Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > LSA seeds
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

LSA seeds LSA containing seeds like Morning Glory, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Rivea corymbosa

Old 20-05-2007, 22:05
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
bananachewie should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Cold Water Extraction of Morning Glory Seeds

I've read various types of extraction (never tried the alcohol extraction), and I'm interested in cold water extraction. I realize someone on here will probably give me shit and tell me to go read more information about it. Well, the truth is that i have,maybe I'm just thick, but i certainly have and I need some constructive input. So if you tell me just to go read more shit and offer no input, then thats no help to anyone. Anyways, I'm done with my defensive ranting.

Here's one method I've found. Has anyone tried it or does it sound like it would work with positive results?

"Factors that will destroy LSA or otherwise mess up the extraction include light, chlorine, heat, possibly other impurities in the water, too much time, too little time, poor filtration, poor grinding, etc. To make sure that no impurities in the water like chlorine will destroy the LSA, use distilled water, or at least boil some water and let it cool until it is cold. The water should be cold. If it is warm, it might dissolve a small amount of the bad stuff and heat will also destroy the LSA. The colder it is, the more the extraction is limited to the most polar compounds. Room temp is probably okay. Do not expose the ground seeds to very much light. Light destroys LSA. You want to filter well to avoid retaining fine mush in suspension in the water. Extract for about 20 minutes.

I will lay out my favorite and simplest method here:

Supplies needed:

seeds

1 glass

20 ounces of distilled water

1 large (family size) empty tea bag or 2-3 smaller ones

Coffee grinder

spoon

bowl

a sifter or splatter screen or something
similar

paper towels

stapler

a touch of liquid hand soap

Procedure:

1. Remove seeds from bags and count the number you would like to use (I recommend at least 400, and at most 600 for the first time)

2. Wash whole seeds briefly to remove any fungicides or other seed coatings. Do this by putting the seeds into a bowl and covering with some cold water. Put just a touch of hand soap in the water. Work the seeds around in the bowl with your fingers for about 10-20 seconds.

3. Rinse seeds. Put them in the sifter or on the splatter screen and rinse with cold tap water until all the soap is gone. (It is probably a good idea not to have them in the water too long, as the water might get into the seeds and remove a little of the alkaloids.)

4. Dry seeds. Do NOT use a blowdryer! Dry them well with paper towels.

5. Once they are dry, grind them pretty thoroughly in a coffee grinder, but not to the point of a fine powder. You want the black seed hulls to remain a little coarse.

6. Put the grounds into the empty tea bags and then staple the tea bags shut. Leave some breathing room in each bag since, when wet, the seed mush will expand and might break the bag if it is too full.

7. Put the tea bags into the glass which you have filled with cold distilled water.

8. Aid the extraction by getting the water into the mush. Some will tend to clump and remain in an air pocket. Use the spoon to submerge the bags and to squeeze them gently against the side of the glass. Also, you can lift and dunk the bags repeatedly to help extract the LSA.

9. Leave glass to sit in a cool dark place for ten minutes with spoon on top of bags to keep them submerged if they are trying to float.

10. Go back and work on the bags some more with the spoon. Be careful not to tear the bag. If you do tear it and mush leaks out, you will have to filter the water.

11. Leave glass to sit for another ten minutes.

12. Work with spoon some more and then remove the bags and squeeze most of the water that remains in them into the glass.

13. DISCARD BAGS! THROW THEM IN THE TRASH! THE SEED MUSH IS TRASH!

14. Drink water.

I am not too sure if it helps or not, but on some occasions I put a few squirts of lemon juice into the water to acidify it, possibly aiding alkaloid solubility."

Thanks.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Works, especially with lemon juice.
One of the easiest an well explained LSA extractions ive seen.
Old 20-05-2007, 22:08
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Cold Water Extraction

Yes, that should most certainly work. I also highly suggest putting in the squirts of lemon juice to acidify the water.
Old 20-05-2007, 22:19

Male
Re: Cold Water Extraction of Morning Glory Seeds

Will the nausea be pronounced? Last time SWIM did it (not with this method) SWIM vomited like a mother but SWIM's friend didnt and tripped pretty hard.

Last edited by Bajeda; 21-05-2007 at 08:56. Reason: see text in all caps
Old 21-05-2007, 08:56
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute

There shouldn't be much, if any, nausea with this method of ingestion.
Old 27-05-2007, 07:23

29 y/o Male
Caderayx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

Does it have to be distilled water or will any type of water work? (such as bottled or tap water)
Old 27-05-2007, 11:32
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States

No tap water. What you want to avoid is any chlorine that will degrade the lysergic acid amides.
Old 30-05-2007, 19:42
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United Kingdom
k-explorer is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 251, Level: 2 Points: 251, Level: 2 Points: 251, Level: 2

Phew, this sounds much easier than the alcohol method that SWIM was just reading about.

Do the seeds need to be in teabags or can you put them straight in the water and keep stirring them?
Old 31-05-2007, 00:15
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States

You will want to strain out the seed bits at some point I'd imagine, so swiy should either use the tea bag method or just strain the liquid after leaving time for extraction.
Old 31-05-2007, 00:16

Male
swim is trying it tonight. so i guess ill find out if it works or not.tea bags btw.

Edit:It didn't work. But Swim didnt follow the process very closely.Didn't use like really cold water and Swim accidently let it sit for like an hour and a half.

Last edited by Bajeda; 01-06-2007 at 22:48.
Old 01-06-2007, 22:31
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States

Did swiy acidify the water? Also does he know how old the seeds were? Sometimes they can lose potency very fast it seems.
Old 01-06-2007, 22:37

Male

Yeah i put 3 or 4 drops of lemon juice in the water. the seeds were just bought from the store. It sounds really dumb but Swim didnt use cold water. The distilled water had just been laying around in the jug.Could this have affected it?

And I let it sit for about an hour and a half as opposed to twenty minutes. What do you think the threshold is for the lsa (time wise)?
Old 01-06-2007, 22:50
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States

I am not exactly sure what the optimal infusion time is for MG seeds really.

While swiy had just got the seeds from the store, sometimes the seeds have been sitting around at the location you buy them for a time. Plus different strains of seeds or even batches of seeds within the same strain can have varying levels of alkaloid content. This makes it tricky to gauge what the best batch of seeds is to procure.
Old 02-06-2007, 22:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
ljfe is a decent psychonaut.ljfe is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Morning Glory, Cold Water Extraction...My Experiences

SWIM has had a lot of bad luck with Morning Glories. The first two attemps, SWIM ate the seeds and threw up. The second time, SWIM washed them for twenty minutes. Both made SWIM puke. This was a disipointment, but both times SWIM experienced a trippy sickness. After SWIM thew up, he felt amazing.

Just recently, SWIM looked into the extraction of LSA. SWIM contemplated either using the naptha and alcohol extraction, or a simple cold water extraction. After reading strong statements against naptha, SWIM decided to go the simpler, cleaner way.

Using 200 seeds, SWIM performed a two hour water extraction. The seeds were washed with some water first, then crushed with metal pliers (it seemed like the easiest way for him). SWIM's goal was to leave no full seeds, and a majority of powder. This was mixed with several sessions of water (30 min. each), and the liquid was filtered by a stretchy book cover. SWIM discarded the muddy seed powder. This was trial one of SWIM's experiment.

SWIM consumed 75% of the remaining liquid, over a 30 minute period. SWIM drank this with 50% juice. It just tasted watered down. SWIM also sipped orange juice at the same time (Vitamin C), and gradually smoked a small pipe of marijuana. SWIM felt great, his night was a success. As SWIM drifted asleep, his body felt like it was floating. SWIM woke up several times because he thought he was falling. Nausia was very minor, if at all. SWIM felt none of that terrible stomache pain, and he know's what it feels like.

Uising the rest of the liquid water extract, SWIM attempted evaporation, to leave a remaing gooey residue. Eye dropping this substance onto a flat surface will evaporate within a day, and there will be a small amount of remaining goo. Any less surface area, and it was too time conusming for SWIM to evaporate it. A third of a shot glass didn't evaporate within a week, and started to smell. Exposing this so much didn't seem like a good idea to SWIM either. SWIM understood that the water really won't evaporate fast enough to be worthwile...unless a large enough flat surface was used, and all remains were scraped up perfectly.

For SWIM's second trial, he crushed/powdered 200 seeds with metal pliers. SWIM washed the powder off with a splash or so of water through coffee filters.

In several days from now, SWIM plans to buy distilled water from a super market (if he can find some...are there any name brands SWIM can look for?). He will also buy some lemon juice to slightly acidify the water. SWIM will pour all the Morning Glory powder into this bottle, and shake it every half hour for about 5 hours. SWIM will hold coffee filters over the top, and filter out all the water into a second empty bottle. SWIM is planning to drink the substance under the same conditions as before.

I posted this to share SWIM's experiences and to possibly hear some suggestions. The cold water extraction seems to work great.
Old 03-06-2007, 23:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
Re: Morning Glory Experiences

SWIM's experiment was a success! SWIM closed his eyes, then when he opened them saw flashes around the room for twenty seconds. SWIM noticed a very weird, almost evil feeling in his body. This was with no marijuana, only a few hits of ether before the tea was consumed. SWIM came down on marijauna, about four hours later.

SWIM strongly suggests trying the cold water extraction with 200 MG's.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:32
Silver Member

SWIM tried the cold water extraction yesterday too, and it was a success.

SWIM used 800 seeds and ground them roughly in the coffee grinder, then put them in about half a glass of Evian with a few squirts of lemon juice, left that in the fridge for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, and then strained it through a sieve and drunk the water.

SWIM had a tiny amount of nausea for maybe 20 minutes, and then a mild trip for about 4 hours.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:37

Male
hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-explorer View Post
SWIM tried the cold water extraction yesterday too, and it was a success.

SWIM used 800 seeds and ground them roughly in the coffee grinder, then put them in about half a glass of Evian with a few squirts of lemon juice, left that in the fridge for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, and then strained it through a sieve and drunk the water.

SWIM had a tiny amount of nausea for maybe 20 minutes, and then a mild trip for about 4 hours.
800 seeds??if that had worked to its full potential swiy would have likely been blown away.was swiy aware of this?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:17
Silver Member

SWIM maybe has a different definition of 'blown away' to you.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:19
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States

More likely it was the quality of the seeds used.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:41
Silver Member

Having read around, SWIM took the number of seeds he thought would get him the kind of trip he wanted -- and it did.
Old 09-06-2007, 16:57

Male from United States
f12button should review received reputation comments.
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1

SWIM tired this technique, and ended up with a mild trip (a bit over 200 seeds, just a start), and minimal nausea.

SWIM states that the nausea was there, for about an hour, but it was very bearable; he could still move around, didn't feel like throwing up, but that may have been because of the amount of seeds he took.
Old 10-06-2007, 15:33
Silver Member

Male from United States

IMPORTANT QUESTION
SWIM will be adding a few drops of lemon juice and 400 crushed/ground morning glory seeds to .25 L of cold spring water.
SWIM will be shaking this over a five hour period, then filtering out the water with a coffee filter.
Would this small solution make SWIM trip, or not enough LSAs extract?
SWIM's plan is to then evaporate this small solution in 24-48 hours on many flat surfaces (in dark places), and trip off the remaining gew.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26
Banned

34 y/o Male
NewEraResearch should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

SWIM is curious as to what are the disadvantages and advantages of using a cold water extraction method. i have heard alcohol extrac, and also water whats better, i know its an opinion question but i'm really curious.
Old 13-06-2007, 19:29
Silver Member

Male from United States

I donno if SWIY has experience evaporating the CW solution...but here's SWIM's progress. Can anyone clarify that the tanish particles are LSAs?

SWIM did a 600seed CWE. Once it's all dried up, would condensing all the remains, then letting it sit in my mouth for a few minutes, work well?

Last edited by Bajeda; 13-06-2007 at 19:53. Reason: picture format
Old 14-06-2007, 03:21
Silver Member

Male from United States

The water in SWIM's tray has evaporated. Here are the scrapings. SWIM is doing this evaporation a second time, and will have more than twice that amount. SWIM can't seem to get a very clear picture, but these brown flakes DO look like long crystals. I know these mid-progress posts arn't nessicary, so I'll wait until after SWIM doses (on x2+ what you see here) to update. In the meantime, any comments?
Old 15-06-2007, 22:34
Silver Member

Male from United States

SWIM's experiment was a success!
Using a fan, SWIM evaporated .4 L of cold water extraction (15g crushed seed, Poland Spring Water, lemon juice, 2hours time, then coffee paper filtration) in a 1x1/2ft tray [twice] during four days.
All the resins were scraped up into this.
SWIM consumed the picture's worth and that baggie in my post above. The following is a log SWIM had me send. Thanks to swimster for the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljfe
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8631/dscf14582nt2.jpg
This is a picture of a little less than SWIM dosed this afternoon. Do these look like the scrapings SWIY
gets?
All SWIM felt was euphoria and changes in time perception...possible delirium. It all could have easily been
placebo. Does this sound like SWIY's experiences with this gew? Any hallucinations for SWIY?
I'm going to have to try the alcohol next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimster
Damn, swiy's stuff looks pretty good! Swims are usually chopped up, and usually disolved in some water and
drank, but anyway, last time swim did it he only used 3 3.5g packets, and he didn't get anything special,
just felt "weird", which is what most people describe it as. He felt changed for a day, but that was it.
Next time swim will use 5-3.5g packets.

~swimster~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljfe
Wow, it feels so great to hear that from you. SWIM feels exactly "weird," too. SWIM is two and a three hours
into this trip right now (consumed at 1:30). SWIM just smoked one SMALL pipe pack of marijuana and feels
absolutly amazing right now. SWIM's eyes feel so heavy and there's these energy waves going through his
legs. Outstanding body high. SWIM used three 5g packages on the cold water extracton, to make sure that
little bit of water was as potent it could get. In all honesty I feel just as good as my last (also fist)
Psilocybin experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimster
GOOD TO HEAR.

Share this on:

Tags
after e, alcohol extraction, bowl, coffee, coffee grinder, cold water extraction of morning glory seeds, convolvulaceae, d-lysergamide, d-lysergic acid amide, drug, drugs, drugs forum, ergine, ethanol, ether, euphoria, euphoric, grinder, hallucinogen, la-111, lsa extraction, lysergamides, lysergic acid, marijuana, mescaline, nonpolar, petroleum ether, psychedelic, shroom, shrooms, using morning glory seeds, visuals