Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 24-11-2006, 01:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 911, Level: 4 Points: 911, Level: 4 Points: 911, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Truly HIGH Doses of Diphenhydramine.

7/16/07 Edit: ******WARNING! COMPARABLE DOSES OF DIPHENHYDRAMINE COULD EASILY CAUSE CARDIAC ARREST, LIVER FAILURE, OR DEATH!********

SWIM was actually very surprised as he read some of the experiences on these forums. Many of the stories involve doses at around 300 mg. Not a single story SWIM read mentioned anything going above 600.

SWIM has taken Diphenhydramine on 2 separate occassions; the 1st time at 625mg, and the second at 750mg.

The first time, SWIM felt as if he weighed a thousand pounds. At one point while walking out of the room he was chilling in, he reached for the door handle and right before he touched the handle the handle twisted itself down then released back up, as if someone were trying to get in from the other side at the very same moment. Very freaky. SWIM went back to where he was sitting and then left the room 15 minutes later. It was damn near impossible for SWIM to navigate the halls of his friends house and could not find the door to the bathroom which was, as he already knew, only 3 feet in front of the room he just left. Defeated, he returned to the room.

At one point, SWIM saw the entire wall move in a wavelike fashion, then stop back into place. Think of The Matrix when the helicopter crashes into the building.

SWIM was with 3 friends, all who had taken 625, 625 or 750 mg. ALL of them periodiocally woke up while they were sleeping to ask a question or say some random thing in a conversation that actually was not going on.

The second time SWIM tried Diphenhydramine, he did 750 mg. SWIM did not feel the infinite weight he did the first time he tried the drug. But SWIM, after about 1.5 hours, unknowingly entered a rain forest, completely filled with enormous amazon-like spiders, fruit flies, smaller spiders and their webs and strands, moths, and gnats. At one point, SWIM opened the back door to his house, and was stopped because there were 2 or 3 absolutely enormous spiders (Each 18 inches in diameter) blocking the way in a giant web across his doorway. The outdoor side of the door was covered in a massive yet natural-looking calmly pulsing legion of tiny gnats.

How did SWIM react to this situation? He simply closed the door, turned around, and told himself "Man, well I guess I wont go outside yet." He then walked upstairs, went to his bedroom and closed the door so that more bugs wouldnt fly in, and went to sleep. If you had asked SWIM at that point if the drug was distorting his grip on reality, he would've told you "not at all."

The next day (16 hours later), any surface he stared at would begin to fluctuate and wobble calmly, though at this point SWIM swore he was thinking straight. All he had to do was think of his memories of the night before, and in comparison, he was absolutely sober.

But how could he have been sure?

2 days after the night he took the drug, SWIM again felt that on the previous day, he was still heavily under the influence of the drug. The same 'day-after' feeling repeated twice more before he reached what he considers now in retrospect a 'close-enough' normality.

Diphenhydramine is clearly a very long lasting drug.

Someone else who is not me, SEWIM, has taken 625mg, 750mg, 750mg, and even an entire GRAM of Diphenhydramine.

The, gram, apparently, was too much for SEWIM. He was 'caught' by his dad after he was woken up by a loud thumping sound coming from SEWIM's room. The sound was made as SEWIM repeatedly tried to get out of his bed to go to the bathroom but was completely unable to support himself. He'd get up, fall to the ground, crawl back into bed, then try the process over again.

Also during this night, SEWIM told me that he had gone 'clinically insane', and was rocking back and forth with his arms around his legs in a fetal position and laughing maniacally.

When SEWIM's mom asked him what had made him act that way, SEWIM smiled, looked away and whispered "... marijuana."

Needless to say, we joke about that moment all the time.

Other than getting in trouble with his parents, SEWIM came out of that experience absolutely fine.

Please feel free to post what you know about SWIY's experiences with truly high doses of diphenhydramine.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Never encountered any views or experiences with such high doses, a truly pioneering report.
Wonderful post!!!!! Bravo!
The marijuana joke made me laugh pretty loud in a room by myself.

Last edited by Nacumen; 17-07-2007 at 00:37.
Old 24-11-2006, 02:56

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4
Re: Truly HIGH Doses of Diphenhydramine.

This is a very interesting read, SWIM seems to be one of the people (along with SWIFemale) most interested in diphenhydramine on these forums, and has only once done more than 475mg of it. This one experience was at 800mg (it was this amount because 800mg is one full box of the strongest nytol pills available in the UK), but occured after around half a bottle of wine, when SWIM was feeling depressed, reckless and irresponsible. It resulted in 40 minutes of drunkeness and then a swift knockout, and about 2 days of that feeling of "Is that real? Probably dosen't matter, let's ignore it" directed at pretty much every physical object SWIM encountered. Also induced LOTS of things that he thought he had dreamt but had actually really happened and vice versa.

SWIM admires SWINacumen's dedication to staying awake on such high doses. Maybe it was because SWIY started at the high-end of the spectrum.

Eitherway, this post encouraged and inspired SWIM to experiment (in controled environments, distinct from other drugs/alcohol, this time) with doses around the 700-800mg mark. SWIM will report back with the results.

Thanks for renewing SWIM's passion, and a heartfelt well done!

I do not endorse the use of diphenhydramine in doses exceeding those recommended on the box. I would say: If you choose to take your health into your own hands and adventure into the uncharted depths of delerium, you have my respect.
Old 24-11-2006, 23:31
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,277, Level: 41 Points: 83,277, Level: 41 Points: 83,277, Level: 41
Activity: 51.9% Activity: 51.9% Activity: 51.9%

My 1st read of this thread has left me speechless. Nacumen's post clearly describes that a dose of 625 Diphenhydramine and up constitutes a overdose delerium, with loss of important physical and cognitive functions. Here are some clear signs which should tell you this is going recklessly far:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacumen View Post
SWIM felt as if he weighed a thousand pounds.
Quote:
ALL of them periodiocally woke up while they were sleeping to ask a question or say some random thing in a conversation that actually was not going on.
Quote:
The, gram, apparently, was too much for SEWIM. He was 'caught' by his dad after he was woken up by a loud thumping sound coming from SEWIM's room. The sound was made as SEWIM repeatedly tried to get out of his bed to go to the bathroom but was completely unable to support himself. He'd get up, fall to the ground, crawl back into bed, then try the process over again.
Quote:
Also during this night, SEWIM told me that he had gone 'clinically insane', and was rocking back and forth with his arms around his legs in a fetal position and laughing maniacally.
Quote:
All he had to do was think of his memories of the night before
Sounds like strong addictive qualities. Has anyone had similar experiences?
Quote:
When SEWIM's mom asked him what had made him act that way, SEWIM smiled, looked away and whispered "... marijuana."
Let's just hope SEWIM's parents don't add this story to the anti cannabis propaganda. Not funny IMO. How old is SEWIM?

However reckless this may be; Thanks for posting this as this all is very usefull information. I hope this issues a clear warning to all who read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akewstick View Post
about 2 days of that feeling of "Is that real? Probably dosen't matter, let's ignore it" directed at pretty much every physical object SWIM encountered.
Ouch! That sounds painfull. Did SWIY come out of his experiment unbruised?

Quote:
Eitherway, this post encouraged and inspired SWIM to experiment (in controled environments, distinct from other drugs/alcohol, this time) with doses around the 700-800mg mark.
Your logic defies me. This post had the oppisite effect on me. But to each their own. Please have a sitter present. SWIY is exploring the outer rims here.

Quote:
Thanks for renewing SWIM's passion, and a heartfelt well done!
Note that taking legally obtainable substances to such extreme levels is not only on your own account. With you there will be many. Especially after reading your post. It only takes one person to seriously fuck up and get a substance banned.

Bee well...
Old 25-11-2006, 02:31
Gold Member

Male
darawk is on the way updarawk is on the way updarawk is on the way up
Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
It only takes one person to seriously fuck up and get a substance banned.
This is a little bit off topic, but:

This is something I worry about quite a bit when SWIM experiments. Whenever SWIM was tripping on something and had a momentary sense that he may not be doing so well, he tells me that the first thing that comes to his mind is "shit, I hope I don't end up on some fucking anti-drug commercial". Maybe it'd be a good idea for each of our SWIMs to write up a note of sorts explaining their actions, what they took, how much they took, that they knew the risks of what they were doing, etc...And most importantly a request NOT to be used as an example in any sort of anti-drug campaign should something happen to them.

I think I speak for most of us when I say that our SWIMs would really hate for some of their more risky experiments to be re-interpreted by the wrong people for the wrong purposes.
Old 25-11-2006, 05:35
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9

SWIM agrees with Alfa, and hopes the OP realizes that dosages in this range constitute poisoning by nearly *anyone's* definition... as surely as huffing Raid insecticide or ingesting radiator fluid.

SWIM is waiting for somebody to post about how they injected Drano and enjoyed the burning sensations. He supposes somebody in this world is masochistic enough to even call it a high .
Old 25-11-2006, 14:46

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7

SWIF has tried considerably lower dosages of deliriants. Their effects are definately interesting but not pleasurable. But only in the sense of saying if you could walk into a nightmare an experience it as a reality would you do it. Im sure you'd find a small number of people who would at least want to try it.

SWIF experienced some of the effects above, like the heavy weighting and various delirious hallucinations. SWIF did not find these pleasent and it some ways it taught him that fucking with ones brain chemistry too much can cause real problems. SWIF has not tried using a deleriant in some time and nor does he want to.

In this case when SWIF dipped his toe in the water was too hot!

Deleriants are an experience, but not a high.

In short to answer Alfa's questions or queries to the experience SWIF found it:
Non Addictive
Non Recreational
Mildly to moderately Unpleasent
Requiring a trip sitter
Interesting however not in a particularly profound way.

SWIF would advise people to try a much lower dose than prescribed above to understand what delerium is but not expect any sort of amazing trip or euphoria as that isnt what ths is about.
Old 02-12-2006, 00:18

39 y/o Male from United States
El Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,468, Level: 7 Points: 2,468, Level: 7 Points: 2,468, Level: 7

Diphenhydramine was Swim's first trip ever. He was drunk, fighting with his girlfriend, and had read that Benadryl could make one see things. He took ten of them (250mg).

Not the best set and setting.

However, the resulting experience wasn't too bad. The extreme thirst and fatigue was the worst of it; the visions were fairly mild and entertaining.

He tried it again another time (sans alcohol) at 300mg. These visions seemed less intense than his 250mg trip had been.

His final experience was a planned 500mg excursion. Five hours later, all he had was terrible short-term memory and occasional Predator-vision. The P-rays were cool, but trying to take notes while forgetting one's thoughts in mid-sentence was frustrating. Never again. As far as OTC highs go, DXM is better and less damaging.

He doesn't recommend it, but he can't help but understand the appeal to those who haven't been there in B-space.

ECL
Old 11-12-2006, 21:18
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 338, Level: 2 Points: 338, Level: 2 Points: 338, Level: 2

Very informative post, SWINacumen! SWIM has only ventured far enough to try low doses, to moderate doses, only 325mgs, and hasn't endeavoured to venture any furthur, just yet.

SWIM was kind of worried, with her last experience with Diphenhydramine, that her arms appeared to be red, and warm, and swelling...SWIM isn't sure if this was a hallucination, she doubts it. Does this affect link with diphenhydramine being a anticholergenic?

SWIM also congradulates SWINacumen on staying awake too...SWIM could hardly keep her eye's cracked open in 325mgs..perhaps that will vanish at higher doses. SWIM is reminded, by SWINacumen's post, about the power of delierients, and would like to point out, that she will never go about using diphenhydramine, to a self destructive end, and will proceed with deliberate caution in all her endeavours.

SWIM perhaps might be trying to edge up to the higher end of the spectrum, she hasn't experience any hallucinations as of yet, and doesn't want to give up her interest so easily.
Old 12-12-2006, 00:22

El Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Female View Post
SWIM was kind of worried, with her last experience with Diphenhydramine, that her arms appeared to be red, and warm, and swelling...SWIM isn't sure if this was a hallucination, she doubts it. Does this affect link with diphenhydramine being a anticholergenic?

Could be, but I've read that one can have an allergic reaction to high doses of diphenhydramine (ironic, neh?). It might be an allergic reaction to the dye in the pills rather than the active ingredient itself; dye-free Benadryl might be worth a try (I've seen it for sale at the local grocer).

But this is the most dangerous trip short of huffing inhalants. Once or twice probably won't do any permanent damage (didn't seem to damage Swim, anyway), but beware.

Swim drank a Red Bull to help himself stay awake during his trips. Didn't seem to hurt. Have plenty of gatorade on hand, too - you'll be thirstier than ever before in your life.

ECL
Old 12-12-2006, 23:42
Silver Member

Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calico Loco View Post
Could be, but I've read that one can have an allergic reaction to high doses of diphenhydramine (ironic, neh?). It might be an allergic reaction to the dye in the pills rather than the active ingredient itself; dye-free Benadryl might be worth a try (I've seen it for sale at the local grocer).

But this is the most dangerous trip short of huffing inhalants. Once or twice probably won't do any permanent damage (didn't seem to damage Swim, anyway), but beware.

Swim drank a Red Bull to help himself stay awake during his trips. Didn't seem to hurt. Have plenty of gatorade on hand, too - you'll be thirstier than ever before in your life.

ECL

Thank you! SWIM will give the dye free a try. And SWIM will most defintely beware...SWIM always proceeds with caution when using unpredictable things such as this, especially this. SWIM prepares for weeks in advance. It has been months since her last excursion with diphenhydramine.

Thank you for all the advice! And yeah, SWIM was so effing thrist the first time. She had a jug of water next to her the whole time. Cotton mouth like no other. SWIM will be approaching 425mgs next time she ventures...the last time, she only did 375 and nothing. SWIM will be sure to post a trip report when she does endeavor to try diphenhydramine again.

Thanks again,
Old 13-12-2006, 01:49

On the other hand, Wikipedia tells me that the flushed skin might just be a consequence of the anticholinergic effect. Dye-free probably wouldn't hurt, though. At least, no more than regular Benadryl.

I've come to believe that the hallucinogen effects are inseparable from the toxic effects. Swim's first attempt was 250mg; he got some nice visuals. He has since tried to maintain comfort (drinking metric shitloads of Gatorade and taking Rolaids for the poor tummy) during his trips; he got no visuals at all despite taking 300mg. 500mg (his final try) still had nothing like the out-of-this-world visuals that Erowid tells me about (talking posters, walking soda cans, etc...he got none of it).

Or perhaps all of that happened, but he doesn't remember a damn thing. It does that, too. He was trying to take notes, and often forgot what he was typing mid-sentence. It was aggravatin'.

ECL
Old 13-12-2006, 22:48
Silver Member

darkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way up
Points: 802, Level: 4 Points: 802, Level: 4 Points: 802, Level: 4
Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0%

SWIM just swallowed 850mg of Diphenhydramine. SWIM has a massive problem: He's already taken 50mg 3 hours ago. SWIM is desperately trying to make himself puke coz he's changed his mind.

SWIM can be so foolish sometimes. SWIM never usually does idiotic things like this. SWIM likes intelligent analysis of risks, precautionary measures and research into wtf is gonna happen to him when he's off his face.

SWIM is, for the first time in his drug-riddled life, scared shitless.

Apologies for the shit post. I can't make myself puke. I think I may just give in and go to the hospital just in case something happens. I'd never do that usually, but it's better to look like a scumbag junkie, than be dead.

Any tips?
Old 13-12-2006, 22:51
Silver Member

darkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way up

Oh, sorry, edit to last msg: the problem isnt the 50mg, it's the fact that I can't make myself sick. Due to the anti-emitic properties of Diphen. FUCK!
Old 13-12-2006, 23:35

Drink lots and lots and LOTS of water. That's the first rule of poisoning, I believe. Drink some gatorade if he has some handy.

850mg probably won't hurt Swim too much, if it's just this once. It's up to Swim whether he would rather take his chances alone at home or at the ER. Does he have a friend he can call to babysit him?

Some people have done up to 1000mg. Stay calm. This too shall pass.

ECL
Old 14-12-2006, 01:50
Silver Member

SWIdark_globe, get someone near you, fast! I don't know how long this has been since SWIY's initial ingestion, but you NEED someone near you! Incase SWIY delves into true dementia!

Stay inside, don't go out, and like SWIECL said, drink loads of water. Make SURE SWIY has someone watching over SWIY if SWIY sleeps!

Constantly remind swiy that whatever swiy sees it isn't real.

SWIY will be just fine, but in case, find someone. Don't worry, keep cool headed, stay grounded, and be safe.
Old 14-12-2006, 10:54
Silver Member

This is just a quick post to let people know (on the off chance anybody was worried lol) that SWIM fell asleep about 2 hours after taking the 850mg. He did experience initially some blurred vision and dodgy balance, but other than that fell straight asleep. He took SWIFemale's and SWIECL's advice to drink lots of water. SWIM also realised that SWIFemale was right in calling someone. He got his friend, SEWIM, to take him away from his (SWIM'S) house (where there were evil creatures known as parents...) to SEWIM's quiet house where only SEWIM lives.

SWIM only experienced one major problem: Approx 3am this morning he needed to venture to the bathroom. He tried for over an hour to get to the bathroom. SEWIM attempted to help him, but (apparently) SWIM kept crying and complaining about something to do with a wall (SWIM's speech was incoherent, obviously), and as a result would not let SEWIM take him to the bathroom. SWIM made do with a bucket.

I was hoping for a chance that my stupid decision would lead to a good 'trip' report. Evidently not.
SWIM's head still feels affected typing this. His vision, while not blurred, seems to fast for his eyes to keep up with. Go figure. His pupils are dilated (but Diphen has never done this to him before!?) and his balance is still less than perfect. SWIM is finding it hard to speak. Not in a Diphen Delerium kinda way, but in a slurry sorta way.

I'll get SWIM to drop in later and give an update on how things are feeling. Maybe later he could remember a bit more. How boring though... sleeping all the way through the biggest toxic overdose of his life. I suppose he was lucky
Old 14-12-2006, 12:59

Hm. Confusion, agitation, massive pupil dilation, fatigue, and memory loss. Yep. Sounds like a typical diphenhydramine "trip".

Swim tells me he can't blame anyone who hasn't personally experienced it from wanting to see what it's all about, but assures me it really isn't enlightening or fun. Alcohol and cannabis are better for senseless amusement; for genuine OTC tripping, dextromethorphan is less dangerous and far superior. He says.

Glad Swiy had someone to lean on and made it out in one piece.

ECL
Old 14-12-2006, 20:44
Silver Member

SWIM is glad that Swiy is okay. Phew, good on taking the advice, and it was good thinking to go to a quieter place, and have a friend help Swiy out.

The dilation is probably from taking such a massive amount, sooo..no worries there. Swiy probably passed the threshhold where swiy was able to have an experience that swiy could remember and tell about later. The trick is, with Diphenhydramine, to find that little ledge, where swiy doesn't plummet off, but not back away either..that tiny spot where swiy can experience things that are memorable (whether good or bad, depending on swiy's taste), and learn from them.

And just as a side note; DXM for SWIM here..wasn't a fun trip really, she felt like she was on some crazy ship and couldn't stop the head from reeling, but hey? Maybe a next time and she'll like it.

Keep safe, and keep informed!
Old 15-12-2006, 01:05

Quote:
And just as a side note; DXM for SWIM here..wasn't a fun trip really, she felt like she was on some crazy ship and couldn't stop the head from reeling, but hey? Maybe a next time and she'll like it.

Not to get too far off-topic, but Swim tells me the DXM experience can vary from absolute horror to absolute wonder; much depends on how one takes it and what one takes with it.

Good: pure DXM, a small dose of antihistamine to avoid swelling and the robo itch, something acidic (like lemon juice) to raise the pH to avoid nausea, lots of water and gatorade to reduce heat flashes and GI issues, and a light sedative (a benzo or a couple of drinks - clonazepam is best) to reduce stimulation.

Bad: drinking cough syrup, taking additional stimulants, smoking tobacco, panic.

Fun: cannabis and nitrous.

Diphenhydramine, on the other hand, seems to require discomfort in order to trip. Swim thinks it's good only if one wants to experience an unpleasant dream in real life - and can remain calm throughout.

ECL
Old 15-12-2006, 02:15
Silver Member

Quote:
Not to get too far off-topic, but Swim tells me the DXM experience can vary from absolute horror to absolute wonder; much depends on how one takes it and what one takes with it.

Good: pure DXM, a small dose of antihistamine to avoid swelling and the robo itch, something acidic (like lemon juice) to raise the pH to avoid nausea, lots of water and gatorade to reduce heat flashes and GI issues, and a light sedative (a benzo or a couple of drinks - clonazepam is best) to reduce stimulation.

Bad: drinking cough syrup, taking additional stimulants, smoking tobacco, panic.

Fun: cannabis and nitrous.

Diphenhydramine, on the other hand, seems to require discomfort in order to trip. Swim thinks it's good only if one wants to experience an unpleasant dream in real life - and can remain calm throughout.

ECL
SWIM didn't drink cough syrup (yuck!), but took the cough gels, pure dxm, and did everything right, no additional anything, and just didn't like the effects too much. SWIM will try it again though, SWIM never just likes to go off of one experience.

And regarding the Diphenhydramine, SWIM felt that her experience with Diphenhydramine helped her learn how to control her paranoia, and reminding herself that it all is in her mind, which is something she needs to do sober sometimes too; control her mind. Sooo..for SWIM, while Diphenhydramine was unpleasant, and she hasn't even reached a higher visual plateau yet, it was beneficial in it's own way.
Old 15-12-2006, 09:32

That's interesting. Come to think of it, Swim's first trip was on diphenhydramine; having done his research and knowing how far out of his mind he would be, he was careful to remain calm, focused, and alert. It was good training for his future adventures with psychedelics and dissociatives.

I guess it shows that any drug can be beneficial given the proper set, setting, and individual. Heck...ethanol can help painfully shy introverts get significant others. Let's hear it for paranoid delirium and liquid courage!

ECL
Old 15-12-2006, 12:52

Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7

Quote:

I guess it shows that any drug can be beneficial given the proper set, setting, and individual. Heck...ethanol can help painfully shy introverts get significant others. Let's hear it for paranoid delirium and liquid courage!
ECL
Well said lol!
Old 15-12-2006, 14:01
Silver Member

Seeing as this topic has morphed into a DXM thingy... SWIM tried DXM 6 months ago. By (oh god) drinking cough syrup.

Yep. He drank 2 bottles of Benylin (UK stuff) equating to about 300mg DXM he can't remember. SWIM could barely talk, and walked really 'floatily'. SWIM tried DXM today by drinking 1 bottle of Benylin. SWIM did this once before about 3 months ago. 3 months ago SWIM felt slightly intoxicated. Today SWIM feels nothing aside from the taste of not-quite-raspberry-but-sorta-raspberry cough syrup.

Ack. SWIM's gonna get some DexAlone for Christmas

Anyhoo... SWIM still feels a bit "not all there in the head" from his 850mg Diphenhydramine experience (before the DXM so I know it's not that).

SWIM has decided to move on from deleriant antihistamines. He tells me that he now feels he's done enough OTC sleeping pills.

It's DXM from now on...

This will probably be my last post about antihistamines. Unless some revoluationary new psychoactive antihistamine appears on the market, with psychoactive qualities which are separable from the shit qualitites.

Over and out.

~dark
Old 16-12-2006, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_globe View Post
Ack. SWIM's gonna get some DexAlone for Christmas

Start slow with that stuff. It seems to work well for some people, but it made my friend Swim sick as a dog with just 15 capsules (450mg). He puked violently despite having taken three diphenhydramine beforehand. He thinks it was one of the inactives (likely sorbitol) that disagreed with him.

ECL
Old 17-12-2006, 12:45
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,283, Level: 11 Points: 6,283, Level: 11 Points: 6,283, Level: 11
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Quote:
SWIangeliclight, first, swiy needs to find something that has just DXM in it, as the main active ingrediant, like plain Cough Gels. Anything else, will probably be paired with Guaifenesin and will cause serious nausea at the dosage you will want to take. Even then be careful, some of the inactive ingrediants like sorbitol might upset swiy's stomach.

!
Sound advice. Angeliclight, please check out the
Ketamine, PCP, DXM, Nitrous Oxide and other dissociatives

Back on topic now kittlings!

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, benadryl, benylin, blurred vision, deliriant, deliriant effects, dipenhydramine, diphenhydramine, diphenhydramine dose, dph, dramamine, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, ethanol, gel cap, huffing, nytol, sleeping pills, tripping, united kingdom