GHB GHB, GBL and related psychoactive substances

Old 09-01-2007, 15:08
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

49 y/o Male
DexSmarts is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
GBL legal status

So im taking it that its still legal in some states? excluding:California, Hawaii, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon?
Old 10-01-2007, 22:32

Male
thegoodfight should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Re: GBL status

What does swiy mean by "legal". Swim believes that it is an analog under federal law
Old 11-01-2007, 06:13

Male from Switzerland
garbled is a decent psychonaut.garbled is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexSmarts View Post
So im taking it that its still legal in some states? excluding:California, Hawaii, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon?
How about: excluding the UNITED states.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10
Titanium Member

Male from Thailand
Pomzazed probably knows what they are talking about.Pomzazed probably knows what they are talking about.Pomzazed probably knows what they are talking about.Pomzazed probably knows what they are talking about.Pomzazed probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 560, Level: 3 Points: 560, Level: 3 Points: 560, Level: 3

Gamma Buterolactone is controlled substance in Thailand, and is permitted to use in industrial purpose only. License is needed in obtaining GBL here.
(This also applies to 1,4-butanediol)
Old 23-01-2007, 20:39
Palladium Member

25 y/o Male from Finland
psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.
Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6

I don't think that author is interested about it's legal status around the world, but if you're going to expand the thread to deal with legal status around the globe, I think it's totally uncontrolled in Finland. GHB is sold for worst cases of insomnia under the brand name Xyrem by prescription.
Old 24-01-2007, 11:37
Palladium Member

Male from Netherlands
WrtngCocaineTutorial probably knows what they are talking about.WrtngCocaineTutorial probably knows what they are talking about.WrtngCocaineTutorial probably knows what they are talking about.WrtngCocaineTutorial probably knows what they are talking about.WrtngCocaineTutorial probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,358, Level: 7 Points: 2,358, Level: 7 Points: 2,358, Level: 7

I vote for extending the thread to gbl around the world.

I've seen Canada as a counrty gbl is shipped from, so I suppose it's legal there.
Old 25-01-2007, 18:42

Male
thegoodfight should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrtngCocaineTutorial View Post
I vote for extending the thread to gbl around the world.

I've seen Canada as a counrty gbl is shipped from, so I suppose it's legal there.

Swim second's this!
GBL is made by a few companies in Japan and China. What is the status in those countries?
Old 26-01-2007, 06:01

Male from Switzerland
garbled is a decent psychonaut.garbled is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

GBL is now a listed chemical in Canada (as of 2003). I have heard that both GBL and GHB are outlawed in Japan. As far as I know they both are illegal in Canada, USA, NZ, Australia. But, although GBL is a List 1 chemical in the US, I understand that BDO is NOT listed.

FWIW, GBL and BDO are still legal in the US, they are just illegal if intended for human consumption. Once they prove you are in possession of either "for human consumption", that's when the noose tightens. Take the case of David Calder of Scotland. Because he "knew" the GBL he was selling to Americans was intended for human consumption, he too was in violation of US law.
Old 26-01-2007, 06:59
Silver Member

Male
boagoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
AW: GBL status

GBL is legal in germany, but it is watched via a "voluntarily monitoring system" . vendors should check buyers and normally the should save some information like name + address...

but it's a voluntarily system, you only need to find a vendor who don't want to know who you are =)

ghb is illegal in germany.
Old 26-01-2007, 10:04
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from USA - Illinois
zera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7

The DEA threshold limit for GBL is 0 kilograms, with the only exeption being when it is sold and transported in a 4,000 kilogram or greater container. That is to say if you want to buy GBL you need to purchase a 4,000 kilogram shipment, and if you don't think Joe Schmoe is going to get a visit from his local friendly field office after ordering 4,000 kilograms of a list I chemical, you probably are too stupid to be playing chemistry.

There is no possible way that you will obtain GBL from any legitimate organization that does business in the United States, and there is no way that if customs finds you importing it that you'll get away with it (it's also illegal to import in anything less than a 4,000 kilogram container). So for all intents and purposes GBL is a controlled substance in the US.
Old 27-04-2007, 17:14

Male
pillz is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2

swim doesnt think it is fully illegal in the usa, but if it isnt fully illegal it is definately a watched chemical just as any ephedrine products are.
Old 27-04-2007, 17:20
Gold Member

Male
darawk is on the way updarawk is on the way updarawk is on the way up
Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3

It's not illegal in the U.S. To my knowledge, it's still sold OTC in some states(albeit, mixed in with other substances).
Old 25-06-2007, 22:19
Silver Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
Secure.H is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Re: Legal status of GBL in Mexico?

I am still curious swim thinks this really a no-brainer. GBL is not even illegal in the states simply a list 1 watched chem. It wouldn't even be illegal to drive back with a gallon! Or lets say it wouldn't be illegal to posess in the states I won't presume what the international border law is.

Surely it is common in Chihuaha? Unless there is some date rape hysteria there as well and I find Mexicans to be less hysterical a little more libertarian than the US.

Should swim swim across the rio grande and report back?
Old 13-08-2007, 08:24

46 y/o Male
john nelson is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: Legal status of GBL in Mexico?

[quote=Secure.H;278686]I am still curious swim thinks this really a no-brainer. GBL is not even illegal in the states simply a list 1 watched chem. It wouldn't even be illegal to drive back with a gallon! Or lets say it wouldn't be illegal to posess in the states I won't presume what the international border law is.

Surely it is common in Chihuaha? Unless there is some date rape hysteria there as well and I find Mexicans to be less hysterical a little more libertarian than the US.

Should swim swim across the rio grande and report back?[/quote\]

I have to share this, as it just crossed my mind when I was mentaly arranging " swim " in my reply. 1st Lougainus(sp?) came to mind then Spitz. Although different era's the former's lifestyle, confirmed why anyone would spend the better part of their life with men wearing yum yum's,crime figher's da dun da da's. Or whatever you call them. Then the name spitz, a smile cracks my face. Nick Name? Real? And now every time I encounter swim here...never mind .

Back. The law on GHB uses the words analogue or precursers, I forget which. Although scientifically their meaning is dramatically different. In court the interpetation is always the one that hurts you. Swim used to sell lot's of gbl at his nutrition stores. Before they legislated. Swim stopped when the law went into effect. Some of his workers didn't. 7 yrs and 6yrs they stayed at club fed. So it doesn't matter what the written code says it's how they decide it applys to swimmers that day. So save yourself the pain. And that was before the pat act. No more restraints. Like warrants, due process, court orders.
Old 05-09-2007, 23:23
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12
GBL legal in the us?

erowid is confusing me...

GBL became a List 1 chemical on Feb 18, 2000

1,4-Butanediol is not scheduled in the United States though we believe that it may now be scheduled in some states. It is not approved by the FDA for human consumption which generally means that possession is federally legal while sale for human consumption may specifically be illegal. It is possible that possession and sales could be prosecuted under the Federal Analogue Act (as an analog of GHB) although a federal case in New York in 2002 ruled that 1,4-butanediol could not be considered an analogue of GHB under federal law. On December 11, 2002, an 8th Circuit Court in Minnesota ruled that 1,4b was an Analogue under federal law, differences in the cases and jurisdictions means the status of 14b under US Federal Law is not yet fully resolved.

so erowid is saying its legal and ileagel?what is it?
Old 05-09-2007, 23:49
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Re: GBL legal in the us?

It is list 1 and all sales need to be reported. Very watched chem. It is not scheduled in the us. GBL is.
Old 05-09-2007, 23:52
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12

what if it was being shipped from the uk?would those sales also be reported?what would happen if someone was caught ordering it?would customs just steal there shit?or would criminal charges be brought for small amounts like 250ml?
Old 06-09-2007, 00:47
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from USA - Illinois
zera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7

It is illegal to sell GBL in anything less than 50 gallon containers. Small standalone quantities are just as illegal as purchasing scheduled substances.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:01
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
rxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,645, Level: 7 Points: 2,645, Level: 7 Points: 2,645, Level: 7

Theres alot of sketchy sites selling GBL that obviously don't care about goverment protocol. As long as swiy isnt ordering from an official looking chemical company, swiy should not worry to heavily. tend on the side of caution though, as it sucks being woken up by men in black with shields.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:14
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline

However, if SWIY is busted with the GBL (and people have in the US receiving from the UK suppliers) you may get more than a loveletter and they give out long sentences for GHB. The DEA is equally merciless with GBL. SWIY wouldn't chance it as, bottom line, it is illegal. No grey area at all.
1,4BDO would likely bring equally negative attention, though the status of this chem in the US is more ambiguous.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:14
Gold Member

Male from United States

SWIM thinks it may still be legal in canada. Either way, they are not dicks about it like US customs. Because of the date rape thing, and the fact that GHB is nothing short of a miracle drug when used properly, the DEA has a real hard-on for busting anyone with any. And not only is it a bad felony for possession, but you get the label of being a date-rapist. SWIM wonders when possession of GHB will get someone on the sex offender's list automatically - might as well. SWIM knows people have done it, but the stakes are much higher - and it is list I in the US.
Oh, and if SWIY happened to have some drano under the sink, they'll probably pop SWIY for manufacture too...
Old 06-09-2007, 11:43
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Spain
Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,430, Level: 5 Points: 1,430, Level: 5 Points: 1,430, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post

what causes customs to open a package?the company's name?package description xrays?

They ship their gbl in little metallic bottles with ordinary envelopes (at least when they ship to Europe) that is suspicius enough to get it open, the package doesn't say what's in it, but there is a return address.

That is what SWIM told me, he lives in Europe and never had a problem with customs but in his country gbl is unknown.
Old 06-09-2007, 13:45
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth
MrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,133, Level: 13 Points: 9,133, Level: 13 Points: 9,133, Level: 13
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

One would be concerned at any company shipping GBL in metallic bottles.

By all accounts GBL is normally shipped in HDPE containers. Allegedly.
Old 06-09-2007, 14:44
Alfa Alfa is nu online
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,390, Level: 41 Points: 82,390, Level: 41 Points: 82,390, Level: 41
Activity: 44.0% Activity: 44.0% Activity: 44.0%

GBL is a UN red list chemical and thus every UN nation is bound to watch GBL sales and apply punishment to sales/distribution of it if certain conditions are not met. The US and UK have been working closely together on GBL stings in the past and there have been members that have reported that they got into serious troubles over ordering GBL from the UK.

Although GBL is not a controlled substance, purchasing anything over a small quantity of GBL is not legal unless one can prove a legal purpose and has the right paperwork in order. I am sure that many have succeeded in ordering GBL without problems, but there surely is risk involved.

Last edited by MrG; 14-04-2010 at 14:22.
Old 18-11-2007, 07:11

40 y/o Male from Germany
idmacg is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
GBL legal/available in Argentina

SWIM is thinking about a summer holiday in Buenos Aires... Does anyone know of the legal status of GBL in Argentina? Many of the websites refuse orders from Canada, Sweden, Finland and Argentina, which prompts caution...

Share this on:

Tags
drugs, gbl legal status, gbl status