Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 06-09-2007, 21:30
Banned

Female
MzEnthusiastic should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Maeng Da Kratom

Has anyone you know tried this yet. TPIK tried it and it is PHENOMENAL!!

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it.
Old 06-09-2007, 22:21
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Br00klynB0y87 is a decent psychonaut.Br00klynB0y87 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Maeng Da Kratom

What makes it so "PHENOMENAL" ???

Care to get more in-depth, maybe share your experience, dosage, how it differs compared to other Kratom products?
Old 06-09-2007, 22:40
Banned

Female

Ok from what I heard....

It is genetically grown derivative of the thai strain (which was always TPIK's least fave kratom)

Here is the description she got prior to trying it:

Quote:
I would like to take a quick moment of your time to inform you about a new Kratom product now available on a limited basis which will become known as “Maeng Da” Genetically grown Thai Kratom.

As far as I am aware the Thai to English translation for this comes out like “Pimp’s Kratom” or "Pimp Grade Kratom" how cool is that!!! LOL

Basically this leaf is VERY strong and active at only about 1 or 2gm which is pretty insane for a kratom leaf. Maeng Da has a strong smell & is very green in color.

This is a strain that has been hand selected in Thailand for it’s strong effects. There are not huge amounts available although and XXX are doing our best to try & secure as much as possible. However we don’t expect it to be available week after week or in big quantities, so please have an understanding that it may be in stock today….then out of stock for many months after that. Hopefully bigger quantities will available in a few years!!!
So TPIK was intrigued.... ordered some the day her vendor got it in... She has a high tolerance... Uses kratom daily to overcome a worse addiction, and normally doesn't get too much euphoria from kratom. Well she took only 1.5tsp, and because of her tolerance (she takes about 20 grams of Bali every day) she bumped it with another tsp an 1/2hr later. Within the next 30min ... TPIK threw up, which kratom has never made her do.... She thought the buzz would go since it ALL came up... But quite the contrary - She became itchy; nodding here and there, but for the most part UP UP UP!! Great energy kick combined with the euphoria that most Thai lacks *In TPIK's opinion* The biggest surprise was she didn't want or need another dose for almost the ENTIRE day. And TPIK takes it 3times a day normally!!!

Well worth the try!! I have seen a few vendors carrying it but supplies are limited... So TPIK just ordered another 50 grams...

HTH's
Old 07-09-2007, 02:44
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

That's so enthusiastic, it almost sounds like an advertisement!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:13
Banned

Female

FOR WHO???? Most ALL the vendors have it ... that was actually a post copied from the wholesaler that provides kratom in the US.... And regular ppl cannot order from them anyways - only vendors.....

Plz don't insinuate i am spamming, cuz i am not.... We talk about UEI and there is only one vendor that makes that product. This is now a widely available kratom product, and this is the kratom forum.... I was merely trying to see if anyone else has tried it cuz it just released this wk.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:56
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,274, Level: 41 Points: 83,274, Level: 41 Points: 83,274, Level: 41
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%

I am sure it was 'PHENOMENAL', but as long as I don't see experience reports this doesn't mean much to me. It looks like hyping, even if you didn't mean it that way. No offense meant.
Old 07-09-2007, 14:18

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEnthusiastic View Post
FOR WHO???? Most ALL the vendors have it ... that was actually a post copied from the wholesaler that provides kratom in the US.... And regular ppl cannot order from them anyways - only vendors.....

Plz don't insinuate i am spamming, cuz i am not.... We talk about UEI and there is only one vendor that makes that product. This is now a widely available kratom product, and this is the kratom forum.... I was merely trying to see if anyone else has tried it cuz it just released this wk.
Please tell us more about it-- such as SWIY much you took, and so on.

This is the genetically modified kratom, if I am not mistaken. If it's as good as you say, many people will be interested in what you have found out about it!
Old 08-09-2007, 18:37
Banned

Female

From what TPIK said, it is comparable to an Enhanced Kratom - Such as SEK or EB. I did say how much she took in my original post. And something she did notice is the length of time it lasted... At least 6-8hrs passed without a desire to take more.

She just got 50 more grams yesterday, and this morning took 1tsp RVT and 1tsp MDT and the effects felt similar to UEI or EB....

It is super bright green in color and seems to have a similar smell as Malaysian kratom.

I am sure it's just a matter of time before other reviews start popping up all over. We have a large thread on it on my forum, and many are members have ordered it...so reviews will be coming.... I know I cannot give the link to my forum or I'd just send ya'll over to read the thread..... As more reviews come thru I will definitely report back as to what others think about it... But I know for TPIK this is way better than any non-enhanced product she has ever tried... and possibly on par with UEI (not gram per gram...but as far as effects...gram per gram more like SEK or EB)

And I tried to explain the experience above the best I could... sorry it wasn't up to snuff, or what u were seeking... but I have a hard time on this forum, always afraid of wording stuff wrong. Sorry.
Old 09-09-2007, 00:37

Male from Bermuda

That's interesting. How much is a 'tsp' (teaspoon)? About 4g?
Old 09-09-2007, 00:39
Banned

Female

Depending on the grind, I'd say this particular is around 3 maybe. But TPIK doesn't have access to a scale, so that is merely an estimate.

On the little quote about or somewhere I seen active at 1-2grams... but she has a high tolerance.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:52
Silver Member

Male from United States
mushroom-man is a decent psychonaut.mushroom-man is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2

"maeng da" kratom is real interesting and the' rat likes a nice 2g powder in his cereal. This has been his fav but more info is needed...

What is it?

Peace,

Mush
Old 14-10-2009, 00:06

Male
Mitragyna Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

My Dog uses Maeng Da daily and likes it better than any other strain he has tried so far. He uses about 2.5 grams to start out with and then about an hour later uses about 3 more grams. For the first dosing it seems to give him a more euphoric feeling that last a good long while. When the euphoria starts to decline he eats about 3 more grams giving him a euphoric feeling and seems more sedating at this point. This feeling usually lasts him about all day considering he wakes up at 9:30 and goes to bed at about 10:00. My dog woudnt have it any other way
Old 14-10-2009, 16:05

Male from United States
sturdychinfilms needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitragyna Dude View Post
My Dog uses Maeng Da daily and likes it better than any other strain he has tried so far. He uses about 2.5 grams to start out with and then about an hour later uses about 3 more grams. For the first dosing it seems to give him a more euphoric feeling that last a good long while. When the euphoria starts to decline he eats about 3 more grams giving him a euphoric feeling and seems more sedating at this point. This feeling usually lasts him about all day considering he wakes up at 9:30 and goes to bed at about 10:00. My dog woudnt have it any other way
Maeng Da is my dogs favorite strain too. He finds it to be the most euphoric and also the cleanest high of them all. Its also the only strain he can smoke a cigarette on without getting terrible nausea. To bad it is the most expensive strain.
Old 17-10-2009, 19:49
R.I.P.

Male from United States
EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7

SWIM has been very underwhelmed with maeng da, and he's had it from many sources. It's definitely not worth the price when for that kind of money SWIM can get some UEI and be happy (although 99.9% of the time that money actually buys a bag of smack, but YMMV)
Old 18-12-2009, 16:32
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,274, Level: 41 Points: 83,274, Level: 41 Points: 83,274, Level: 41
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%

Also relevant:
Quote:
Maeng Da's subjective effects seem to vary quite widely between individuals. Most agree that it is energising and very fast-acting, and of short duration. It is very potent at first but seems to quickly build tolerance. There is some question as to the consistency of its quality, especially given current concerns as to the present quality of other types of kratom from its source.

I have sampled it personally and found it to be noticeably active at around 2 grams, with 3 grams being a nice energising level. It is certainly the strongest leaf that I have tried, but not twice as strong as others, maybe 1.5 times as strong as normal high-grade Thai. I doubt very much that it could be ten times stronger than ANY kratom. The strength is debatable however, as the effects are spread over a shorter period than most other kratoms, so it affects you faster and harder but wears off a lot quicker - it's like a "fast release" kratom that gives up its alkaloids more easily than others.

The Maeng Da source claims psychoactivity from 1g, but I doubt that this is true, though I haven't tried it. 2g was certainly quite mild, and that was the first time that I sampled it, so I wouldn't have developed any tolerance to that strain. My normal kratom dosages are low, maybe 4g or so for high-grade leaf, and I prefer the more stimulating types, so Maeng Da would naturally appeal to me.
Can others confirm this dose range?
Old 18-12-2009, 17:01
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,770, Level: 21 Points: 21,770, Level: 21 Points: 21,770, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
Can others confirm this dose range?
Swim has a high tolerance to Kratom, an average dose of maybe 30 grams of Thai. The first time Swim tried Maeng Da was a 5 gram sample he was given, he tried it on its own (T&W) no food had been consumed nor any other drug taken and he did feel a slight energising effect and very mild Euphoria.

At 5 grams Swim would easily believe that a person with zero tolerance could probably feel its effects at the 1 gram dose but it is not going to be anything mind blowing.

Swim has since experimented with Maeng Da plenty of times and feels that it is about 1.5 times as strong as the Thai leaf he uses. The Thai leaf is for Swim notably stronger than regular Bali so perhaps Maeng Da would be twice as strong as Bali?

It is the most Euphoric leaf for Swim by far. 15 grams taken as a tea is first felt within 15 minutes with strong Euphoria at the 30 minute mark.
Its more stimulating than Bali, probably on a par with Thai, but Swim did not notice it taper off any quicker than other types.

Post Quality Evaluations:
very informative details about dose range
Old 23-12-2010, 21:27
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Descartesx is captain of the psychonauts.Descartesx is captain of the psychonauts.Descartesx is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 294, Level: 2 Points: 294, Level: 2 Points: 294, Level: 2

Could MZenthusiastic expand on how this strain is genetically modified? As a pharmacology student, the Fennec Fox would like to know how this strain would have more pronounced effects, compared to others?

In short- does it have more of a certain alkaloid, or perhaps a new alkaloid?
The term 'genetically modified' is misleading at best unless it can be expanded upon..
Let's not put any swimmers at risk here.
Old 24-12-2010, 10:21

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartesx View Post
Could MZenthusiastic expand on how this strain is genetically modified? As a pharmacology student, the Fennec Fox would like to know how this strain would have more pronounced effects, compared to others?

In short- does it have more of a certain alkaloid, or perhaps a new alkaloid?
The term 'genetically modified' is misleading at best unless it can be expanded upon..
Let's not put any swimmers at risk here.
This thread was started over 3 years ago, things have changed a lot since then.
Obviously Maeng Da is not Genetically modified, it is simply a strain with an unusually high alkaloid count compared to most (but not all) other strains.

Swimmers have been using it for years, its no more of a risk than other strains of Kratom.

Is Swiy new to Kratom? The Dr. would be surprised if there are still sites making claims about it being genetically modified, although some vendors make such outlandish claims about Kratom that he probably shouldn't be surprised.
Old 10-01-2011, 18:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
Sleepy is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

My friend ordered some Maeng Da with his latest batch of regular product. He says it gives a significantly stronger experience per gram, requiring ~4-5g to match ~7-8 of the regular. However, he also says that there was nothing unique about this type aside from its potency, and due to the ease with which he can put kratom into capsules for quick consumption the price per dose becomes the most driving factor, with Maeng Da being too expensive to justify in his mind.
Old 08-08-2011, 21:58

31 y/o Male from United States
Pico_Misty Mountain should review received reputation comments.

There is negligible difference in potency b/w plain leafs such as maeng da, old school thai, and bali. Maeng Da does have more of a stimulating effect, but I wouldn't call it more euphoric than quality bali. If your rat has to t&w more than 12g of any plain leaf, it's a bad source. I know a rat that came off of a heroin addiction w/10g of bali 3x/day.
Old 08-08-2011, 23:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
TSBl0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe my tolerance is high, even though I started dosing Kratom the 2nd of August and have dosed it once every day (with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 days I didn't), but I'm doing 10-12g of Maeng Da to get a really get euphoria/sedation and nodding.

I'm sure lowering the dose would create stimulating effects rather than sedation, but I like my sedation.
Old 09-08-2011, 18:49

31 y/o Male from United States
Pico_Misty Mountain should review received reputation comments.

Maeng Da has an energizing aroma, good bali or super green malaysian is better for the effects you're looking for.
Old 09-08-2011, 20:07
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
TSBl0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!
Now I know what to try next!
Old 29-08-2011, 13:51

28 y/o Female from United States
lizziepops is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

A friend of a friend uses UEI almost daily and has found that he needs only 1g of that at a time (however he doses twice a day) for energy and pain relief. He is expecting a shipment of Maeng Da today in the mail and is wondering if its potency is anything like UEI or will he be severely disappointed? Also, he wants to know how many grams he should make tea with? Will let you know later on in the day how it turns out.
Old 29-08-2011, 16:06

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepops View Post
A friend of a friend uses UEI almost daily and has found that he needs only 1g of that at a time (however he doses twice a day) for energy and pain relief. He is expecting a shipment of Maeng Da today in the mail and is wondering if its potency is anything like UEI or will he be severely disappointed? Also, he wants to know how many grams he should make tea with? Will let you know later on in the day how it turns out.

UEI is kratom leaf that has been powdered finly and enhanced with pure alkaloids, so no plain leaf is going to be as potent gram for gram as it.

Maeng Da can be good, if you get good Maeng Da. Unfortunatly it seems that after it hit the markets there were plenty of vendors happy to sell any leaf as maeng day at the extra cost.

Its generally about 1.5 - 2 times as potent as some basic kratom leaf, nothing too special, nothing i could justify the extra cost on personally.

If you are trying to get a similiar experience to 1 gram of UEI then you might need to use a lot of Maeng Da, or any other Kratom. UEI will raise your tollerence fast which will mean that you will need to use a lot more kratom if you turn to regular leaf.

If you dont use kratom much then try 3-5 grams of Maeng Da if you want to eat it on an empty stomach (toss & wash) or if you plan to make a tea then start with about 5 grams and see if it is enough. As kratom is not standardised its impossible to guess how strong it is, so start low and work up to what you find best.

I would recomend only using UEI once a week if you have to use it at all. Dosing 1 gram twice a day will raise your tollerence very quickly if you do it every day and can lead to addiction.
Plain leaf tends to give the best results for most people once they work out the best dose and method that works for them.

Post Quality Evaluations:
thanks for quick reply and dosages

Share this on:

Tags
maeng da kratom