Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 04-02-2007, 11:37

35 y/o Female
Kpinman should review received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What to say to doctor about klonopin (Clonazepam)

Klonopin is no longer working for SWIM. 3mg daily. SWIM would like xanax or valium -- but doesn't feel out right able to tell doctor this. So far, I've told doctor that Klonopin hasn't been working well (still feeling anxious, racing thoughts, unable to relax). Doctor said keep trying, this time 1.5 in the morning, and 1.5 at night.

It's been 8 days now and everything is still the same. Right now I'm taking Effexor for depression, and seroquel (low dose) for bipolar disorder.

What can I say to get something more effective besides klonopin?
Old 04-02-2007, 16:14
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Re: What to say to doctor about klonopin

Tell the doctor that you are "(still feeling anxious, racing thoughts, unable to relax)." If the doctor doesn't help you - find another doctor that specializes in anxiety-disorders. There are a number of new treatments available that don't use drugs - and they are said to work by those who tried them.

You don't want to get addicted to benzodiazepines (klonopin, xanax, etc.). And no decent doctor would want that either.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:27
Banned

27 y/o Male
Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.
Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3

swim would say bluntly that the pills are no longer working and swiy would like something stronger. if he's a good doctor he'll listen.
Old 13-03-2007, 09:59

43 y/o Male
Sickpup is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

SWIM is/was in very similiar situation.SWIM was on 3mg K-pin and took 5 months and discontinuation of zolft to get an increase to 4mg kpin.Very few docs that write k-pin,will write xanax which swim preferes.so what you need to do is get a copy of your records and find a doctor or clinic that will write xanax.SWIM wouldnt go for valium because the generics are garbage ,and the branded SWIM believes is expensive.Being SWIY isn't on an ssri which imo is good.Its very tight treating anxiety.p-docs are claiming that k-pin is a mood stablizer,and to add a few mg of xanax per day for breakthru is unethical.Also unless someone has a terminal verifiable condition its a miricole to get more than 4mg per day of either from 1 doc.If SWIY isnt even on lithium SWIY can get much better meds from a non p-doc.
Old 13-03-2007, 22:01
Banned

27 y/o Male
Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.
Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3

ha, swim's known psychs who prescibe seroquel and risperdone as "mood-stabilizers".
Old 13-03-2007, 22:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male
roman6886 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1

Swim has been on effexor(similar to welbutrin) before (hated it) and took it for depression/anxiety and its stimulant style properties to help with adhd. Kept Swim up alot. if swiy is going to a pyschiatrist be careful if they get the hint swiy is addicted(or swiy ask for something) they wont even listen to any substance that is addictive (benzo, sleeping pills). Swim found regular family doctors are better to deal with as long a swiy has every medication swiy is taking under control and wouldnt need to consult a "professional" and never ask for something always better to say a relative thought you might want to try something diff for anxiety and recommened ____.

advice- maybe try a new ssri or maoi, prozac is known for its non sedating effect and has worked best for swim, maybe lexapro --- if swiy doesnt have to be alert swim would stay away from a fast acting causes a very slippery slope
Old 21-07-2010, 20:35
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
UpperAndDowner is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What to say to doctor about klonopin (Clonazepam)

Try explaining to your doctor that in fact, your anxiety/insomnia is starting to get bad again... as if the drug is losing its Magic. Tell him to put you on Lorazepam instead if anything, it is very strong and from personal experience, I have found it much more effective for anxiety and depression. if your taking 3 mgs of Klonopin, than around 4-6 mg lorazepam is needed. Damn that's a lot tho...

I am not suggesting this but, maybe you should probably reduce ur dose of Klonopin by .5 every 2 weeks, than switch over to diazepam and get off it...

Or see if your doctor is willing to at least add a new Benzo and reduce the dose of clonazepam. For example, Nitrazepam for sleep and 2 mg clonazepam during the day in divided doses. I'd recommend temazepam for sleep but... you really don't wanna get addicted to that 1... the withdrawal was IMO worse than Nitrazepam withdrawal.
Old 21-07-2010, 20:50
missparkles missparkles is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17
Activity: 16.3% Activity: 16.3% Activity: 16.3%

This post is 2-3 years old, I'm sure they've sorted it by now. Please check the dates of all post love, sometimes the OP is no longer needing the advice. Although the advice may help someone else, it just adds to the noise (not the signal)ratio of the site.

Thanks.

Sparkles.
Old 21-07-2010, 21:50
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
UpperAndDowner is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh I am very sorry, didn't notice how old it was. Will be more careful next time. Thanks.
Old 21-07-2010, 22:04
missparkles missparkles is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17
Activity: 16.3% Activity: 16.3% Activity: 16.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperAndDowner View Post
Oh I am very sorry, didn't notice how old it was. Will be more careful next time. Thanks.
No problem sweetheart, to be honest, I've done it myself. I've reported the post so that a mod can decide if it needs deleting or not.

Sparkles.

Share this on:

Tags
anxiety, clonazepam, dealing with doctors, drugs-forum, klonopin, seroquel, xanax