Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > LSD
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

LSD LSD, liquid acid or blotter.

Old 09-02-2007, 00:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
ThePopeIsMyPal should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 253, Level: 2 Points: 253, Level: 2 Points: 253, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Best Movies On LSD

Jatelka EDIT: The earlier posts in this thread are from before the "no self-incrimination" rule came into play

i was wondering what are your movie choices on lsd

Last edited by Jatelka; 22-02-2010 at 19:11.
Old 09-02-2007, 00:38

Male
CRUNK needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: Best Movies On LSD

A kool guy would have to say "The Cell" with Jenifer Lopez, because he believes that movie was made for acid. The visuals, the disturbing scenes, the echoing voices throughout the movie make it a pretty good tripping movie.

2nd movie on his tripping list would be "Finding Nemo" although this movie was made for little kids, it can be enjoyed by people of all ages who are trippin'

Peace Homie!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:36
Gold Member

Male from United States
mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.
Points: 1,296, Level: 5 Points: 1,296, Level: 5 Points: 1,296, Level: 5

Baraka, Winged Migration, & Alien Dreamtime (minus the phallus sequence).

Last edited by Jatelka; 22-02-2010 at 19:11.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:26

Male
DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

A Skanner Darkly or Waking Dreams are fantastic movies to watch on acid. The way they are filmed and the special effects they use in the movies are fantastic. Also these movies are very philisophical and can be real eye openers, expecially when watching them on LSD.
Old 09-02-2007, 21:08
Gold Member

Male from United States
mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.mouthwater must live here.
Points: 1,296, Level: 5 Points: 1,296, Level: 5 Points: 1,296, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMuffy View Post
A Skanner Darkly or Waking Dreams are fantastic movies to watch on acid. The way they are filmed and the special effects they use in the movies are fantastic. Also these movies are very philisophical and can be real eye openers, expecially when watching them on LSD.
Those are both great movies, but SWIM thinks they are difficult to follow whilst intoxicated. SWIM has watched Waking *Life* on psychedelics, and it was nothing but eye-candy. SWIM imagines A Scanner Darkly to be difficult to follow as well.

SWIM has found that movies played during his/her experiences never get watched in their entirety. SWIM might put music on for a bit, or go upstairs and throw some smokeless chew in his/her lip and watch squirrels play with bird feeders; then eventually find his/her way back to the movie. For SWIY's who are also like this, SWIM recommends the movies listed in his/her previous post. If SWIY finds they can sit and watch a movie in its entirety while on LSD, A Scanner Darkly and Waking Life are great choices (even though SWIM thinks a few scenes in A Scanner Darkly are eerie and SWIM has found it difficult to digest all the content in Waking Life even when sober-- the fast paced philosophical dialogue stimulates internal ponderation, which usually leads to "falling behind" in the movie).

SWIM personally doesn't think s/he would enjoy Garden State as a trip movie. But, since it came to SWIY's head, maybe consider at least having the soundtrack available to listen to, or the movie nearby so you can put it in if you feel inclined during the experience.
Old 09-02-2007, 23:07
Iridium Member

Male from Belgium
FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,182, Level: 5 Points: 1,182, Level: 5 Points: 1,182, Level: 5
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthwater View Post
Baraka,
Yes. Oh yes. Add Koyaanisqatsi and Powwaqatsi to the mix. Same producers, different music.

One of all the aforementioned has Dead Can Dance for the soundtrack, the other Philip Glass. Loopy shiz that iz.

Mind the heavy depressing scenes though. Concentration camps, killing fields, pollution... If you choose to watch them, you should make sure you are able to watch these scenes.

Last edited by Jatelka; 22-02-2010 at 19:12.
Old 10-02-2007, 00:11

Male

A kool guy likes to also just turn on the TV and watch the static with the volume muted. He notices that it makes little patterns that look bad ass. One time one of his friends came in the room while everyone was just watching the static, lol, his friend thought that they where all nuts!
Old 10-02-2007, 13:12
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Italy
uno is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

alice in wonderland is the best choice
Old 13-02-2007, 00:01

Male
genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5

I personally don't enjoy movies during the main part of the trip: tv makes me a bit 'lobotomised' and I can't really appreciate my trip this way (tv just keeps my attention on its screen, preventing my mind from flying around).

However I might want to watch a movie during the come down (meaning when the trip is going on its end and I need some rest).
This is a 'passive' activity that will allow my brain to chill.
If I do so, then I prefer 'easy to watch' movies, with lots of 'not serious' things and (auto)derision. Nothing too big.
Something that will make me laugh and relax from my trip but that doesn't really need to watched at attentively (the one that you will still be able to enjoy even if you miss half of it).
I need something "light" that my brain will easily digest with a simple smile, something too serious would feel "heavy" and could not do the trick, so my personal choice goes to 'the Simpsons' (it just makes me laugh all the time).

other movies that come to my mind:
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (by Terry Gilliam)
Big troubles in little china

...well, you know the kind of movie that can be easy and fun for coming back to the everyday world.

Post Quality Evaluations:
god advice, esp the simpsons ref

Last edited by genaro; 13-02-2007 at 00:21.
Old 13-02-2007, 02:29
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

A classic film to watch amongst trippers has been Fantasia - the Walt Disney animation masterpiece. Many also enjoy The Wizard Of Oz.
Old 13-02-2007, 02:51
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I think its fairly hard to say what the "best" film to watch on lsd is as tripping is an extremely subjective experience and people want different things out of it.

I guess you could say that movies with vibrant colours and visual presentation as well as a trippy factor would be well-suited to lsd since they accentuate certain effects of the drug. I would also think that picking a movie to watch would be very dose dependent as with increased doses it would be much harder to understand plot details and other facets of a movie.

The Wall could be a good tripping movie as it is rather surreal and has some sweet animation sequences that are extremely trippy, but it is also very intense and would be quite hard to follow while under the influence of lsd.

I think Fantasia would be a good choice as its almost completely situated in the context of the visual and auditory effects present on screen at the moment. No additional things to keep track of or get confused by.

Baraka or Koyaanisqatsi also seem like they would be good choices. They are movies composed simply of unrelated (though you can pick out certain themes and motifs that develop themselves throughout the times) images and visual presentations combined with amazing soundtracks to create an experience of discovery and contemplation. Check imdb for more info plus some screens if you find this interesting. The director also has some other films of a similar nature though I haven't seen them so I can't comment on their suitability for an lsd trip.

I've also heard that skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, windsurfing, etc. -------> action sports films in general, can be good in a psychedelic environment. Again, this seems to stem from their lack of necessary outside context and understanding. You just watch and appreciate.

Swim hasn't tried watching more involving films while in psychedelic states of minds however, so any evaluation of his comments would be appreciated.
Old 13-02-2007, 03:28

Male from United States
Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,839, Level: 6 Points: 1,839, Level: 6 Points: 1,839, Level: 6
not movie but discovery

The wizard of oz gets intense on lsd so swim says. swim use to keep that video in his school back pack. Fantasia is a absolute must. when swim trips he covers the tv up with a blue blanket with dragon flys on it flying about in arbitrary ways. but during the end he ussually turns on discovery and hopes the deep ocean jelly fish episode is on
Old 13-02-2007, 03:51
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Lost Highway is a FANTASTIC movie to watch, and try to keep up with, while tripping. unless swiy is sensitive to scary movies.
Old 14-02-2007, 01:17
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from USA - Illinois
zera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMuffy View Post

When swim watches live TV under the effects of LSD it looks very similar to rotoscope to him. I don't know if Scanner Darkly would be the best movie to watch while impaired though, at least not the first time you see it. It has a very complex plot that really requires you to focus on what's going on. Swim thinks the second time you see it is the time to take some drugs, because you know what's going on and you really see a whole deeper layer to the movie.

As for swim he'd go with television shows over movies, because on LSD he doesn't have the patience to sit and do one thing for 2 hours. Television shows he likes for an acid trip are Arrested Developement, Scrubs, the Office, the Simpsons, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Sealab. Basically cartoons or any single camera sitcom tends to be fantastic. The writing and cinematography of four camera sitcoms are just way to rigid and formulaic to really get into while on LSD
Old 14-02-2007, 02:13
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute

I could easily see Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Robot Chicken or shows like that confusing the hell out of people tripping on lsd and maybe causing a bad trip.

Something familiar or benign would be more preferable in my opinion. Then again, it depends on the dose, and everyones' preferences are different....
Old 15-02-2007, 03:25

32 y/o Male
chemicalalchemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

Pan's Labyrinth, Dead Man, Japan anime: Spriggan, X, Blood: the Last Vampire, Dead Leaves, Disney films, Samurai Jack, Jacobs Ladder
Old 15-02-2007, 03:49

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicalalchemi View Post
Pan's Labyrinth,
That was a bad ass movie! I get chills down my spine just thinking about how great it was. Whoever directed it deserves an Oscar nominee.

Old 20-02-2007, 23:01
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.
Points: 1,751, Level: 6 Points: 1,751, Level: 6 Points: 1,751, Level: 6

Swim would HIGHLY recommend Monthy Pythons meaning of life......swim never enjoyed it untill he watched he tripping. Also watching David Attenborough documentarys is excellent.
Old 21-02-2007, 21:44
Palladium Member

Male from United States
Desertfox must live here.Desertfox must live here.Desertfox must live here.Desertfox must live here.Desertfox must live here.Desertfox must live here.Desertfox must live here.
Points: 1,166, Level: 5 Points: 1,166, Level: 5 Points: 1,166, Level: 5

the dark side of OZ
which is just the Wizard of oz but with pink Floyd's dark side of the moon starting to play on the MGM lion's third roar.
metaphorical for life really
Old 21-02-2007, 22:44

32 y/o Male from United States
tassadar is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1

How about the Lord of the Rings? Afterall, this entire movie IS about a bunch of kids tripping on LSD.
Old 21-02-2007, 23:56
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox View Post
the dark side of OZ
which is just the Wizard of oz but with pink Floyd's dark side of the moon starting to play on the MGM lion's third roar.
metaphorical for life really

I got an even better one. Get the 2001: A Space Odyssey dvd and put on the Jupiter chapter - where Dave goes through the space vortex and in the end is reborn as the star child - and simultaneously put on the song Echoes from the Pink Floyd album 'Meddle'. It syncs perfectly and is a insane and trippy ride of not too long duration.

Or you could watch 2001: A Space Odyssey just as is, which is great anyways, probably one of my top three favourite movies of all time. Great music and visuals and its extremely abstract so there is little plot or dialogue to really follow besides what you interpret from the audio-visual presentation. Having seen it a few times before would make it even better as you would have a good idea of what's going on and could just put yourself into the reality of the film!
Old 23-02-2007, 02:51
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Canada
seechao is a decent psychonaut.seechao is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 211, Level: 2 Points: 211, Level: 2 Points: 211, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

SWIM would suggest, after some research, that the best films to watch on lsd, if you havent seen them, are baraka, chronos, nagoyaqatsi, powaqqatsi, and koyaanisqatsi. These are AMAZING films, non-verbal documentaries, pure image, pure beauty, with an amazing impact.... also, not for the feint of heart, but SWIY should watch natural born killers, its amazing, SWIM swears there is much more to the movie while on acid, totaly new film... even lines that cant be made out sober, you can hear them, but cant make them out, unless SWIY is tripping, great times.
Old 23-02-2007, 08:46
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from USA - Illinois
zera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7

One swim forgot was this show called the Boondocks on Adult Swim. It's animation is amazing (swim believes that they spend more on animating each episode than any other cartoon). It's also very very subversive towards modern American culture, and there's nothing swim likes better when tripping than criticizing society.

Swim doesn't really watch anime, but Dragon Ball Z is pretty sweet while tripping.
Old 26-02-2007, 01:18

Male from United States
Toltec is a decent psychonaut.Toltec is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 145, Level: 1 Points: 145, Level: 1 Points: 145, Level: 1

Personally watching movies on LSD sucks! Why; it keeps you grounded for one, keeps you from properly tripping (from what i remember) drifting away, so to speak. Unless you're only taking small amounts, just for a head high/experience, then sure its fine. Though I have come across allot of folks who where to afraid to completely let go of reality and drift away like i use to like to do, but thats OK.

If I was to recommend one, only because I once turned on the tube while tripping during the wee hours of the morning. A flick called "The Adventures of Baron Münchhausen" comes to mind, was playing on the tube, OMG what a trip that was.

From what i remember;
It was so, surrealistic!
cheers

Last edited by Jatelka; 22-02-2010 at 19:13.
Old 26-02-2007, 05:19

micktravis is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been years, but these two always did the trick:

The Stunt Man
O Lucky Man!

The second film is quite hard to find - it's not out on DVD, but I highly recommend it regardless of any chemical refreshment.

Share this on:

Tags
alice in wonderland, baraka, charlie and the chocolate factory, fantasia, fear and loathing in las vegas, lsd, lsd and movies, lsd culture, lsd setting, movies on lsd, the imaginarium of doctor parnassus