Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Tryptamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Tryptamines Tryptamines and indoles.

Old 18-10-2007, 05:04
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
5-MeO-DALT Experiences

Please add your experiences with 5-meo-dalt here. Please add dosage, route and duration to the top of your post like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXAMPLE
Dosage: 20 mg
Route: Orally
Duration: 3 hours
Info about this drug (other than experiences) should be discussed here:
What is 5-MEO-DALT
These documents about 5-meo-dalt are in the file archive

When posting a experience, please describe:
  • body weight & gender
  • dose taken
  • route of administration
  • Setting: in what environment it was taken.
  • duration of main effects
  • main effects
  • side effects
  • after effects
  • rating of the experience
  • addictive qualities / abuse potential

Given the scarcity of info on this product, here are some reports from other sources. It was around for quite a while though, so you would think there would be more. If anyone has anything to share, please do.

From Erowid :

Another Enjoyable Ride
5-MeO-DALT by Aire
DOSE : 40 mg oral 5-MeO-DALT (powder / crystals)
BODY WEIGHT : 174 lb
I feel as though I've really started to understand this still relatively unknown chemical quite a bit more the more I have experimented with it. I suppose this is only natural, however. I won't go into as much of a detailed report as I had last time, considering it's not my first journey into the psychoactive effects of a new material to myself. My last experience was such enjoyable and left me thinking there was much potential at a much higher dosage. The previous experiment also gave me the impression that this material would be very safe at much higher doses and that's how I decided to go with 40mg this time.
-- Consumption..
The substance is still rather sticky, dark in color, and continues to have the very strong chemical smell to itself. I prepare 40mg into a capsule and consume after having fasted for some 15 hours leading up to this point.
-- First 15 Minutes..
I remarked having my senses heightened at this point, though of course it was nothing short of subtle at this point. I had the feeling that this was going to be a much more intense experience than was of last time.
-- 45 Minute Mark..
I am definately 'coming up' as alot of people would say. It is very similar to that feeling of anticipation and awareness one would get with other such chemicals that tend to manifest themselves into peak effects rather quickly. I am in a very good mindstate and eagerly await what I feel will be a peak of the effects that should come on any minute now.
-- 55 Minute Mark..
Just as the fast onset, the peak effects came on just as quickly as I had anticipated and, as previously hypothesized would be the case, just as quickly as it did in my previous experiment and at the same time just as quickly as alot of other psychoactive chemicals someone like myself is used to. In my mind I feel filled with happiness and joy that is both remarkable and spectacular. My body has alot of energy and synergized with my mind thoroughly enjoys socializing with the people around me.
Not present in my previous experience but very prevalant this time are alot of tracers and things looking a little blurry much alike the visual effects I would get off MDMA. Things out of my immediate visual focus seem to have some minor movement to them though it isn't very noticeable or extreme. Music sounds nothing short of astounding as I found myself socializing and having a great time feeling in an extremely great, stimulated sped-up mood, and having lots of energy flowing throughout my body.
All of these effects would go on in full-effect for the next two and a half hours. At the time I felt like this would most likely go on for a good 4-5 hours as it had seemed to last time, though in retrospect I believe the last experience seeming to have went on for much longer may have just been myself over-analyzing the experience seeing as how this material is so new and relatively unknown. After the peak effects had been going on for 2 hours, they slowly faded away and I came back to baseline and to a sense of feeling very normal and sober at the 2.5 hour point after peak effects as mentioned above. There is a definite 'afterglow' feeling that persisted for a good number of hours afterward where not only did I feel normal but also felt in a very fine mood and still with more energy than normal.
-- Summary..
I stand by my previous claim in my first experience in saying that I feel that this substance will prove to have it's positive effects far outweigh it's negatives. Not only do I believe this because I believe the experience on 5-MeO-DALT is thoroughly enjoyable through-and-through but also because it really doesn't have any negative effects whatsoever. There is no 'hangover,' I haven't ever fealt any nausea, nor have I experienced any other side effect one might associate with alot of relatively unknown 'drugs' of the day.
I feel as though doses above 20mg are where this material really shines and where the doses ought to be. As more and more information about this still 'new' chemical is learned and documented, this may very well prove to be untrue, though I highly doubt that will be the case. I will definately look forward to additional experiences and expect them to be just as rewarding as my experiences with this material have been up to this point. This is definately the best 'new' substance I have consumed and experienced in years.
__________________________________________________ ______
Disturbing the Priest 5-MeO-DALT by Norin
Exp Year: 2004 ID: 35721 Gender: Male Added: Aug 7, 2004
DOSE : 225 mg oral 5-MeO-DALT (powder / crystals)
BODY WEIGHT : 185 lb
Sometimes we do things we shouldn't do... In a past life I was off the deep edge for a long time. But now, in my mid 30's I enjoy a good job, nice place to live (Florida), and a lot of solitude since I work from home. Theses facts became the catalyst to give in and try after having faded from the counter culture, I mean hey, I needed a break right? This a bit lengthy, but I wanted try to share at least part of this event. NEVER take the amount I am mentioning here of this substance. The only saving grace in any of this event is that I seem to get a kick out of being in dramatic situations. My brother says its an endorphin problem
I acquired 1000mg of 5-MeO-DALT after considerable research into these types of chemicals and a good contact. Only thing missing was a good write up. Which made me a bit nervous, but appeared to be the safer course to take when doing this sort of thing. Not having had any illicit chemicals in my system in years was the first mistake in a series of things that were just stupid on my part.
This was the weekend that hurricane Jeane hit Florida. Note the center of this storm passed within about 50-70 miles of me during all of this. Since I have not been in this location for very long, I had no concept of how severe a storm like this is, on land anyway... Having convinced myself this would be cool in a heavy storm I proceeded to measure out what I thought to be about 25mg on a balance scale (mistake #2). I wrapped it in tissue and washed it down quickly. It tasted pretty bad even for the brief moment I was on my tongue. I know, I know, I know... you are supposed to have a sitter... (mistake #3)
30 minutes
Significant notable effect comming through in the body.
40 Minutes
It was coming on faster, much faster than I had anticipated. Mildly reminicent of LSD beginning to hit without the unnerving feeling. Slight tracers were evident in darker areas of the house.
50 Minutes
Becoming unable to walk normally. It was taking a lot of effort to move around the house. I had to be careful about closing my eyes, this caused some fairly wild fractal like visuals. This became much more complicated as the hurricane had now knocked out electricity everywhere and a constant sweeping sound of wind rushing through the area... I was 'cold, and clammy' all over, my body getting heavy jolts of a pleasant but kinda undefinable good feeling. As the winds outside picked up (they were approximatly 60 to 80 miles an hour I later discovered) there was a certain 'bonding' with energy that was both intoxicating and fearful.
At this point I began to get a concerned and very aware I had taken a much more powerful substance than I was prepared for. I no longer had access to the internet to find more information and no one trustworthy to call. I was truely alone and sinking into the fire with a grin on my face.
I decided that I had to begin preparing myself and surroundings for god knows what. I attempted to loose my car keys, put away any sharp objects and so on. I went back to my scales briefly, and with candle light realized that the edge of a book cover was obstructing the scale. How I could spot this im not exactly sure, but I remember the moment of panic. The 'baggie' this stuff came in was of a familar size to me, I knew its base weight and how much 5-MeO-DALT was supposed to be left.. I managed to weight it somewhere about 225mg... about 10 times the amount I had seen mentioned in only a handful of commentaries about this substance.
The effects at this point betrayed the seriousness of the moment, I kept laughing outside and trying to keep my sanity on the inside. The body high was verging on the level of MDMA. It was was an insane idea to have done this alone, but there I was. I did know that you shouldn't fight a drug, but there was just something eerie about this that made me resist. I was constantly feeling that something big was going to happen.
60 minutes
I was fading in and out of what was going on. I was trying to make it to my bed, laptop in tow, with a ton of MP3's. The intent was to let the mp3's play and provide some form of input that was familiar. When I made it to my bed I was hallucinating so hard that I was overtaken by the imagery for what seemed like long periods of time. Getting my MP3's to play was a major undertaking, and proved to be the last functional thing I was capable of. My breathing was very heavy, I was sweating alot. Every time I thought it had reached a plateau and began to relax I was skyrocketed softly upward even more. Ozzy and the like do not mix well at all with this substance.
There was hardly any introspection or deep converging thoughts. In fact the most prominent thought on my mind was explicatives of how strong the trip had become, it was beginning to cause me some issues but without panic. In many ways it exceeded any of my past LSD experiences but without the dark overtones and what I term as 'satanic tripping'. My body felt so good, I felt a little guilty.
120 minutes
I was 'completely immersed' in fast cascading non-stop visions of fractal patterns. It was total overload. It was coming so fast, I couldn't identify any meaning (if there was any). All I could do was lay there and time my breathing with the music, which by the way was predominantly Pink Floyd. I have to say that it renewed my understanding of this band, but not in my head, in my body. I couldn't physically reach a few feet over to change the music.
In the background the trees outside were being blown over to about a 60 degree angle and sustained there for minutes on end. Large branches were getting broken off of them and carried along the way. The music, the storm, and the chemicals mixed very well in a psychotic sort of way. At some point beyond 120 minutes I gained enough mental footing to be 'ok' even if I was wiped off the face of the earth. When I accepted this the whole of the experience seemed to suddenly pause. The visuals died down, the music was permeating my entire body as was the sound of the wind.
180 minutes
I suddenly found myself having deep sinister LSD-like flashes. I cannot be certain that this was the research chemical or a full blown flashback from the ungodly amounts of LSD I used to take. I was for the first time during all of this terrified. My situation was very grave. I had no reference for the amount of this chemical I had taken, this was perhaps the most scary thing. My body was feeling like those moments before an orgasm, but my mind was in the fire. The visuals became incredibly focused. When I moved my arms the images stayed in place for up to 3 seconds. Time seems to almost stop. I could see through my arms to the bone and several times was able to get up from my bed and look down on myself laying there. However I could not bring my self to walk away from my body laying there although I could move around in the same room. I believe Shulgin calls this a '+++' on his scale.
Anyone who has had this type of disassociation on drugs such as LSD should be able to understand the degree of potential fear while in this state. Ketamine is not comparable as it does not have a force of power to contend with. As far as I know 5-MeO-DALT is not a dissasociate. Having been in this state before was the only reason I didn't completely loose it.
240 minutes
I was still going in and out of the dissasociative state. Each time accompanied by a voice telling me to 'let go'. I felt I was ultimately in a struggle for my life and that each mental step I took would become a lesson leading to the next, guided by something not from within. The most disturbing thing now was that I could find no reason to hold on, I was ready, as I lay face down with a grin ear to ear watching from 10 feet away. But for some reason I did not, I could not just let whatever it was, happen. There was more I had not discovered.
Over the next 30-45 minutes I was in a fight to 'hold on', ocasionally finding a brief state of bliss which I can not explain as it trancends language (Shulgin's ++++ ?), all the while in a disassociative state. There was no wild fractal patterns only a astral like state of being and my body lying face down on the bed with Pink Floyd's 'The Final Cut' album droning enticingly on in the background. It was all irrelevant, I had no ultimate answer, yet I found I also had no ultimate question and this seemed to be, in the end, the answer. There was a harmony in this resolution, even more that I had arrived at it from fighting myself.
Out of the blue I was stone cold sober, or close to it, getting up from my face down position on my bed. Most of my normal faculties seemed to be functioning. I could get up and move about, ever so slight tracers but I was clearly way down. In retrospect this drug was very merciful when compared against doing the same stupid thing with mescaline, peyote, LSD, DMT. The body was constanly in a peak feel good which I think saved me from moments when I was seeking to find out if I was ok. I sat on my steps on the front porch smoking a cigg and wathing the hurricane winds bend the trees for several hours after with a feeling that I had overcome one of the larger disasters in my life. In truth, I am amazed I can recall the details of all of this, there is much I left out. I would never do this drug again. The drama at the end is why largely why I don't do this sort of thing anymore. Reality splashing into your face just wears you into the ground over the years. Case in point almost.
P.S. After some sleep I slammed a 12oz pepsi first thing (normal for me) but when it hit my stomach it was like getting slugged in the stomach full force... I think this really injured the lining of my stomach, at least temporarily.
Exp Year: 2004 ID: 37775 Gender: Male Added: Oct 28, 2004
__________________________________________________ _________
A Worthy Methoxy 5-MeO-DALT by Aire
DOSE : 20 mg oral 5-MeO-DALT (powder / crystals)
BODY WEIGHT : 174 lb
(Intro) Well, there is a alot to say for this substance and not a whole lot that has been said about it. I've always been a curious person and when I was introduced to the world of psychoactive substances years ago I couldn't help but find myself searching out for new, unique substances on which to experiment with. I've only been at baseline for around an hour or so now and am still taking in what had all happened so please bare with me.
(Background Information) Let me give some background information about myself, for those interested. I am a 22 year-old (174 lb 6'2')college student who has has his fair share of psychoactive substances over the years. I have experienced the most widely used and abused drugs as well as the more unknown and/or 'new' substances such as this. It's not necessarilly something to be proud of, but I've experimentated with marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, amanita muscaria mushrooms, salvia divornum, cocaine, ether, nitrous, MDMA, MDA, alcohol, AMT, 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, LSD, a vast array of pharmaceuticals, and more recently 2C-I. The past few years of my life I haven't dosed much of anything at all with exception to a few 'research chemicals' mentioned above. This is mainly because I wish only to experiment with things new to myself; substances I haven't yet explored and that's only because my interest never ceases to intrigue me to do so.
Anyhow, the important thing here is the experience itself. 5-methoxy-N,N-diallytryptamine (5-MeO-DALT) brings alot to the table and it leaves the user eager to see how it'll play out in the coming months and years. The notes I take on new substances I always keep to myself and, whenever I type up a report of the experience I use the notes as a basis and to remember and recall the experience. With this substance, however, I chose to go ahead and include my notes as I feel they best describe the experience. However, these notes start at the peak effects and really trail off without a closer so I'll summarize the coming-up and ending stages as appropriate.
(T + 0)
I placed 20mg of 5-MeO-DALT into an empty capsule and consumed it. I had just woken up about 30 minutes ago and hadn't eaten for about 12 hours. The substance itself is very clumpy and really reminded me of 5-MeO-AMT. The color was that of brown sugar and had a very, very potent chemical scent to it.
(T + 1 Hour)
I had felt stimulated both mentally and physically and on the verge of the substance really taking hold for quite some time. I suppose having it in a capsule made it take a little bit longer to break down and become absorbed in my stomach.
(T + 1 Hour 15 Minutes - 1 Hour 30 Minutes)
During these fifteen minutes time slowed down quite a bit and I got a slight headache along with tension on the back of the neck that I usually get with psychedelics. It wasn't a real bother since I get headaches on a daily basis regardless. I had a little bit of those 'early morning munchies' so I ate a granola bar and it was quite delicious. I could definately feel the substance start to take hold, though it seemed as if it was leading to nowhere.
(T + 1 Hour, 45 Minutes - 4 Hours, 30 Minutes)
[NOTE: The following are raw, unedited notes of what had taken place over the next four hours or so.]
'The inexperienced becomes experienced very quickly...'
Starting to almost feel as if I was finally starting to come up as I watched the outcome of Martha Stewart's sentence on MSNBC, I decided I'd take my dog out to the backyard and sit down for a few minutes. I ended up spending some 10 minutes outside while it seemed like it hand't been nearly as long. I found myself staring into some of the many trees in awe of their natural beauty and it seemed as though I could see every single leaf moving quite a bit all at once in my whole field of vision. I saw some birds that would stand so still and silent that I was beginning to question if they were real or not. My dog had been laying in the grass the entire time and constantly sniffing out the air appearing to be enjoying himself. For some reason, everytime I looked at him constantly putting his nose to the air and taking in scents I couldn't help but break out in laughter.
I just came back from outside in my backyard and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself out there. Up until about 30 or so minutes ago, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever feel any strong effects from this substance at all, but right now I'm really feeling confident in it and definately at a peak. I feel wonderful right now while I indulge in a granola bar listening to Paul Oakenfold's Perfecto remixes as of late. My body is filled with energy that's pulsating to the music's beat, not unlike the effects of using some popular stimulants of the day. The ceiling fan's breeze feels as if it's a wind at some 60 mph and I thoroughly enjoy every second of it's effect.
For some reason my hunger remains, so I've just prepared some food I'm now letting cool. I feel really light on my feet and full of joy at the moment as I have for awhile now. My body still has alot of energy and I feel quite a bit of tension in my jaws that's making them want to clench, alot like MDMA.
No matter how much food I eat I keep finding myself hungry. This is very bizarre for a 'psychedelic' I know, but I just can't stop thinking about it. As I walk around the house, I feel as if I'm floating from place to place. At the same time, as another person pointed out, I do 'feel as if I'm 10 feet tall' in a way. Music is still sounding extraordinarilly nice and reminds me of just how nice music can be on psychoactives. Although there really isn't much to speak of in terms of visuals at all, I do get the kind of 'metallic' taste in my mouth that one can experience with acid and other psychedelics.
It's really hard to believe when I stop and think that I've only been feeling these peak effects for about 1.5 hours. My pupils are still heavily dialated yet visual activity remians virtually non-existant. Even leading up to the peak effects, and still to this point, my left nostril seems to be running non-stop. It's not unpleasant but just very odd, especially considering I haven't had a runny nose in some six months. I'm still feeling very nice and mentally entertained. I just spent the better part of the last 15 minutes out in the back yard again (though it literally seemed like an hour) admiring how cloudy it had become and hoping it would start raining. Birds were still flying about, to and from the feeders, with alot of beauty. I kept myself entertained with a huge canister of neon-blue colored silly putty I had purchased a few months back. It's literally more than two hands full and it was pretty amazing and fun to play with it while I was outside. Having been back inside again for the last few minutes typing this up, I can't help but feel hungry again. Very odd yet pleasant at the same time. I have come to a cunclusion that anything you'd normally find funny while in a normal, sober state of mind you'll find exceptionally funny on this substance at times. This, obviously, isn't a unique characteristic as many psychedelics tend to induce laughter. [End of notes taken during the experience]
(Summary)
The experience was very pleasant and enjoyable. I definately think it will become accepted as one of those chemicals that has the positives outweighing it's negatives. I had no neausea throughout the entire experience nor any other side effects. The effects remained strong throughout the experience and went away very gently leaving me in a good mood and back at baseline where I've now been for about an hour and a half. The best way to sum up the peak effects within those 3-4 hours was feeling 'floaty' (especially when moving), in a very good mood with music sounding great with a constant energy flowing throughout the body. This chemical will make you want to get up and dance and even become quite sociable at times. The hunger aspect is very strange indeed, and it makes me wonder if the same will happen upon future experiments with it. I really, really do consider it more of a stimulant than a psychedelic though it really is a good mix of both. To my mind I very much felt like I was on a psychedelic (though rather clear-minded) but to my body I was very much stimulated. I'm sure as the day comes to an end and I goto sleep tonight I will have more to add later, but for now I hope all those interested in this chemical retain their interest and enjoyed reading this rambling-filled report.
Exp Year: 2004 ID: 35199 Gender: Male Added: Jul 17, 2004
__________________________________________________ _________________
Even Better Than Before 5-MeO-DALT & Cannabis by Aire
DOSE : T+ 0:00 50 mg oral 5-MeO-DALT (powder / crystals)
T+ 2:00 2 hits smoked Cannabis (plant material)
BODY WEIGHT : 175 lb
This was my third experience with this substance and by far and wide the best yet. A friend and I each took 50mg of 5-MeO-DALT and awaited its very pleasant effects. My friend had never tried this material before but is very experienced with conventional and 'research' psychactive substances as am I.
About thirty minutes after ingestion in capsule form that I had prepared, we both remarked feeling much more of an 'awareness' of our surroundings and how we we're definately coming up to this wonderful substance's peak.
Fourty-five minutes after ingestion and I am definately at a peak where just as in past experiences my body is filled with pleasant waves of pleasure and my mind is in a very 'psychedelic' state. Over the next 30 minutes it would become even more intense and with every new minute my friend and I both remarked at enjoying the experience even more and more as the peak kept getting higher.
The height of the peak brought about a very psychedelic mindframe/mindstate all the meanwhile coexisting with strong feelings of pleasure and joy. Conversation flowed easilly and we both remarked alot of visual activity.
We were both getting lots of distortions at things we were focused in on as well as other things still in our field of vision, though our eyes were not focused onto them directly. Along with the very obvious and ever-changing constant distortions we were both experiencing an effect where anything off and into the right or left of our field of vision was having its color or the color/light coming off of it fading in and out (some call it a 'breathing' effect) and even changing. To add to all of this visual activity, we both also experienced a whole lot of 'tracers' at anything and everything we looked at. Everything was moving in slow motion and our eyesight seemed to be running at a low frame-rate.
It was hard to keep a smile off our faces and we laughed uncotrollably at anything even remotely funny and/or comical. The peak is definately one that initially comes on quick but seems to have different stages or maybe it was just this higher dosage since it just kept getting stronger and stronger and we loved every minute of it. These peak effects sadly only lasted about 3 hours though every minute was thoroughly enjoyed.
Closing in on the 2 hour peak point my friend and I each had two pretty large 'hits' of some good-grade marijuana. This is the first time this substance has been documented to my knowledge (5-MeO-DALT) in combination with marijuana. Just as smoking marijuana will do to my experience on say 'MDMA' it was very much the same for 5-MeO-DALT. It took the peak to an even higher level and made the last hour of the effects at least 50% more pronounced than they were before (and believe me, they were already VERY pronounced to that point).
All in all my friend and I both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Just as previous experiments with 5-MeO-DALT, I experienced no 'hangover' whatsoever. Just a very mild headache (probably from the marijuana) and other than that we were both totally back at feeling 100% normal/sober or aka being back to 'baseline.'
Even had we not smoked any marijuana at all, I still believe that this was the best experience on this material I had had. I can say this because I was already at that point before having smoked it in the first place. The previous two experiences were very pleasant and all-around thoroughly enjoyable though this was definately even better. I do believe that smoking marijuana while on this substance does make it even 'that' much more enjoyable, however, so if you smoke marijuana I suppose you could say that's good news for you. At any rate - no regrets; had a blast of a time; this substance impresses me more and more with every experience.
To anyone reading, be safe! Although I believe this substance to be very much enjoyable it shouldn't be abused and should be approached with extreme caution as it really is the epitome of what a 'research chemical' is (with it still being relatively 'brand new' and such).
Exp Year: 2004 ID: 37456 Gender: Male Added: Oct 18, 2004
__________________________________________________ ______________
Underwhelmed 5-MeO-DALT by Yaku_Kusuri
DOSE : 10 mg oral 5-MeO-DALT (powder / crystals)
30 mg oral 5-MeO-DALT (powder / crystals)
2 tsp oral GHB (powder / crystals)
10mg 5-MEO-DALT -
Taken sublingually - interestingly enough this is the only phenethylamine or tryptamine whose taste is tolerable. Its like MDMA but less bitter and way less strong.
Went for a walk to a cafe then came home, watched a Yo Yo Ma DVD then went to bed with my girlfriend who was already sleeping.
I felt a slight buzz in the chest, slightly like MDMA but not necessarily pleasant, totally missing the silkiness of MDMA. Watching the movie was a bit harder, and I had no enhanced appreciation of music which is one of the most amazing effects of phenethylamines and tryptamines for me.
I felt a slight increase in sexual energy but not really libido. My girlfriend was already asleep so I didn't investigate further.,
Total time 3 hours
30mg 5-MEO-DALT
Taken with 2 teaspoons of G ( less than 2 grams ). Felt a very faint trippiness. Found it harder to follow conversations in sort of a tweaked way, not in a surreal way. I had energy to dance but it was a bit rigid, not the wonderful melting into the music of MDMA. For a few seconds, 10 maybe, I thought peoples faces were changing in a trippy way but then everything was normal.
Went home and definitely felt like appreciating my girlfriend but though it seemed to increase my interest in closeness, it didn't increase my libido, but didn't impeded it either.
Total time 4 hours
The effects seem so subtle, I'm almost wondering if 5-MEO-DALT is a joke from Shulgin that maybe it doesn't do anything. On the other hand my girlfriend said I was acting different. I'd say it does a bit of everything (except music appreciation) but doesn't do any of them in an interesting way - I felt a bit amped, a bit trippy thoughts, a bit of CEVs, more appreciation of color, a desire to be closer to others, but none of it jelled or was pleasant. It does seem to be like a good beginners substance because it gives a hint but is totally underwhelming. On the other hand it might make substances seem too safe and easy.
Exp Year: 2004 ID: 39672 Gender: Male Added: Jan 12, 2005
__________________________________________________ __________

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Post Quality Evaluations:
awesome, makes swim want to try some!
Good reports on this substance
thorough, detailed multiple reports - thanks for adding all this info
Big blocks of text make it hard to read

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 21-02-2010 at 03:17.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

35 y/o Male from Earth
Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
5-MeO-DALT trip report...

weight: 64 kg / 128 pounds
Dose: 20mg (powder)
Oral: (gel cap)
Background: Apartment party (Approximately 30 persons)

The Devil took this substance several times before, in different occasions and this one was the most striking. We are around thirty in the party, some take the same thing as The Devil, four guys and girls to be precise, the others were on MDMA. Doses were shared and put in gel capsules. We consumed only some beer, no strong alcohols. Pals installed a professional sound system with decks and big baffles. The music was some electro clash, with bands like Sexy Sushi, Kap Bambino, Adult., some Detroit techno etc…

The effects begin at the end of the first 45 minutes. Some tensions in the nape of the neck, some light pains at the level of temples and a small pressure in the head, but nothing very unpleasant.

As expected, the effects were rather fast and the rise was more and more present. At the end of 1h/1h30, the serious things begin. Some palpitations in the body and especially a pleasant wave invades The Devil's body. The Devil feel invaded by good feelings, the music is very pleasant, at this moment, The Devil is on the decks and the sound is setted without any trouble. The Devil appreciate all the sounds which he plays, The Dark Lord observe people who dance and discuss, and notice many sort of details which make him laugh. The communication is rather easy, the discussion makes a commitment around the aspects of the music, a very constructive discussion.

At the end of 2h/2h30, a Devil’s friend and his girlfriend, run to make love in the bed room. They tell us that the sensations were strong and that they felt in a perfect symbiosis.

There was no particular visual effects, as under certain psychedelics, the plateau offered an outfit of pleasant sensations close to MDMA. The Devil cannot refrain from comparing these sensations with entactogens as MDMA. This substance maybe interesting to stay at home with some friends or to go in the club.

At the end of 4h/4h30, the effects fade gradually, they are less and less present and there's any anxiety or stress. Even if this molecule acts on the serotoninergic system, there is any comedown like with MDMA with a depressive phase. Only some jaw tensings, neck muscles tensions, nothing more.
The good side of the 5-MeO-DALT, is that’s easy to manage. The effects are very fast for a psychedelic drug, and have a limited duration, not over 5 hours, and that's a positive point when some want to have a light trip.

Usually, The Devil don't like that friends take different drugs than he does, but in this case, it was pleasant. There was no conflict between those who rolled with MDMA and those under 5-MeO-DALT.

The visual effects were not really present, in any case not rather strong as The Dark Lord hoped, in comparison with some psychedelic as LSD, Br-Dragonfly or even some 2C-x. The Devil have no memory been surprised by the visual effects, either with closed eyes. It's maybe a question of dosage, or of background. But the music was really extraordinary, The Dark Lord was transported by sounds, like on some kind of electric waves. Only for that reason, 5-MeO-DALT is a very interesting molecule.

Dr. Satan

Great report. well written
Thanks for posting this up; excellent report on a lesser-known compound
Good detail, timeline and descriptions
Great report, sounds like fun, thanks!
Nice report, thank you.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:41
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: 5-MeO-DALT trip report...

A very good report on a fantastic, subtle ally. Ed has found in the past that 5-MeO-DALT can really sparkle in the right circumstances, and is glad to have a good bit tucked away for a rainy day. I would expect a comfortable session with friends who on MDMA to be a good setting. Visuals have not been reported with oral doses of this drug, and doses at 20mg plus have been reported as overly stimulating by some. Be cautious if pushing doses higher as this drug is seemingly gentle but comes from a family of drugs (5-methoxy-tryptamines) with generally nasty side effects.

If I remember correctly, Ed has tried 12 and 20 mg and not noticed a big difference in effects on the particular occasions, but that was some time ago.

Last edited by radiometer; 11-11-2009 at 11:48.
Old 15-03-2010, 08:33

Male
jollyroger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

male 180lbs when swim first took it was only 30mg felt nothing (orally) then smoked 25mgs over a couple of bowls, and this was by far 100 times better than injesting. Tryed again orally with 50mgs and felt a mild body buzz and took awhile to come on, but felt it more after eating. gonna try 75 and report back

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 15-03-2010 at 16:50.
Old 08-05-2010, 15:21
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
teagy is a decent psychonaut.teagy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 171, Level: 2 Points: 171, Level: 2 Points: 171, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

weight 95 kg
dose 100mg over 5 hrs
smoked 10mg lines off the foil

firstly swim insulfated a 50mg line the result was zilch dissapointed swim as read many good things about
this compound he was sure it had more to offer
so swim dropped around 10mg on the foil swim smoked till
he could not inhale anymore
it went something like omfg what a mental euphoric rush
full body buzz toe to head very mdma like empathy
was nice very nice it was short lived so swim repeated the xp
for about 100mg swim had no visuals but it certainly was not
a let down swim likes 5-meo-dalt but its all in the moa
in his opinion .sleep was easy and no come down apart
from a slight head ache pure qaulity

Thanks for the trip report. Please provide more details on the effects
Start of a good trip report, look aback on other trip report to see how to format it properly and expand on trip deatils
Short, concise
Old 18-05-2010, 21:52
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

as requested 5 swimmers indulged in 5-meo -dalt smoked it off the foil some agreed it was a nice postive buzz which lasted around 15 min
swim found it very euphoric ,slighty trippy and empathy too in swims opinon this is very hit and miss substance some swimmers found 5-meo-dalt
totaly inactive very wierd but true

Last edited by teagy; 21-05-2010 at 21:39.
Old 19-05-2010, 20:02
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Re: 5-meo-DALT experiences

Is your goal to get this compound scheduled?
Old 19-05-2010, 20:43
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,499, Level: 41 Points: 82,499, Level: 41 Points: 82,499, Level: 41
Activity: 48.6% Activity: 48.6% Activity: 48.6%

When posting a experience, please describe:
  • Setting: in what environment it was taken.
  • duration of main effects
  • main effects
  • side effects
  • after effects
  • rating of the experience
  • addictive qualities / abuse potential
Old 21-05-2010, 21:44
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiometer View Post
Is your goal to get this compound scheduled?
good point enough said

Last edited by teagy; 21-05-2010 at 21:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-05-2010, 05:24
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way up
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7

I think anyone comparing 5-meo-dalt to mdma is ridiculous. It is not empathogenic for any of the test subjects and Ive read of many close hand reports. People saying these things are just setting up alot of subjects to be very disappointed if they try 5-meo-dalt. Test subjects say its a mellow tryptamine buzz with little or no visuals. Similiar to 4-meo-mipt.
Old 28-05-2010, 21:38
Banned

31 y/o Male
barafundle is learning how to become a psychonaut.

In response to Snappers Trip Report:
i think SWIM should remember thought with phsychadelics the setting can make or break a trip.Once SWIM had an arguement with his ex and dropped an acid tab while she didnt-only time SWIM had fun was going to the toilet and laughing at the wallpaper.But yet,that EXACTLY same acid,when SWIM and his ex and some mates took it,it was one of the best trips ever.Maybe thats why SWIY wasnt too impressed with 5 MEO-Dalt?

No need to quote so much of a previous post. Just takes up space.

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 02-06-2010 at 14:50. Reason: rqpp
Old 30-05-2010, 01:23
Banned

31 y/o Male

from sorry that was SWIMs own report while on the substance,tonight he will give a clearer retrospective.
Barafundle

barafundle added 33 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Male
10st

This Was SWIMs first time with this substance which was why he felt compelled to give an account while on it and the next day not.SWIM was blown away,he says he has had much worse acid and considering the little amounts needed its good value.Ok it doesnt last all night,but if SWIY,once came down,did another dose then thats a night tripping
30mg taken with juice
T+0-nothing
T+30-feels slight tingling in back and maybe tracers,not so sure.
T+1hr-DEFINATLY something now,trailers everywhere,lights much brighter,music greater than usual,can type but finds how the fingers "float" from key to key fascinating.
T+2hr-Takes the hamster out and feels SUCH empathy and connection with it he starts to wonder how much like a VERY trippy E this is.He puts the hamster down hs top and thinks it feels woderful-hamster has fun as well looking for opening to get out as SWIM left just one way out lol
T+ 2hr30min-SWIM looks at pupils and they look like saucers,which he is so unused to as he is on a methadone programme (95ml per day) and used to "pinned" eyes.
T+3hr30min-everything described,including "pulsing walls" continued till now.things tapered off but still a body feeling like tingles
T+4hrs-4hrs30min-came down now and decides to try inject a VERY small dose,around 5mg.
T+4hrs 40min-injection prepared,about to inject
T+4hrs43min-Why? is all SWIM can think.He is COMPLETELY overwhelmed,how he didnt lose it SWIM doesnt know but it was more intense than a huge bong of salvia.
T+5hrs-Thankfully SWIMS injection dose seems to have worn off with no after glow or anything,just baseline.

Conclusion:
SWIM thinks this is better than acid in lots of ways and similar too,most similar he has taken (mushrooms,acid,salvia) but with slight differences (which could have been as he was alone.No giggles like acid,which was a shame but maybe if SWIM did this with mates then he may find it different.)
Much more empathy than Acid,very close to him to a good E he felt.He could have held that hamster and professed his undieing loyalty to the end he thinks lol.
Doseages NEED to be watched as this can be totally overwhelming even if not injected.
Injecting SWIM thinks is a BIG no with this,its faaaaaar too intense.Thats why he thinks if a SWIMMER took too much any other way it would still be overwhelming,just not so quickly.
But treated proper SWIM would choose this over any other Phsychadellic he has so far tried,just shame about the giggles,but once SWIM takes with friends then that might change-either that or a huge hug in!!!
Barafundle
P.S. here is my origonal unedited version while SWIM was on the substance for comparison

Im sorry for this report for not being like it should be but i swear tommorrow ill put up a proper report.
Today SWIM tried 5 MEO-Dalt for the first time,and is just starting to come up properly he says-so sorry for any confusions.
SWIM will try to explain how it is for him right now anyway so its unedited.
Ok....lol SWIM is seeing lots of trailers and typing seems easy but so much fun watching my fingers float from key to key.Unfrtunatly SWIM cant say till tommorrow how much exactly has been taken,but seems enough to feel good but much more would freak him he says.
Music is wonderful.
Laptop starting to "melt" like when SWIM took acid now-so he says he would MUCH rather take this than acid any day.
ok ive translated enough gibberish for SWIM for tomight-sane tommorrow lol

Last edited by barafundle; 30-05-2010 at 01:23. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-05-2010, 03:07
bananadine addict

Male from United States

I'm getting a funny feeling that someone(s) is selling something other than 5-MeO-DALT under that name.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:48
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Equal Observer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
I'm getting a funny feeling that someone(s) is selling something other than 5-MeO-DALT under that name.
Why does SWIY think this? SWIM is planning to order some 5-meo-DALT today. What subjective effects mentioned above does SWIY find unusual?
Old 01-06-2010, 19:57
bananadine addict

Male from United States

I have several reasons for suspecting that something is fishy in Denmark, but the most important one is that 5-MeO-DALT, in oral doses, simply does not produce the effects people are reporting.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:39
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Equal Observer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Al the reports I have read online seem fairly consistent with one another. Could you be more specific? Swim feels as if he is missing something and wants to be made aware so that when it comes time to do his report he may do so accurately with more background information.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:14
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

SWIM has old 5meoDALT that is tan and active. SWIM recently compared the effects of that batch with a new, white powder batch and found the latter to be weaker but with the same qualitative effects. SWIM thinks 5meoDALT is weak in general and also has a ceiling to it's effects unless a large dose is ingested all at once. SWIM also thinks the older powder SWIM has is a freebase while the newer powder is a salt hence the difference in dose. SWIM feels like this tryptamine is a tease just like 2CC only even more so. It needs to be taken at face value.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:16
bananadine addict

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
SWIM has old 5meoDALT that is tan and active. SWIM recently compared the effects of that batch with a new, white powder batch and found the latter to be weaker but with the same qualitative effects. SWIM thinks 5meoDALT is weak in general and also has a ceiling to it's effects unless a large dose is ingested all at once. SWIM also thinks the older powder SWIM has is a freebase while the newer powder is a salt hence the difference in dose. SWIM feels like this tryptamine is a tease just like 2CC only even more so. It needs to be taken at face value.
Thanks for that, snapper. That's much more in line with what I would expect to hear. FWIW, Ed has old samples both tan and white, from different sources, but both from the mid-2000's, form unknown (well, one sample is marked, but Ed doesn't feel like going to the storage vault to check). Not enough assays have been done to determine any notable differences in their potency.

But don't you feel that the more recent reports reflect an experience far different - more intense, more halucinatory, etc., etc.? I'd been starting to think that perhaps these people were taking a different drug entirely. That ceiling to which you refer has been pretty consistently noted in reports.
Old 02-06-2010, 18:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Suriname
US_BLUES is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1

Agreed the report by Barafundle does not seem to be 5-Meo-Dalt. 30mg orally would not produce these effects. All previous reports cite little to no visual effects. Later in the same report SWIY states:

Quote:
T+4hrs-4hrs30min-came down now and decides to try inject a VERY small dose,around 5mg.
T+4hrs 40min-injection prepared,about to inject
T+4hrs43min-Why? is all SWIM can think.He is COMPLETELY overwhelmed,how he didnt lose it SWIM doesnt know but it was more intense than a huge bong of salvia.
T+5hrs-Thankfully SWIMS injection dose seems to have worn off with no after glow or anything,just baseline.
SWIM has seen no reports on the strength of injected 5-Meo-Dalt, but feels the substance tested orally was NOT 5-Meo-Dalt. Possibly language gap issues, or mistaken substance.

30mg for SWIM was a nice effect, light and barely felt smile on SWIM's face for about 4 hours. General calmness, and standard tryptamine runny nose (maybe this just happens to SWIM). Kept waiting for the rush of tryptamine comeon but never got there. Subsequent tests increased dosage still never experienced the visuals in the post above.

SWIM's 2 cents...
Old 03-06-2010, 03:16
Banned

31 y/o Male

Quote:
I have several reasons for suspecting that something is fishy in Denmark, but the most important one is that 5-MeO-DALT, in oral doses, simply does not produce the effects people are reporting.
To be fair SWIMS doses could have been off and higher doses taken as he didnt know how much was in the free capsual he got-5 MEO and Naphyrone mixed (which he stupidly forgot to mention) so as well as that SWIM had taken what he now thinks was actually more than 30mg of 5 MEO-by the time he was weighing it the pill had kicked in and so his scales could have been off or anything,but SWIM is sure,apart from the capsual,he took no more than 50-70mg.SWIM feels silly for not doing things proper like he usually does but could this be the reason for why some SWIMMERS think it may not be 5 MEO-Dalt?
Could larger amounts have caused the feelings described or is there still some question over whether this is 5 MEO-Dalt?
Old 03-06-2010, 03:35
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by barafundle View Post
Could larger amounts have caused the feelings described or is there still some question over whether this is 5 MEO-Dalt?
unlikely. This is a weird substance and most of the aardvarks labrat friends found it rather a failure of a tryptamine. (this was many years ago and was most certainly pure 5-meo-dalt from a local sorcerers apprentice/chemist) Definetly had a reputation for reaching diminishing returns around 25-30 mg if memory serves, and just added an indescribable weird feeling to it. The main things he says he remembers of it were some stimulation, some relatively mild and unimpressive closed eye visuals, and a little warmth. In many ways more on par with how MDA'i and some of the others are described and certainly not an interesting tryptamine. A curiousity- glad to have tried it but will never miss it...
Old 10-06-2010, 22:23

27 y/o Male from United States
ef87 should review received reputation comments.

SWIMs 5-meo-DALT turns into a yellowish liquid almost immediately after heat is applied on the foil. Does others do this?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:37
Gold Member

Male from United States
Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.
Points: 2,258, Level: 7 Points: 2,258, Level: 7 Points: 2,258, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef87 View Post
SWIMs 5-meo-DALT turns into a yellowish liquid almost immediately after heat is applied on the foil. Does others do this?
My rhinograde's melted into a clear puddle, then gradually turned yellow, then brown. A failure of an experience, BTW, all adrenergic side-effects, no desirable effects.
Old 16-06-2010, 11:38
Silver Member

48 y/o Male from United States
stevein7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

Oral 20mg did next to nothing.

Vaped it did more.
smoked it was very intense for about 10 mnutes settling into a mild euphoria with odd spaced out feeling (wouldn't want to do anything intellectual on it) for a good few hours afterwards. Hunger and eating ensued.
Old 17-06-2010, 11:43
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Tamis really adds to the discussion.Tamis really adds to the discussion.Tamis really adds to the discussion.Tamis really adds to the discussion.Tamis really adds to the discussion.Tamis really adds to the discussion.
Points: 926, Level: 4 Points: 926, Level: 4 Points: 926, Level: 4
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevein7 View Post
smoked it was very intense for about 10 mnutes settling into a mild euphoria with odd spaced out feeling (wouldn't want to do anything intellectual on it) for a good few hours afterwards. Hunger and eating ensued.
Interesting !

Did swiy enjoy their time on this molecule ?

It seems quite a bit of research is needed on this chemical.

Share this on:

Tags
5-meo-dalt, 5-meo-dalt experiences, psychedelic research chemicals, psychedelic tryptamines, research chemicals, smoking 5-meo-dalt, tryptamines, vaporising 5-meo-dalt, vaporizing 5-meo-dalt