Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 25-07-2005, 15:04
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

BrandonAA needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 291, Level: 2 Points: 291, Level: 2 Points: 291, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Temazepam Experiences

last night i did quite a bit of research on the recreational benefits of this drug. i had gotten quite differant views from each side of the spectrum. anyhow so i swallowed 3 30mg yellow capsules, and within 20 minutes i could definantly feel the beginnings of a nice benzo high. but the time an hour had past i had drank two beers and it was starting to work very well, not a good as xanax but definantly better than valium i think. so around +1:30mins i dosed 3 15mg orange capsules, washed down with more beer. i probally had about 4-5 beers, (molsenxxx7.5%alc, and budice5.5.%alc) but i was fucked. literally nice benzo buzz yet still in control. definantly had my inhibitions lowered substantually, i was playing guitar and singing around a fire with friends at a get together. at one point i really wanted "to go do some crazy shit", the same feeling i get everytime i get fucked on benzos. anyway i have 4 more 30mg yellow caps saved for another time and i'll post that experiance too. thanks for reading
Old 26-07-2005, 18:50

also this drug really messed with my coordination, i tried skateboarding and it was fucking impossible to keep balanced. i fell face forward and fucking scratched and bruised my arm and leg. also i could tell it was starting to mess with my memory as well, as some events (about 2hrs after dosing, my peak)are kinda fuzzy.
Old 28-07-2005, 09:20

34 y/o Male
mark_v is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Temazepam and Xanax are one of the few benzo's i've tried ( and i i've triend many) that did nothing to me.

The most Temaz. i took at once were 6 30 mg caps, and after an hour all i felt was a bit sleepy...

Same with Xanax, a dose lower then 2.5 mg does nothing to me.

And 10 mg of valium, and i'm skyhigh !

Weird, isn't it ?!

Old 28-07-2005, 17:19

i do like valium but it has been a few years. i used to eat like 3 or 4 and drink a bottle of champagne. it definantly had me high, but not like the fucked up effect of xanax.

i think the thing is is that anyone can just pass out (fall asleep) when they take benzos, it is a matter of how you react to the buzz. its not about faking a high, its about learning to utilize every piece of it and tweeking it to your standards. granted some drugs do effect differant people in differant ways, for example alot of people say coke, meth, ecstacy make them social, confident and horny. i don't get any of those feelings (well, social from e) in fact i get introverted, anxious and totally not horny from them, however i get those same feelings from benzos and opiates while other people just crash out.

i hope that made sense
Old 06-08-2005, 20:14
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
cartex12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
i took 2 30mg pills of temapazam recently and the next thing i knew i
woke up on the floor of my t.v. room at 7 am. not really fun 4 me any
tips. also i find that as far as sleeping pills go ambien is the most
fun take 30 mg of that and you'll be really fucked up. also its not
hard to stay awake when your on it.

and i thought it was supposed to be really dangerous to mix alcohol with temapazam.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:52

sounds like you are sensitive to downers in general. yea you definantly don't wanna drink with any benzo, but i sure do! seriously though if you are experianced and know your body its okay (sort of).

but in your case cartex, considering you passed out (literally) with no recollection from 60mg of Temazepam,shows that you should NEVER mix benzos with alcohol.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:19

Male from United States
Zandorf is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1
i've had a few 30mn caps in my day. definately my least favourite benzo
out of ativan, xanax, valium and k-pin. found it weak and of
little use other than a sleep aid. if i come across a cheap one these
days i save them for the tail end of E/phen/speed experiences since
those all tend to keep me up much longer than the average person.<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Old 12-08-2005, 05:05

Tweaker is an unknown quantity at this point
temazepam is only good for sleep, ive NEVER got high from temazepam, EVER!
Old 04-09-2005, 21:03

Male
dopenose77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Temazepam Experiences

I was prescribed temazepam for insomnia not too long ago. worked well for sleep, not so much for recreation. When i took them during the day they'd last for a few hours, but the effect werent really enjoyable, just really tired and out of it.
Old 07-10-2005, 20:15

valdez18 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
temazepam is one of my favorite benzos. its got a little more warmth to it like diazepam. however, i normally end up taking around 60-90mg for a good time. you probably wont feel much off a low dose like 30mg.
Old 17-10-2005, 02:47
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4

My first experience with Temazepam was last night. For any recreational use i would have to say that 30mg and up is needed. Temazepam is a very intersting drug, just like all benzodiazepines. It sounds like to me, a good benzodiazepine for you would be Clonazepam, which is commonly prescribed for panic-attacks along as a sleeping aid. Hope everything works out well for you.

Old 09-11-2005, 20:48

Male from United Kingdom
tshady is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
its the best you get if you ask me i have taken it for around 15 years on and off the gel ones are the best they got banned in the uk around 9 years ago ,u only get tablet ones here now .
Old 25-01-2006, 16:37
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Thoughts on temazepam (Restoril)

Temazepam (Restoril) comes up in discussion every now and then around here. It seems like some people see it as a weak and useless benzo while others see it as one of the best benzos available. I'd like to share my opinion on the subject. I have tried several benzos: alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam, diazepam, temazepam and chlordiazepoxide. Most of those I've tried on several different occasions. I've only tried temazepam once (30mgs) and chloridazepoxide twice. My single experience with temazepam was amazingly powerful compared to the feeling I'd gotten with other benzos. It was like I had taken 6mg of alprazolam.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor. I had been on Ambien for 4 months and I was ready to give it up for something new. He prescribed me 60 temazepam 15mgs each. Last night I took 2 of them and felt the most intense benzo feeling ever. Two hours later, I took another 30mg and couldn't believe the power. Temazepam is an amazing benzodiazepine. It is the most intoxicating and sedating benzo I've tried, hands down. Does anyone else have anything to share reguarding temazepam intensity? Does anyone not like temazepam? What does temazepam do for you?
Old 26-01-2006, 02:23
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4
I Swim likes his temazepam. I do find they get you the most fucked up but in a nice way.
Old 26-01-2006, 20:42
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
There is one problem with temazepam, I've decided. It has a biphasic half-life, with the short half-life something like .4-.6 hours. The long half-life is like 16 or so hours. I can definatly tell there are two phases to the drugs intensity. I can feel the intense high going away quickly but there is a definate benzo sedation that remains. I haven't encountered such a thing with any other drug. It seems like most other drugs have a single phase of action. I wish the intense feeling would last longer!
Old 28-01-2006, 19:09
Gold Member

29 y/o Male from United States
jduba is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2
hands down was my fav in the good ol days!!!!!! intese but very smooth and not overwealming or edgy high at all. great with a beer and a blunt and to just cool out on after a long day or just to start one
Old 13-02-2006, 21:20
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
Temazepam + Alcohol=bad mix?!

SWIM just experienced a sad thing. SWIM hungout with her bestfriend last nite. Last nite around 7:00 SWIM and her friend took some DXM. SWIM took around 390mg and her friend took around 590mg, which is quite alot. SWIM and her friend had a good nite, crazy, fun, and all of that.Then today, SWIM's friend got 6 15mg Temazepam, because the friend is prescribed to them. SWIM took 30mg Temazepam and her friend took 60mg. Both SWIM and her friend have experienced Temazepam a few times before, so both know how it works and what to expect and knows what to feel. Anyways, more to the point, SWIM who took only 30mg. didn't drink any alcohol or have anything else in her body excepct the Temazepam. But SWIM's friend drank about 5 or 6 shots of Crown Royal and all the sudden turned into a whole different person. The friend because mean and totally lost in a reality of his own. He said creul things to SWIM while slurring his speech and was lossing all of his motorskills. SWIM doesn't understand her how exactly her friend felt that "drunk" by just 5 shots of Alcohol, but it was a bad experience to see. The things the friend said were totally not what he would say normally, it hurt SWIM's feelings alot. Usually, SWIM and the friend get along wonderful, been bestfriends for 2 years and have never fault like this or anything. Ofcourse SWIM knows her friend wouldn't of said these things or acted how he did if it wasn't for the drugs, but SWIM and her friend has done many different benzo's and drank Alcohol, but it's never been a bad experiece like this? Is mixing Alcohol with temazepam worse than mixing Alcohol with other benzo's such as alprazolam (xanax) or Clonazepam, or Valium, or any benzo for that matter? Anyone ever experienced Temazepam and Alcohol and gotten out of control?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good Post its important to bring out the risks as well as the rewards.
Old 13-02-2006, 22:43
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Benzodiazepines and alcohol are mutually potentiating. Read: 1 becomes 3. This mixture can be very dangerous. People have died or become comatose vegetables as a result. NOT suggested. A famous case in the newspapers was Karen Anne Quinlan, who spent years on life-support from a cocktail of valium and gin.

Regards becoming a beast from being the equivalent of very drunk, there is a beast in all of us. It really depends on the internal psychology of the individual whether this part becomes prevalent after drink or whatever. Generally it is best that if this happens commonly following drink - the person should avoid alcohol or ??? To continue tends to result in ending up in court. Or jail.
Old 13-12-2006, 12:41

76 y/o Male
Mr Charisma is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: First time benzo use - Temazepam - General Advice, Dosage, etc..

SWIM took 3x10mg temazapam (and a single standard glass of alcohol ) and noted feeling warm and relaxed considering their previous mood. Motor skills began slipping after about 45 minutes and mentioned that everything seemed to look crisper than before. Pain seemingly went away from their calves which had developed from excercise earlier in the day. SWIM now enjoyed stretching them out and relaxing them. Became quite clumsy (walking into corners of doors, dropping SWIM's notebook whilst they wrote notes etc) at about the hour mark but still remained able to focus well on ONE thing at a time when required.
Seemingly lacking any inhibition or common sense, SWIM decided, (against everyones advice to take 3x10mg more.) Went out, had a smoke and became quite dizzy (possibly because they don't usually smoke) and probably 30 or so minutes later mentioned feeling like a very warm sleepy drunk... soon after that they cannot remember anything else and the writing in their notes became too messy to read! They woke up about 7 hours later, still feeling tired. They then clumsily went to work fixing the house roof.

Well, SWIM believes that their experience could assist anyone else of similar first time circumstance. SWIM just wishes they hadn't fallen asleep so early in the evening!

Good luck all, and thanks for all the help!

Last edited by Jatelka; 24-05-2007 at 11:09. Reason: tidying after new thread creation
Old 18-12-2006, 21:12
Gold Member

Male
Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.
Points: 1,787, Level: 6 Points: 1,787, Level: 6 Points: 1,787, Level: 6
Temazepam's Effects on Dreams

SWIM recently visited his doctor and was prescribed some antibiotics to cure his strep throat. While there, he also mentioned that he was having trouble sleeping due to his symptoms (SWIM even used up the rest of his lorazepam the night before to try to fall asleep, but to no avail). SWIM's doctor prescribed him some temazepam.

That night SWIM took 30mg of temazepam to help him fall asleep. About 45 minutes to an hour after taking the pill, SWIM felt a slight loss of inhibitions, a loss of balance, and a pleasant, drowsy feeling. Nothing spectacular, as it was a somewhat low dose. SWIM smoked a little cannabis before going to bed, and fell asleep about 30 minutes later.

While SWIM was sleeping, he had incredibly vivid dreams. SWIM has experienced lucid dreaming on zopiclone before, but this was different. When SWIM was dreaming under the influence of temazepam, he had no idea that he was dreaming. Remember those cartoons where one of the characters would be dreaming, and then wake up and go about his day, only to wake up again and realize that that was also just a dream? That's exactly what SWIM's dream was like. This probably happened 2 or 3 times before SWIM actually woke up.

When SWIM woke up he felt a little drowsy, but this went away after a little while.

SWIM is interested to learn if SWIY has experienced any similar effects while taking temazepam?
Old 19-12-2006, 05:51

28 y/o Male
Noyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Temazepam's Effects on Dreams

SWIM sometimes feels that he can remember his dreams better after taking his temazepam to go to sleep, since SWIM usually never remembers his dreams. But he hasn't had any particularly odd dreams to his knowledge.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:04
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Temazepam Experiences

Please post experiences with Temazepam here
Old 09-07-2007, 08:28

Male from United States
tayo probably knows what they are talking about.tayo probably knows what they are talking about.tayo probably knows what they are talking about.tayo probably knows what they are talking about.tayo probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,386, Level: 5 Points: 1,386, Level: 5 Points: 1,386, Level: 5
Re: Temazepam Experiences

Lump had a bottle of 15mg Restoril and decided it would be fun to go out to parties while under the influence of it. Lump took a couple pills once friends arrived and he brought the bottle along, Lump remembers taking the two, getting into a car and leaving starting to feel good and telling the friends something like "no one has ever died off of benzos alone" it's fine to take two.
Now this is where the amnesia takes hold. So the real story began when Lump was told about the events of the night the next day.
Lump woke up late in the day, agitated, yelling at the household nag, and storming around for no good reason. Lump went to the kick it room and found the bottle of temazepam that had previously been nearly full with probably about 10 pills left in it, out of about 60. They were also spilt all over the floor, under the couch and there was a trail from the door to the couch.
Lump was pissed now, Lump KNEW that his friends had taken it! While in crazy agitation mode Lump called and accused those he had been with that night of stealing... This continued for probably a week. They kept reassuring Lump that he just kept poppin em all night and was drinking beer all night, Lump had even met people and gone to a few parties! Lump came around and believed them eventually, but could not believe so many pills had been devoured! Lump is very regretful of ever mixing alcohol with benzos just because of the risks. Don't do it! Temazepam is a great sleeping pill, but seems to have poor recreational value. At a dose of 15mg for anxiety, along with 15mg dextroamphetamine for ADHD, Lump decided temazepam worked well for a first semester sensory overloaded college student, and it is a great sleeping pill.

There are various photos of Lump at parties; "talking" to a girl (more like slurring), blank faced, and pouring out a beer.... here's a chunk of that photo.. if only the blank expression on Lump's face could be included.

beer.jpg
You get the idea... right?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:19
Gold Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.
Points: 1,455, Level: 5 Points: 1,455, Level: 5 Points: 1,455, Level: 5
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Swim has had temazepam 30mg capsules regularly prescribed for about 1 1/2 years to use for occasional insomnia. Swim is just greatful that the dr. is willing to prescribe them to swim so swim has tried really hard not to abuse them. Most bottles swim got, he took as directed. However on Christmas Eve, swim remembers feeling bummed out and took maybe 3 or 4 30mg pills. The next thing swim remembers is not Christmas Eve, but the following night. Swim found an empty pill bottle of his room. The amnesia made sense to swim, however the bottle had contained x25 30mg pills 24 hours ago and swim did not believe it possible that he had consumed all of those pills. He searched and searched but no pills turned up... all old bottles were empty. It was reported that swim was seen eating pills at his family Christmas during the afternoon Christmas day and that swim was slurring his words a bit. Swim ended up falling asleep at his relatives house and when he woke up, he was now aware of what was going on around him, but with no memory of the past 18 hours. Apparently swim must have taken the 750mg of temazepam over an 18 hour period, impossible as it seems. Luckily for swim temazepam is a shorter acting benzo. It was just strange because swim could not believe he could have taken that many pills and still be alive. Of course for swim to have had amnesia that long, it would have required a fairly sizeable amount. Swim coulnd't believe that he would have pulled a stunt like this when he had always taken the pills as prescribed for about a year before that.

DO NOT ever take that much temazepam as it would be very dangerous for the average person... well any person really.

The first time swim took temazepam it was a dose of 30mg and it hit him quite hard. Even now, swim almost never exceeds 60mg. Aside from that one act of stupidity, swim has developed a certain fondness for 60mg doses. A 60mg dose will take effect very quickly, usually swim can feel the effects in as little as 15 minutes and it will make him quite talkative, completely alleviating his social anxiety. It is important to note that swim has developed a tolerance to the drug and originally achieved similar results with 1 pill (30mg).
Old 13-10-2007, 15:59

39 y/o Male
michael1 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI swimm bought 60 15mg restoril temazepam capsules online from an american pharmacy swimm took 1 15mg temazepam capsule and it felt great he had closed eyes hallucinations he thought 2 guys were talkin to one another it didnt last long so swimm is oin to up his dose to 60mg restoril maybe after some magic mushrooms mixed with alcohol.

Share this on:

Tags
intravenous injection, temazepam, temazepam experiences