Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis Use, cultivation & production of Marijuana, Hashish, Ice-o-lator & Hemp.

Old 15-08-2007, 01:21
Banned

Male
flipthecandy should review received reputation comments.
Injecting THC

So if one were to extract the THC from weed or hash, could it be injected? Either IV or IM. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Would it be possible? Thoughts please.

Post Quality Evaluations:
i wanted to know this too. good thread.
Old 15-08-2007, 01:46
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Injecting THC

THC is not soluble in water or saline solutions. It would be like injecting peanut-butter. And when peanut-butter gets to your heart, Skippy, a clogged cardiac artery would be the result. Can you say "heart attack?" Sure you can!
Old 15-08-2007, 01:59
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male
jayjohnson81 is captain of the psychonauts.jayjohnson81 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2

Sorry - I see this as a completly hypothetical question.

`If` you could extract the THC - could it be injected?

That's a big `IF` - how would you extract it?

Possible, hell yeah. Anything's possible... but seeing as the hoards of drug-loving chemists with the love and giggles power of potheads everywhere haven't yet figured out how to inject THC - it's prolly a bit of effort. Plus needles are nasty.
Old 15-08-2007, 02:42
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2 View Post
THC is not soluble in water or saline solutions. It would be like injecting peanut-butter. And when peanut-butter gets to your heart, Skippy, a clogged cardiac artery would be the result. Can you say "heart attack?" Sure you can!
what about if it was dissolved in eythl alcohol dilluted then injected? steve o had a nurse give him an iv bag with 5 shots of vodka and he was still doing his thing.
Old 15-08-2007, 03:06
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

As you add water, the THC will start to come out of solution*. And injecting pure ethyl alcohol is extremely painful. Not a good idea. Might be possible to put it in polyethylene glycol - but we're talking dead rats to find if that would work. I'd suggest staying with the common routes of ingestion: Inhaled as vapor, eaten (or drunk) dissolved in oils or butter, or same only rectal.

* which is why to make hashoil from grass, you'd want to start with a non-polar solvent.
Old 15-08-2007, 04:12

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2 View Post
As you add water, the THC will start to come out of solution*. And injecting pure ethyl alcohol is extremely painful. Not a good idea. Might be possible to put it in polyethylene glycol - but we're talking dead rats to find if that would work. I'd suggest staying with the common routes of ingestion: Inhaled as vapor, eaten (or drunk) dissolved in oils or butter, or same only rectal.

* which is why to make hashoil from grass, you'd want to start with a non-polar solvent.
yeah that makes sense
Old 18-08-2007, 22:36

Male
AThousandYoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

Check out this link. It has that sort of info.

http://users.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Dr...hcextract.html
Old 19-08-2007, 07:31
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

I have to disagree with the answer given. When swib was a teen , his older brother would have this powder called " T " tetra hydra cannabinol ( thc ) this was a drug that I saw him and his friends do quite often , usually they would do lines of it up the nose, but I know that it was banged on occasion. I didn't do any thing like that at that time in my life , so I can't comment on it from a personal experience , just I know what I saw and heard them tell me . Anybody out there remember this drug. Surely there are some who will speak up and straighten this out .
Old 19-08-2007, 08:13

Male

swim promises that if he ever gets a terminal illness he will try all the stuff normal people would never do such as injecting thc, loperamide(immodium) and dxm. swim will also probably take requests of stuff to inject.lol
Old 20-08-2007, 01:10
Banned

Male

haha yeah i will do that too if i get a terminal illness....or if i live past 40......
Old 12-10-2007, 05:10
Titanium Member

Male from United States
polidelaiko is captain of the psychonauts.polidelaiko is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2

And what about an emulsion? like with Propofol?

good on you to make suggestions
Old 12-10-2007, 06:44
Banned

25 y/o Male
JaWill88 is a decent psychonaut.JaWill88 is a decent psychonaut.

swim wonders if it would provide a rush. it most likely would. swim really wonders what it would be like. possibly not pleasant but then swim just doesnt like thc anymore
Old 12-10-2007, 06:47
Banned

25 y/o Male
JaWill88 is a decent psychonaut.JaWill88 is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethatagain View Post
I have to disagree with the answer given. When swib was a teen , his older brother would have this powder called " T " tetra hydra cannabinol ( thc ) this was a drug that I saw him and his friends do quite often , usually they would do lines of it up the nose, but I know that it was banged on occasion. I didn't do any thing like that at that time in my life , so I can't comment on it from a personal experience , just I know what I saw and heard them tell me . Anybody out there remember this drug. Surely there are some who will speak up and straighten this out .

swim hates to say it but swim is 99.9% sure it wasnt thc if it was intravenously injected.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:01
Palladium Member

Female
Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,148, Level: 6 Points: 2,148, Level: 6 Points: 2,148, Level: 6

somebody told me marinol could be done.

and re the peanut butter/oil issue, just a couple of drops of hash oil on a joint get SWIM very high so how much oil actually is needed to hurt in an IV? for instance, air bubbles are bad, but a phlebotemist told me that SWIM actually needs 20 cc of air to kill him.

Also could alcohol tinctures be evaporated? and then a small portion of the residue could be liquified in some beer/weak alcohol?
Old 13-10-2007, 20:57
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male
jayjohnson81 is captain of the psychonauts.jayjohnson81 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2

Hmmm, oil, rectal... missed that. Very interesting.

prescription pain meds, like vicoden and such are denied to incarcerated persons in the US
Old 14-10-2007, 08:06
Banned

Male

Has any SWIY tried IV marinol? Or know someone who has? I wonder what it would be like...visuals? body load? rush? euphoria?
Old 14-10-2007, 14:18
Palladium Member

Female
Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.Cakes really knows their shit.

about marinol:
A light-yellow resinous oil that is sticky at room temperature and hardens upon refrigeration. Dronabinol is insoluble in water and is formulated in sesame oil. It has a pKa of 10.6 and an octanol-water partition coefficient: 6,000:1 at pH 7. Marinol is supplied in soft gelatin capsules containing either 2.5 mg, 5 mg, or 10 mg dronabinol. Each Marinol capsule is formulated with the following inactive ingredients:
sesame oil, gelatin, glycerin, methylparaben, propylparaben, and titanium dioxide.

Last edited by Cakes; 09-11-2007 at 14:34.
Old 14-10-2007, 16:48

Female
MaryJaneBenzo should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaWill88 View Post
swim hates to say it but swim is 99.9% sure it wasnt thc if it was intravenously injected.
I'm with ya on this one.. I would say the "T" that your bro and his mates
were injecting was probably "Tac",, an acronym for Heroin.. It would be almost
impossible to Inject THC in any form..

Peace...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:11
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
jkolt89 is on the way upjkolt89 is on the way upjkolt89 is on the way up
Points: 475, Level: 3 Points: 475, Level: 3 Points: 475, Level: 3

Swim's likes to party and have fun but has only one comment on this idea:
Don't Do It!!!

Can an insoluble oil even be injected without dying?

Sounds like it would either clog the blood vessel or get stuck in the heart and cause a heart attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
Also could alcohol tinctures be evaporated? and then a small portion of the residue could be liquified in some beer/weak alcohol?
Cakes, that's an interesting idea. Swim once wanted to see if thc could be turned into a powder and snorted but tons of research later, couldn't find any way to do this. Everything read said THC was kind of in it's own class, so to speak, it was just THC. Supposedly, but don't quote swim on this, the evaported alcohol would uncover THC oil again or possibly a gooey mix of THC oil and alcohol that could never be fully evaporated. Alcohol can't change an oil into a powder residue so the oil would have to be changed somehow or something before mixing it with alcohol. Maybe some kind of an acid/base reaction might work l? Like when a based solution is turned acidic so that the solution will precipitate a salt or power residue. Any suggestions or ideas?
Old 09-11-2007, 14:31
Palladium Member

Female

LOOKEE!! it's so beautiful. there must be something it can be used for...

Last edited by Cakes; 09-11-2007 at 17:01. Reason: told u he never keeps his deals
Old 09-11-2007, 14:47
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
jkolt89 is on the way upjkolt89 is on the way upjkolt89 is on the way up
Points: 475, Level: 3 Points: 475, Level: 3 Points: 475, Level: 3

LOL! Wow! I almost snorted my laptop through my nose when I saw that pic!
Old 09-11-2007, 15:47
Silver Member

beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC

OKAY quit holding out , Cakes what in the world world would nice young woman need with that much, Kief, or what ever it is, light brown sugar?, I am jealous Well don't worry I am not spiteful
Old 09-11-2007, 17:04
Palladium Member

Female

i wish. if the pic is good enough, i will steal it and that one is worth looking at, huh?

Quote:
LOL! Wow! I almost snorted my laptop through my nose when I saw that pic!
If you did, your boogers would look like this:

dang a fine sample of beauty, nice find.
Old 09-11-2007, 17:54
Silver Member

a bong load of that , would you just be stoned or would it have you semi tripping? It looks so soo ssooo sweet and tasty
Old 13-11-2007, 10:19

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
i wish. if the pic is good enough, i will steal it and that one is worth looking at, huh?

If you did, your boogers would look like this:

dont think swim could smoke that....its too beautiful.

snot is NOT beautiful

Share this on:

Tags
cannabis, dronabinol, hash, honey oil, injecting, injection, intravenous injection, marinol, propofol, pure thc, shoot up, shooting up, skunk, snorting, snorting thc, thc, thc extraction, thc reclamation, weed