Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-01-2007, 08:15
Silver Member

27 y/o Male
BobTheGreat is a decent psychonaut.BobTheGreat is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Lexapro (Escitalopram) and MDMA?

I wasnt sure but does this belong here or the XTC forum? mods please move if they think better answers will come from there.

Swim has been taking lexapro for a week now and his friends are going to the club this weekend. Swim know lexapro kills the roll but would like more information so he can have some fun this weekend.

1) If he stop taking it now will it be out of his system by the weekend?
2)If the answer to 1 is no, is there a way to flush it out of his system by the weekend?
3) If he takes more x or does it in a more effecient manner(ie plugging) will it give the some high as swims friends?
Old 30-01-2007, 08:27
Banned

Male
Abrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,205, Level: 9 Points: 4,205, Level: 9 Points: 4,205, Level: 9
Re: Just starting taking Lexapro but Swim wants to roll this weekend

Quote:
Unlikely. Although since SWIY has only been taking it for a week it is possible that it has not reached it's full level of effectiveness.

Quote:
2)If the answer to 1 is no, is there a way to flush it out of his system by the weekend?
Not that I am aware of.

I would advise SWIY against it. Ecstasy is really the last thing he should be taking while on anti-depressants.
Old 30-01-2007, 08:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7

SSRIs take about 2-3 weeks to clear out of the system after cessation of use. Can't remember if its Lexapro or not, but SWIM seems to remember that some of the antidepressants are pretty dangerous to stop taking cold turkey, and must be tapered off of instead.

Also, SSRIs usually kill the effect of a roll, and taking more will not necessarily get SWIY into the right frame of mind on ecstasy. One could even end up with a dreaded case of serotonin syndrome. Stay away from MDMA and other such drugs while using antidepressants.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:26

26 y/o Male
CrumbsInTheBed is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

Swim has taken Lexapro on and off for the passed couple years and he knows all too well how harsh the withdraw from this drug can be. Even if Lexapro did not limit the effects of mdma, the withdraw from Lexapro is reason enough to not stop taking it so suddenly, in swim's opinion. Even when swim weaned himself off of Lexapro gradually, he still found that the withdraw symptoms were quite strong. Swiy has only been taking it for a short period of time though, so swim can't guarantee that the aforementioned experiences will be the same.
Old 18-06-2007, 17:15
Gold Member

Female from Earth
toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.
Points: 959, Level: 4 Points: 959, Level: 4 Points: 959, Level: 4

Better late than never, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheGreat View Post

No
Quote:
No
Quote:
3) If he takes more x or does it in a more effecient manner(ie plugging) will it give the some high as swims friends?
No
Old 21-06-2007, 12:39
R.I.P.

Female
cyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way up
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2

No point of rolling if on ssri's, they are a buzz kill. Isn't it odd that doctor's will script those stupid things that are addictive and cause wds and not other tabu meds? Sorry off topic.
Old 22-06-2007, 04:27

26 y/o Male
CrumbsInTheBed is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

Yes yes, I agree.
Old 15-08-2007, 03:19
Silver Member

27 y/o Male
BobTheGreat is a decent psychonaut.BobTheGreat is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi View Post
No point of rolling if on ssri's, they are a buzz kill. Isn't it odd that doctor's will script those stupid things that are addictive and cause wds and not other tabu meds? Sorry off topic.
Most people suffer from some form of depression during some part of their life. Much like cigarettes there is huge amouts of money to be made so drug companies push them. There is no recreational value in ADs so the public is accepting to them even though they cause awful withdraws. If benzos didnt have any rec value they would probably be pushed just as hard if not harder even though their WD symtoms are much, much worse.
Old 25-02-2008, 03:33

Male
KillroyMindless is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheGreat View Post
Most people suffer from some form of depression during some part of their life. Much like cigarettes there is huge amouts of money to be made so drug companies push them. There is no recreational value in ADs so the public is accepting to them even though they cause awful withdraws. If benzos didnt have any rec value they would probably be pushed just as hard if not harder even though their WD symtoms are much, much worse.
yep sad but true and no dont mix those i was on lexapro for a bit.... i really dont reconmend it if you want to do it with your friends badly enough nothing we can say will stop you but i dont think ANYONE here would lie to you and validate it by saying ya go ahead. Im hoping you didnt post this just so you could go in there saying to yourself mentaly (they said it would work on the forum so it will) and try and plazebo or something but mdma can result in a coma im not sure but this could be increased even with drugs that reduce its effect and well to be honest it doesnt seem worth all the hastle to me but im not sure if youve ever done mdma but its overexagerated alot
Old 25-02-2008, 03:38

Male
KillroyMindless is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Re: Lexapro (Escitalopram) and MDMA?

srry about the double post but also ecstasy can be speed based, heroin based, laced with acid, and anything they want to do with it really. Thats why people call it a desighner drug and even if mdma/ssri doesnt hurt you what ever else gets thrown into the mix can and its very hard to fiqure out whats what with that kinda crap so... now that i think of that i deffinatly wouldnt recomend it at all and if you need an excuse or something so your friends dont give you shit for not taking it you can always say that a person on a drug forum said it wasnt a good idea just like i can use uas to get people to leave me alone about useing drugs. Dont be ashamed to turn that crap down. If this is the case? im just going off of the assumption because thats how i would have acted and wanted to do it
Old 25-02-2008, 07:23
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: Lexapro (Escitalopram) and MDMA?

KillroyMindless: Before you go spreading misinformation about the place, I suggest you go and peruse the MDMA forum.

Ecstacy IS (or should be) MDMA, it has nothing to do with heroin or LSD, and there is NO evidence that pills are laced with such.

Share this on:

Tags
anti depressants, antidepressant, cipralex, cipramil, citalopram, drug, ecstacy, ecstasy, escitalopram, lexapro, lexapro and mdma, mdma, mdma combination, molly, recreational use, serotonin, serotonin syndrome, ssri, ssri interactions, xtc