Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antipsychotics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 05:27
Banned

26 y/o Male
TheBlackPope is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 300, Level: 2 Points: 300, Level: 2 Points: 300, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Abilify (Aripiprazole), recreational use?

Is it possible for swim to take alot or snort some of his abilify to produce any recreational sideeffects? It has a drowsiness portion to it so swim think it should work.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:32
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: Abilify, rec possible?

Please always include the chemical name of pharmaceutical drugs in your posts. This can be easily obtained from Google or other search engine. Doing so will avoid confusion on this international forum. Thank you.

Abilify is Aripiprazole, and no, Anti-Psychotics don't have any recreational potential.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:38
Micklemouse Micklemouse is nu online
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,208, Level: 11 Points: 6,208, Level: 11 Points: 6,208, Level: 11
Activity: 18.1% Activity: 18.1% Activity: 18.1%

Nada. Nope. None whatsoever. The only side-effects to be gained from this med are going to Extra-Pyramidal ones - not fun.

Please do not believe the drug companies hype regarding the lack of EPSE's or other side effects with this med. In practice A Certain Mouse has met very few individuals who have tolerated this med well at anything approaching therapeutic doses. The akathisia it causes has generally turned out to be unbearable, & the incidence of dystonia is higher than first anticipated.

One sure fire way to experience adverse effects from an anti-psychotic is to rapidly increase the dose, which is what your donkey seems to be proposing. Please advise him against it.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:50
Banned

26 y/o Male
TheBlackPope is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 300, Level: 2 Points: 300, Level: 2 Points: 300, Level: 2

Thanks for the help.

But one more question.

If it produces drowsiness, isn't that a good indicator that double the maximum does would put swim in for an extra drowsy time?

Or would he just pass out?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:14
Micklemouse Micklemouse is nu online
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,208, Level: 11 Points: 6,208, Level: 11 Points: 6,208, Level: 11
Activity: 18.1% Activity: 18.1% Activity: 18.1%

He would either pass out or experience one of the adverse reactions listed on the Patient Information Leaflet that should have come with his meds or that are documented widely in literature & on the Web, & that can be found with minimal digging. Either way it would not equate to a "recreational" experience.

Please do not confuse the increased euphoria & "nod" from slightly higher dose opiates or benzodiazepines with the over-sedation associated with high dose anti-psychotics. Over-sedation can be a distressing & potentially life-threatening situation, needing close monitoring - there is a high risk of hypotension (decreased blood pressure), incontinence, injury, tachycardia & possibly other organ problems, coma... From the trials & reports so far, Aripiprazole seems relatively safe in overdose. However I must stress that this is real life, & trials have been known to give a skewed view of reality. As I stated above, trials showed that Aripiprazole gave very few adverse effects - the reality is that it can give just as many as any other anti-psychotic, & often with a greater severity.

Again, the chances of adverse effects are increased with a rapid increase in dose, which taking an overdose (& let's face it, taking double the prescribed amount is an overdose) would count as.

Post Quality Evaluations:
excellent summary of risks and side effects
Old 11-08-2007, 12:28
manda

Female
manda is captain of the psychonauts.manda is captain of the psychonauts.manda is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3

I know that I take abilify as prescribed, and I have read and felt how hydrocodone can increase the effects. This I got off one of those web MD sites "Avoid using other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold medicine, pain medication, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by hydrocodone, which could result in extreme drowsiness or coma."
So opiates, such as hydrocodone, increase the effect of depression and anxiety medicines.

But to be honest w/you, abilify when taken correctly can do wonderful things for your life. It has even calmed me down while wiggin' out in the distant past. It's good stuff, give it a chance the right way.
TAKE AS PRESCRIBED! Drugs that weren't designed to get high on, trying to get high on them will only make you miserable. Trust me.

Also: I am aware abilify is also used as an anti-pyschotic, not just for anxiety and depression, but it is used to treat all 3 of those things, in combination or apart.

Last edited by manda; 11-08-2007 at 12:39. Reason: spelin
Old 11-09-2007, 01:15
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from United States
seeingred is on the way upseeingred is on the way upseeingred is on the way up
Points: 552, Level: 3 Points: 552, Level: 3 Points: 552, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

other than making you tired and bored...none.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
charmedman18 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Re: Abilify (Aripiprazole), recreational use?

I took both Abilify and Geodone. Both are horrid. (mental ward for 12 days for depression)
I watched cool people become mindless zombies as they were dosed higher and higher with these two drugs.
Abilify = flu symtoms for me
Geodone = Worsened anxiety symptoms (already have panic and anxiety, for which I take klonopin)
Old 08-09-2008, 04:06

Female
anneg31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Abilify is amazing I have to say.....
Old 08-09-2008, 11:58
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

^^^ Unless this is elaborated on, it will be deleted
Old 08-09-2008, 23:50

Female

Im sorry I just meant that it has helped me so much b4 abilify I suffered from bad anxiety so bad I wanted to die and I has constant suicidal thought's and constant depression depression so bad I hated to even leave my house I also suffer from minor bipolar I tried so many different pills for these symptoms and nothing worked untill now untill I tried abilify I did post this in the wrong area because I dont use abilify for rec. I use it because I need it.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:01

32 y/o Male from United States
sylvanshia should review received reputation comments.
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1

Swim's friend once took abilify recreationally and he got really messed up in an unpleasant way, the room started shaking and he thought he was going to puke later on that day he thought his eyes were flashing like strobelights he then proceeded to pass out for the remainder of the day. This just goes to show abilify has the possibility for some side effects but most of them are considered unpleasant and the ones that arnt are outweighed by the other aspects.
Old 17-12-2008, 15:43

Female

Well I have now been on abilify for 3 months and it has helped in the begining it seemed to help me more I felt alot better, and now I just feel ok but one problem I have is I think it makes me feel really weak sometimes Im pretty sure the symptons are caused from abilify heck i have a hard time just lifting up my arm to put on mascara. I also take aderall and I am wondering about this other sympton I get I constantly have the urge to twitch my toes especially at night that is the wasy I fell asleep with my feet twitching so I wonder if it is from the abilfy or is it from the adderall?
Old 20-12-2008, 04:39

Male from United States
JarvyJarvison is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be either one... or both... or neither... Abilify tends to give people akathesia which makes it hard to stop moving. It gave it to SWIM really bad.
Old 08-01-2009, 13:45

27 y/o Male
phatassone should review received reputation comments.

SWIM finds abilify to be stimulating rather than sedating, having been on it for 3 months for depression SWIM stopped because it was causing insomnia (even with valium+clorazepate to sleep)
Old 09-01-2009, 23:26

Male
eche05 is captain of the psychonauts.eche05 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Abilify, unlike other atypical antipsychotics, exhibit 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A and 1A agonism, as well as D2 agonism. This is more like an antidepressent than an atypical antipsychtoic, due to the increased production of serotonnin. The anxiety, as well as stimulation, is caused by the presence of serotonnin. This medicine isn't useful in treatment of violent psychotics because of the 5-HT, even though it doesn't have musc. acetylcholine affinity.

If you don't know what you are talking about don't say it.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:26

31 y/o Male
&non should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

i was prescribed aripiprazole several years ago. i had the same question you do. i didn't go to forums and ask. i snorted a 15 mg pill of it.

really wasn't worth it.

Please read the rules again, paying attention to "Self Incrimination"
Old 13-04-2009, 04:14

26 y/o Female from United States
Princess is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1

SWIM was on Abilify, prescribed for off label use, for a short time many years ago when SWIM was a teenager and SWIM got severe akathisia from it. SWIM could not stop moving or sit still for more than a couple minutes and would stand up, walk around, pace around the room, start dancing and jumping, SWIM felt like SWIM was ready to jump out of SWIM's skin. It was really scary. SWIM couldn't sleep or sit down or anything. Years later, a psychiatrist tried to prescribe Abilify to SWIM again. SWIM explain that SWIM got horrible akathisia from it. The psychiatrist still suggested Abilify to SWIM "How severe was the akathisia" the doctor asked. SWIM has generalized anxiety and does not have any psychotic disorder, yet the psychiatrists would prescribe antipsychoptics to SWIM when SWIM was a teenager over and over. At the time, SWIM didn't know the akathisia was from Abilify, SWIM thought that SWIM developed restless legs forever. Eventually, after being offg Abilify for awhile, the akathisia slowly went away. It was really scary stuff, the worst feeling ever, something you'd only want to give someone to torture them. However, looking back it's kind of like, everyone should experience akathisia at some point, because experiencing akathisia let's you appreciate what it's like not having to feel like jumping out of your skin.
Old 13-04-2009, 04:58
Banned

Male from Canada
zeno is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by &non View Post
i was prescribed aripiprazole several years ago. i had the same question you do. i didn't go to forums and ask. i snorted a 15 mg pill of it.

really wasn't worth it.
This seriously annoys me - all sorts of FISH are out there who can set-up an account on this forum yet can't take the time to research these drugs on the internet. Listen, unless you love Extra-Pyramidal Side-Effects like jaw tightening, restless movement, and drooling then research before sticking things in your nose. Sorry for rant, I just tire of FISH thinking, "yeah! brain drugs! snort it!" Google is #1 for a reason - antipsychotics are not going to get any monkeys high.
Old 17-04-2009, 10:49
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Norway
Man5onite is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 169, Level: 2 Points: 169, Level: 2 Points: 169, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eche05 View Post
Abilify, unlike other atypical antipsychotics, exhibit 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A and 1A agonism, as well as D2 agonism. This is more like an antidepressent than an atypical antipsychtoic, due to the increased production of serotonnin. The anxiety, as well as stimulation, is caused by the presence of serotonnin. This medicine isn't useful in treatment of violent psychotics because of the 5-HT, even though it doesn't have musc. acetylcholine affinity.
It does not make you produce more serotonin.
Agonism means the receptors are more sensitive to the select neurotransmitter they already have.
And it is a partial agonist, which means it is a agonist/antagonist at dopamine-receptors.

Edit: Oh yeah, and parial agonist at 5-HT1A, and antagonist at 5-HT2A.
Sorry, but your post was chock full of errors.

Last edited by Man5onite; 17-04-2009 at 10:59.
Old 21-04-2009, 13:54

Male
BaldTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Swim has encountered no fun side effects from using antipsychotic medicines other than being able to hold down a job and not wanting to hide indoors all day... which is a shame really but you cant have it all.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:04

Male
Content is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM knows for a fact from his cats experience attempting to use it recreationally that it does not work. It will either give SWIY insomnia and anxiety or make SWIY annoyed and drowsy, and generally cranky. Or at least thats what happened to the cat
Old 05-05-2009, 04:59
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
bryanbabylon is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1

I take antipsychotics every day at high doses for schizophrenia. I pulled a trial of aripiprazole for about six months. The sedation is really nasty and unpleasant, and when you couple that with the inability to fall asleep, uncontrollable leg shaking, and this undescribable feeling they call akathisia, I cannot possibly see how a person could possibly want to take this drug. My response to this drug was the norm not the exception. For some people feeling like shit ALL the time is better than hearing voices, being deluded, having uncontrollable emotions, and having problems understanding languages. Abilify is a lifesaver for a lot of people, but nobody gets high off it.
Old 19-05-2009, 09:52

24 y/o Male
duG22 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

yes dont try snorting abilify it will burn your nose. and then it wont even get you high or euphoric whats so ever

if the drug isnt a controlled substance it ussually doesnt get you euphoric
Old 02-12-2009, 02:17

Male
Honeybear420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Abilify (Aripiprazole)

What all do you know about this?
Swim was wondering if you could get high on abilify?
If so how much would he need to take?

please read previous posts re zero recreational value and adverse effects

Share this on:

Tags
abilify, anti psychotic, antipsychotics, aripiprazole, bad ideas, cocaine, cymbalta, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, effexor, geodon, hydrocodone, insufflate, insufflating, lortab, recreational use, salvia, salvia trip, snorting, snorting drugs, zyprexa