Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 18-06-2007, 03:36
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
shaneeats should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Wondering about 100mg of diphenhydramine

SWIM was wondering, will 100mg of diphenhydramine knock you out, or give you recreational effects? SWIM is not looking to get any kind of trip off of this, just a really good nights sleep.
Old 18-06-2007, 03:47
Palladium Member

Male from United States
Swimster is on the way upSwimster is on the way upSwimster is on the way upSwimster is on the way up
Points: 680, Level: 4 Points: 680, Level: 4 Points: 680, Level: 4
Re: Wondering about 100mg of diphenhydramine

you should really read around the forum and find out yourself.

However, swim find's 100mg's - with NO tolorance - and not being used to it- to knock you out. Actually 100mg's is an average dose with diphenhydramine sleep-aid's. But honestly swiy might get borred.

My point is to read on the forums about the subject to find out, or perhaps experiment/try it out.

BTW: Welcome to the forums shanegtb
Old 18-06-2007, 04:31
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

This would depend on swiy's tolerance for the substance.Swim wouldn't feel much from it as he is very tolerant to diphenhydramine and tolerance to this particular medication does seem to develop rapidly.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:58

Male
nononono15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1

SWIM wants to try this for the first time... Starting low, being 130 lbs, would 200 to 250mg create any sort of feelings.. could swim get hallucinations?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:06
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.

For first time use 200 mg's would atleast create some of the mental effects(though with diphenhydramine these aren'talways positive)and 250 should most definitely do it!Has swiy taken any precautions,has swiy read up on diphenhydramines effects?This isn't really a substance to take lightly for beginners.Please think about this!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:14

Male

yes, thanks for the concern, swim has read up on it quite a lot. Swim has been doing weed for almost 2 years, as well as dxm for 6 months. Not to mention the occasional alcohol, so my body will be quite used to any euphoric events
Old 05-07-2007, 04:18
Silver Member

35 y/o Male

Diphenhydramine is very different from weed,alcohol,or even dxm.As long as swiy has researched and follows some basic safety measures he should be okay.Ofcourse be prepared swiy may not enjoy diphenhydramine much,many people do not.Alot of people seem to take it once at a recreational level and never again.
Old 05-07-2007, 14:19

Male
stoveandshoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Now, SWIM may be very tolerant, as always your mileage may vary.

SWIM thinks that dosage range should help you sleep pretty well. Also, SWIM finds it similar to being drunk.
Old 06-07-2007, 16:58

Male

edited-- new post follows

Last edited by nononono15; 06-07-2007 at 17:25.
Old 06-07-2007, 17:18

Male

swim did 250mg last night, didnt feel anytihng except feeling heavy when swim stood up and felt a little shaky as swim walked. swim didn't notice any hallucinations.. swim thought he saw a few black dots fly across the room, but didnt know if they existed or not.. or if he thought he witnessed a hallucination knowing that he was on the drug.
Old 07-07-2007, 17:03
Gold Member

Male from United States
chrisn really adds to the discussion.chrisn really adds to the discussion.chrisn really adds to the discussion.chrisn really adds to the discussion.chrisn really adds to the discussion.chrisn really adds to the discussion.
Points: 707, Level: 4 Points: 707, Level: 4 Points: 707, Level: 4

For SWIM, there are quite clear signs that he is actually tripping off of diphenhydramine, these may or may not be experienced by other swims:

- increased texture on the walls, sometimes the texture moves on its own accord
- walking into a room with a different amount of light then the previous room causes swim's vision to "fade" to that light level
- short-term memory becomes terrible
- random, unusual things will pop into swim's head at random times
- terrible cottonmouth

At higher dosages, dreams start to invade reality and things get more crazy.

250mg isn't bound to have too many effects, I recommend 400-450mg next time.
Old 20-12-2012, 05:37

Male from United States
Dreamscape1896 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

100mg of this drug can actually be very relaxing!
I took 100mg myself about 15 minutes ago, and though I do not feel effects yet, I usually start to feel the effects around 30 minutes, and they peak at an hour. They'll last for about 3-4 hours, unless of course you fall asleep, which is hard not to do within the first hour of its peak.

100mgs is perfect for relaxation as long as you do not have a high tolerance. I actually used this drug a lot at the beginning of the summer - don't anymore, only now and then when I just feel like ingesting something that makes me feel like a brick before I go to sleep, loll, but I noticed when I was taking it every night, tolerance to the overt effects such as feeling like a complete brick and that weird unbalanced feeling subsided within like a few uses, maybe four, but the ability for it to make me fall asleep stayed a lot longer, though that even eventually wasn't as good. Then I stopped.

100mgs on no to moderate tolerance will give you a bit of euphoria which is very nice - peaceful, relaxing, mind-numbing though a bit creative. You'll just want to sit in relaxation forever, and eventually you will dose off. Never tried anything higher, though thinking maybe I will try a 150 or 175mg dose - heard this can be even more enjoyable without crossing into tripping territory. I don't know, like its moderate effects for relaxation but don't know if I'm up for a deliriant trip - -
Old 30-12-2012, 07:20
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
ChefBoyarTee is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

100mg with no tolerance can produce slightly euphoric and relaxing feelings in some individuals. At this dosage level though the most notable feeling though tends to be that of sedation, which if one has been up for several hours is often strong enough to them to sleep. However in some people DPH has been known to cause hyperactivity and restlessness at the recomended doses, though I am assuming this is rare or fairly uncommon since I have never seen or heard of this happening outside of published documents. So if the individual has never taken DPH they may experience the opposite of a good nights sleep but this is unlikely.

50mg is the medically recomended dose for use as a sleep aid, and such a dose is just as effective IMHO as 100mg for an individual without tolerance just looking to get a good nights sleep. Though 100mg may be needed depending on the individual.

When one ups to dosage from beyond 150mg it tends to produce much more profound physical side effects and sedation along with a distinctive mental and body high. However 400+mg is when delirium almost always sets in at individuals without a tolerance, though it sometimes can happen at lower dosages even with those who did not become delirious with such a high dose. (This substance is very unpredicable when used for recreational "trips")
Old 30-12-2012, 09:50

23 y/o Male from United States
fourtysevenpercent is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Well I'll be the third newbie to bump a 5 year old thread... right.. do I remember correctly? 5 year old thread? LOL that's against forum way of life...

Anyways, FUCK 100mg of DPH

I take a half 25mg for allergies. Sometimes I get restless leg syndrome feelings, and it can happen in my arms too. Rarely does that ever happen at this dose. Usually relieves my allergies so well I feel dry and ready to take on the pollen.

25mg and I can almost always get that effect, about 75% of the time. I have no clue why sometimes it kicks in more and "my muscles have RLS effects and feelings". Also, kind of stoned feelings. Sometimes its hard to sleep at this dose or higher. I can build myself a tolerance quickly though, and this is beneficial as 25mg will help me sleep with no side effects WITH a tolerance. Tolerance also produces "addiction" style "I need it again to sleep, fuck and I'm gonna do it again tomorrow aren't I?".

50mg and it's guaranteed to feel like that, I have to smoke medical cannabis to help. It usually fucks me from sleeping too. Usually if I take this high of a dose, it's because I took 25mg earlier and it just 'kept me up and stoned so I might as well take another 25mg'. When that additional 25mg kicks in, I'm not really enjoying myself. It makes me feel terrible in my muscles. Like RSL everywhere. IDK WTF it is.

I have tried high doses before, MAYBE around 500-1000mg. I remember eating plenty of pink pills with my cousin when I was younger, never enjoyed the trips. Finally tried a really high dose and it gave me that RSL so bad I like... UGH DPH makes me sick sometimes. I hate the way it feels. It's so weird, because I can vaporize 5F noids off of foil but DPH makes me sick? (sick in the mind about it, ya know, it just feels nasty).....

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, benadryl, cannabis, cocaine, dipenhydramine, diphenhydramin, diphenhydramine, diphenhydramine dose, diphenhydramine dosing, drugs-forum, hydrochloride, sleep aid, sleep aids, sleeping aid, weed