Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Tramadol
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 18-09-2007, 17:32
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,958, Level: 6 Points: 1,958, Level: 6 Points: 1,958, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Plugging / Rectal Tramadol?

Hi, was wondering if it's possible to plug tramadol to overcome naseua.
SWIM has some Ultram capsules 50mg each. No syringe unfortunately but has read about experiences of plugging other things in capsules.

SWIM can ingest 350mg of tramadol no problem in a day but after a while he starts feeling a bit queasy even though padded with or without food.

Yes, tramadol doesn't work for some but it works very well for SWIM, so no discussion about this please

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Thanks

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for starting this thread, just what Swim needed!
Old 18-09-2007, 17:42
Platinum Member & Advisor

28 y/o Male from United States
trptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10
Re: Plugging / Rectal Tramadol?

I really can't say either way whether IB (intrabumum) will work, but have read that it if will work orally it will work rectally as well.

tramadol works we.l for swim too, but he lost his prescription for it. He took ultram nearly daily at the around swiys dose (250-400mg daily) for about a year. He sometimes felt the queasyness swiy talked about but mostly he experienced heartburn/acidic stomach problems after about 10 months of this, he hoped this would stop after he stopped taking it but 4 months later he still has these problems.

Daily this probably would not be a good idea, but if one is asking just for recreational value that does not occur often then it would be a good idea if this did work and there were no ill side-effects.

I am curious if anyone has any experience also.
Old 20-09-2007, 00:20
Banned

Male
sarbanes is a decent psychonaut.

Inferior method as it bypasses desirable 1st pass hepatic metabolism, and is rather irritating to perianal area at theraputic doses. But maybe will avoid the neausea?

Answered question
Old 22-09-2007, 17:09
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,958, Level: 6 Points: 1,958, Level: 6 Points: 1,958, Level: 6

Thanks for the replies. Yes, SWIM doesn't get any naseua now once he's used to it. That also means it's time to stop though unfortunately

For next time it seems plugging isn't an option though.
Old 27-09-2007, 09:10
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male
jayjohnson81 is captain of the psychonauts.jayjohnson81 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2

Don't worry, you should still practice plugging with water or your favorite beer (just a couple plugs - you'll get ass-drunk real fast) so your ready for when you need to plug something for real.

(Sorry... I'm wasted.. )
Old 27-09-2007, 23:39
Silver Member

59 y/o Female from USA - California
Intoxicating Dreams is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1

I am new here and finding the information fasinating and of superior quality (well the beer plug post above made me laugh pretty hard, even though I have done the wine enema thing once). Anyway, what is Tramadol? SWIM used to snort adderall, and other stimulants like it, but can no longer access it and it made her art much more enjoyable. Would tramadol or Ultrim make a good substutite. Do they require perscriptions? Thank you for any suggestions.
Old 27-09-2007, 23:50
Platinum Member & Advisor

28 y/o Male from United States
trptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPACtrptamene must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10 Points: 4,724, Level: 10

UTFSE(use the forum search engine)

in general do not post questions that have been answered anywhere else on this site and do not add any information that is already on this site; this is good for keeping down all the noise and I think it may also keep the monthly costs down(maybe a mod can clarify this?)

from erowid
Quote:
Tramadol is a quasi-narcotic analgesic used in the treatment of moderate to severe pain. It is a synthetic analog of codeine, but has a low binding affinity to the mu-opioid receptors. It has been prescribed off-label for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy and restless leg syndrome.
it is Rx in the US
Old 22-09-2008, 18:00
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6

Swim has a good amount of tramadol. Problem is, for some unknown reason, it just flat-out stopped producing euphoria. Sedation is still there in bucketloads, but the euphoria is gone. Before anyone asks, there is ZERO physical tolerance. Only thing Swim is tolerant to regularly is marijuana. Opioids are consumed every few weeks. Swim has even taken several month breaks and came back to tram with the same issue.

Swim's real question is this: Even though rectal tramadol sounds like it would fail due to lack of 1st pass hepatic metabolism, is there possibility it will create euphoria? Swim used to believe that metabolite M1 caused most euphoria. Swim has tried every single potentiating combo he could thing of, most of them only increasing sedation and nothing else.

Could tramadol rectal act differently than oral? Perhaps Swim's body has developed some sort of "anti-tramadol" response? Could rectal be a way to pass it? And why could it have stopped being euphoric? Did Swim's brain just adapt to the tramadol and now prevents it from being euphoric?

Regardless of questions, Swim thinks he will attempt rectal tramadol soon. An experience report will follow.

A very interesting thought! A very good point! Swim will try it.

Last edited by fiveleggedrat; 24-09-2008 at 04:27.
Old 04-01-2009, 13:19
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Mish is captain of the psychonauts.Mish is captain of the psychonauts.Mish is captain of the psychonauts.

SWIM was just wondering if plugging Tramadol actually will increase it's effect (i.e. require a lesser dose to achieve effects of a higher oral dose)

SWIM never gets nausea on Tramadol, but the oral come up seems to take a long time and SWIM finds himself going through a fair amount of Tramadol simply because the effects aren't quite strong enough. Would plugging help with reduction of dose to reach desired effects, or is the bioavailability high enough orally that it won't make any difference...?
Old 08-01-2009, 05:06
Banned

34 y/o Male
soma is captain of the psychonauts.soma is captain of the psychonauts.

Erm, isn't the M1 metabolite responsible for most of the effects of Tramadol (being that it has roughly 1000x the affinity for the Mu opiate receptor). In theory, that would mean that by injesting it anally, you would bypass the 1st pass metabolism and therefore not create any of the M1 metabolite, thus killing any opiate effect of tramadol.

thanks for making me not post!
Old 16-06-2009, 05:59

Male
StopDropNRoll is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Did you take any medicines that act on the CYP2D6 enzyme? These inhibitors include SSRIs, some antihistamines, some antipsychotics, cimetidine and some other mainstream medicines. If so, what is happening is the Tramadol is not being converted to M1, which is the metabolite that produces the euphoria. M1 metabolite binds to opiate receptors 100x greater than tramadol.

If you are looking for the euphoria side effect, the CYP2D6 inhibitors need to be out of your system. *However some of the medicines should not be discontinued abruptly, such as Prozac, etc.*

Also--if you are indeed on any of the inhibitors, the risk of serotonin syndrome increases with this medicine.

I take Prozac, and I combined it with 400mg Tramadol one time. I was having tics on the right side of my face, vocal tics where it appeared that I had a speech impediment; also I suffered chest pains. I felt like I was on the verge of a seizure or heart attack. It was not pleasant at all.

I also believe that smoking cigarettes activates some of the side effects such as nausea and the muscle spasms, as nicotine temporarily increases dopamine and acetylcholine which are both neurotransmitters involved in the muscular system.

Hope this helps. See a list of "CYP2D6 inhibitors" for more information.

*There is well documented case histories of tonic-clonic seizures occuring in people who abuse Tramadol. Please be very cautious as always, and understand the risks someone takes when they are choosing to use high doses of this medicine.*
Old 16-06-2009, 06:12

26 y/o Male
LostAllFeeling is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

tramadol is not a drug that has any real useful properties unless metabolized through the stomache and etc. some people report effects from snorting, but they are always extremely minute and commonly it is regarded as a waste unless taken just as a pill. in theory one could parachute tramadol or crush it up and injest said powder. it would probably hit harder and not last as long which for tramadol would be a huge plus. SWIM apologizes that he cannot offer any advice to get over the nausea. Tramadol is a very nauseating drug if used in high enough dosages to produce a recreational effect. SWIM would move on to something more tolerable on the stomache, or something that actually could be snorted or plugged. best of luck
Old 12-03-2010, 20:34
Banned

Male
Dr_Janus is an unknown quantity at this point

See this thread, it will explain all http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=120976
Old 17-01-2013, 23:38
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from USA - Wisconsin
KingTussin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I tried a new thought up method today for plugging tramadol, it worked great. I used half a gel cap, some lub, and my finger.. Anyway I put the tramadol into a half gel cap then held my index finger on open side, holding the powder in. I then covered it with lub, as I held onto it with my thumb and index finger. I than laid down on my side and stuck it up there. I must say, this was very easy. Way better than using a turkey baster lol. No nausea, still feeling very calm, and it kicked in VERY fast! I'll never abuse this drug, because it makes me too itchy, once in awhile is fine though.
Old 20-01-2013, 17:05
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

This is a 3 year old thread. All of the science behind plugging tramadol says that it should be a significantly weaker trip than using it orally. None of the precious o-desylmethyltramadol (i think thats right) is produced that way and that metabolite is MUCH stronger than the tramadol itself.

What effects do you get from plugging? What dose? How does it compare to similar oral dose?
Old 22-01-2013, 21:54
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from USA - Wisconsin
KingTussin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Well, first off Tramadol doesn't cause a trip for me, just a long high. In many other forums people say plugging tramadol increases the effects by a small margin, just slightly better than orally.

My experiences plugging tramadol.
-It kicks in much faster.
-The sedation is increased.
-It doesn't last as long as orally. 150mg lasts 5-6 hours, as orally lasts almost all day.
-No nausea.
-Doses like 100mg plugged feels like 150mg orally.
-Increases euphoria.
-Weight lifting seems much easier.
-Less itching.

I've looked at many other forums about this topic and they think the same thing. Google it, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 23-01-2013, 17:16
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Hmmm you appear to be correct. Many anecdotes claim that plugging tramadol is stronger - ill have to try it myself one of these days... Maybe the o-desylmethyltramadol is somehow metabolized out of the blood stream? It's odd because i was under the impression that codeine and tramadol had fairly similar mechanisms of action and most people say that rectal codeine use is a waste of time.

Also the fact that IV tramadol exists in a medical setting points to either the desylmethyltramadol being created when tramadol is in the blood stream (as opposed to during first-pass hepatic route), or desylmethyltramadol is much less important to the tramadol experience than people think.

Anybody who actually knows what they are talking about have anything to share? My knowledge of metabolism is basically limited to what i have learned from drug web sites haha

UPDATE: I plugged 2, 50mg tramadol. Emptied the capsules, mixed with water, oral syringe up the bottom - powder dissolved easily. I felt the effects quickly but I sadly did not find the effects to be stronger than normal - if anything it felt weaker. Hard to use this test as anything close to proof because I was kinda EXPECTING it to be weak and obviously expectation plays a huge role... I wont be repeating this RoA tho - found it did not give as strong effects as oral use and much shorter acting. Fast onset but obviously no "rush" or anything

Last edited by Xanahalf; 28-01-2013 at 05:19. Reason: UPDATE

Share this on:

Tags
plugging, rectal administration, tramadol, tramadol abuse, ultram