Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > LSA seeds
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

LSA seeds LSA containing seeds like Morning Glory, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Rivea corymbosa

Old 07-10-2007, 07:36

29 y/o Male
Bilbato is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Syrian Rue + Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

So, I've been talking with my friend Swim, who has been doing a fair bit of research on different psychoactives. And recently, I have learned he has begun a non-polara/polar extraction of HBW. Now, in his readings, he has been very interested in Syrian Rue and the Harmine/Harmaline alkaloids contained there-in and their MAOI properties.

So Swim was thinking of trying some of his extract with some of the syrian rue. Now, if he were to do so, would the MAOI nature of the rue make it such that not as much of the extract was needed? Would there be any other possible interactions that Swim should be looking for if he does try this? Is there any possibility of something bad happening, alla serotonin syndrom?
Old 08-10-2007, 16:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5
Re: Syrian Rue + HBW

lsa=depressant
harmala= imao

imao+depressant= very dangerous mix (->respiratory depression, coma and death by suffocation)

active dose of each plant:
3g harmala seeds= effective mao inhibition
1-3 hbwr seeds= real psychedelic effect along with some CNS depression

One thing for sure: do not EVER mix hbwr EXTRACT with harmala!!!

If one really wanna try such a dangerous combination, I think one should start with no more than 1g harmala seeds along with 1 single hbwr seed (not extract)!
But maybe 1g harmala and 1hbwr is already causing big physical troubles (I never tried so I cannot say), therefore my best advice would be not to ever attempt such a mix!

Last edited by genaro; 08-10-2007 at 16:33.
Old 08-10-2007, 20:52

29 y/o Male
Bilbato is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Hmm, thanks. From the information I have read of others who have combined the two, the results seem to be pretty good. But either way, I will let Swim know.

But, from talking with Swim, LSA isn't a depressent. Certainly it can cause a slowed breathing, but that is one of the varied effects of it. But from talking with Swim, he has been thinking that if he does decide to try this, his first time will be a standard 3 gram dose of the rue, with taking just small amounts of the extract until he begins to feel the effects.
Old 09-10-2007, 22:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5

LSA is a depressant.
It is classified as a depressant (see erowid for comfirmation, or check some pharmacology book).
The merk index (bible of chemicals) describe it as a depressant.
In Tihkal, shulgin (that is not a chemistry/pharmacology ignorant) also outline that it is a depressant.
A substance that can causes deep enough respiratory slowing so one almost cannot breath any more and friends think he's gonna die from suffocation(see reports in this forum) cannot be anything but an active depressant.

In other words: beside hallucinogenic properties, lsa containing seeds also have pronounced depressant properties (along with some vasoconstrictive properties due to the presence of significant quantities of ergometrine in the seeds)

So, there's no doubt about it: LSA does cause CNS (central nervous depression), which is what is called a depressant!
(direct consequence if excessive dose or combining with depressants/imao beeing dangerously pronounced respiratory depression, because CNS is what controls your diaphragm and diaphragm is what makes your lungs breath)

...no matter what a guy from the internet (that has possibly absolutely no knowledge about pharmacology) might have told you
(anyway, the lesson is: don't rely ONLY on what people say, always make your own researches through pharamacology books or investigating serious scientific websites and drug prevention websites that are known to be reliable...erowid beeing a good starting point)

So...If I were you I would start very low (starting dose 1g harmala+1hbwr seed), then, if not satified I would work up the dosage of each plant quite progessively...and I would never exceed 3g harmala+3hbwr seeds (which is quite possibly already too much)
....and I mean seeds, not extract!!! (as extract is dangerously concentrated, therefore uneasy to dose accurately, possibly leading to excessive dose beeing taken by mistake, which would QUITE possibly be fatal if associated to IMAOs)

And for sake, if you attempt such a mix, do not drink a single drop of alcohol (not even a single light beer)!!!
(and of course don't mix with any other depressant substances such as downers, opiates, sedatives, tranquilizers, anti-anxiety stuff, sleep aids...or anything that could make you sleepy/drowsy)

ps: I almost died from mixing high dose of seed extract along with one small glass of whisky and a few puff of ether (both alcohol and ether beeing depressants). That's how I learnt not to be too reckless with drugs (don't take drug physical concerns lightly)...and keep in mind that death from legal friendly looking plants do happen.
Hope you got the point.

Last edited by genaro; 09-10-2007 at 23:24.

Share this on:

Tags
baby woodrose, harmala, hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, lsa, maoi, syrian rue, woodrose