Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 02-11-2003, 22:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Tommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
The Smoking Benzodiazepines Thread

Yo, im quite new to these forums. Im here because im worried for my girlfriend.

One of her old friends has planned to go out with my girlfriend, they will be drinking quite a lot of alchohol. But also she said they are going to smoke some of her "medication" when i asked her what this was she said it was Valium and "some other stuff".

What can happen to her if she smokes Valium and other anti-anxiety drugs? Will the alchohol effect the smoking of these drugs?

Any advice will be awesome ThanxEdited by: OneDiaDem
Old 03-11-2003, 22:12

27 y/o Male from United States
Pac Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
ive smoked weed and crushed up painkillers to sprinkle on top of a bowl and smoke the weed with the pills(ive never smoked pills just by themselves, never knew you could). if shes doin this plus drinkin, then weed and alcohol intensify each others effects by a lot. and alcohol increases effects of benzoos, thats y they got warnings on labels for prescription drugs.
Old 03-11-2003, 22:27
Gold Member

51 y/o Male from United States
Hollywood is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 630, Level: 3 Points: 630, Level: 3 Points: 630, Level: 3
I think it's a bad idea. These drugs are not made to be smoked. And like Packman said alcohol and benzoos don't mix..............................................
Old 04-11-2003, 11:15

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Well I never heard of anyone smokin valium. It sounds like a really stupid thing to do though, not because it will kill her but because its full of chalks and bases and stuff which is just pointless to smoke. The effects should come on faster but thats the only plus. If they want to have alittle more fun with the stuff tell them to snort it instead. This is slightly less pointless.

Post Quality Evaluations:
yes, good points.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:06

sengge is an unknown quantity at this point
it's a ridiculous idea to smoke valium, don't smoke pills, it doesn't do anything, just eat them.
Old 04-04-2004, 22:03

granby140 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
i tried it and the pill just melter
Old 18-05-2004, 15:56

Lump is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
I never heard of either snorting or smoking v's--sometimes ya get lucky and find a hospital ampoule, but that's rare. Alcohol and valium is a bad, bad mix, specially for one so young. Good way to end up in a coma, especialy if the kids are messing with forces they don't understand. After two decades+ of party hearty, I wouldn't smoke em under any circumstances. Chew em up, yeah, but a nose is a terrible thing to waste, specially when there's plenty of fine stuff to minister to it.

I'd show the youngin some of the results of v&b abuse and mistakes--i.e. young kids in comas who's parents have to decide whether to pull the plug or not, ask her if she wants to put her 'rents in that situation. Girl should stick to getting silly at a kegger, mebe indulging in a spliff, if she wants to live to see some real action. I hope you can help her to make a good decision.
Old 18-05-2004, 19:18
manda

Female
manda is captain of the psychonauts.manda is captain of the psychonauts.manda is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3

Your concern for your girlfriend is really cool. Alcohol and pillsaren't a good mix. I've never heard of anyone smoking valium to get high.Your girlfriend is a lucky person that you care so much.
Old 07-06-2004, 18:07

fiets should review received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Don't know if smoking prescription valium will have some effect, but make your girlfriend clear that she should never combine benzo's with alcohol. These combinations can be deadly.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:44

26 y/o Male
P!MPJU!C3 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 547, Level: 3 Points: 547, Level: 3 Points: 547, Level: 3
Im pretty sure that smokin valium wont even work. I think it has the same effect as cocaine when smoked...nothing. Maybe she would have to "base" her valium before she smokes it just like with cocaine 2 get crack. Tell her nothing of it Tommy. This Valium idea may have a fun placebo effect.

She has no grasp on reality, sadly.
Old 12-09-2004, 00:24

redrum892 is an unknown quantity at this point
P!MPJU!C3 is right on; if you smkoke valuim its just going to burn and be wasted. the proper way to smoke valium would be to freebase it like coke users do. the valium needs to get hot enough to vaporize without a flame actually touching the pill/powder.

That being said it really is a bad idea to mix benzos and alchohol especially for a young girl. I'm an old dirtbag thats abused my body in countless ways and even i wouldn't freebase valium and drink.

If your're gonna be bad, try one drug at a time.

Last edited by Jatelka; 01-01-2009 at 10:55. Reason: code removal
Old 03-11-2004, 21:57

Gurnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 440, Level: 3 Points: 440, Level: 3 Points: 440, Level: 3
My mate told me about thisguy who was smoking a load of valium, said 'c ya later guys', fell off his chair n fucked off to sleep from it. Dunno if it's true or not, if it is it doesn't sound like much fun.

Hilarious
Old 15-11-2004, 10:43
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from United States
hippie_lain is on the way uphippie_lain is on the way uphippie_lain is on the way up
Points: 685, Level: 4 Points: 685, Level: 4 Points: 685, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Ive acually seen people smoking liquid valium on weed but one of them got all twichy. I'd say to tell your girl to pass up on smoking anything that isn't usually smoked
Old 29-12-2004, 10:40

TheCecil is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

whoa, that just sounds like it would be gross. smoking all the extra stuff in the pill? a 10mg valium weigs something like 5-6 grams, thats alot of extra crap in there besides the diezapam. Also i agree with the other guys in the fact that you cant vaporize the chemical in valium and absorb it in your lungs. i think you would be doing more damage to your respitory system than getting an valium buzz.

And i am also in agreement that benzos and alkeyhol is bad news, i did it once and ended up in the freakin hospital......

Be safe with your drugs

peace

-Cecil
Old 10-03-2005, 23:57
Gold Member

40 y/o Male from Canada
QGdoxl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4
I've smoked Clonazepam and it fucks you up. what you have to do
is crush the pill and spread it over a vowl of weed adn slowly heat it
till it melts into the weed and then smoke away.

I understand thatis how coke in HCI forma tis smoked, or just rolled
into a coco puff, heated and smoked also where the heat from the
smoke comming throught the joint it melts it more and combines
with the weed/tobac whatever.

Old 25-08-2005, 01:32

Male from United States
korky8097 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3
so is the virdict that diazepam the chem isnt able to absorb in the
lungs or that all the binders would ruin it? What about pure
dizepam in a vap? Never thought it would work, but something ive
pondered before.
Old 15-09-2005, 04:00

quinone should review received reputation comments.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
I would not even want to fathom what it would be like trying to swallow
a 5 gram pill. Oh my god would that be painful (if even possible).

Anyways, to add something useful to the convo, smoking valium might get
her fucked up (or it might not), but snorting it would get her more
fucked up ... and without the utter destruction of her lungs that
smoking valium would cause

Good point. lmao
Yes snort it dont smoke it, think its terrible for your lungs.if snorten it goes in bloodstream and rest will go down your throut and give same effect as oral use.
snorting it is medically dangerous, smoking it is medically dangerous. please do your reseach instead of making unsubstantiated claims.
Old 11-10-2005, 23:03

Male
bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4

Smoking pill is a stupid thing to do, with all the fillers in them n all, im not very familiar with valium or any other benzo's really but many chemicals to be taken orally are in a salt form which will not work at all for smoking.

if your gonna use em at all, take them they way their made to be taken.

im pretty sure it wont work at all in salt base because of the higher tempurature required to burn up the chemical, though it may combined with weed or something, still not a good idea at all.Edited by: bcStoner420
Old 01-12-2005, 21:48

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
Sorry if this is just a plain dumb question im new to the whole drug thing, can diazepam be smoked from the tablet if they a powered and put into a joint?
Old 01-12-2005, 22:07
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,118, Level: 8 Points: 3,118, Level: 8 Points: 3,118, Level: 8
No. You would need to extract and vaporize, and I do not think it is
effective that way. Since diazepam is very insoluble in water, it would be
hard to extract properly from pill binders. Even then, I don't think
vaporization would work.

Snapper

Valid point.
Old 11-12-2005, 21:52
Silver Member

Male
BorisB is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Don't smoke pills. That's really, really bad for you.

If you had pure crystallized Diazepam, I believe it would be quite possible to smoke with similar intoxicating effects.

I however, have done a small number of idiotic things and did try to smoke crumbled valiums. It seemed to give me a slight intoxication, but it was a waste, made a terrible smell, and made my lungs feel like shit.
Old 12-12-2005, 20:07
Silver Member

Male
BorisB is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
No, the things that hold any pill together are generally quite unhealthy to smoke.
Old 15-12-2005, 00:26

Jeyez is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
this guy tried smoking injectable valium that he soaked his weed in, it kinda worked but it was much more effective in the form it is intended for... if ur gonna try to smoke ur pill which is probably a waste, disolve it in a high proof alc, then put it on ur weed, or dip ur cigarette in it, let dry then smoke away

Last edited by Heretic.Ape.; 17-01-2011 at 01:43. Reason: si
Old 18-12-2005, 08:57
Titanium Member

Male
788.4 is captain of the psychonauts.788.4 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 536, Level: 3 Points: 536, Level: 3 Points: 536, Level: 3
Sort of...

Quote:
In addition to the active ingredient diazepam, each tablet contains the following inactive ingredients: anhydrous lactose, corn starch, pregelatinized starch and calcium stearate with the following dyes: 5-mg tablets contain FD&C Yellow No. 6 and D&C Yellow No. 10; 10-mg tablets contain FD&C Blue No. 1. Valium 2-mg tablets contain no dye.

Quote:
Physical properties: crystaline plates (from acetone and petroleum ether) mp = 125-126oC.
Quote:
Soluble in chloroform, dimethyl formamide, benzene, acetone and alcohol. Slightly soluble in water
Source: http://www.chem.ucalgary.ca/courses/.../ch22-0-1.html

Quote:
editor's note: Diazepam is soluble indeed, but only very slightly, about 1000mg/350ml water
Source: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=8077

Properties of calcium stearate:

Quote:
Solubility: Insoluble in water, alcohol, ether; soluble in mineral oils, hot pyridine.
Source: http://bulkpharm.mallinckrodt.com/_a...msds/CASTA.htm

-----------------------------------

I have never smoked Valium and I have never tried to purify it. But this is what I would do (assuming I only have access to coffee filters, a small pyrex dish or petri dish, a square razor from the hardware store, and Everclear Alcohol).

It's probably best to do this with Valium 2-mg tablets because they contain no dye. All the generics shown in the link above are white as well so I assume they contain no dye.

This method should be able to filter out D&C dies, but FD&C dies will get through. (It's possible to filter them out but most people do not have access to those solvents).

If you have a generic and don't know what kind of dye is in it call the pharmacy and ask. Say you really try to avoid certain types of FD&C dies because you heard they were bad for your brain or something like that. If the pharmacy dosn't know they should be able to give you contact information for the manufacturer (they usually have a toll free number).

If the pill only has D&C dyes you should be able to filter those out with this method. If you pill contains FD&C dyes then you are going to have to deal with them being in the final product.

I don't know about the health consequences of smoking FD&C dyes, but chances are you will be okay as long as you do not make a habit out of smoking crudely filtered Valium.

Basically, if you have a choice of Valiums available go for the ones with no dye (2mg) or ones with D&C dyes.

-------------------------------------

Now to the procedure itself:

1. Remove the starch and lactose pill coating. Do this by sucking on the pill until the coating is dissolved. You will know it is dissolve when you get the bitter taste of diazepam in your mouth. I've never sucked on a Valium so I don't know how fast this will happen, but chances are it will only tack a few seconds.
2. Spit out the Valium and let it dry.
3. Crush the Valium to a fine powder. Go over with it with a razor.
4. In a cup pour a small ammount of room temperature Everclear or another high proof alcohol (180+). 3 mL of Everclear per tablet should be enough. Maybe a little less should be used with the 2mg tablets and maybe a little more should be used with the 10mg tablets.
5. Slowly add and stir in the powder. Most of the substacnes in the pill will not dissolve or barely dissolve and will fall to the bottom of the mixture. The diazepam (active ingredient of Valium) will dissolve.
6. Prepare a coffee filter by wetting it with Everclear. (You have to work fast because the coffee filter will dry very quickly).
7. Drain the solution containing Everclear and the crushed Valium through the coffee filter soaked in Everclear into a small pyrex dish or into petri dishes. Once all the liquid is poured out push the sludge again the coffee filter with a spoon or something. Try to get every last drop out of it.
8. Allow the Everclear to evaporte. Do not use a lamp to speed this up. Light and heat could possibly damage the diazepam.
9. The dried substance contains diazepam in a significantly purer form that Vicodin tablets do. It should be crystalized but might not be (I'm not sure how pure the yeild is).
10. Crush the crystaline substance up and store it somehow for later use.
11. It's important that the diazepam stay in a dark and dry place. Diazepam is pretty stable, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to leave it in a very humid place under bright lights.

-------------------------------------

This procedure should have removed all of the calcium stearate from the Valium. Most of the lactose should have been removed when the coating was removed by sucking on it. Starches are soluble in water and because Everclear is only 95% pure alcohol some of them probably got through. However most of them should have been filtered out. The diazepam should be much purer than it was in the pill.

If you started out with 100mg of Valium before you probably should have around (very rough estimate) 85mg of diazepam now. Keep in mind that smoking diazepam will be much stronger than swallowing it.

A recreational dose might be between 1/16 - 1/8 per person smoking the joint of the substance after the extraction (assuming 100mg was used). This is roughly equal to 5mg - 10mg of diazepam but the ammount of substance will weigh more than that depending on how pure the yeild is.

WARNING: I have zero experience with actual extraction techniques.

Valuable information, thanks.

Last edited by Jatelka; 02-10-2007 at 05:50. Reason: links removal
Old 04-02-2006, 13:36
Gold Member

29 y/o Male from United States
jduba is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2
hahaha benzos and alch are great!!! just dont over do it... i know you can smoke xanax rolled in a blunt but effects much strong for a shorter time and if you are not exp with benzos you will have no memory of what happens after you smoke go slow and be careful. may be a good idea to have a trip sitter

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam high, clonazepam, diazepam, flunitrazepam, painkiller, smoking benzodiazepines, xanax