Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 17-12-2006, 05:52
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 338, Level: 2 Points: 338, Level: 2 Points: 338, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Difference between Diphenhydramine HCL and Citrate?

SWIM was doing some antihistamine browsing when she notice that some "sleep" pill have "Diphenhydramine Citrate", while most others, the one she is most used too, has "Diphenhydramine HCL". Is there any major differences between the too in regard to delerient effects?

Also, SWIM noticed the use of "Doxylamine succinate" as a antihistamine in the place of Diphenhydramine HCL. Would this antihistamine be a delerient antihistamine, and has any SWIM's had any experience?

Thanks in advance!
Old 18-12-2006, 01:48
Silver Member

Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.
Re: Difference between HCL and Citrate?

Okay, so the difference in in the sodium intake...

But the second question still interests me.
Old 24-12-2006, 14:21
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
darkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way up
Points: 801, Level: 4 Points: 801, Level: 4 Points: 801, Level: 4

I'll look into this for you. If I obtain enough stuff on Doxylamine Succinate and determine that's it's no more dangerous than Diphen, I'll get me ol' mate SWIM to be guinea pig
Old 24-12-2006, 14:22
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
darkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way up
Points: 801, Level: 4 Points: 801, Level: 4 Points: 801, Level: 4

PS: I'm really looking into it for me, but what the heck...

There's probably loadsa people on here that already know, and by the time I post they will have made any research I do totally redundant.

Meh. *googles to fight boredom*

~dark
Old 15-04-2007, 11:17
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
billysmoke is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Diphenhyrdamine Hydrochloride and Diphenhydramine Citrate

Recently SWIM was searching for a over-the-counter product containing Diphenhydramine HCl, but was only able to find Diphenhyrdamine Citrate. After some research, SWIM only managed to find out that the citrate formula is used for the same low dose purposes as the HCl version. SWIM wants to know: Does the citrate forumla has the same hallucinagenic properties as the HCl formula when consumed in large doses?
Old 20-04-2007, 02:58
Silver Member

Re: Diphenhyrdamine Hydrochloride and Diphenhydramine Citrate

SWIM believes that the Citrate only refers to the sodium content of the drug. SWIM had the same question before, and SWIM has come to the conclusion that it would not change the effects of the drug in higher doses, but has not concluded that in experience, so don't quote her. Hope this helps!
Old 01-05-2008, 17:53

28 y/o Male
GodspeedFx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Re: Difference between Diphenhydramine HCL and Citrate?

The only difference is the salt content.. generally the citrate salt form of a drug often makes it more easily absorbed by the body than the hydrochloride salt form.

That's why in sleep aids that use the citrate form, the amount is lower than that of sleep aids which use the HCl form.

As such, it would be wise to approach a high dose in increments to be safe since the citrate form has the possibility of being more potent.
Old 31-03-2009, 04:17
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Dragonus18 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Diphenhydramine Citrate VS. Diphenhydramine HCI

SWIM used to regularly abuse Diphenhydramine HCI, and SWIM wants to again, he wanted to again around a month ago, but all SWIM could find at the moment was Diphenhydramine Citrate, SWIM ingested 200mg, for a lighter experience, and did not reap any of the effects he'd come to love from diphen, SWIM was wondering whether this was due to tolerance, or if maybe Diphenhydramin Citrate did not work like Diphenhydramine HCI does
Old 31-03-2009, 04:42
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: Diphenhydramine Citrate VS. Diphenhydramine HCI

the citrate will probably require a slightly larger amount to get similar effects due to it being a heavier molecule less of the molecule will fit into twenty five mg or however much. The citrate salt is so much heavier in fact that the it would take one and a half times as much of the citrate salt as the hydrochloride salt. My eleventh grade chem teacher would be proud that I can still do molar mass conversions after all these years! lol

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you so much, your explanation here was helpful and intelligent

Share this on:

Tags
antihistamine, antihistamines, benadryl, dipenhydramine, diphenhydramin, diphenhydramine, diphenydramine, doxylamine, doxylamine succinate, drugs, hydrochloride, sleep aids

Sitelinks: Information: