Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 01-12-2004, 21:47
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

soulraver132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
which benzodiazepine is strongest?

im very experianced wiht pharms.newayz i was wondering if someone could help on which is the strongest benzo.

i have tried diazepam = vaiums, alprazalam = xanax and clonazapam = klonopins. i think the strongest are klonopins im not ssure i know it has to do with doasgae but what do think is strongest ?
A valium 10 a xanax bar or a klonopin 2 mg ?
haaha on time i got fucked up off of 10mgs klonopins and about 150 mg of ritilin /concerta (the little alza kind) i was fucked up all weekend ..it kinda sucked never will do that agian .. peace
Old 02-12-2004, 03:56

granby140 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
valiums make me the most fucked up. Like sleepy and shit
Old 04-12-2004, 21:22

LuvsToSmokeDust should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
LOL ! Valium. < Hardly a strong benzo. Good benzo as a medication, but not as an abuseble one.

Take a few Xanaxes the'll mess you up a lot more than valium ever would.

Oh and jesus man ! Don't ever mix ritalin with benzos you could go blind. < Although I never went blind taking these medications together so I don't know the hell people are talking about.
Old 04-12-2004, 21:43

LuvsToSmokeDust should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Rohypnol, but you can't get a script for it so you got to go look for it out on the street. Take 1/2 a pill the first time you try it. Otherwise it knocks you flat on your ass, but thats just some people so I got to warn ya.

Here a few other strong ones. Trizolam, Temazepam, Flurazepam, Oxazepam, and Nitrazepam.

Trizolam and Temazepam are two of the best ones you can get a script for.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:49

nooo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

xanax! the secret drug i like to think of it as man or alprazolam. such an amazing drug, such an addictive drug, yet no one ever really talks about it. it must be because its cheap or something, but what i tell ya man, dont take it. u forget everything all the time and when u take too much u just melt, and if u try to stop takin it cold turkey and think it wont be hard HAHAHAHA. that shit is rough. not as bad as opiates but jesus, its addictive shit man. hahaha.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:26

ToxicMind is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Which one is the strongest depends on your tolerance and how much you take. Valiums and Klonopins relax me and make me feel calm, but I wouldn't call them strong drugs. Xanax, if you take enough can be much stronger, imo, than the other two. It can make you much more drowsy. -K
Old 11-12-2004, 20:59

granby140 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
its weird with zannies i get all chill and relaxed and feeling good. With valiums i zonk the fuck out right away. Now rohypnol on the other hand is a diff story.
Old 12-12-2004, 22:36

Plethora is an unknown quantity at this point

Benzo Equivalency Table - http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm
Old 23-12-2004, 23:42
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Female from Australia
~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,158, Level: 14 Points: 9,158, Level: 14 Points: 9,158, Level: 14
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Benzodiazepine equivalency chart
(There are many variations to this but this one by Dr. Ashton seems to be the most accurate)

Alprazolam 0.5
Bromazepam 6
Chlordiazepoxide 25
Clonazepam/Klonopin 0.5
Clorazepate 15
Diazepam/Valium 10
Estazolam 1
Flurazepam 15
Halazepam 20
Ketazolam 15
Lorazepam 1
Nitrazepam 10
Oxazepam 30
Prazepam 20
Quazepam 20
Temazepam 20
Triazolam 0.5

Last edited by ~lostgurl~; 21-05-2006 at 23:26.
Old 23-12-2004, 23:46

~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Valium is a relatively powerful hypnotic (sleep inducer),
whereas the more modern benzodiazepines such as alprazolam (Xanax), lorazepam (Ativan), and clonazepam (Klonopin), are less powerful hypnotics, but are very powerful anxiolytics.
Do not assume that because one benzodiazepine makes you sleepier than another that this benzodiazepine is more potent than those which do not produce sleepiness to the same degree. Often, the reverse is true.

Last edited by ~lostgurl~; 21-05-2006 at 23:30.
Old 24-12-2004, 08:27

e-Thom should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
clonazepam is not that new...it's actually one of the older benzos (or so my doc said)
Old 27-12-2004, 05:04

Male from Earth
RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7
How strong is lorazepam stronger or less? I know laura76 made a chart but I dont get it, higher the number the better?
Old 27-12-2004, 08:01

1mg Lorazepam is equivalent to 0.5mg Klonopin (Clonazepam)& equivalent to 10mg Valium (Diazapam) Also 0.5mg Xanax (Alprazolam)

Make sense???
Old 24-01-2005, 18:54

Don't panic, take 50mg Oxazepamum (forget about Xanax).
Can't sleep?: Dormicum 15mg .
Old 24-01-2005, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura76

1mg Lorazepam is equivalent to 0.5mg
Klonopin (Clonazepam)& equivalent to 10mg Valium
(Diazapam) Also 0.5mg Xanax (Alprazolam)

Make sense???
0.5 Xanax equal to 10mg Diazepam? Asian Generic
Diazepam?

Ever tried Swiss brand Roche Valium?

Old 25-01-2005, 08:05

Patrick131 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
just take whatever makes you feel good for whatever you're trying to do. i agree with nooo that it is pure hell to try and quit cold turkey. i prefer xanax but when i got off them it was hell. the good thing is i was a lot more clear-headed and my grades went way up. i never realized how bad for me they were until i stopped.
Old 17-09-2009, 20:26
Silver Member

Male from Canada
benzoknowledge is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: which benzodiazepine is strongest?

hi everyone im new here but i got some useful info...Klonopin is the strongest benzo on the market...even more potent the rohypnol...not nesecarilly stronger but more potent...and klonopin has a half life of up to 50 hours..while xanax is about 5hrs..... .5mg clonazepam=1mg flunitrazepam...and you can get prescribed klonopin and not flunitrazepam...i get klonopin prescribed for twitching and seizures it works better than any other... ive been prescribed Ativan,Serax,Xanax,Restoril, now Klonopin...in my expeience and research prove Klonopin(number 1) is the strongest Anxiolytic,anti-convulsant,and is highly sedating and does not ware off qiuckly...only xanax(2nd) is comparible and it hits ya quick but wares off quickly...now lorazepam(ativan is 3rd my opinion) and its weaker than the two in sedating properties but has long anticonvulsant properties..these are the most common HIGH STRENGTH benzos....Oxazepam is a metabolite of clorazepate and diazepam...so there for it has no active metabolites of its own....its probably the weakest in terms of effects and potency...30mg of oxazepam equals 1MG CLonazepam.....hope this is helpful....REMEMBER IM GOING OFF OF USA PRESCRIBED DRUGS. NOT BANNED OR ILLICIT SUBSTANCES(NO LEGITIMATE USE IN USA)not prescribed......if you want something stronger to make you sleep(insomnia only) try seroquel its the only thing that makes me sleep(300MG a night)....remember this is only for reference..

benzoknowledge added 5 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

no 1MG alpazolam equals 10mg diazepam......NOT .5MG to 10MG....THIS IS POSTED BY A GUEST AND IS NOT CORRECT

Last edited by benzoknowledge; 17-09-2009 at 20:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-09-2009, 00:34
Silver Member

Male from Switzerland
MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2

This equivalenzy charts are mainly made for detoxing. The benzo-addict tells what he is on and on how many - then the equival diazepam dose is found (often as drops)-and then its reduced.

The question of strength has to be concretized!

Sedative, hypnotic, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant and amnesic?

And even if this choice is made, every person reacts different.

SWIMs Favorites:

sedative: diazepam
hypnotic: midazolam or triazolam
anxiolytic: alprazolam
anticonvulsant: no real experience on that
muscle relaxant: tetrazepam
amnesic: triazolam and alprazolam

Heres a different equivalency chart (SWIM doesnt like Ashtons)

Reference: Diazepam 10mg

Alprazolam 1mg

Bromazepam 4,5mg

Chlordiazepoxide 20mg

Clobazam 20mg

Clorazepat 20mg

Clotiazepam 10mg

Lorazepam 1-2mg

Metaclazepam 15mg

Nordazepam 15mg

Oxazepam 30mg

Oxazolam 40mg

Prazepam 20mg

Brotizolam 0,25mg

Flunitrazepam 1mg

Flurazepam 30mg

Loprazolam 1,5mg

Lormetazepam 1mg

Temazepam 20mg

Triazolam 0,25mg
Old 22-09-2009, 00:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
Valseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way up

phenazepam is by far the 'strongest' benzodiazapine in my eyes.. nice and legal in most countries too..
Old 22-09-2009, 01:07
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzoknowledge View Post
...ive been prescribed Ativan,Serax,Xanax,Restoril, now Klonopin...in my expeience and research prove Klonopin(number 1) is the strongest...
Restoril <<EDIT RIVOTRIL) & klonopin are both clonazepam.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Actually Restoril is temazepam. Maybe edit this.

Last edited by Herbal Healer 019; 11-03-2011 at 18:49.
Old 04-10-2009, 18:18
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbal Healer 019 View Post
Restoril & klonopin are both clonazepam.
ummm NO RESTORIL IS (TEMAZEPAM) KLONOPIN IS (CLONAZEPAM)

benzoknowledge added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbal Healer 019 View Post
Restoril & klonopin are both clonazepam.
you need to do some research my friend if you think klonopin and restoril are the same thing dude

Tone down the attitude please! Borderline flaming.
If you have knowledge share it & gently correct, don't condescend in a hostile & unhelpful style.

Last edited by benzoknowledge; 13-10-2009 at 00:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2009, 22:46
Silver Member

Male from Switzerland
MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzoknowledge View Post
ummm NO RESTORIL IS (TEMAZEPAM) KLONOPIN IS (CLONAZEPAM) GET IT STARIGHT DUDE...I KNO WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT EVIDENTALY YOU DONT
SWIY is right but doesnt has to SHOUT. Best would be to use the name of the pharmaceutical substance and not the brand names - so there would be no missunderstanding.

Right, phamacuetical names are important.
Old 12-10-2009, 19:04
Silver Member

Male from Canada

sorry for the disrespect....i was just having a bad day...yes chemical names should be used but sometimes brand is shorter less typing.......sorry my friends
Old 13-10-2009, 00:09

27 y/o Male from United States
NEUROROGUE should review received reputation comments.

Sorry to say buddy.... whoever told you that taking ritalin/adderal with benzos at the same time causes blindnes is a complete moron. I say this since SWIM is prescribed 30 mgs of adderal daily and 2mgs xanax daily.SWIM DOES NOT THINK THAT swims DOCTOR WOULD PRESCRIBE THEM BOTH. Swims doctor went through 8- 12 YEars of medical school. JFYI. I am not calling you a moron, just that you should check your so caled facts before placing them in any thread. Have a nice day

NEUROROGUE added 4 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

You might be right... HOWEVER SWIM HAS TO TAKE 3 milligrams of KLONOPIN to equal 2 milligram xanax. But you know what they say, "EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT"

Last edited by NEUROROGUE; 13-10-2009 at 00:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-10-2009, 05:04

24 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

Within the anxiolytic subclass of benzodiazepines, alprazolam and lorazepam are definitely the strongest and induce the most profound experience per mg.

Within the hypnotics, flunitrazepam, due to its heavy amnesiac effects would probably be the strongest.

Share this on:

Tags
benzodiazepine dose, benzodiazepine dose comparison, benzodiazepine equivalency, benzodiazepine potency, benzodiazepines