Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Fentanyl
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-03-2007, 19:53

Male
halfnelson should review received reputation comments.
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Using Fentanyl patches to detox off methadone?

Does anyone Know about this. My friend is coming off 140 mg of methadone. The clinic detoxed him by lowering him 5 mg every 3 days. He just took his last dose of meth yestarday. Hes been avoiding withdrawl so far just by using dope. Anyhow, he got lucky and someone gave him 5 100mcg patches and like 20 25mcg patches. how effective is Fentanyl at rerducing withdrawl symptoms? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 16-03-2007, 20:08

27 y/o Male from United States
Ellis D. should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 414, Level: 3 Points: 414, Level: 3 Points: 414, Level: 3
Re: Using Fentanyl patches to detox off methadone?

Fentanyl is 40X the potency of morphine so I'd say it will do the trick...it has for SWIM. One 100mcg/hr patch will alleviate withdrawls for three days give or take a few hours. I think two 25mg patches (50mcg/hr) would be enough.
Old 16-03-2007, 20:18

Male

swim has been educating himself on the fentanyl patches for 2 weeks now and believes he is somewhat knowlegable. you say its 40x stronger than morphine. swim has read that it can be up to 100x stronger than morphine. there are all kind of inconsisties on this and also other aspects of fentanyl.
Old 16-03-2007, 20:33

27 y/o Male from United States
Ellis D. should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 414, Level: 3 Points: 414, Level: 3 Points: 414, Level: 3

You are right, there are a number of different fentanyl analogues. I think the dosage thread has some interesting info on this, I read about it on here somewhere.

From SWIMS experience the patches are around 40X potency of morph. and they will do just as good or better as any op for dealing with withdrawls. And if you're buddy is still used to 100+mg of methadone I would stick two of those 25mg patches on. But if they wanna get high stick on a 100mg patch and if you are just normal after 10 hours stick a 25mg on.

IT is easy to stick on a patch and think nothing is happening and stick on another, then your first dose hits you then the last one you stuck on starts kickin in and then you are at the hospital.

Good luck, be safe.
Old 03-04-2007, 13:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United States
IkBenDeMan is captain of the psychonauts.IkBenDeMan is captain of the psychonauts.

Fentanyl is about 100 times as potent as morphine, by weight. 100 mcg/h would be the minimum I would recommend for your friend. 140 mg of methadone a day is quite a hefty dose.
Old 04-04-2007, 23:06

Male

your right. 100mcg/hr was the minimun.
Old 15-04-2007, 18:39
Silver Member

Male
Thanatos is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

Greetings fellow swim and swia's
Apologising in advance for the long post... I have just come off a years' worth of daily methadone myself and onto the sandoz fent patch. A combination of 'cold turkey' sickness and 'strange occurances' happened during the adjustment phase. The two substances are not alike really. I think something needs to be stated about how fentanyl really 'feels' to swias who 'need' to be and have been on opiates a long time (swim is an 'old hand' and swim's tolerance for 'the stuff' is at or near 'ludicrous' range/level) The deal with Fentanyl is that it has a stronger analgesic effect than any 'euphoric affect. So therefore if any swia uses meth and other opiates strictly as their 'anti-depressent drug, it may or may not really cut it.. As an analgesic for pain it is different as well.. So swia will feel different than when on methadone. Now swim can realize fentanyl more as a 'euphoria producing agent' by faster means of asorbing it, such as those mentioned already in other threads, butt....!!! It is crushingly strong crap! Like some swia's say, it's a 'body stone.' And dosing is extremely difficult! Danger! Do not, repeat, do not 'fuck' with fentanyl if you are not already highly opioid-tolerant!! Unlike a lot of the opiate propaganda from the 'man' that's been out there for a long time this stuff really will kill you.. Fentanyl will put a two hundred lb weight on your chest and lungs and keep it there for many hours. At swims first use of the stuff, the nightmares, and trances of semi-delerium, and no sleep for two days were indeed semi-hellish, but nothing swim is not already used to, sad to say.. however not reccomended for normal 'citizen's consumption!' Swim's first nite on the patch(actually a couple!) was spent on some kind of 'space masouleum, just floating in the galaxy as a semi-dead zombie, semi-dead, and with this constant, uneasy and scary feeling, even as this is swim's normal mind-state, but swim's 1st exper. with fent was like swim should run like hell from this stuff! .. but being an 'old hand,' so to speak, I had to stay for the rest, for the end to see how it may come out. And knowing that swim will eventually adjust to anything, and swim did.. now it's the freakin patch. It does work, and work good. It sorta feels to swim like the 'last stop in the line,' if you will. Please just be real careful with this stuff all you swia out there .. really careful! I know some swia out there, like swim, just have to 'push it as far as it will go, without dying! With fent, that 'line' can be crossed with only a few mcg., even for the well- 'seasoned' among swia..
Old 26-04-2007, 15:22
Silver Member

Male from United States
oxalot is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

SWIM thinks the question here should be revisited. Will it help detox from methadone? Yes ,but it will just lead to another addiction. One will simply avoid the withdrawal symptoms and continue on another path of destrution. SWIM wonders what the purpose of the methadone was pain or detox from H? Just curious as to whether this is a futile endevour for SWIY halfnelson.
Old 04-08-2007, 14:57

50 y/o Male
PAINXTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

please forgive my ignorance of the terms swim swia and swiy. I wanted to throw in and say ive been on the fentanyl 50 patch for 6 months, and as was stated before, it is a respect demanding substance....I do not believe it to be a good tapering med to get off of anything simply because what is the lowest patch? 25 mcg? thats still pretty big power, and i dont know how you slowly come off that....maybe stretch its time to the full 5 days it supposedly actually contains?, I just dont think its the right step, i would lean toward something milder like hyr]drocodone and go down from there, or morphine,and go down...to me its easier to taper with pills than a transdermal. i know im a newbie here, but i currently take 60 mg of methadone daily along with the patch so i have some experience with it on top of that i take a fairly potent benzo...anyway, thats jusy my 2 cents, i wish you all the best

-dave

Share this on:

Tags
detox, detox from heroin, detoxing, drugs, fentanyl, fentanyl patch, fentanyl patches, heroin, meth, methadone, morphine, opiate, opiate detox, opiates, tapering