Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 27-10-2006, 06:41
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Carisoprodol Experiences

I've always had glamourous ideas of what carisoprodol does to the human body, possibly because I never expected to run into it. I have been reading about carisoprodol/meprobamate pharmaco-logy, -dynamics, -kinetics for over two years without ever having a single encounter with the classic skeletal muscle relaxant. So I could, up until recently, only use logical reasoning to determine what such a compound would feel like. There were a few things I could be sure of. For example, I knew the sedative nature would resemble a cross between that seen with moderate/long-acting benzodiazepines. But I want to write about this feeling. And before I do, please note that I am not incriminating myself by posting this. I have a valid physician's prescription in my posession and I have taken the dose suggested. NOTE: these findings are somewhat obsecured due to a 3 day amphetamine pattern SWIM has engaged in and it's important to know that muscular exhaustion and extreme muscle tone will no doubt magnify any physiological or psychological improvement.

Carisoma; (carisoprodol) - - - a scored, white circular tablet containing 350 milligrams of carisoprodol and bears the imprint "WALLACE". I dissolved two tablets, after scoring them, in a small amount of lukewarm filtered H2O. The tabs dissolved quickly and I swallowed the mixture. Effects were noted after a quick 10 minutes had passed and continued to strengthen for 45 minutes. I am very very very groggy so I'm going to sleep and continue later.
Old 27-10-2006, 07:15
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Re: The joys of carisoprodol

Yikes, no wonder SWIY is drowsy... 3 days is a long time. It (Soma) sounds like a pleasant substance, from other links SWIM has checked out... please do report back.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
laws0n is a decent psychonaut.laws0n is a decent psychonaut.
Swim took Soma

Swim found some zoma and tooke 2 350mg pills. Swim had no ideas of the affects that are besically like vailum or xanax. and Swim took 2 more and is just coming up on those. Swim has a prescription is 3 a day. And was wondetring what some basics are on this drug. I feel a little bit tipsy without the nausea whoich is great.

I was wondering if there were some things that you could do to boost or make the high more enjoyable. SWIM read that is it a muscle relaxer but acts just like a Xanax. Please Help SIWM with some fun things to do whole on this THANKS =). (and as you can tell im on it reight now)
Old 11-01-2007, 07:15
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Re: Swim took zoma

Invite all of SWIM's friend's over for a Slumber Party?

Just be damned careful to warn SWIM that combining any sedative woth other sedatives - including alcohol - will potentiate both drugs. This can easily result in an overdose needing treatment in a hospital - or a funeral home.

I am assuming you mean Soma - carisoprodol.

Post Quality Evaluations:
hospital or funeral home, says it all for me

Last edited by Nagognog2; 11-01-2007 at 07:20.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:51
Gold Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.
Points: 1,253, Level: 5 Points: 1,253, Level: 5 Points: 1,253, Level: 5
Re: Swim took Soma

ummm... you could have fun with or without the drug just doing what you like doing.

the only time swim took soma was when a girl he worked with managed to procure some from her dad's medicine cabinet. she and swim and two other co-workers went to an amusement park and rode roller coasters and other rides all day (swim had never been there since he moved to this state, so they had all planned to go anyway; the soma was just a nice bonus). swim found the combination of marijuana and soma (marijuana was smoked prior to entering the park, of course) to be quite relaxing, though it didn't make anything "more fun."

the point is, just enjoy the effects of soma. don't try to force it to be a fun drug. do what you think would be fun, whether it's laying back and watching tv or going out to an amusement park. it's not the kind of drug that will make everything suddenly awesome, but it's a nice comfortable feeling that can enhance enjoyment of whatever you already like.

of course, that's just swim's opinion...

great advice, "Don't try to force it to be a fun drug" more should follow this
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by laws0n View Post
Swim found some zoma and tooke 2 350mg pills. Swim had no ideas of the affects that are besically like vailum or xanax. and Swim took 2 more and is just coming up on those. Swim has a prescription is 3 a day. And was wondetring what some basics are on this drug. I feel a little bit tipsy without the nausea whoich is great.

I was wondering if there were some things that you could do to boost or make the high more enjoyable. SWIM read that is it a muscle relaxer but acts just like a Xanax. Please Help SIWM with some fun things to do whole on this THANKS =). (and as you can tell im on it reight now)
SWIdr advises SWIY to be extremly careful when it comes to combing CNS deppressants! But Soma (Carisprodol) has worked well (In SWIdr's experiences) with small amounts of benzos such as xanax, opiates such as hydrocodone, and ethnobotanicals like kratom and kava. SWIdr is experienced when it comes to CNS depressant combos, so be careful if SWIY is new and planning on trying any of these combos an or others.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:02
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Carisoprodol Info (mostly from rxlist)

Chemically Carisoprodol is N-isopropyl-2-methyl-2-propyl-1,3-propanediol dicarbamate. The molecular formula is C 12 H 24 N 2 O 4 . It is slightly soluble in water, and freely soluble in acetone and alcohol. In the US it is available as 350mg tablets.

It is a centrally acting skeletal muscle relaxant. Mode of action not clearly defined, but in animal studies it blocks neuronal transmission and depresses activity in polysynaptic neurones in the spinal cord and reticular formation.

It is rapidly absorbed after oral abministration, metabolised by the liver (By Cytochrome P450) and excreted via the kidneys. One of the metabolites is meprobamate (which is an anxiolytic in it's own right).

It is licensed as an adjunct to rest and physiotherapy in the treatment of painful musculoskeletal conditions in the short term (recommendation is not to continue beyond two to three weeks).

Therapeutic dose is 350mg three times a day.

Side effects include:

Tachycardia, postural hypotension, and facial flushing.
Drowsiness,dizziness, vertigo, ataxia, tremor, agitation, irritability, headache, depressive reactions, syncope, seizures, and insomnia.
Nausea, vomiting, hiccup, and epigastric discomfort.
Idiosyncratic symptoms associated with the first dose have also been reported, typically appearing within minutes or hours. Symptoms reported include: extreme weakness, dizziness, ataxia, temporary loss of vision, diplopia, mydriasis (pupil dilatation), dysarthria, agitation, euphoria, confusion, and disorientation. Symptoms usually subside over the course of the next several hours.
As with any drug allergic reactions ranging from a rash to anaphylaxis may occur.

Dependance and withdrawal symptoms have been reported with use beyond several months. Withdrawal symptoms include cramps, insomnia, headache, nausea, and seizures. It is unclear whether this is primarily due to Carisoprodol itself or to it's metabolite meprobamate (which is also habit forming).

As mentioned previously effects are addictive with others downers. It goes without saying that driving and operating heavy machinery are to be avoided.

Overdose causes respiratory depression, seizures and coma. In lesser cases nystagmus, hypotension, euphoria, paradoxical agitation, muscular rigidity, dystonic reations, headache and hallucinations may occur.

gotta love a woman, who knows and does her research
Old 12-01-2007, 08:23
Silver Member

Male from United States

SWIM was prescribed cyclobenzaprine and that didnt work so SWIM's doctor gave me Soma to try. It is a muscle relaxant but is it also a tranquilizer, or a benzo. Or is it in its own catagory?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:27
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

It is classed as a skeletal muscle relaxant (and as such, is unscheduled in the US). One of it's metabolites (as stated above) is meprobamate which is an anxiolytic (and, interestingly, Schedule IV). It is definitely NOT a benzo.
Old 15-01-2007, 07:56
Silver Member

Male from United States

SWIM is perscribed 3 a day but takes then at night, 1 fallowed by 20 minutes, than another one, then the 3rd one after 20 more minutes. Can anyone recommend another way of taking it that is better?
Old 15-01-2007, 21:38
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
It is classed as a skeletal muscle relaxant (and as such, is unscheduled in the US).
Are you sure about that?

Swim would always use Norflex in the past as a skeletal muscle relaxant but while its OTC in his home country and in Canada he was surprised to find that its a prescription medicine in the US!

SWIJ stands corrected. It was scheduled in 2002
Old 08-02-2007, 17:51
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Spain
Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,445, Level: 5 Points: 1,445, Level: 5 Points: 1,445, Level: 5
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Carisoprodol Experiences

Recently SWIM got some Carisoma From Walter Labs. He tried them yesterday, and let me tell you that if you like downers this is something you have to try.

Set: at home after a long day at work. Had a Shower and was ready to relax before going to bed. Onset: 10-30 min. Peak:2 hours. Total trip: Unknown

T+0 SWIM takes 2 pills 700 mg 2 hours after dinner. He was already tired for a hard day and not too much sleep

T+20min He realizes that walking feels different, and his whole body is a bit numb.

T+1h he now feels sedated and somehow euphoric. He enjoys very much playing guitar and his skills aren't impaired. He likes it but feel like he needs a boost.

T+1:20 He smokes a joint of mj. Perfect combo as usual with MJ and he is extremely relaxed but still playing guitar and very focus.

T+2h He lies down and feels the warmth of the sheets and nordic. He watches tv a little more but falls deeply sleep in about 20 minutes.

After effects. In the morning he feels groggy. But he always do anyway.

Very fun downer. Recommended. More euphoric and social than benzos and walking is so funny is almos psychedelic.

Use with caution, this IS very addicting, you realize of it the first time.
Always keep your doses low and avoid develop tolerance i.e give time between trips.

Thanks for sharing
Nice report, just what i was looking for
Excellent experience report, thank you for sharing!
Old 30-03-2007, 21:32
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Soma (Carisoprodol) experiences... ?

SWIM didn't find much on Soma using search (unless he missed something MAJOR), and he's interested in finding a few things out about it:

* Does the high resemble benzos, Ambien, or what?
* Is it euphoric at all?
* Any recreational value to SWIY?

Thankx...
Old 30-03-2007, 23:23
fizzle fizzle is nu online
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: Soma experiences... ?

Soma is a muscle relaxer. It is sort of like a benzo but more sedating. Some people like it, others dont. Swim loves it and finds it as a good sleep aid when needed or back pain. You definitely wont be going anywhere after taking it (depending how much).
Old 18-04-2007, 03:44

Male
DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4
Re: Soma experiences... ?

Taking a smaller dose of Soma (dose ranges from person to person) with a couple of beers can give one the tiniest hint of an opiate buzz. But be careful when mixing CNS depressants!
Old 26-04-2007, 04:14

Male
pillz is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
Re: Soma (Carisoprodol) experiences... ?

swim agrees with DrMuffy not to mix CNS depressents. swim was on antipsychotics and klonopin at the time when swim mixed the soma with the other 2. he didnt even feel a high or relaxed at all for very long as it was followed by about 15 minutes of heart pounding crap.swim spent the rest of the time (until the quetiapine kicked in) and fell asleep. dont ask swim why that kind of reaction happened because it is still a mystery to him.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:12
Silver Member

Male from United States

SWIM was perscribed soma for TMJ

The dose was 1 350mg 3 times a day. But swim hates downers during the day so SWIM took 3 during the night =). SWIM's first time he took 2 while some friends were over late night. 10-15 minutes later SWIM felt very light header and tingly. SWIM didnt feel like opiate tingly but more like enegry tingly. SWIm's body felt very heavy and it was very fun to watch a tv show while dosing off to sleep. The best thing about it is SWIM didnt have to hide it from anyone, because his mom knew he was taking them for pain reasons. The effects lasted for around 3 hours and when SWIM woke uphe felt a little tired but no real hangover. SWIM would recomend it =).
Old 05-06-2007, 05:53
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
Binzkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

SWIM recently recieved a prescription for 350mg Carisoprodol(soma) pills. Through SWIM's research he has discovered that 1-2 350mg pills are usually enough for recreational use, but he wonders what the maximum safe dose would be for a 155lb person such as SWIM. SWIM does not plan on hitting that maximum threshold, so he would only use your input as a reference. SWIM just wants to know what a safe dose would be, but also the limit of what is considered a safe dose.......

Thank You All
Ricky B.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:47
Silver Member

Male from United States

SWIM weighing around 155 pounds too could take 4 at a time without any tolorance. But SWIM realized that he would rather take 2 then 2 more an hour later, 4 didnt do much more than 2 did anyways.
Old 11-06-2007, 23:20
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
Binzkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

SWIM has found there is a very fine line between a fun dose of soma and stumbling around like a jackass, be carefull..

Good to know.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:17

26 y/o Male from United States
Probing Tranquility is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2

SWIM use to get the 250 mg soma but now gets the 350 mg ones. SWIM takes two or three and is pretty mellow. SWIM prefers to take them allow with other downers instead of them alone.
Old 14-06-2007, 07:01
Titanium Member

Male from United States
keats is captain of the psychonauts.keats is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 374, Level: 3 Points: 374, Level: 3 Points: 374, Level: 3

SWIM's definately never seen any recreational use in muscle relaxants, but that is indeed personal opinion. To swim they're like less euphoric benzos, which aren't that euprohic to bein with. They'll most certainly fuck you up, but not neccesarily in a goog way.
Old 14-06-2007, 12:44
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

These were popular with kids (young teens) when I was growing up. They were easy to get and became a replacement for meprobamate - which was used as a tranquilizer before the benzodiazepines took over. With a little molecular tinkering, meprobamate returned as Soma - now a muscle-relaxant.

Taking up to 750mg of carisoprodol (Soma) was about as high as most kids could/would go if they had any intention of being able to do simple tasks like climb a flight of stairs (with difficulty), or not end up soaking wet after trying to take a piss. 1000mg and they borrowed the name once used for barbituates (also one popular and easy to find in mommy's medicine cabinet): Wallbangers. And Wallbangers they are. For some 500mg will leave a lasting impression (in the plaster work). For others 1000mg will leave a twisted trail of destruction on the way from the bedroom to the bath and kitchen.

God help you if you make it to the garage and can work the key in the ignition.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
Re: Carisoprodol Experiences

since Carisoprodol metabolizes into Meprobamate what are SWIY's opinions about the depencdence level of this drug. Like is it more addictive than benzos? less? or what? SWIM wants to be able to quit when he wants to and not go through withdrawls.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:18
Titanium Member

Male
csharpprogrammer is a decent psychonaut.csharpprogrammer is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 509, Level: 3 Points: 509, Level: 3 Points: 509, Level: 3
Re: Carisoprodol Experiences

SWIM used to do a CWE on 20 Vicodin ES and take 4-5 350mg carisoprodol tablets. It felt great. SWIM says when he took 5 carisoprodol tablets, he would feel like he just drank a lot of beer.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, alprazolam, anxiety, anxiolytic, barbiturates, beer, benzo, benzodiazepine, benzodiazepines, benzos, carisoprodol, carisoprodol experiences, carisprodol, caution, clonazepam, cns depressant, cyclobenzaprine, downer, downers, drowsiness, drug, drugs, drunk, euphoria, euphoric, flexeril, hangover, heroin, hypnotic, ibuprofen, intoxication, kava, kava drink, lincoln, lorazepam, marijuana, methadone, muscle relaxant, muscle relaxants, opiate, opiates, opioids, orgasm, overdose, oxycodone, pill id, relaxer, sedative, sedatives, sleep aid, sleeping pills, sober, soma, speed, tramadol, tranquilizer, watson, weed, withdrawal symptoms, xanax