Notices

Salvia divinorum All about using (smoking, eating) Salvia Divinorum

Old 04-11-2004, 05:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

WhiteRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Liquid Salvia divinorum Drops

I took a trip to the local Retroactive, to buya colorful tobacco smoking pipe. I glimpsed past the salvia rack (headaches sets in already) and I noticed a little drop bottle, and questioned the man behind the counter and he said you drop it like so, and didnt know anything past that. Does anyone have any experiences or info regarding these Salvia drops ? ¿ ?
Old 04-11-2004, 19:19
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,423, Level: 41 Points: 82,423, Level: 41 Points: 82,423, Level: 41
Activity: 46.0% Activity: 46.0% Activity: 46.0%
What are you talking about? Please be more specific. Do you mean drops of liquid that contains salvia divinorum?
Old 04-11-2004, 22:26

Sorry, yeah concentrated liquid drops, someone gave me a link today, anyone care to share their experience with it?

Salvia Dinorium tincture
The initial effects are felt about five minutes after the first dosage is applied sublingually. Over the next five minutes, the strength of the effects increases gradually. Then a plateau is reached which lasts about 20 to 30 minutes. The effects will then diminish over the next hour or so. If a person uses repeated dosages, the duration and strength of the entire experience can be extended.
You may use Magia Verde right from the bottle, or it may be diluted with water. Before using Magia Verde, it is best to brush your tongue and gums and rinse with an alcohol based mouthwash (one that also contains menthol is preferable). This insures that the tincture is more readily absorbed. Use two to three droppers, according to preference, under the tongue for five minutes…repeat as desired (Please Note: THAT IS 2 TO 3 DROPPERS, NOT DROPS). Two to three droppers will produce a mild experience, four to six droppers (2-3 droppers for 5 minutes then 2-3 more for another 5 minutes) will produce a medium experience, and eight to twelve droppers (2-3 droppers again taken in 5 minute intervals) will produce a strong experience. Diluting the tincture with a little warm water is recommended, otherwise it may irritate the mouth's mucus membranes. Please note that diluting it will reduce the potency. Can be diluted to: 1 part water to 1 part Magia Verde, or 1 part water to 2 parts Magia Verde (again according to preference).
Dried Salvia leaf, or extract enhanced Salvia leaf can be smoked in conjunction with the tincture method to boost the strength of the experience. Magia Verde may also be used to enhance raw, dried Salvia leaf. Drop it onto leaf and mix well. Allow the leaves to dry out completely (the grain alcohol and water will evaporate, leaving behind the Salvia concentrate).
Old 08-11-2004, 20:14

serotonin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1

salvia extract is really excellent stuff. the two major things about it is that there is no hassle with smoking it. it can be taken at any time and anywhere. also, the longer/smoother tripis many time more enjoyable that smoking it. im not too sure about that price however...
Old 20-11-2004, 22:04

I heard it was hard to induce a trip through the salvia tincture? Any experiences ??
Old 22-11-2004, 05:04
Gold Member

Male from United States
wednesday is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2
if i was using the tincture i would certainly not use it to induce but to prolong...

so mix a good potent extract with a recommeded does of the tincture and you will not only have a great journey into the salvia world but you will also have a long stay...

now in order for this to work one would have to make sure that achieving a level 3 preferrably 4 maybe even 5 salvia experience is possibly souly with whatever extract you are using and then add the drops

that sounds relaly good im off to buy some salvie tincture now...

]Paul[
Old 22-11-2004, 05:36

wow...that stuff tastes like shit, had to dump like 5 droppers in my mouth for 15 minz. it feels like it soaks into your mouth and it so disgusting.
Old 22-11-2004, 05:47
Gold Member

Male from United States
wednesday is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2
tell us how the tincture works out for you please...

Paul
Old 22-11-2004, 09:10
Platinum Member

OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,189, Level: 5 Points: 1,189, Level: 5 Points: 1,189, Level: 5
Im curious also, Ive never seen or heard of this before.</font>
Old 16-06-2005, 23:20
Productive insomniac
Administrator

Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute

Salvia tincture is available from various sources.
Old 17-06-2005, 06:34

Female from United States
jaguarangel is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Be careful of the ones with high alcohol. I burned the under tongue side of
my mouth. Most must have alcohol to preserve it but some have more than
others.
Old 17-06-2005, 19:03

Male
OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 479, Level: 3 Points: 479, Level: 3 Points: 479, Level: 3
Personally, I dont think its worth the price. Also, jaguarangel
is right. Beware the alcohol content, I had a small cut on my
tongue...it was unpleasant. Searing pain during a salvia trip is
not conducive to an enjoyable or educational experience.</span>
Old 19-06-2005, 22:18
Productive insomniac
Administrator

How long is the duration of effects with tincture?
Old 17-07-2005, 20:56

tojaktoty is an unknown quantity at this point
Here goes for my first post..
I spent a bit of time researching Salvia on this forum and erowid. Just recently placed an order for the liquid extract, a 20x baggie, and also some plain leaves.
I just got the liquid extract yesterday and decided to give it a try.
Impressions are this, I may buy this stuff again later like someone mentioned to maybe prolong a trip after smoking it, but my 2 friends and I arent too fond of last nights experience. And this is not in the sense that we had a bad trip. I made absolute certain that we played it safe the first time, we did the appropriate smaller doses but got too minimal effects.
We started off by taking 3 droppers of the salvia and mixing that in a small cup with ~2droppers of water to dilute it. I wanted to start off slow. Both of my friends got this dosage, I had them hold it under there tongue for 15 minutes. We were expecting to start feeling the trip after we had spit it out, but it turns out your actually suppose to start feeling it while its still in your mouth.
Anyway, no feeling. One of my friends was ballsy and thought maybe he can start to breakthrough with some more, so I give him ~1.5droppers undiluted in his mouth. Then like 30min later me and my other friend take 2 undiluted drops under the tongue.

We all started to sweat after like 5-10 it being in our mouths and at some points felt our motary movements start to get worse as though we were slightly drunk. Then at one point, my other friend mentioned he started to feel something in his chest. I told him this was good and that he should remain open to anything. Turns out thats the farthest he got, as for us, we didnt get any pressure whether physically or in our mind as others report.

To sum it up, today being the next day, the underside of my mouth is pretty burned, i feel fine, and am glad we eased into it. I knew my friends werent ready for this all the way as they still think this stuffs a joke, hence I actually didnt want to do it at all last night- i was scared that they would have bad trips. As it turns out, we simply didnt take enough droppers right away. Id recommend more like 3 to maybe 4 for the first timer. Then again, body size is worth noting as 2 droppers might hit someone differently or a lot more than us. We are 22-23yo 6'1-6'3 guys, 170-190lbs.

One of my friends doesnt even think this will mess him up, and thanks to the supposedly lack of experience last night I think he doesnt respect the salvia. I just kind of smerk and tell him we'll see when the 20x gets here. We had the lights dimmed, and some music playing, I will continue this theme next time we try some of the extract with the leaves.
I just want to steadily get a feel for the salvia, and be prepared to really enjoy myself when I am welcomed to salvia land. However I dont really like the tincture. Next time I will try taking it in differently and will report back to you guys. I currently have a small pipe and a volcano vaporizer- we'll see how it goes on the vapo as some say it should work but others state that the correct temp wont be achieved. I need to pick up some bong or small water pipe.

Thanks for looking.

----ps this is where i got mine
[PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU START POSTING AGAIN. ALSO CHECKOUT WHAT IT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE YOUR FIRST WARNING NOW.]
Edited by: Alfa
Old 20-07-2005, 06:10

mescalifornia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

the liquid extract did not produce any psychological changes for me and i ended up using the whole bottle. i tried to return it, but they wouldn't take it back.
Old 31-08-2005, 00:04
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
tojak- thanks for the thoughtful post. please let us know how your extract went.

also please edit your post to remove the source, as sources are not allowed outside of the sources forum.

Edited by: pinkavvy
Old 04-09-2005, 00:20

37 y/o Male
gwioi should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
.. i use like this ...20 leafs mix with olie essential of
mentha piperata 10 drops...chewing like a gum ..30
min wait your responds...great..but for long time..

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs-forum, faq, liquid extract, salvia, salvia divinorum, salvia divinorum extract, salvia dosage, tincture