NO IDEA about this CWE method.. I just found it due to searching the internet on tylenol overdose info.. I weigh 300lbs and I will not take any more AT ALL! But will I be ok? I am scared from what i read above.. Is it too late to flush my system? If not what do I use and where do I get it? PLEASE HELP!
Old 18-01-2008, 02:47

Male from Australia

Oxyaddict, sorry to say it but Swiy is right to be concerned. Swiy should get his arse to a hospital and be totally honest with them about what he's done. He will probably be given activated charcoal among other things. Don't wait until it's too late, tell him to go now! There is no other sensible option.

ps. read the forum rules re: self incrimination some time.

for good advice and quick reply
Old 18-01-2008, 02:52
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.Mint boi really adds to the discussion.

as tortoise said hospital is the place you want to be right now, better safe than sorry. An overdose of this sort doesn't usually begin to show any signs until alot of damage has been done so don't leave it till you begin to feel crappy.
Old 18-01-2008, 03:07

33 y/o Male

Thank you for the quick reply.. Swim is SCARED to go to the hospital in fear of what they will do to him.. Is there any other option? Lets say Swim decides not to go no matter what.. What are Swims best chances at this being ok? Altogather it has been 17,500mg over a 26 hour period counting now.. Swim read in a rx type website that it would take like 30 extra strength tylenol 500mg in an 8 hour period to have a overdose, and if untreated 3 or 4% were affected negatively!!! Is there ANY alternatives? PLEASE? FOR Swim?
Old 18-01-2008, 03:15
Gold Member

Male from Ireland

to be honest there's not alot swiy can do for himself at this late stage, most of the substance will have been absorbed, so activated charcoal would be a waste of time almost. The people at the hospital won't do anything to you except help! Although you might have to talk to a shrink after. TBH if swiy is totally agaisnt going to the hospital theres not alot swiy can do except stay calm, and hope no damage has been done.

(Im not trying to scare swiy, hopefully nothing will come of this other than a lesson learned, but again better safe than sorry, and that was a large dose swiy took)

Last edited by Mint boi; 18-01-2008 at 03:20.
Old 18-01-2008, 03:16

Male from United States

Make your choice. The hospital will do nothing but keep you under observation, draw blood from time to time (to do various tests), and fuel you with the standard antidote. Don't worry about them reporting you to the authorities.
Old 18-01-2008, 07:58

33 y/o Male

Swim is still getting used to the forum so near with him.. Swim went to the E.R. and they did blood tests, and said that because of his weight he wasnt even over the lethal amount.. The DR broke it down for him in ml per kilo and stuff he didnt quite understand.. But to be double sure when the tests came back Swim was jumping for joy when they were 100% normal!!!

Not to mention Swim told the Dr and everyone else the 100% truth about what he had done and the DR still wrote Swim a script for 5mg oxycodone IR.. Swim had to actually tell him the name of the drug since he didnt know of any oxycodone meds that didnt have apap or any other filler! haha

Seriously though.. Swim thanks Swiy for all the support and that is why he went.. Also now Swim (thinks) he can CWE the nasty crap out from now on..
Old 18-01-2008, 12:11

Male from Australia

Glad to hear that you're Ok! Makes me feel like I was overreacting but it's always best to be safe.

By the way, welcome!
Old 18-01-2008, 19:32

33 y/o Male

My pet iguana thanks his friendly turtle for caring enough to suggest the correct plan of action.. My iguana could have been damaged very badly and wouldn't have even known it.. Things could have went the other way very easily! THANK YOU TRULY
Old 18-01-2008, 19:59
Gold Member

25 y/o Male from Earth
Coconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,836, Level: 7 Points: 2,836, Level: 7 Points: 2,836, Level: 7

Here is a rule I think everyone should follow: if you think you've overdosed, go to a hospital and don't even think twice about it. The almost non-existent possibility of being reported and the potential embarrassment are nothing compared to the very real risk of death - and according to recent surveys, death is bad.

good advice and lol
Old 18-01-2008, 22:05

33 y/o Male

My uncles ghost also agrees with this as well.. Death

Share this on:

Tags
acetaminophen, apap damage, apap toxicity tolerance, drugs, liver and drugs, liver damage, liver toxicity, paracetamol, tylenol