Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 12-07-2007, 21:16

32 y/o Female
momoftwinboys is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Meth vs. Ritalin vs. Adderall

Someone I know used to be addicted to Meth. Swim is no longer on Meth but is looking for the closest thing possible. Recently prescribed Ritalin LA, swim just doesn't see it being a big deal or that good compared to the feeling of meth. Swim would like to know if Addarell would feel comparable and if anyone has snorted Ritalin LA. Thanks
Old 13-07-2007, 02:02
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

44 y/o Male from United States
geophagus is captain of the psychonauts.geophagus is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1
Re: Meth vs. Ritalin vs. Addarell

If SWIY is capable of getting a prescription for Ritalin or Adderall, then perhaps SWIY might consider asking their Dr about a drug called Desoxyn (methamphetamine HCl).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desoxyn

It's prescribed in the US & Chili legally as a treatment for ADHD, and narcoplepsy, and occasionally as an anorectant. In the US it's a schedule II controlled stimulant just like Ritalin & Adderall.
Old 13-07-2007, 10:45

Male
SpaceCadetGlow is a decent psychonaut.SpaceCadetGlow is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1

While SWIgeophagus is right in his description of Desoxyn (but swim has never heard of Desoxyn being prescribed for ADHD) and its similarity or identicality to street meth, swim warns SWImomo that such a request might be more likely to raise suspicion than would a request for another, more commonly prescribed stimulant. SWImomo might have his friend try Focalin (dexmethylphenidate) or possibly
Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine). Meanwhile, Ritalin is probably not best for SWImomo's friend simply because it's not as closely related to methamphetamine as drugs like Adderall and Dexedrine are. Swim believes that SWImomo's friend would be most satisfied with a high dose of Adderall, perhaps 50-60 mg. Also, Adderall would probably be the easiest of the forementioned drugs to obtain from a doctor.

Swim has not snorted Ritalin LA, but he has done so with Methylin, which is just an immediate release form of methylphenidate. The experience is said to resemble cocaine. Swim blew upwards of 30 mg, and, while it did not resemble cocaine, it was quite sensational.

Swim wishes SWImomo's friend luck in his search for an alternative.
Old 14-07-2007, 16:34
Silver Member

Male
ill_repute is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1

SWIM likes crushing Rits....not necessarily instead of meth, but more so as another toy in the toy box.
Old 15-07-2007, 16:23
R.I.P.

Female
cyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way up
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2
Re: Meth vs. Ritalin vs. Adderall

Uh swim guesses she needs to clarify and leave this thread. If swiy is a meth addict, swim doesn't understand why she is trying to crush up and snort rits or addys. much less gets them rxed by a doctor. Swim has to go through hoops to get her son's meds and it sort of hit a nerve when swim read that post. That is why it is so hard for parents to get meds for real add or adhd sufferers. Oh yeah swim is definitely a meth addict too and would crush and rail the stuff herself but morally it is wrong thus she doesn't handle the kid's meds. By the way, the xrs were created to keep the abuse factor down as swiy is not alone believe me.
Old 16-07-2007, 09:57

Male from United States
merc11292 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwinboys View Post
Someone I know used to be addicted to Meth. Swim is no longer on Meth but is looking for the closest thing possible. Recently prescribed Ritalin LA, swim just doesn't see it being a big deal or that good compared to the feeling of meth. Swim would like to know if Addarell would feel comparable and if anyone has snorted Ritalin LA. Thanks

I believe i read somewhere that ritalin acts on the same nerves in your brain as cocaine, thus making it the closest pharmacutical to it. adderall i believe is an amphetamine. if swiy looking for a high swim would suggest ritalin snorted, if swiy just wants a meth like feeling i guess swiy would go adderall.
Old 16-07-2007, 13:32
R.I.P.

Female
cyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
You know the problem is that deep down inside I'm a druggo.I love drugs but I have a new beautiful wife who is zapotec,smart as the devil,told you I lost my whole family (death) from one month to another. My childhood was as bad as it gets and drugs helped me survive.Here, in Oaxaca, I'm a respectaful professor.and even ephedrine is controlled.I have no idea where to get drugs here,And the diazepan only gets me down.I took 14 clonozapans 2mg. last night,big shit right?Igot awhole day of teaching today and telling my students
how bad drugs are;enenthuogh,They saved my life.I need some speed to get me going. Love live Nina Hagen
Swim could use some speed too. LOL! Many reasons but swim is trying to abstain. Swim is also in a respected profession in the states but not far from swiy actually. Swim knows your area of Mexico. She thought ephedra wasn't controlled there? When did that happen? That would explain some things that are happening in the meth world around her neck of the woods. Really if swiy doesn't want to mess up things with the Mrs. and teaches kids, probably best not to do drugs, but if he must, maybe see a doctor there and get a script for or ritalin.She knows it is abundant in Mexico, Swim doesn't think adderall is although it is a better choice.

What was up with the LSD statement? That is a different area not here.
Old 16-07-2007, 14:25

Male
Kodi is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

out of your choices, concerta, rit, or adderall...

Swim thinks for the effect that swiy is going for adderall would be the best bet, however swim thinks that each of these is more comparable to cocaine than meth. In fact, swim has never heard anyone using those as an alternative to meth.

But all of them work around equally effective as an upper though in swims opinion, just gotta make sure swiy gets a good dose.
Old 16-07-2007, 22:19

32 y/o Female

SWIM can get an Rx for addarell or Ritalin by complaining of ADD syptoms to a Dr. who does not know that she has a history of drug abuse. Swim said she is trying to stay clean but will use meth if she can't find a legal alternative. Why is life so boring w/ out the high?? All swim wants to say is if you have never tried drugs - don't. Because you don't feel bad if you don't know you can feel so much better.
Old 17-07-2007, 16:07
R.I.P.

Female

In all honesty and that post answered questions in swim's head, adderall will make swiy want meth more. It isn't as satifying if that makes sense. If swiy is expecting the same high meth gives, it won't. Yeah it is ok for maybe a 1/2 day then swim would get very cranky no matter how much adderall she would do. Meth didn't have that effect on swim. She thinks swiy can try adderall but it won't get rid of the original problem. Ritalin is very different and swim hated the junk, it is ok for an hour, good intense high and then oh my the plummet, not nice. Oh yes swim is bored too but is trying to keep busy, and this is cold turkey, no adderall, meth, or anything. Yeah swim bets she wishes she could turn back the clock and never have taken that first rail but hindsight is a bitch. She has to deal with the deck in front of her you know. Swim didn't have it that bad really until the meth monster got her. Life is not the same no, but eases in time. Swiy really has to obstain off any speedy meds to achieve any good feelings again. Just swim's 2 cents. They will come back, swiy just has to give it time which swim knows isn't easy.
Old 17-07-2007, 16:29

32 y/o Female

Swim wants to Thank Swiy for her 2 cents. Swim knows Swiy is right and swim knows the monster will come back if she let him and be just as distructive - only swim has much more to loose then she did the 1st time. Swim may take an adderall, but swim knows it won't be the high she remembers as being so good. Someday maybe swim wont want anything and will be happy. Swim hopes swiy has found happiness, reading your posts, swim thinks swiy is a good person for trying to help others on here.
Old 17-07-2007, 22:45
R.I.P.

Female

Swim usually looks at the adderall posts here and usually just shakes her head or you know. But after taking another look at swiy's post said wait a minute that is how swim got back into meth honestly, also by your handle assumes swiy is a mommy and just doesn't want swiy to lose her kiddos. Swim did and it hurts like hell, this was about 18 years ago. Oh she had other kids later that she still has and kicked meth because of them for a long time, but misses the hell out of her kids she lost due to the dope. Also as she said relapsed back into meth after being exposed to adderall. It gave that oh so familiar feeling she remembered but not as satisfying. After 14 years of clean time blew it with a big meth binge that she is just now shaking. No believe her, she is fighting those same demons swiy is and nothing will ease it. If swim could advise a med that would help, it isn't an upper. Maybe swiy would consider talking to a drug counseling therapist to get advice when she is ready? That would be the ideal route as kicking meth on swiy's own is pretty impossible believe swim on that. In swim's case she had to go inpatient rehab followed by a year of intense therapy. Swim just doesn't want to see any swimmer mommys lose their kids, there is no pain worse than that and one will beat theirselves the rest of their life about it. Swim also doesn't want swiy to kid herself about adderall or ritalin, it really isn't the answer. Swim is trying to achieve the happy state, it gets better the longer she abstains, at first seemed impossible which is what brought her to several boards some like these trying to find answers as she has a lot to lose too. Good luck to swiy, hopefully she will find some way to kick those demons and be happy.
Old 20-07-2007, 14:29
Banned

28 y/o Male from Turkmenistan
izzy31 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%

adderall feels alot like the feeling of meth only it probably wont last nearly as long. but it feels very similar to meth and alot better than ritalin.
Old 21-07-2007, 21:29
R.I.P.

Female

Well adderall is more similar to meth than ritalin if one compares those two up against meth. Ritalin swim feels is more a coke type of feeling when used in non therapudic ways. Yes meth does seem to last longer than adderall or the effects anyway according to swim.
Old 21-07-2007, 21:48
Palladium Member

Male from United States
Swimster is on the way upSwimster is on the way upSwimster is on the way upSwimster is on the way up
Points: 680, Level: 4 Points: 680, Level: 4 Points: 680, Level: 4

Adderal is the chem Amphetamine, ritalin is methylphenidate. Amphetamine(adderal), being in the amphetamine class, where-as Methylphenidate's molecule-structure is WAY different then amphetamine.(non-amphetamine)

Methamphetamine is amphetamine with an extension of the molecule(Methyl)

so, comparing the two(amp,metylphenidate) is not a proper comparison.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Yes I was hoping someone would break it down chemically. Thanks.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, amphetamine, amphetamines, cocaine, concerta, drug, drug testing, drugs, ethylphenidate, heroin, legal drugs, making meth, meth, methamphetamine, methamphetamine's, methylin, methylphenidate, ritalin, snorting, snorting ritalin, speed