Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 22-10-2007, 18:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

54 y/o Male
ericg is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Suboxone and Drug testing

swim said:

i was told on many sites that suboxone will not come up on any standard drug tests except for the ones that ae specifically for sub's but on this site i have read people failing for opiates for taking suboxone. Anyone know the real answer? And if they do come up how long would it take to get out of my body last time i took them was a very little bit on saturday and i have d/t for probation on tuesday. I dont have a script. Any help would be greatly appreiciated

thanks ericg

Last edited by Ilsa; 09-09-2010 at 23:38. Reason: self incrim
Old 22-10-2007, 19:39
Banned

25 y/o Male
JaWill88 is a decent psychonaut.JaWill88 is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Suboxone and Drug testing

it will not show in a standard drug test. only the specific test for buprenorphine
Old 04-11-2007, 22:12

28 y/o Male
Rosstones is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

swim said:

I have the same thing... I took 2mg on SUNDAY (today) and I MIGHT have a drug test on Wednesday morning. The half life is 37 hours for Suboxone... I understand this. But I cannot find the Cut-off levels for the drug test. If I get the test it would be a NEW YORK STATE PROBHATION drug test.... and its just a simple urine screen.. done right in front of me.. no lab involved. What do you think?

-BaMMeR / Rosstones

Last edited by Ilsa; 09-09-2010 at 23:38.
Old 12-11-2007, 19:22
Silver Member

Male from Germany
Freak_ is a decent psychonaut.Freak_ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2

SWIM has the same question:

Do you know if Buprenorphine shows up in drug tests as opiate or Methadone? If yes, how long will it show up?
SWIM thinks its very likely cause its a half synthetic opiate, it could show up as opiate or as methadone. In the drugs tests SWIM has to do, Methadone is tested, too. Methadone is an extra field in the drug test cause methadone doesn't show up in opiates cause its a full synthetic opiate.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/suboxone.htm
Old 14-11-2007, 19:42

28 y/o Male
Rosstones is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I am more interested in figuring out how long a certain amount of MG will take to not show up on a drug test... or be 98% gone. Say something has a half life of 40 hours, and I took 2mg. How long will it take to be out of my system 100%? Anybody know how to calculate this? I've seen really complex examples before.. but it wasnt in Hours and Milligrams.

Thank you.

Raw Stones

P.S. I didn't get tested.
Old 29-04-2008, 08:49

29 y/o Male from United States
dslexic1 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1

From Wiki answers

Will suboxone show up in a urinalysis?

In: Medication and Drugs

will suboxone show up in a urinalysis? Yes, suboxone will show up in a urinalysis test, but,, it does not show up as an opiate drug, it shows up as buprenorophine and hence has a test of its own
Old 25-01-2009, 07:59

Male from United States
cartonb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

suboxone will not show up as an opiate on drug test especially the little test kits most probation officers have. If the test includes screening for bupe specifically your screwed but this is unlikely. swIm was a heroin addict but had been on subs for 3 or 4 days and parents gave me a drug test incuding opiates an heroin and swIm passed. If he isnt sending your piss to a lab than your most likely fine.
Old 30-01-2009, 17:14

29 y/o Male from United States
Smitty2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

SWIM also agrees that it will not show up on a standard and general test that just detects Opioids. SWIM says this for two reasons, he is prescripted Suboxone and they test him frequently, they test for Opiods too of course but they can tell the difference between Oxy, Sub, H, ect. So it must have its own test. Secondly SWIM took a self test kit while he was taking his medication, and he passed the Opiod test.
Old 08-09-2010, 22:36
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Vein_Banger is captain of the psychonauts.Vein_Banger is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 341, Level: 2 Points: 341, Level: 2 Points: 341, Level: 2

swim said:

okay, every single bit of my prior knowledge just got blasted. I just got transferred from community corrections probation to state probation, and the very first UA i have i failed for oxy today, actually like 30mins ago. I have been on sub now for about 5 months and am down to 8mg a day. I HAVE NOT, repeat HAVE NOT done any opiates at all in 5 months, besides the bupe of course!!! so why did this happen?!?!? oh yeah, i was tested every month on comm corrections as well and always passed!! so why now?? what a 1st impression aye?

Last edited by Ilsa; 09-09-2010 at 23:35. Reason: self incrim
Old 08-09-2010, 23:35
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11

SWIVeinbanger, sorry to hear you are having troubles with a UA false positive. Oxycodone generally shouldn't show in a urine opiate assay anyway because it is derived from thebaine which cannot be detected in urine...so I would strongly question that outcome? Other things that can cause a false positive for opiates are poppy seeds - apparently a poppy seed bagel can produce a false + for up to 2 days after ingestion as one contains 1.5mg of morphine - and drugs used to treat kidney problems, or drugs from the quinolone family. Do any of these things apply to SWIY? I'd also ask what the opiate screening cutoff levels are for the lab testing your sample...it should be 2000 ng/mL but some still use the (very outdated) low number of 300 ng/mL.
A good ref chart and explanations of urine screenings published by the Mayo Clinic can be found here - unfortunately it does not include Subbies/bupe in the article:
http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com...3/1/66.full#T2

Good luck

Post Quality Evaluations:
great info, nice source

Last edited by catseye; 09-09-2010 at 00:00. Reason: clarification
Old 09-09-2010, 13:34
Silver Member

Vein_Banger is captain of the psychonauts.Vein_Banger is captain of the psychonauts.

swim said:

yeah i know those things, and thanks for the reply, but i was positive for oxy only, not opiates, i was just stating in my 1st post that i have done NO opiates at all, much less oxy!!

Last edited by Ilsa; 09-09-2010 at 23:39. Reason: self incrim
Old 09-09-2010, 23:36
Ilsa Ilsa is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by catseye View Post
SWIVeinbanger, sorry to hear you are having troubles with a UA false positive. Oxycodone generally shouldn't show in a urine opiate assay anyway because it is derived from thebaine which cannot be detected in urine...so I would strongly question that outcome? Other things that can cause a false positive for opiates are poppy seeds - apparently a poppy seed bagel can produce a false + for up to 2 days after ingestion as one contains 1.5mg of morphine - and drugs used to treat kidney problems, or drugs from the quinolone family. Do any of these things apply to SWIY? I'd also ask what the opiate screening cutoff levels are for the lab testing your sample...it should be 2000 ng/mL but some still use the (very outdated) low number of 300 ng/mL.
A good ref chart and explanations of urine screenings published by the Mayo Clinic can be found here - unfortunately it does not include Subbies/bupe in the article:
http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com...3/1/66.full#T2

Good luck
can you please copy and paste? links go dead, so we try to store as much on the site as possible. lovely info. thanks!

***also, let's try to keep to third person here, as i have seen and fixed several instances of self incrimination here, thanks again everyone!
Old 09-09-2010, 23:55
Titanium Member

Male from United States
xenos is captain of the psychonauts.xenos is captain of the psychonauts.xenos is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 380, Level: 3 Points: 380, Level: 3 Points: 380, Level: 3

Sorry to hear about the false positive, Vein_Banger. Make sure SWIY knows that he has the right to ask for a Confirmation Test. Explain that he is on Suboxone, as the Urinalysis should confirm. Possibly mention that the Suboxone makes him unable to take other opiates recreationally. If the UA depicts Buprenorphine is at appropriate levels, this might strengthen his claim.

Last edited by xenos; 10-09-2010 at 00:07.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:38
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsa View Post
can you please copy and paste? links go dead, so we try to store as much on the site as possible. lovely info. thanks!
Attached the pdf instead of copy/pasting as the article is absolutely huge, with embedded links to charts and tables etc. Hope it is helpful, any SWIMMER who is subject to urine testing should read it - lots of very good info that is clearly written
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MayoClinicProceedings.pdf (72.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-09-2010, 14:57
Silver Member

apparently swims new po is good to go with his explanation. Swim asked his doc and he said it happens all the time, and said as long as they sent it to the lab, it will be just fine!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for the followup.
Old 16-09-2010, 13:44
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from United States
dragon6102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Suboxone does not show up as a positive for opiates on a urine screen, SWIM has been on suboxone for years and is tested weekly and never shows up positive. I know this for a fact. SWIM's suboxone doctor has to order a specific bupernorphone test to detect it.
Old 16-09-2010, 14:13
Silver Member

^^^ thats not how it went for swim on 9-8-10 @ 2:30pm... it caused a false positive for oxycodone!
Old 17-09-2010, 23:59
Gold Member

Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10

Please keep in mind that urinalysis drug screen tests can be highly variable from one test to another and are not in anyway definitive like a confirmation test is.
Old 20-09-2010, 15:40
Silver Member

^^^exactly, thats why swims p.o. sent it off he's guessing. if these f-n things are so unreliable, why use them for anything besides coke and weed?!?!? hell, if it were left up to that shitty test, swim would be in prison for 6 yrs!!!

Share this on: