Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 08-02-2007, 11:17
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Benzodiazepine Induced Panic Attacks?

SWIJ found this case report...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...=1310&catid=27

Which indicated that benzodiazepines may INDUCE panic attacks (independant of actual withdrawal from the benzo).

Any SWIY's have similar experiences/anecdotes etc?
Old 08-02-2007, 13:59
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%
Re: Benzodiazepine Induced Panic Attacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
SWIJ found this case report...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...=1310&catid=27

Which indicated that benzodiazepines may INDUCE panic attacks (independant of actual withdrawal from the benzo).

Any SWIY's have similar experiences/anecdotes etc?
Swia had some paranoid like effects when she was toying with clonazepam
this was during acute effects perhaps 3 hours into it, she was using alot of that benzo weeks prior.

Found this:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

Quote:
Stressful reactions and panic attacks induced by flumazenil in chronic benzodiazepine users

The acute effects of flumazenil, a benzodiazepine (BZD) receptor antagonist in long-term BZD users were used as a possible test to detect physiological dependence. Thirty-four subjects (20 females, 14 males) aged 26-48 years (mean + SD, 42.4+/-8.5 years), all chronic users of low doses of diazepam (5-20 mg/day, 14.2+/-4.8 mg/day) for 5 to 28 years (10.5+/-6 years), received a single 1-mg i.v. flumazenil dose or saline, infused slowly under double-blind conditions. Physiological dependence was suggested as all patients receiving flumazenil developed an anxiety reaction while the placebo group did not. Flumazenil triggered a qualitatively different reaction amounting to a panic attack during infusion in nine out of 15 patients. These patients had a diagnosis of panic disorder or a history of panic attacks. Caution should be exercised when giving flumazenil to panic patients who are taking BZDs as maintenance treatment.
Old 08-02-2007, 15:11
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Interesting Alicia. Can SWIJ ask how long SWIY had been using Clonazepam? What kind of doses? What kind of time period between doses? And if SWIY doesn't mind elaborating? What kind of paranoid effects?

SWIJ knows the abstract, however flumazenil is a benzodiazepine antagonist, which (in the UK) is only used to reverse medically induced benzodiazepine overdose. In the benzo dependant individual this WOULd lead to withdrawal: But that doesn't seem to be implicated in this case report or in SWIA's experience.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:33
Banned

27 y/o Male
Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.
Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim has also had rebound effects when taking too much kpin when he feels angst coming on. it just makes me irratible and fidgety. but if he takes the recommended dose it does just fine.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:32
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
Interesting Alicia. Can SWIJ ask how long SWIY had been using Clonazepam? What kind of doses? What kind of time period between doses? And if SWIY doesn't mind elaborating? What kind of paranoid effects?

Swia had been using it daily for 5 weeks she was unaware of how morish they were. there was also a lot of polydrug use mainly alchole and weed in the background the doses she would eat 2mg to 7 mg a day.

the paranoid effects were more when swia was out since she already is some what of a social misfit she can socialize just finds if difficult with beeing with groups of people hence why she seemed to be using clonazepam on a daily basis.

She also thinks the paranoid effects could of also been down too the fact she had not eaten for days as well when she had gotten into taking the clonazepam, paranoid effects were mainly overwhelming urges to hide and cry, she was panic stricken over silly pointless things, manic like behavior was said from people who remember what swia was like. she loved parts of this some of it she has no real memory of bad events.

So perhaps the polydrug , lack of food for days may have contributed. either way she dont play with benzo's so much due to where it led her. Such a shame swia felt she could do anything she was calm when she started taking them.She could go anywhere with them. although can see why there reluctant to give them to people who anxiety issues yet they do use them to treat people with anxiety dont know what went wrong with swia thou.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

SWIdr has nver really had a benzodiazepine-induced panic attack. They always make him feel relaxed, even after they wear off. The only benzo (that SWIdr has tried) that created a somewhat extreme rebound affect was what he took .5 mg of triazolam (Halcion). He was smoking a little majijuana too, but once he could tell the benzo was wearing off, he became frantic, somewhat paranoid, and had to take some diazepam to help him get back to baseline.
The shorter half-life a benzo has, usually makes the chances of having a panic attack and or rebound effect when they wear off. SWIdr is surprised the above benzodiazepine-induced panic attacks were cause by clonazepam, which has the longest half-life of all the benzos....
Old 09-02-2007, 20:53
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Iran
arman is on the way uparman is on the way uparman is on the way uparman is on the way up
Points: 627, Level: 3 Points: 627, Level: 3 Points: 627, Level: 3
feeling bad on strong benzos (allergic reaction?)

about the 3 years ago when SWIM first took 1mg clonazepam, his first benzo, for the first time it was just nice. SWIM quickly fell in love with clonazepam and used it many times for many different purposes. SWIM tried many other benzos with good results.

about a year ago SWIM took 1mg alprazolam (generic) for the first time, he felt really ill on it. He felt like his stomach and throat are just too relaxed and started making him nauseous, this feeling lasts for about 3 hours, then just slightly sedated. After this experience he had this same feeling on any other strong benzo. It feels like there is something wrong with his throat and especially when drinking swim is going to vomit. Maybe it is swelling of throat which means SWIM has allergy to benzos, but it should not be possible to become allergic something after some experience.

any SWIM had similar experience?
Old 19-04-2007, 03:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

34 y/o Female
assionyx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

SWIM found that the more she took it, the more she needed it. withdrawls = anxiety, felt like SWIM couldn't breathe without taking more. SWIM feels, looking back, that her heart rate couldn't be at a normal pace, ever... either sedated on benzos or accelrerating to the point of severe discomfort, therefore needing another benzo to slow it down.

read the side effects, many benzos or other anti-anxieties have a common paradoxal effect. made SWIM laugh when she read the information package...
Old 23-05-2013, 00:29
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from Earth
Yush is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

Yes,I have gotten Panic Attacks on Tavor ...(Lorazepam)
But I don't think it happened because of the drug.
I think it happened because of the fact that Tavor makes me wanna puke and fucks up my stomach.

Thing is that...whenever I feel like puking,I get completely paranoid,start having Panic Attacks and and my anxiety reaches the roof.
So It was like : Tavor made me want to puke,and wanting to puke led me to having a Panic attack.

(As you might understand,I got an issue with vomiting)

I don't know if that counts.

Share this on:

Tags
panic attack