Notices

Old 14-05-2007, 04:06
Banned

29 y/o Male from Turkmenistan
izzy31 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%
how can I identify crystal quality

I can tell just by looking at a crystal and it's texture but how what's the basic general rule for purity and quality of crystal meth? (ex. does quality increase at visibility of the crystal clears?)

Post Quality Evaluations:
It is a common question. Mary was wondering about this also. With the snakie ways of some underhanded dealers it is in all our best interest, methies anyway, to know this tool if there is one.
Old 22-05-2007, 04:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
Myzel is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: how can I identify crystal quality

Yes! Swim could tell the difference between meth that was cut and how pure it was.. Mainly experience is the best way to learn. Meth cut with MSM usually has rigged edged crystals that are small and white. Also if swiy crystals bend what so ever they are cut. Meth crystals will not bend the will snap and break like an icicle. The bigger and clearer the crystals are the better then swiy can snap a few
Old 23-05-2007, 17:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

51 y/o Male
SpeedyDreamer is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy31 View Post
I can tell just by looking at a crystal and it's texture but how what's the basic general rule for purity and quality of crystal meth? (ex. does quality increase at visibility of the crystal clears?)
In SWIM's experience, the clearer the the crystals, as in "glass" clear, the more cut is in there. SWIM has done multiple recrystalizations of pure MSM and can say it is the prettiest crystals one has ever seen. They will burn clean and crack back so good, if it weren't for the taste you would say it was the best shit ever. Most of the crystals of pure meth that SWIM has seen (yes it has been alot) are never "glass" clear. As in they have swirls and imperfections embedded throughout them. Hope that made sense.
Old 04-06-2007, 23:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
morrison is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1

Once it cools after initially melting it should look like "crystals" as it hardens-should not be cloudy at all.

Should not make you cough at all either.

Heat it up and blow down the stem holding a lighter above the hole in the burner-if white residue accumulates no good.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:38

Male
Worlock is captain of the psychonauts.Worlock is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2

The above answeres are right on taget, to my knowledge
Meth crystal does not look as pretty as MSM, it is a bit on the cloudy side,
Look Closely at a sample , are they actual cryatals or does it look more like broken up glass or ice cubes (chards) aka (Shards)
The broken glass look is cut and meth that hardened then was smashed into little chunks.
Probably 90 % of street meth looks like this.

When the crystals are dissolved in water or ethanol, and the liquid is spread out in a thin layer over a pre warmed mirror or in a glass bowl Then allowed to dry slowly, the Meth forms crystals in the shape of pin wheels. These are crystals which grow outward from a central point , like the spokes of a wheel , . They are thin and delicate spokes, Ephedrine is similar except the wheels are much smaller.
Often these wheels are seen in a pipe bowl that has been melted and recrystalized, After several reheatings Meth tends to turn into a darker oil, while MSM evaporates more cleanly, Sugars are nasty black , as they carmalize.
Some other contaminants in meth, damaged meth molecules are dark and very distastful.

The rate at which a sample disolves in water is alsio a clue. Meth disolves rather quickly , any thing that takes longer than almost instantly is usualy crap.
THe particle size is assumed to be similar, when doing this test.

In Ethanol meth dissolves slowly, it may take 30 sec to a minute to dissolve.

Acetone if cold and dry, will not dissolve meth except slightly.
Acetone will absorb water quickly,(wet) if it has been exposed to the open air for any length of time.
Wet acetone and will contain enough water to dissolve substantial amounts of Meth,

Generally when dissolved everything shoud dissolve at an equal rate, If some crystals dissolve quick and others more slowly it is a clue to how much cut is in there.

The same is true of melting and rexrystalization all should happen at the same time
MSM usually melts sooner and recrystalizes sooner than Meth.

Pure meth HCl is cerebral high in its initial buzz, MSM makes you sweat right away and feel hot. especiall at the back of the neck or around the ears.
This is because MSM is a type of B vitamin similar to Niacin.
You may even Yawn witth MSM cut,. MSM wears off quickly,
The heat and the rush causes meth to be removed from the blood stream and is excreteted in the skin, much of the meth effect is lost. with in an hour,
However
There is enough Meth remaining to keep you going all night, typically.

If you suspect MSM, let someone else take the first two hits off a pipe,
Then jump in the action,

Assuming you don't have an infrared mass spectrometer, or a N.M. Resonator
The official methods for determining purity is a to take a Meltimg point determination, or to check the optiical rotation of a sample..
Each of these is do-able by a Cave man chemist, who wishes to build the equipment in a clansestine lab.
Both procedures can be accurately done with equipment made from obtainable items, and several hours of creative getto design.
If you wish for intricate details of the equipment and procedures , ask.

Last edited by Worlock; 06-06-2007 at 03:51.
Old 06-06-2007, 14:30

51 y/o Male

SWISD will just drip some h2o in a small cup quickly swirl a pour into a pre-dampened coffee filter. What comes through the filter with the h2o is the good stuff. Just evap and smoke. Whereas what stays in the filter is nasties.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Nice simple technique.
Nice tip that really helps.
Old 06-06-2007, 15:24

Male

Well stated S.D.
Speedy Dreamer's method is the way to go.
Pay attention to every little detail of the Speedy process.
You can't go wrong, Even if you mess up , everything is easy to recover.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:28

Male
hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2

the same process can be used to extract dl amphetamine from adderall xr.the residue left over will be highly potent regardless what amphetamine product you start with.a similar method can be done by dissolving powder in a spoon of distilled water(a gram of amphetamine can be dissolved in 1ml water) and sucking the mixture through a peice of cig. filter and then squirting the mixture onto a ceramic plate and let evaporate.using 70% isopropyl alcohol will speed up the evap time.
Old 08-06-2007, 00:22
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
Expat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline Medline
Points: 4,440, Level: 9 Points: 4,440, Level: 9 Points: 4,440, Level: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyDreamer View Post
SWISD will just drip some h2o in a small cup quickly swirl a pour into a pre-dampened coffee filter. What comes through the filter with the h2o is the good stuff.
Thanks, this sounds like a quick and easy way to purify.

About how long do you swirl? I think meth dissolves quickly in H2O, right, so I guess only for a few seconds?

Also, about what ratio of H2O to crystal do you use?

Also, do you just use the H2O at room temperature?

Also, I was reading in another thread about another purification technique (not for meth), and someone said that coffee filters are not suitable and that medium to high-flow lab filter paper was better. Does anyone know if this type of lab filter paper would work better for this meth purification technique, or do coffee filters work fine?

Thanks again, SpeedyDreamer.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:06

51 y/o Male

Just a quick swirl as it does (almost instantly) dissolve quickly.

Ratio of h2o to crystals, as little as possible. Remember you have to evap the h2o to get at the goods. Room temp is fine.

Well , lab filter paper is always better than coffee filters. If your a country redneck like SWISD, you use what you have available. Silk panties work well also. Just pre-wet your filter of any kind 1st so as not to lose goods in the paper or fabric. Before someone says something' must add; you will always lose a little every time you filter. Pre-wetting the filter minimizes your losses.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:12
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Davidbell is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 151, Level: 2 Points: 151, Level: 2 Points: 151, Level: 2

Quote:
SWISD will just drip some h2o in a small cup quickly swirl a pour into a pre-dampened coffee filter. What comes through the filter with the h2o is the good stuff. Just evap and smoke. Whereas what stays in the filter is nasties.

From what I understand, that mean that Meth is water soluble and there are no other Cutting agent that are water soluble either ??
How come are you 100% sure that there are no water soluble agent just like meth ?

please let me know
Old 11-06-2007, 13:14

51 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbell View Post
From what I understand, that mean that Meth is water soluble and there are no other Cutting agent that are water soluble either ??
How come are you 100% sure that there are no water soluble agent just like meth ?

please let me know

Don't recall saying there was no other cutting agents that are not water soluble. Surely if one looked it would be fairly easy to find something to cut it with that was water soluble. It's just most of the common cutting agents are not immediatly water soluble. Meaning, where as meth will dissolve almost instantly most of the cutting agents are either not water soluble or they take an amount of time to dissolve. Notice it says "most".
Old 11-06-2007, 17:32
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Quote:
Don't recall saying there was no other cutting agents that are not water soluble. Surely if one looked it would be fairly easy to find something to cut it with that was water soluble. It's just most of the common cutting agents are not immediatly water soluble. Meaning, where as meth will dissolve almost instantly most of the cutting agents are either not water soluble or they take an amount of time to dissolve. Notice it says "most".

So Swim think he should not use the same coffe filter for every 4 or more filtering because he has more chance of having cutting agent back into solution cuz there is more chance those cutting agents get solved into the filtering and finnally pass through the filter, into our solution??

Why using the same filter 4 time ? that seems to just increase the risk of cutting agent to pass through the filtering ? Resulting in not filtering anything at all ?

Last edited by Davidbell; 11-06-2007 at 17:38.
Old 11-06-2007, 20:28

51 y/o Male

SWISD would recommend using the coffee filter only once and then using it to brew your coffee with the next morning.

And, yes, the more times you do it the more some of the impurities will dissolve and pass through.
Old 11-06-2007, 23:55
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Quote:
SWISD would recommend using the coffee filter only once and then using it to brew your coffee with the next morning.

And, yes, the more times you do it the more some of the impurities will dissolve and pass through.

Well then SWIM should use new filter for every filter or 2 to avoid impurity then... But Swim've heard in a thread that we should keep the same filter for the whole cooking. Swim is now confused.

Last edited by Davidbell; 12-06-2007 at 20:23.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:21
Silver Member

Male from Antigua and Barbuda
vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up

I think that using less filters would increase yield since the some product im sure will stay in the filter.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:08
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantranist View Post
I think that using less filters would increase yield since the some product im sure will stay in the filter.
Well this should not be a matter of opinion but fact. So please someone bring a mod here to tell truth on that :P

Thanks for all opinion thought

Last edited by Davidbell; 12-06-2007 at 06:36.
Old 12-06-2007, 13:38

51 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbell View Post
Well then SWIM should use new filter for every filter or 2 to avoid impurity then... But Swim've heard in a thread that we should keep the same filter for during the whole cooking. Swim is now confused.
Now SWIDB, the reference here is crystal quality--vs--cutting agent. Has nothing to do with cooking anything. This is a totally different phase.
Old 12-06-2007, 20:26
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Well when cooking, SWIM has to filter inactive ingredient, which SWIM think, is the same procedure as filtering cutting agent.
Old 12-06-2007, 22:51

Male

FILTERING HAS ONE PURPOSE
The idea is to clean the crap out, so you will not want to re-use dirty filters, if you are doing things properly.
If you are extracting pills, you dissolve them in the solvent, let the solids settle and filter out the liquid, you. You will rewash the solids let them settle and filter again, you may use the same filter or change it
But you would not use that filter in another step. Personally I would dump the old filter.

In the removal of cut that is moderately water soluble, from product that is highly water soluble, .
You are using the factor that the moderately water soluble cut will remain in the filter, while the product slips through,
If you let it all dissolve, then filter, you gain nothing, So you use minimal sovent, see that the product dissolves , but be certain the cut does not, by rapid filtering.
To use the dirty filter, increases the concentration of cut to product, Continue doing it with a dirty filter and before long, nothing is being removed at all..
A better solution would be to find a solvent, that would not dissolve the cut , but would dissolve the product, at a certain temperature. Often a combination of several solvents will work, since the process is similar to recrystaluizing the cut, then filtering it out of the solvent containing the product.

You would not want to use the same filter you used to remove the Ephed for removing the phos, nor would you use those filters, for removing the pure crystals from the fuel after gassing the product.
In some cases the solid is the trash in other cases the solid is the good shit.
Using one filter is basically insane, or shows a lack of understanding of what the hell is really going on, which is insanity, because of the danger.

If you are happy with the results obtained, then do it,
Most good cooks are always looking to improve the quality, and are concerned secondarily with quantity.
As your skills improve you generally get better quality and a greater yield,
Get stupid and sloppy and you get trash
There are often better ways of doing things, a bit of trial and error, find a better way and post it please.
Point out a specific error someone is doing must mean there ias a better way, so lets hear it.'
I can promise you that using one filter is not the answer,
If you clean pills and expect to yield at the top 10 grams, but you manage to get 15 grams, does it mean you were better at the procedure? No it means you collected more than 5 grams of garbage, or did not bother drying it out.

Confusion, there are a lot of things written, I would like to see the article that says to use the same filter over and over,
It may refer to one specific procedure, re-filtering until the solution is clear , but not to the entire process.
So please produce your source, I sincerely hope this a bonafide question and not an attempt to cloud the issue

Using 4 filters instead of one is really not the greatest idea, but when using coffeee filters instead of lab grade filters, anything that will plug the leaks , is used, Best if filtering out insoubles of small size and using coffee filters is to insert a cotton or paper plug in the neck of the funnell the tighter you pack it the small sized particles will be caught up., the filtration rate slows .
You would not want to use a rack of fifty coffee filters, it would absorb everything you poured into into it., if you were filtering 5 lbs, 50 filters might work out just fine . if you were working with an ounce. only a fool would use fifty filters.

Click the thumbnail to see some real trash
This is an Oz, that was dissolved in ethanol, then ignored as long as possible,
after two weeks , I found it again all dried out to this horrific scene
Wanted to murderise the SOB, loaded My SKS .762 Assault rifle, going to make some swiss chease
Note the long crystals at the bottom MSM they are bendable
The only meth is attached to the sides of the bowl, and it is contaminated with 3 other garbage items,
Don't buy shit from Keith, is what I learned, it is about 15% meth , 95% Crapola, for a tiotal of 110% worthless rip off
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1392.JPG (132.6 KB, 536 views)

Last edited by Worlock; 24-06-2007 at 00:19. Reason: expounding developing ideas
Old 21-06-2007, 11:37
R.I.P.

Female
cyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way up
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzel View Post
Yes! Swim could tell the difference between meth that was cut and how pure it was.. Mainly experience is the best way to learn. Meth cut with MSM usually has rigged edged crystals that are small and white. Also if swiy crystals bend what so ever they are cut. Meth crystals will not bend the will snap and break like an icicle. The bigger and clearer the crystals are the better then swiy can snap a few
Swim has seen some nice looking meth that would fool if not tested. Pretty clear crystals but pure bunk. Swim usually isn't fooled easy either. Swim has to test it for herself.
Old 24-06-2007, 00:38

Male

A do it yourself kind of woman, no batteries required
Test monkees are easy to aquire
But try and get rid of them, they never really go away, just hang around outside talking to other test monkees about the way things were when they had a Job.
Old 25-06-2007, 01:03
R.I.P.

Female
cyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way up
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2

Yeah sadly swim is trying to get the monkey off her back again. Swim agrees that the monkeys climb trees only with other monkeys. Swim has a job, in fact a good one, but that can be gone in the blink of an eye. Maybe it is all bunk, something to ponder, huh?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:05

24 y/o Female
carnagiehall is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

SWIM doesn't particularly know but has noticed the follow qualities while smoking good meth.
1. No smell while melting the substance in a pipe
2. No heavy flavor
3. Absolutely NO COUGHING and NO GAGGING, SWIM cannot even handle the smoke of cannabis but never coughs smoking meth
4. When melting the substance in the pipe it will melt VERY easy, sometimes it may pop or splatter if you're not too careful. It can also melt or seem wet even after just being in a warm spot.
5. When the substance "cracks back" it seems to crack back on top of itself. If you are using a pyrex pipe to notice this apply a wet towel to the bottom of the bowl, if you are using a glass pipe when you are done hitting it blow out of the pipe (it will obviously waste a little smoke). The hardened substance shows signs of small peaks or mountains. Sometimes referred to as "giving it legs" or "making it stand up".

SWIM is not as experienced in just being able to tell by the appearance in the bag. Although SWIM has definitely experienced that anyone can be fooled. Meth can be melted mixed with cut and rocked back up again to look like nice huge chunks all the same.
Old 16-01-2011, 10:41
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from United States
billiegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
In SWIM's experience, the clearer the the crystals, as in "glass" clear, the more cut is in there. SWIM has done multiple recrystalizations of pure MSM and can say it is the prettiest crystals one has ever seen. They will burn clean and crack back so good, if it weren't for the taste you would say it was the best shit ever. Most of the crystals of pure meth that SWIM has seen (yes it has been alot) are never "glass" clear. As in they have swirls and imperfections embedded throughout them. Hope that made sense.
I have heard the same thing form many people. The stuff that looks clean and clear is usually total crap. The stuff that is dirty looking is what kicks hard and last a long time. A friend of told me his friend was asking why its all crystal these days. He wanted to know what ever happened to the stronger longer lasting stuff he knew as crank.

Share this on:

Tags
amphetamine, meth bumps