Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Phenethylamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Phenethylamines Phenethylamines and amphetamines.

Old 28-06-2007, 18:16
Titanium Member

Male from Netherlands
Niteflights is captain of the psychonauts.Niteflights is captain of the psychonauts.Niteflights is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 528, Level: 3 Points: 528, Level: 3 Points: 528, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
DOC (4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine) Drug Info

Please post info about DOC here.

Can anyone add information about:
  • names / synonyms
  • molecule
  • dose
  • duration
  • side effects
  • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
  • since when has this research chemical been available?
  • legal status
  • stability of the molecule / compound
Experiences with DOC are discussed in the following thread: DOC (4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine) Experiences

Trivial Name: DOC
Synonyms: 3C-C, 4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine
Full Chemical Name: 1-(4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-2-amine
Molecular Formula: C11H16ClNO2
Molecular Mass: 229.7 g/mol

One of a number of psychedelic amphetamines first synthesized and investigated by Alexander Shulgin.

From Shulgin's PiHKAL, entry #64:

Quote:
DOSAGE: 1.5 - 3.0 mg.

DURATION: 12 - 24 h.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 1.6 mg) I was hit with a slightly light head; the effects were quite real. I was disconnected, and somehow spacey, but this was a favorable spacey which was kind of fun. Somewhere at about the sixth hour I realized that I was beginning to drop off a bit, but six hours later yet, there was still a lot of memory. This is a long thing.

(with 2.4 mg) This is what I might call an archetypical psychedelic. Everything is there in spades, with few if any of the subtle graces, the `gentle images' and `gentle fantasies' of the 2-carbon phenethylamines. This is the works. There are visuals, and there are interpretive problems with knowing just where you really are. The place where nothing makes sense, and yet everything makes sense. I have just slept for a few hours, and now I am awake and it has been eighteen hours, and there is a lot still going on, although I have a relaxed, good feeling. Anyone who uses this had better have 24 hours at their disposal.

(with 2.4 mg) Here I am at the sixth hour, and I am still roaring along at a full plus three. I have established that this material is neither anti-erotic nor anorexic. The body is very comfortable, and so is the mind. There is an interesting aspect, perhaps peculiar only to this experiment and under these conditions. With my eyes closed the fantasy is a completely dark screen, lovely and seductive, subtle, and yet light must be deliberately brought in. This is not in any way negative for being in the dark, but is just unusual. I will have to try this in the daylight next time, to see what the eyes-closed brings to the mind-screen. At 24 hours, I have found that my sleep was not too great. My dreams were tight, and I kept defending against trouble; the nervous system was too alert. I was in a good humor, though, and I still am. This is excellent stuff, but start early in the day.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY: It is clear that the three halo-amphetamine derivatives, DOI, DOB and DOC, are all pretty much of the same potency. And all of them very long lived. The difference between the various halogen atoms was brought up under the 2C-C discussion. DOC is clearly a long-lasting, dyed-in-the-wool psychedelic.
There are two stereoisomers of this compound. The specific properties of each have not been clearly characterized to date.

Legal status in UK: Class A controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act, as it is covered under a clause regarding derivatives of phenethylamine.

Legal status in the Republic of Ireland: Schedule I controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act, as it is covered by a clause regarding derivatives of phenethylamine.

Legal status in US: Although not explicitly controlled at Federal level this substance may be deemed a controlled substance analogue of DOB or 2C-C under the Federal Analog Act under certain circumstances. Legality under state law will vary depending on the specific legislation enacted in each US state.

Legal status in Canada: Schedule I controlled substance.

Research Chemicals Index - Phenethylamines
Research Chemicals Index - Tryptamines
Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones
Research Chemicals Index - Synthetic Cannabinoids
Research Chemicals Index - Piperazines
The Research Chemical Index

Can anyone report on the tolerance profile of DOC? Is it similar to LSD or can it be used more frequently. Also do very small doses (~0.5mg) have shorter durations?

Cheers,
Nite

Last edited by Phenoxide; 25-07-2012 at 17:19. Reason: standard drug info thread format
Old 04-07-2007, 15:22
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.
Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: DOC tolerance

tolerance is rapid, lasting weeks due to pharmacokinetics and as w/everything else duration of action will lessen with continued use. moral - save the DOC.
Old 21-09-2007, 02:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
supe should review received reputation comments.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
DOC info

SWIM was wondering about DOC. he read on here that it has been stored in everclear so that means it is alcohol soluble. Is it water soluble as well? If so or if not so, if it was dissolved in a liquid how could it be measured, 1mL = 1mg? any info on this is appreciated
Old 21-09-2007, 03:35
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
rxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,646, Level: 7 Points: 2,646, Level: 7 Points: 2,646, Level: 7
Re: DOC info

It all depends on how much swiy dilluted the liquid. If swim were to put 100 mg's in 100 mL, 1 mL would equal 1 mg. likewise 100 mg's to 50mL would be .5 mL per 1 mg. It is water soluble. probably less so then it is in alcohol but with the amounts neccesary that should not be an issue. For small quanity's isopropol alcohol, wintegreen extract or any other kind of household alcohol is not detrimental to swiys health.

Its a fairly simple process.
Old 21-09-2007, 03:36

Male from United States
supe should review received reputation comments.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1

sorry for the double post but as SWIM was searching he read that 33mg or even more can dissolve in a mL of water or alcohol. SWIM is still open to more info
Old 21-09-2007, 05:13
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

More info: it would be irresponsibly dangerous to prepare such a saturated solution of a potent chemical like DOC for liquid measurement. Even an error of .1 mL would be a recipe for disaster. 1 mg per mL or even more dilute would be much wiser.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very true. responsible post
Old 21-09-2007, 15:03
Gold Member

rxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPAC

Swims advice would be to go to your local pharmacy and ask them for one of those little syringes without the needle. They have mL markings and .2 mL's marked off, fairly accurately. They are a valuable tool for precision when it comes to DOC and they are usually free.

Although the more dillute the safer, it may be difficult to transport swiys DOC dose to swiys desired tripping grounds. swim personally likes sugar cubes. However swiy could on further reflection just dump a dillute concentration in a water or juice bottle before swiy left the house.
Old 22-09-2007, 22:46
Gold Member

DOC is a wonderful chemical. Although the duration may look intimidating alot of the duration is spent in the after effects which would be similiar to an "acid hangover" or any other exhuasted lay over with mild visuals. If one were to dose around mid day they would likely be able to sleep at a reasonable hour. The length is considerably lower with a low to moderate dose. The time commitment would be similiar to an LSD trip perhaps a little bit longer. As with alot of the chems swim found the duration a bit exagerrated
Old 27-11-2007, 16:07
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Canada
Euphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline Medline
Points: 7,416, Level: 12 Points: 7,416, Level: 12 Points: 7,416, Level: 12
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

From wiki:
Quote:
4-Chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine or 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine or 4-Chloro-2,5-DMA or DOC is a psychedelic hallucinogenic drug of the phenethylamine family. Used by some as an entheogen, DOC was presumably first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin. The drug is generally taken orally, but some users have been known to insufflate or smoke the pure powder.

Chemistry

DOC is a substituted alpha-methylated phenethylamine, a class of compounds commonly known as amphetamines. The full name of the chemical is 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloro-amphetamine. DOC has a stereocenter and R-(-)-DOC is the more active stereoisomer. DOC is the 3-carbon chain homologue of the psychedelic 2C-C.

Dosage

A normal average dose of DOC ranges from .5-8.0 mg; the former producing threshold effects, and the latter producing extremely strong effects. Doses up to 10mg have been known to send the user into a restless stupor. Onset of the drug is 1-3 hours, peak and plateau at 4-8 hours, and a gradual come down. After effects can last well into the next day.

Effects

Unlike simple amphetamines, DOC is a psychedelic that resembles LSD, DOB, and mescaline. These effects include open and closed eye visuals, increased awareness of sound and movement and euphoria.

Pharmacology

The mechanism of DOC’s hallucinogenic effects is unknown, but like DOB and DOI, it may be mediated by partial agonistic activity at the 5-HT2A serotonin receptor, and binding affinity for the 5-HT2B and the 5-HT2C serotonin receptor.

Dangers

The toxicity of DOC is not known, but nausea, chest pains, and vasoconstriction have been reported by some users. In June 2006 four teenagers were admitted to a hospital in Metropolitan Detroit, Michigan after accidentally overdosing DOC.[1] To date, there have been no deaths attributed to DOC. However, DOC is an extremely potent psychoactive, and the risk of overdose is great if unknown or extreme dosages are taken.

Popularity

Although rare on the black market, sales of DOC on blotting paper and in capsules was reported in late 2005. DOC is sometimes misrepresented as LSD by unscrupulous dealers. This is particularly dangerous, as DOC is not known to have the safety profile of LSD.

Legality

4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine is unscheduled in the United States. It is likely that it would be considered an analogue (of DOB or DOM), in which case, sales for human consumption or possession with the intent to ingest could be prosecuted under the Federal Analogue Act. In the United States, the analogues 2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine, 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine, and 4-methyl-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine are Schedule I controlled substances. DOC is scheduled in many other countries including Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Sweden and the UK.
DOC is schedule I in Canada.
Old 22-12-2007, 23:07
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: Weak DOC?

DOC yields a bright yellow reaction with marquis reagent.

mod edit there are conflicting reports circulating, with several, apparently independent reports including the spanish harm reduction group Energy Control claiming a green color with Marquis. ~TF~

second mod edit just to back up what was said by TF, the Marquis tests performed by Energy Control were done with an authentic standard of DOC and yielded a pale green color. a bright yellow response would indeed be unusual for this compound. -Phenoxide-

Last edited by Phenoxide; 25-07-2012 at 17:25.
Old 26-12-2008, 02:23

33 y/o Female from United States
ODB needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

200mgs will dissolve into 3ml of grain alcohol. water does not work so well.

Useful information regarding solubility but a 66mg/mL solution is extremely concentrated for such a potent compound and would be difficult to dose reliably. A more dilute solution is generally advisable.
Old 14-02-2009, 14:06

28 y/o Male from United States
Ace of Ace is an unknown quantity at this point

Swim and friends took to around eight 1.5mg hits of doc but they kept re-dosing over time and they were wondering if it stacks or if the original dose they took was all they would feel?
Old 17-02-2009, 00:10

33 y/o Female from United States
ODB needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

^^ Stacks is a looser.

Yes it will make your trip stronger and longer.

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 28-10-2010 at 19:07. Reason: rqpp
Old 20-02-2009, 03:39

Male
comrade_christophe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

swim has never gone wrong with a solution with the ratio of .5mg per drop. 4 or 5 for him was perfect.
he just want a fan of sitting there counting drops every time he got a new batch in.
Old 03-01-2011, 22:30
Titanium Member

44 y/o Male from United States
squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.
Points: 548, Level: 3 Points: 548, Level: 3 Points: 548, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: DOC trip reports

Warning, this is anecdotal and quoted from an online forum from *gasp* 2005. It seems that DOC is very troublesome to make, that's why there are so many conflicting ID's. In some cases, MS looks identical to 2C-I

Quote:
Its easily to screw the (chlorination) synthesis in that one and 2C-C giving rise to overchlorinated/isomer products (and look at the horrible yields).Recooking a recipe in such cases,even if done point to point,often leads to totally different results.Shulgin is usually exact though I miss a bit analytical data in PIHKAL.

But the dose range given seems accurate (with the usual "on the low side" remark),I would expect it to be somewhat less potent than DOB and DOI.Usually the potency-differences with the amphetamines are not as pronounced as with the corresponding 2C's.PIHKAL's highest exp. was 2.4mg, the 1.5-3mg range given a sure sign of lack of data but perceived safetyness to go higher.

5-8mg given here sound okay,theres also one 2.3mg (R)-DOI (4.6mg rac.) exp. in PIHKAL and I heard of 6-8mg doses.DOM is also given in the 3-14mg (2C-D 20-60mg,2C-C 20-50mg for comparisons).

Generally,starting low on a compound somehow results in reaching you sooner the +3 level-carefully learning even the fine aspects of the soul of a molecule the better way to "break-through"?

But,see above,purity/identity will always be an issue with DOC.Shitty DOB is just the easiest/costeffective to make.
Quote:
It does seem like pihkal is way off on this one, well with the dose especially. The DOC I have has been analysed and its ~100%. I read someone's post on another forum saying that Shulgin screwed up the synth on this one, saying "some of it" (i'm assuming they made some according to his synth) was analysed in Germany and found to be a multi chlorinated PEA, I don't know the source of this info but I read before this on synthetikal - a guy posted on how he tried to make some DOC, but ended up with 3,4,6-trichloro-2,5-DMA, yet it was still active at 5mg and was well liked "2c-b like visuals" anyway..

Great digging! This is very valuable information! Keep it up, squeezix-- you are a rising star
Bit of a mixed bag here. Warnings regarding overchlorinated compounds are well founded. The dose range in PiHKAL is a little on the high side but certainly not 'way off'. DOC, 2C-C and overchlorinated compounds ARE all distinguishable by MS.

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 04-01-2011 at 00:47.
Old 04-01-2011, 00:51
MDMA, RC & News Forums

Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20
Re: DOC drug info

^^ I would rather take issue with the claim that Shulgin "screwed up" the synth as he is the Creator of DOC. Further- pihkal has been thoroughly "peer reviewed" and anything that needed fixing or clarification was long ago dealt with.

Personally, the turtles aardvark would put his faith in Shulgin over some random, anynomous postings from an "expert" on the net...

Fair point. Shulgin is an experienced chemist and fully disclosed the details of the synthesis used. While mistakes can happen I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:01
Titanium Member

squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.

I don't think the poster was trying to say Shulgin did not produce DOC, I think he was saying that an early attempt was unsuccessful. There was some banter that I did not post as the thread ran off on weird tangents. The point I was trying to make was why DOC synthesis is so often unsuccessful, and what may have possibly happened with the batch Fatal posted about and my Lab Rat received as well.

It was pertinent information. There have been several attempted batches of DOC out there that were not a scam, just improper synthesis.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:21

Male from United States
fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2

Although if this were true you would think the direct analogues IE DOF,DOB, and DOI would have similar synthesis problems no?

Old 11-01-2011, 15:28
Titanium Member

No, chlorine is a gas and that's why it's a bitch to work with (just from reading rhodium)

Last edited by Phenoxide; 25-07-2012 at 17:35. Reason: formatting issues

Share this on:

Tags
3c-c, doc, doc dosage, doc tolerance, phenethylamines, psychedelic amphetamines, psychedelic research chemicals, psychedelics, research chemicals