Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 28-12-2003, 17:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Tekk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
The Dangers of Coricidin Cough and Cold (DXM)

Coricidin contains 30mg of Dextromethorphan HBr and4mg Chlorpheniramine Meleate. Recreational use of this product should be avoided.

High doses ofChlorphenniramine Meleatecan cause severe and life-threatening symptoms including seizures, loss of consciousness, bleeding from skin, mouth, rectum, and vagina, and possibly death. Some brands, including Coricidin Cough and Cold contain Chlorpheniramine maleate.

I hope this will educate anybody who is not aware of the dangers of abusing Coricidin.

Last edited by Paracelsus; 11-10-2007 at 10:50. Reason: cleanup
Old 29-01-2004, 06:48

2pacc is an unknown quantity at this point
An anonymous letter I just found in my mailbox:

Quote:
I have only tried Coricidon Cough and Cold about 5 times and I have been beyond messed up each time. The only thing i dont like is the effect it gives me the next three days afterwards.It makes me see wavy lines in the air and sometimes I see shadow people. My friend said i should do robotussin cough and cold because it doesnt have as much extra shit in it like coricidon. Does anyone recommend Robo or Coricidon or any other over the counter cold meds. I really like coricidon but if it has long term affects or is dangerous ill swith to something more safer. Could anyone list the types of robotussins or pillsto buy that are the safest and available in the US. And please also list what to stay away from.

Last edited by Paracelsus; 11-10-2007 at 10:51. Reason: cleanup
Old 01-02-2004, 05:54

beenthroughit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
In my rabbit's experiences the way to go is 99.9% pure powder dxm, its better in so many ways, heres a few:

No risks like seizures from cordicidin
More open feeling (as opposed to the boxed in effect sometimes associated with robotripping)
The rabbit personally always woke up the next day feeling like a million bucks, enlightened and full of energy
One can fit twice as much dxm as dex into a DexAlone sized empty pill
Overall the trip is cleaner, but I must advise against making one's own pills without a scale that can measure grams to .05 or a scale that can do milligrams.
If one can't get any powder there are some sites on the web about exracting it from robo, which one of my friends did very sucessfully

Last edited by Paracelsus; 11-10-2007 at 10:52. Reason: cleanup
Old 02-02-2004, 07:58

2pacc is an unknown quantity at this point
A second letter, apparently from the same anonymous dood:

Quote:
I took 16 coricidons last night and i wasnt feeling shit for like an hour and got pissed off and started smokin dro, and after 2 bowls it kicked in and all of a sudden I felt like i was in a black hole and I was spinning around in circles.the next thing i knew i was waking up with my face in the trash can. apparenlty I blacked out for 30 seconds said my friend. I was so confused that i kept vomiting for about a minute but after wards it was a good buzz but never again will i do coricidon. My otherfriend was on 35 robotussin pills (525Mg) and was f**ked up more than me and he didnt puke till later and he never blacked out. There is some other drug in coricidon that can kill you in high doses and its no joke! it made me black out! Stick to robo pills or syrup.

Last edited by Paracelsus; 11-10-2007 at 10:53. Reason: cleanup
Old 02-02-2004, 08:38
Banned

Male from United States
BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.
Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
2pacc's anonymous pen friend:

If you had done a search here ( at the top of the page 2 from the right, you'll see a search button)on Coricidin, you would have read that about it. This is not a flame, it's a fact! Good to see you're ok !

Please everyone, research or ask about a drug you've never taken, but remember everyone is different, no one can tell how it's going to react on you!

Last edited by Paracelsus; 11-10-2007 at 10:56. Reason: cleanup
Old 04-02-2004, 03:45

beenthroughit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
I don't know about Robo DM, but any syrups or pills with active ingredients other than Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide or Dextromethorphan Polistirex are not safe. Some mixtures I know of that are unsafe are DXM and Chlorpheniramine Maleate and DXM and Pseudoephedrine

Last edited by Paracelsus; 11-10-2007 at 10:57. Reason: cleanup
Old 17-02-2004, 06:02

ChokingxVictim is an unknown quantity at this point
The dose of cpm doesnt even have to be very high, 8 ccc pills have been known to kill, be very care with that shit, there are other ways to trip off dxm. there is a extraction methed to get pure dxm from CCC, it gets out the deadly cpm.

Dexalone is a much better pill to take, it is pure dxm at 30mg per pill.

Last edited by Paracelsus; 11-10-2007 at 10:49. Reason: cleanup
Old 16-06-2004, 07:54

Hydrocodone is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Dont mess with CCC's, in an ignorant attempt to get high before SWIM was uniformed about the consequences of taking them he took 16 of them. He sat there for hours, thinking he was going to keel over, not fun..

Last edited by Paracelsus; 11-10-2007 at 11:01. Reason: cleanup
Old 16-06-2004, 13:24

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
CCC's are definately dangerous. If you are going to use DXM look at the ingrediants first to make sure its pure DXM, or if your lucky enough, get pure DXM powder. I think they sell this stuff only in Canada but it doesn't hurt to look around.
Old 19-06-2004, 05:39
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7

Hydrocone is not in CCC's cpm is the other ingredient in CCC's and it does not get you high, it is dangerous to take at high dosages. dxm and cpm both go through the liver in the same way and from what i read in research ( ive done alot of it on this subject ) It really kills the liver to take the two together.Grab a bottle of Robo Cough and cold and chugg a 8 oz. The high will be better than taking 16 CCC's , and it cant kill you. Sure it tastes gross but chugg it and use a chaser, its worth the trip. ( dexalones, and robo cough gels are alright also ) although if you want the same dose from robo cough gels as an 8 oz of syrup you will need to take over 40 pills.

40 robo pills = 600mg dxm

20 Dexalones = 600mg dxm(dexalones are twice the size of robo cough)

one 8oz = 706mg dxm

Old 11-02-2007, 16:41
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5
A warning about coricidin cough and cold

SWIM and a friend decided it would be a good day to robotrip,it was a sunny December day and they had nothing to do so why not?First they needed the ingredients so we visited the local grocery stores medicine aisle.The only product they could find that didn't also have acetaminophen was coricidin so they proceeded to buy this.

SWIM got to his friends house and took eight of the little red pills,they visited another friends house and did two large lines of cocaine and this other friend gave them a small amount of cocaine for some of the fish they were frying for dinner.Abit later in the process of cooking the fish the dxm started to kick in.They were blaring Radiohead and having a grand old time.

They then proceeded to SWIM friends' fathers house where they smoked some weed and did the cocaine.Now SWIM's friends dad has a hottub in the backyard so SWIM,his friend and his friends wife decided to take a dip.Things got bad for SWIM.He felt confused,the cold air and the stimulation of the cocaine made him feel very uncomfortable.The hot tub made him feel as if he was burning up and the dxm gave him closed eye visuals of hell fire and doom.He said he had to get out and now!They went back to SWIM's friends house and SWIM collapsed on the floor heartpounding fast.SWIM had read somewhere not to combine the cpm ingredient in coricidin with stimulants and that cpm alone could dangerously raise the heart rate.SWIMS friend then started feeling very bad and he and SWIM kept asking if they were alright knowing full and well neither were.

SWIM's friends wife finally got them to confess what all they were on and looked up coricidin on the internet and read the fearful things it could do in an overdose.They all debated if they should go to the hospital,SWIM and his friend in a state of confusion,terror,and discomfort.SWIM got in the shower at room temperature hoping that might help and collapsed to the shower floor thinking that this was death and begging forgiveness for every bad thing he had done in his life of 28 years while strange but brightly ugly geometric fireworks burst everywhere distorting his vision.

A few hours later SWIM and his friends heart rates got back to normal and the actualy dxm experience from then on wasn't entirely bad.The next morning they both felt awful and talked about how greatful they were to be alive.

This is a warning if you want to do dxm coricidin is not the way to go and that combining dxm with cocaine or any other stimulant is not always such a wise idea either.The box those little red pills come in should have a skull and crossbones on it.
Old 11-02-2007, 16:50
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Re: A warning about coricidin cough and cold

Glad swiy learned their lesson; it's a shame swiy had to learn it the hard way. There's many warning all over the interenet, and especially this site, talking about the dangers of CPM in Coricidin.
Old 11-02-2007, 17:41
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5
Re: A warning about coricidin cough and cold

The sad thing is SWIM had actually read many of these warnings but for some strange reason decided to do it anyways,and SWIM usually isn't a stupid person.
Old 25-03-2008, 11:49

35 y/o Male
zafada is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: The Dangers of Coricidin Cough and Cold (DXM)

Wow so yeah, registering was a pain in my anus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFOAF
Anyway, I found this forum from a search on google. I wanted to find some good horror stories about coricidin. As unbelievable as it sounds, I used coricidin every other day for about six years. Wierd thing was was that I never over-did it. In other words I regulated it to about eight pills every other day. I knew of the risks but it was better at the time to feel happy while killing my liver other than feel miserable while um...not killing my liver.

So, wierd thing is is that when I was using it obsessively I was in amazing physical shape. I was all muscular, could run for miles, could read and memorize/learn anything without a problem, fly..oh no wait I couldn't do that, and I never had a problem. Oh except the bleeding from the anus thing. Yeah, that's actually not a joke. It's because I was always dehydrated from the ccc and the terds tore up my insides. Gross, I know. No need to tell me.

About four years after quitting I decided to do it again. It didn't do anything for me really. I felt the same old feeling but I noticed after being sober for so long that it made me dumb. I couldn't do anything intelligent. I could read or whatever but I couldn't do anything that involved concentrating so I was left with watching a movie, playing video games, or going out...and whenever I'd go out on ccc I'd be waaaay too outgoing so females would get scared. They'd say things like, "why are you talking to me" or my personal favorite, "don't touch me.."

I'll wrap this up. The last two times I did coricidin I had seizures. Both times I was at my desk and ended up with a fractured nose and a bloody head however I woke up in my bedroom. I didn't know how I got there. I noticed I tasted blood in my mouth so I went into the bathroom and noticed bruises all over my face. Then I opened up my mouth to see my tongue all chewed through. Even my gums and the inside of my bottom lip were all chewed through. I wasn't really sure what happened so I went into the computer room and saw my desk chair tipped over, my mouse hanging from the desk, and a few other things somewhat thrown.

The second time I did the same thing pretty much but I was using the laptop. Both times I woke up in my bed so I must have felt tired after passing out then lead myself to the bed. Either way, I don't really know what to think considering I've never had this problem before. I think my body is just used to not getting intoxicated...or maybe it's a conflict with herbs that I take?

Who knows. I'll probably do it again because I am that dumb. Thanks for listening...

Last edited by Paracelsus; 25-03-2008 at 20:22.
Old 21-10-2008, 02:06

28 y/o Male from United States
BrainMelt is a decent psychonaut.BrainMelt is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Other drugs in Coricidin Cough & Cold

Swim almost died from taking this shit. He was doing it 2 days in a row and after he thought it had worn off the second day, he had the most horrifying/traumatic experience in his entire life. He was on the brink of death, passing out several times, uncontrolable arm movements, feeling like his brain was on fire, left eye felt like it was gonna explode(this lasted for a week) and a slew of other things. This led to 6 months, in and out of hospitals, feeling like he could not think straight, seeing some visual distortions and extreme anxiety. Thankfully after about 6 months it went away. Don't mess with this garbage.
Old 24-11-2008, 22:57

Male
eche05 is captain of the psychonauts.eche05 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Coricidin is subject to frequent abuse by alternative drug-seekers due to it's availability. I have personally experienced a wide variety of dextromethorphan experience throught the use of coricidin, and have emperical evidence that the anti-histamine makes the trip significantly less plesent, as well as causing severe mentel inhibation as opposed to straight dextromethorphan HBr which minimally effects my mental state.
Old 05-12-2008, 19:45

24 y/o Female
BadLilMasochist should review received reputation comments.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

SWIM uses Coricidin (about 20pills each trip) she hasn't had any problem except the hangover effect the next couple days.BUT after repeatedly hearing about all the bad effects SWIM is trying to move away from it because she knows its only a matter of time b4 she has one VERY bad trip. Is there SWIY that has tried coricidin and switched and has any recommendations on sumthing that is jus as good.
NOTE:SWIM has had only good highs on coricidin...so far.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:26

Male
Quaghmire12 should review received reputation comments.

You guys just do delsym its striaght DXM 30mg seriously its so good

Post Quality Evaluations:
Ridiculous, way off-topic one-liner
Old 14-07-2012, 00:32

Female from USA - Georgia
analeave is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

My daughter started abusing Coricidin last year. She became psychotic & delusional and was taken to Emergency from a party, 1013, inpatient for 10 days. She spent most of last summer in the hospital. 3rd time they diagnosed her Bipolar 1. There is no family history of mental illness. Within the past year she's been hospitalized 8 times, spending 6-13 days each time. I found empty Coricidin packets 4-5 of those. Coricidin is ruining her life. She was unable to attend college Fall 2011, and requested a hardship withdrawal Spring 2012. Lately, other than following me around, she has completely isolated herself. She's currently in ER awaiting transfer to a psychiatric facility. I'm now doubtful she;ll come out of this and be able to function on her own.

Share this on:

Tags
coricidin health risks