Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 23-09-2006, 15:39
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Methylone (bk-MDMA) IV & IM Use

Just wondering the implicatons of Methylone IV use.

SWIF was wondering about the:
1) Dangers
2) Dosage
3) any additional advice.

SWIF has used Methylone orally but wanted to consider IV use.

Post Quality Evaluations:
there are no stupid questions, only unasked ones

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 11-02-2010 at 20:10.
Old 23-09-2006, 19:01
Banned

58 y/o Male
old hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPAC
Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6
Found these posts here:http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7696
All about IVing Methylone
Old 23-09-2006, 20:11

Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
The thread above doesnt really describe any effects/experiences or answer any of the questions i asked....
Old 23-09-2006, 20:52
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
True. Which should tell you something: SWIM may well end up as a guinea-pig. Do ask him, if he should actually do such, to write a report. If he lives.
Old 23-09-2006, 22:27
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,118, Level: 8 Points: 3,118, Level: 8 Points: 3,118, Level: 8
IVing a new substance means starting with a VERY low dose. If SWIM were to perform such an experiment, SWIM would start in the 1-5 mg range and work up. However, for a substance with such a short peak effect and rapid onset of activity via oral route, combined with the fact that snorting it does not seem to speed onset a whole lot, SWIM is not sure there would be much benefit to this route of administration. However, one never knows until one tries..
Old 24-09-2006, 00:13
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,251, Level: 41 Points: 83,251, Level: 41 Points: 83,251, Level: 41
Activity: 49.4% Activity: 49.4% Activity: 49.4%
Purity of the substance then becomes a very important issue. 98% pure methylone would not be advisable.
Old 24-09-2006, 02:06

Thanks for the replies, SWIF will either investigate at his own risk and relay the results or leave it be.
Old 26-09-2006, 08:37
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
There are reports in other forums, which suggest that IVing methylone makes the onset very rapid and the duration shorter (as with PEAs). The effects may tend towards stimulation rather than empathy.

The only dose mentioned was 50 mg, but anyone considering this experiment might be advised to start lower.
Old 15-04-2007, 18:04

Male from United States
Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,839, Level: 6 Points: 1,839, Level: 6 Points: 1,839, Level: 6
Stupid IV Methylone (bk-MDMA) question

Has anyone tired this out. Obviously it would not be smart to inject methylone. swim imagine the methylone is not pure but swim bets its more pure than a sac of h.
Old 15-04-2007, 19:37
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Broshious is on the way upBroshious is on the way upBroshious is on the way up
Points: 240, Level: 2 Points: 240, Level: 2 Points: 240, Level: 2
Re: Stupid IV Methylone question

Here's an Erowid report on IVing Methylone:

T+ 0 hours.. Prepare 200mg of Methylone, dissolve in sterile water and filter accordingly. Methylone dissolves very well in water and I can saturate a solution which appears a shade of yellow. I mainline solution into middle arm.. the time to blast off has arrived !

T+ 5 seconds.. Solution has entered bloodstream, I am dizzy and lightheaded, this feeling is replaced by intense euphoria and rapid heartbeat.

T+ 1 minute.. I am laying on the sofa, I am aware of the intoxication and I am into it. This is intense exactly like MDMA but with more speed like effects.

T+ 20 minutes.. Much of the euphoria has subsided and I am left with the feeling of energy and alertness. I prepare another syringe for injection.

T+ 25 minutes.. I prepare a solution in syringe of 250mg Methylone, repeat injection again the feeling of dizziness returns and is replaced by intense euphoria once again. I am complete once again. Now I remember why I do this, this is totally awesome, this is what life is all about ! I am there..... bliss !

T+ 40 minutes.. Again I prepare 250mg solution of Methylone. This compound is addictive. I am chasing that intense feeling I found with the first couple of injections. Seems to me that the feeling has diminished slightly and an urge to inject more repeats itself.

T+ 1hour.. It's time to inject again. This time I divide the 300mg into approx 50mg doses. I can make this substance last if i want but the urge is still there. I use the remaining 300mg in the space of a few hours with not the same type of intensity that was exhibited with the first few trials. The compulsive nature of this compound presents a problem, it's just too damn nice ! If I had 5 grams I think it would be gone within a few days.

Conclusion :

Methylone acts like MDMA in all respects when injected, the only downfall is that reinforced injections have to be maintained in order to fully substitute that unique feeling I have with injecting MDMA. On the positive, I did not have any harsh comedown as with MDMA, even after 1 week no real side effects presented themselves. I would like to compare this compound with a trail of bk-MBDB when I have the chance. Until then safe injecting !

Good job searching this and sharing
Old 15-04-2007, 19:39

Male
Zaprenz must live here.Zaprenz must live here.Zaprenz must live here.Zaprenz must live here.Zaprenz must live here.Zaprenz must live here.Zaprenz must live here.Zaprenz must live here.
Points: 1,419, Level: 5 Points: 1,419, Level: 5 Points: 1,419, Level: 5

Although the following (below) talks about MDMA its at least a good starting point for the risks involved.

http://ecstasy.org/qanda/q71.html

Quote:
My question regards the injection of MDMA. I notice that many of the experiments with animals and MDMA involve injection. Can MDMA be injected safely by humans? I've never heard of anyone doing it.
If it can, what is the scaling factor for potency relative to oral use? What is the best way to liquify it for injection? Is the subjective experience markedly different than with oral use?
Reply from an expert
MDMA *could* be injected, and it would be active, but this is a very dangerous practice. It is injected into animals because it is difficult to give oral dosages to rats, and because injection is more reliable and faster in onset so that experiments can be timed properly. When given intravenously, drugs often have 3-5 times their oral potency.
First of all, injection of solutions of any drug (MDMA, amphetamine, etc.) involve risks of bacterial contamination. Bacteria which cannot resist digestive acids and enzymes may rapidly flourish if introduced directly into the bloodstream by injection. A single bacterium or a fungal spore could prove disastrous. Heroin users boil the solution in a spoon with a match hoping to "sterilize" and kill any bacteria in the solution, with mixed results.
Second, MDMA is often found adulterated with other substances, and tablets may have insoluble materials such as magnesium or calcium stearate, or talc. If these materials are not removed from the solution, they may clog a small artery, or may induce the formation of a clot. Such clots, if they break free from the blood vessel may travel to the lung or brain and can prove fatal.
Finally, MDMA is a potent agent in releasing norepinephrine from neuron endings on blood vessels, causing them to contract. MDMA is known to increase both blood pressure and heart rate. When given orally, this effect is gradual, but when given by injection, one would expect to see a rapid effect. The rapid escalation of blood pressure could lead to stroke or hemorrhage. The chance of a panic or anxiety reaction is also greater when psychoactive drugs are given by intravenous injection. Intramuscular injections involve fewer risks, but the risk of infection is still major and the presence of insoluble materials may lead to abcesses and skin ulcers. I would not recommend the injection of any substance other than insulin for diabetes.
Dr Dave Nichols Department of Pharmacology Purdue University

SWIMs OPINION IS - the risks outweigh the benefits for the case of injecting methylone quite a lot. MANY new problems arise when choosing injection rather than the oral route. MPTP for example is far more potent as a neurotoxin when injected and its quite possible small amounts of impurities within any given methylone batch may have damaging effects than don't show up orally. One is already taking educated risks ingesting RCs so is doubling that risk worth it for a methylone IV high, SWIM thinks not.

Great hazard info

Last edited by Zaprenz; 15-04-2007 at 20:07.
Old 18-04-2007, 05:47
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.
Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

i strongly advise against intravenous administration of methylone. what is to be gained but a potentially fatal outcome? the quoted doses in the above report sound horrific by any stretch of the imagination, considering Shulgin mentions M! to be almost equipotent to MDMA, they are high even for oral admin, i am tempted to say the report is bogus, save i have learnt these days to suspend my disbelief when it comes to human stupidity.
Old 17-02-2009, 21:30
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12
Re: Stupid IV Methylone (bk-MDMA) question

Just came across this info.

Quote:
50-60mgs of M1 was IV,mild effects set in quick and have stayed for an almost an hour. A slight tightness in my cheast is felt but besides that no negative effects are felt,this feels like an unnecessary administration route for this substance,rectal admin would provide a similar effect plus last alot longer.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
Anonabyss is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanobrain View Post
i strongly advise against intravenous administration of methylone. what is to be gained but a potentially fatal outcome? the quoted doses in the above report sound horrific by any stretch of the imagination, considering Shulgin mentions M! to be almost equipotent to MDMA, they are high even for oral admin, i am tempted to say the report is bogus, save i have learnt these days to suspend my disbelief when it comes to human stupidity.
Another point suggesting your case is that generally people consider methylone far more relaxed and less speedy than MDMA, which is the complete opposite of what the individual stated in that report.
Old 20-08-2009, 03:38
Titanium Member

Male from United States
polidelaiko is captain of the psychonauts.polidelaiko is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2
Re: Stupid IV Methylone (bk-MDMA) question

SWIM is doing methylone I.V. right now. he started with 20mg doses to test and then, well, you know, he started eyeballing, which is rather stupid.
The effect comes very quick, but not as quick as cocaine. maybe hes not doing enough. There´s no flanging of sounds, maybe just a little. It sounds like everything sounds on MDMA.
There´s a considerable euphoria mixed with a little guilt. the guilt happens to him even at oral or rectal doses of methylone.
There´s a lot of nistagmus and gurning, mouth as dry as it can be. the desire to redose is very strong. Stronger than cocaine he says, althoug he hasnt done any IV coke in two years, so its difficult to compare.
A couple oh hours after starting, he says its very difficult to not redose. he thinks he´s gonna end whats left probably.
One shot was rather strong and made him vomit, but he was feeling in heaven at the moment.
He also says that the latests shots were better than the firsts, as now the empathy is almost gone. The first shots he had the desire to talk to somebody, anybody, and he´s alone. And that sucked. Now its more "shoot and pleasure".
It makes his back ache, just like I.V. coke.
SWIM now used his scale to measure and he says most of his shots were in the 25-30mg range.
in conclusion, if your labrat wants to inject something and there methylone around, it can be made, and it can be quite nice. But beware that´s a motherfucking addictive drug via this route, very easy to go through all the stash in one session.
Take care
Added:
SWIM says he did 560mg in 5 hours. This is a freaking lot for him, he never reached 200mg oral!! But its so easy to get carried away with this ROA. He says last shots were so close together, like 10 minutes between them. He decided that the best option was to destroy all syringes to stop himself.
SWIM says he will NOT repeat the experiment.

Last edited by polidelaiko; 20-08-2009 at 06:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-05-2011, 09:52

Male from United States
illi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Methylone (bk-MDMA) IV & IM Use

Ive known someone who reported of both IV and IM use of Methylone in ranges up to 3 grams over a two day period, several times. Methylone is addictive when used this way, however, it is also extremely enjoyable. The methylone used was from an RC Vendor, product was made a solution in warm distilled water (to increase the solubility) and then injected. The maximum amount injected by said individual was average oral administration, 250 mg. This will put you down for a moment, but it will be a fucking spectacular moment indeed. The effects last (empathogenic) approximately 2 hours after the initial dosing, although said user reports wanting to readminister sooner. A strong warning is advised that when getting into the second gram of your methylone stash, the euphoric phases will become much shorter, along the lines of 20 minutes, and the want to redose will become stronger and stronger chasing the peak. The recommended usage guidelines for doing this the first time to to first test with a small, active dose. (50 mg). This will rate your initial reaction. If the dose is not overwhelming I would suggest, based on this report, to move up to 150 to 200 mg for the next try. This could be after the initial dose wears off. Methylone, just like MDMA, has a cap; You can only use so much before the feeling your chasing stops coming and is replaced by speediness alone. This particular individual reported to me that about one and a half grams over a 24 hours period is the maximum amount done to keep the feeling going. Thats a lot of methylone, and probably more then you need to be IVing into your veins. I'd stick to about 500mg in a session. Save the rest for another night and don't waste your Methylone on something you can get eating adderall.

Share this on:

Tags
bk-mdma, injecting bk-mdma, injecting methylone, intravenous bk-mdma, intravenous injection, intravenous methylone, iv bk-mdma, iv methylone, methylone, methylone dosage, shooting bk-mdma, shooting methylone