Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 30-11-2004, 04:12
Silver Member

Bodhisattva500 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Alprazolam CR (Controlled Release), ER (Extended Release), SR (Sustained Release)

Jatelka EDIT: This is a merged thread and the earlier posts are from before the "no self-incrimination" thing came into play

Does anybody take time released xanax? How long do they last?

Last edited by Jatelka; 17-04-2010 at 07:38.
Old 29-12-2004, 10:23

TheCecil is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
time released xanax last about 6-8 hours. they are avalible in .5mg, 1mg, 2mg, and 3mg time released tablets. time released xanax is not really great for receational uses, it is just a steady flow of alprazolam for up to 8 hours. mainly used for panic disorder so people dont have to pop bars all day long since xanax is one of the shorter acting benzos with a half life of only 6 hours. hope this helps
Old 09-02-2005, 10:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

ezat420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
They are called Xanax XR (extended release)
They are expensive as fuck!
Old 01-05-2005, 19:44
Gold Member

Male from United States
Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
can they be crushed to destory its time-relased formula?
Old 01-05-2005, 20:03
Silver Member

Female from United States
vacant is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
I think that crushing them COULD infact help, but I'm not completely sure.

According to their website:
Quote:
With XANAX XR, one dose gives you all day relief. When you swallow the pill, it does not melt right away. Instead, a soft gel coating forms around it. The gel coating helps the pill last longer in your body. This allows the medicine to be released more slowly, giving you all day relief.
It also says:
Quote:
Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet
So, I suppose, it could help to crush the pill, though it's much more sensible to just go and get some regular Xanax.
Old 02-09-2005, 18:48

basehead800 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea man crush it up and take it trust me i got sum of this shit once and i snorted the 2mg and took 2 na a half valium 10's an i was set i dont know why noone like these things
Old 25-11-2005, 22:09

Male from United States
kuplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

They are really really expensive, I ran out of my regular xanax, but had a prescription laying around from when the Dr was going to try me on the xr, so I went to the pharmacy, 3 pharmacys didnt even carry it, but i found one, and it was like $120.00 for just 25 of them (no insurance yet). My script was for 50, and I was to take 5 when I got up in the morning becuase my normal dose of xanax is 10mg a day, so i was in a pinch since it's the holiday and had to fork out the money, today is day one on the xr, i swallowed 3 of them, put 1 under my tongue (doesnt disolve like regular so I chewed it up and am still trying to swallow all of it that stuck to my teeth, and just crushed one up and swallowed it).

I hope they give the same relief that i get from regular xanax.
Old 26-11-2005, 06:50
Gold Member

Male from United States
Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
SWIMS Friend gets alot of Xanax XR and he lets them sit in water and completely dissolve, then drinks it. It takes along time, but it seems like it would be the best way to completely bypass the time-release mechanism.
Old 25-01-2006, 18:47

42 y/o
timmytoo should review received reputation comments.
Crushing Xanax (Alprazolam) XR?

Does Anyone Know If Xanax Xr Is Really As Dangerous As The Warnings In The Bottle And Insert Say? It Is Sooooo Not Working For Me And I Thought If I Crushed It I May Get The Immediate Relief For Panic As I Get From Regular Xanax???

Thanks,
Miss Desperate!!

Post Quality Evaluations:
double post
Old 25-01-2006, 20:50
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
did you already ask this? double posting isn't allowed. also, please search and use the word swim, as self-incrimination is also against the rules.

crushing xanax is how it's often abused for recreational use. however, for medical use it's not going to help you much.

recreationally, a new user should stick to 1mg crushed.

medically, you should stick to what the dr. orders.
Old 26-01-2006, 01:12

42 y/o
timmytoo should review received reputation comments.
Sorry...

I'm sorry for the double post... also thanks for the heads up on the SWIM thing... I was just looking for help, because i have been on xanax to control panic attacks for 5 years and wanted to try the Xanax XR because of the addition part of it. My Dr. said it wasn't as addictive. But, unfortunately it doesn't work. And I was having a really really bad attack today
Sorrry!
Old 26-01-2006, 15:22

Male
calmascanbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Crush away oggy, and don't worry about the package warning. I had to do the same thing ,the xr didn't work for me either. After crushing the xr they acted like the normal xanax.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:47

34 y/o Male
mark_v is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Can time release Xanax (Alprazolam CR) be used recreationally?

SWIM got ahold of 30 1 mg Xanax Retard.
Can they be used reacreationally ?
Crush them or something like that ?
Old 04-02-2006, 06:59
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
What is xanax retard? SWIM is assuming that the doses are retarted like a time release, Sustained Release? They could be used recreationally like regular xanax. SWIM is not so frimiliar with these pills but SWIM could probably crush them into a fine powder and you would be left with 1mg of xanax. You would not want to snort it though just eat it or parachute it. You could just take it orally also to see how you like it and how long it lasts. Xanax has a shorter half life so maybe the add certain binders to help with the duration so you will not have to redose. Have you taken regular xanax before SWIM? It should be the same if you grind it up but probably weaker/longer if you just take the pill. The recreational effects would probably be better if crushed in SWIMs opinion.

Anyone else have a clue about this?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:07

34 y/o Male
I guess Xanax Retard is the same as Xanax XR.
The alprozalam gets slowly released, so it lasts longer.
Works very well for SWIM's anxiety problems, but no recreational value, even when swim took 5 mg crushed.
Swim used a cheap generic of Alprozalem few weeks ago and never saw the use of using them recreationally.
Don't get it that so many people out there abuse and like it s
Old 05-02-2006, 09:46
AKA Miss Methylene

27 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_v
SWIM got ahold of 30 1 mg Xanax Retard.
Can they be used reacreationally ?
Crush them or something like that ?
...can they be used reacreationally?! Hell yes they can! I hope you realize what exactly you have! 30 of the 1mg. xanax is ALOT! You only need about 3 to reach the "abuse" level. You have a very good abuseable substance, use it wisely!
Old 05-02-2006, 14:22

34 y/o Male
Yesterday SWIM crushed 4 of them and took them orally.
Don't understand the whole hype around this drug,... It just makes you feel relaxed.
I got a prescription because i suffer from major panic attacs, and 1 Xanax Retard is enough to calm for about 12 hours.

So i'm not going to use them recreationally, because i can't enjoy the buzz you get from it.

SWIM is on 250 mg of tramadol right now.
THAT is some good stuff !
Swim is planning on taking 40 mg a Valium and 30 mg zopiclone this evening, to end this wonderfull day
Old 11-02-2006, 09:12
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
GOD I can't help but post in this thread. For the sole reason that constantly seeing the title, as read in English, is so damned fucking hilarious!! Thank you, mark_v, for bringing to my attention the French(?) name for this product. I'm LMAOFLOLERWEDQQQQQQQ. Oops, sorry, that must've been the Xanax, what a retard I am!

Sorry, please carry on. On topic, I doubt that time-release alprazolam has much "recreational" potential unless one defeats the time-release mechanism somehow. I really wish that I'd had it available to me when I was using alprazolam to treat my anxiety - especially when I tapered off, because neither diazepam nor klonopin had much effect on that anxiety, and lorazepam left me too dumb. Xanax was the one benzo that really worked for me, so the short half-life made getting off of it a bitch.

Last edited by radiometer; 11-02-2006 at 09:21.
Old 11-02-2006, 19:39
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
SWIM has heard of xanax XR (extended release) and also xanax SR (sustained release). They seem to be the same thing and supposedly work great to control anxiety. The half-life of xanax is short but this makes the drug kick in slowly so it will control your anxiety for several additional hours. If you do not enjoy taking them recreationally then just take the therepudic dose you feel comftorable with. SWIM also does not like to recreaionally take xanax but he will take a bar every once in a while to go to sleep or just to calm himself down. It works great for that! You are lucky to have a prescription for such a useful drug, just dont get into the habit of abusing it. Use as specified by your doctor and you should be okay. SWIM also does not understand why people abuse xanax so much! Its great for what it does and also great to use as a sleeping aid, but it is not very euphoric. It makes you super slow and your memory is non existant with too high of doses. Like a thread earlier mentioned, many people start to steal when they get high on xanax! WTF! SWIM knows several instances of theft happening while someone was on xanax. It throws your common sence and inhabitions out the window. On top of that, you might not even remember stealing something the next day! Some people take 10mg+++ at a time SWIM just sees no reason for doing this. Although there are some good prescription drugs to use recreationally, SWIM just does not think xanax is one of them. Now hydromorphone is a completely different story!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:13

Male
calmascanbe is an unknown quantity at this point
They are one and the same and I once tried them and had to crush to get close to the same affect as the oral xanax. Crush them to powder and and down the powder with a glass of water or a beverage that will kill the taste ,if your not used to the bitterness. I know people who chew the bars and they swear they have a smaller waiting time for the drug to hit.
Don't be afraid to crush xanax retard or XL the are the same MG. as the bars or the other MG.and they will work if they are powdererized.
Old 16-02-2006, 16:26

34 y/o Male
OK, SWIM did something stupid yesterday.
SWIM only uses 1-2 mg Xanax Retard a day like he is prescibed to and not recreationally.

But yesterday SWIM ate 8 mg Xanax Retard around 10 AM.
Right now it's 6 PM the next day and SWIM is still numb and dizzy.
This shit is strong and seems to last forever.
SWIM will never do it again, but guess all you Xanax abusers out there would love this Xanax Retard.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:35
Silver Member

Lilysleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Xanax (Alprazolam) XR

Does anyone know what the difference is between xanax and xanax xr? If you crush it up, does the extended release have the same effect as the original? SWIM misses her little orange diamonds

Pleasant pill popping!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:18
Silver Member

Lilysleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Xanax XR

Alright, swim answered her own question with evperimentation. The XR will give you the same effect when crushed up BUT there is some sort of substance in then that is meant to cause a jelly like coating. This covers up the usual nasty taste of crushed xanax a bit but cuases it to stick to any part of your mouth it touches. Mucho disgusting. Ah well, swim should be able to get her percription changed by telling doctor the xr knocks her out too much for too long.
Old 13-04-2007, 16:18
Drug Geek Extraordinaire

29 y/o Female from United States
bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.
Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5
Xanax (Alprazolam) XR?

Swim's partner has been prescribed Xanax XR. Swim has taken Xanax before, but hasn't encountered the XR version before. Is there anyway to get all of the chemical absorbed at once, perhaps through crushing or scraping off the coating (or does this offer much of a benefit)? Does anyone have any experience with these? How do they compare to Xanax besides the whole time-release thing and are they as powerful? These are 1mg tablets, by the way.

P.S. I haven't been frequenting this board nearly as often as I once did due to shifting life circumstances such as almost getting evicted, having internet shut off, and now moving. I'll be back when the dust has settled.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!
Old 13-04-2007, 16:32

Male
hh339 must live here.hh339 must live here.hh339 must live here.hh339 must live here.hh339 must live here.hh339 must live here.hh339 must live here.
Points: 2,086, Level: 6 Points: 2,086, Level: 6 Points: 2,086, Level: 6
Re: Xanax XR?

Crushed to powder they work as usual. At least the ones SWIM used to eat. Hurry back when everything has worked out (which it will), I miss you here at D-F!

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam effects, alprazolam xr, alprozolam, drugs, drugs forum, extended release, half life, imovane, parachuting, snort alprazolam, snorting, snorting alprazolam, snorting drugs, time release, xanax

» New Threads
AM I GONNA DIE??? WHAT DID I DO...
Last post by MethamphetamineMessiah
5 Replies, 304 Views
Slang Terms for Meth?
Last post by The92_QueenB
137 Replies, 35,935 Views
Dancing DMT Entities (Most intense...
Last post by SheEpYW0lf
0 Replies, 11 Views
Kicking the habit.. Making it...
Last post by carli