Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 10-11-2004, 09:30
A very strange person.

Male from United States
Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Why do people do ritalin.

What is it anout ritalin that people find so appealing?

I mean, I just don't get it., but then I've never been
into antidepressants.
Old 10-11-2004, 13:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

psyko79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Well, those who have ADD would surely find it useful. But if you were talking about recreationally, well I would never do it but my friend took many of them to get a high, and he told me it's like really strong speed. I don't think it's really good on the body.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:50

WhiteRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2
Ritalin is not a anti-depressant by the way, like psyko79 said its prescribed for Attention Deficet Dissorder, concentration. But I didnt have any recreational success w/ it.
Old 11-11-2004, 20:45
Silver Member

Male
Curtains is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 582, Level: 3 Points: 582, Level: 3 Points: 582, Level: 3
i dunno i usually just take if i know i want to be up all night and u just sorta feel happy on it
Old 11-11-2004, 23:22

28 y/o Male
Dr. Shadow should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2
ritalin sux better snort some columbian instead

Post Quality Evaluations:
Pointless one line comment
Old 12-11-2004, 01:18

Jonaz3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
People take ritalin, the same reason people smoke pot, or even (the not so bright ones) sniff paint. People take recreational drugs to get the recreational high. Ritalin is closely related to amphetamine in effects, but its pharmaceutical action is very similiar to cocaines. Its probably the least potent out of the recreational speed highs. I have experimented with ritalin to find its prime effects last aprox. 3 hours when orally ingested. Compared to adderall ritalin is a smoother ride, with less comedown, but is noticably less potent than adderall. Adderall being a true amphetamine has more of a body buzz and stronger euphoria than ritalin. Despite the belief ritalin is bullshit, it is most definately recreational. If you had bad luck with it, maybe you just don't enjoy the effects, or your body may take a few dose adjustments to reach desirable effects. Iv enjoyed it a few times, but for any amphetamine, if you overdo it or use too frequently, it can and will turn you into an emotionless piece of shit stuck in a 6 foot hole. Ritalin is also water soluble meaning it can permeate the mucous membranes making it snortable if desired. Ritalin snorted lasts a shorter duration but the effects peak quicker and are stronger. Be warned the dose gets in your blood faster, so start with small doses and give breaks between lines. Give time for absorbsion so one sec your happy the next you think your having a heart attack and death is close behind. Iv been there also, trust me, you never want to od on amphets. It is the harshes,and most psychologically, and possibly physically deteriorating state. It can take u into some bad ass depression as well. Not to mention not being able to sleep for days becuase your heart is pounding and ur body's moving 100 miles n hour but ur brain is ready to sleep. its like trying to sleep during a concert. Overall amphetamines and ritalin can be life destroying if abused too often or in too high of doses. Longterm abuse basically puts your body in a food proccessor and spits you out. The longer you go the worse condition you come out. If you even come out. And if ur body isn't breaking down after a while, your mind will start to slip. Amphetamine psychosis is a widely documented known fact resulting from longterm use. Basically u slip into this world in your head, where people are out to get you, you might have sever panic attacks, become psychotic, antisocial, suicidal, and the best part is getting full blown hallucinations of horrobile horrible shit. Like bugs crawling around, people laughing, wierd voices. Just crazy shit. Just respect your body, never overdo it(its never worth it), and always in MODERATION. If you feel you have an overly addictive personality you might want to steer clear of uppers. Or they might get you around the neck if your not careful.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good post
Old 12-11-2004, 04:16

serotonin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1

Jonaz, i certainly know what you are talking about. I have been there myself. I have done at least a bathtub full of ritalin (and no, im not proud). I used to snort that stuff all day, every day. I did an entire prescription in 3 days. I didn't sleep for over 120 hours, didn't eat either. i lost so much weight.

ritalin is not bullshit, it can get you incredably high, i have been higher on ritalin that i have on ecstasy (and i do alot of good e). It is really an awful thing however. tolerance and physical dependance are way above what you would expect from a "safe" drug. I know i have developed heart problems because of ritalin. The stuff is just awful. some of the comedowns i have been through were hell, worse than e or coke.

ritalin is silly, and you will only regret it.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:48
Silver Member

Male from Canada
markdahman is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 624, Level: 3 Points: 624, Level: 3 Points: 624, Level: 3
**Deleted**

Last edited by markdahman; 22-09-2006 at 15:27.
Old 12-11-2004, 20:39

Tinkerton is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
First reason: it's fun! If you take the right dosage, the effect
is very close to methamphetamine, but not quite as good as desoxyn or
adderall. It makes me feel like I want to focus my energies in
the very best, most responsible ways, and provides the motivation to do
so.
Old 13-11-2004, 06:49
A very strange person.

Male from United States
Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7
Thanks Tinkerton!

That' really clears things up.
I guess I could have worded topic post better, but I
get too tired to write & think sometimes (like now!).

Hell, i'm going to sleep.
Old 15-11-2004, 00:20

whitetrain should review received reputation comments.
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
it can be fun if you snort it or take high doses, especially since i can't snort coke or ice at school
Old 16-11-2004, 20:01
Silver Member

Bodhisattva500 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3

ritalin is pretty intense when snorted. The effects areextremely eupohoric for a few hours but the crash is horrible. I felt like i couldnt move and was to lazy to change tothe channel on my tv.
Old 18-11-2004, 01:20

Koshh is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just looking for a way to extract the methylphenidate from all of that other crap that burns my nose so much and saw "why do people do ritalin?" and sinceI have just snorted 60 mgs of the stuffI figure thatI can answer that question.

I have no idea if you can get high off of the stuff by popping a bunch of them. I prefer to snort things, and snort whenI can. I wouldn't dare waste my precious prescription by eating a handfull of them and then hoping that they get me high.

When I snort the shit if I am coming down from a coke binge my desire for cocaine is alleviated and replaced by a more easily satisfied hunger for ritalin. When I'm coming down from what usually ends up being a ritalin binge I feel none of the self loathing, regret, and general depression that I get from lacking cocaine. I wake up the next day, night, morning, or whatever feeling refreshed and having no particular desire to do either drug. So one reason I snort ritalin is to deal with cocaine withdrawl.

Ritalin on its own feels very good. My entire body, all of the nerves, the skin, my hair roots, and even my brain seem alive withthe pleasureable hum I sometimes get some time after doing the last rail of blow for the nightand before the animal-like hunger for more kicks in. I feel light headed but the sensation isn't in any way overwhelming. Furthermore my mood is great. I prefer this sort of low intensity high to stronger ones (like huffing gas or ether, or smoking weed (whichI don't do!), or drinking cough syrup, or rolling on ecstacy)

This 60mgs has impaired my motor skills slightly, and makes me feel more at peace with myself. My thoughts are fast but not jumbled (at least not like they are when I'm sobre) and I'm generallymore considerate to other peopleand their feelings and all that stuff (whichI am definitely not when I'm sobre.)

My ability to focus on a single task is increased, as well as my motivation to do things. SobreI would not have spent the time to write this, and ifI had,I would have done so watching a movie and chatting on some network or playing a game.

Not much elseI can think of for effects... Hope that helped
Old 18-11-2004, 02:10
Silver Member

ritalins fun, but adderal is better. and dexedrine is the best.
Old 18-11-2004, 02:56

Koshh is an unknown quantity at this point
i've never had dexedrine or adderal.
what's better about them?
Old 18-11-2004, 15:57
Silver Member

the drug in ritalin is methylphenidate. It has a amphetimine backbone but is more complex, and seems to be less euphoric with a bigger crash. there are two different types of amphetmines in adderal. l-amphetimine and d-amphetimine. d- amphetimine is considered to be more euphoric and pure. Dexedrine is purely d-amphtetimine and i findit to be very very euphoric. plus with both adderal and dexedrine their seems to be no intense crash. the drug very slowly wears off and i find it hard to sleep but their is no intense crash
Old 18-11-2004, 15:59
Silver Member

oh yes i forgot dexedrine and adderal are all prescribed for ADD and ADHD. adderal sometimes comes in big 30 mg pills that are mixed with sugars and they taste sweet like candy. they even look like a big sweet tart. Awesome!
Old 04-12-2004, 21:54

LuvsToSmokeDust should review received reputation comments.
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Because it gets you high.

I used to snort 150mg.s three times a day and by night time I'd be so strung the f#ck out I'd be trying to slow down my breathing with the fear someone could hear it.

By the second time you get commited to a psych-ward you should know better.
Old 08-08-2006, 14:34
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
SWIM finds ritalin to have effects simlar to cocaine. Like... cheap, gross, super cut dirty cocaine. Either way, though... SWIM enjoys it once in a while... or more like when he can't get adderalls! (those are just the best.. SWIM likes amphetamine better than cocaine [which he hasn't touched in over a year, thank you, thank you. Too much money and SWIM was spiraling out of control])
Old 11-08-2006, 00:55

Female
Metternich is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
why? Swim loves it because it's ridiculously cheap and easy to find. Swim would like to try coke, but since Swim doesn't like to ask around they're kind of out of luck. For for the high and for the dollar Ritalin is worth it money wise.

Swim has ADD, and Swim can say that Ritalin does help them in that department when taken as suggested. However, when not taken for a high Swim does stay up all night without feeling sick like caffiene would make them, making it a useful study drug. Swim could easily get a prescription for things like Adderall or Dexys, but Swim doesn't trust themself to not abuse what could help them, or to not become addicted to a regular supply. It's better if Swim bums limited quantities of Ritalin off friends for occasional use.
Old 11-08-2006, 00:56

Female
Metternich is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
"Swim can say that Ritalin does NOT help them"

sorry.
Old 11-08-2006, 00:58
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
why?
Read one of SWIMS posts from last night or the day before
SWIM loves the stuff!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:34
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from USA - Maryland
eltimmy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1
SWIM prefers methylphenidate to amphetamine these days because amphetamine is far more toxic to your brain. However, he generally takes neither -- these days.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:37
Gold Member

Male from United States
SWIM likes ritalin for goofing off on occassion. He finds Adderall very good to get things done, but lately more 'subtle' to SWIM, untill he looks back on the experience and realize how jacked he was. Kinda strange.
If SWIM had to choose between a handfull of the two he would probably try and talk his way into getting half of each. Put it that way.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:26
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4
Methylphenidate is a dopamine-reuptake inhibitor, and competes for the same binding sites as cocaine in the brain. Like cocaine, methylphenidate rapidly clears from the brain, despite plasma levels remaining high while this happens. For SWIM, methylphenidate oral 120 milligrams or 60 milligrams insufflulated (sp) provides a clean, smooth euphoric ride. Speedy but a lot cleaner than amphetamine.

Share this on:

Tags
binge, drugs-forum, ritalin, things to do, withdrawals