Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ecstasy & MDMA
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 16-11-2006, 13:29
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can MDMA be effectively Smoked?

I tried using the forum search engine for this but without much avail.

Does anyone know anything about the effectiveness and effects of smoking MDMA crystal?

Looking for information on
Ease
Effectiveness
Availablity
Duration
Old 16-11-2006, 14:39
Iridium Member

29 y/o Male from Aruba
grecian is on the way upgrecian is on the way upgrecian is on the way upgrecian is on the way up
Points: 882, Level: 4 Points: 882, Level: 4 Points: 882, Level: 4
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Can MDMA be effectively Smoked?

There are very few reports on this, although i did find a report on Erowid:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=9264

My thoughts are that smoking MDMA would bring cause swiy to come up much quicker than with an oral dose. However, I also think its likely that the effects would not last as long and perhaps not be as intense.

As for ease... its easy just put the MDMA in a joint or rollie, if swiy has MDMA in pill form be more careful cuz of the binders (some of that shit is worse to smoke i think).

Avaliabilty? don't know what you mean

Swiy could try this out on his guinea pig and tell us what happened?

As swim has not tried this himself please anyone feel free to correct him on any point.
Old 16-11-2006, 15:15
Gold Member

Male from Netherlands
big-lester is on the way upbig-lester is on the way upbig-lester is on the way up
Points: 604, Level: 3 Points: 604, Level: 3 Points: 604, Level: 3

if SWIBL wuz you, he wouldn;t smoke MDMA, if i'm correct, that would be pretty toxix and who knows maybe it causes some cancer for SWIY. not a good idea
Old 17-11-2006, 02:33

Male from United States
julian is on the way upjulian is on the way upjulian is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-lester View Post
if SWIBL wuz you, he wouldn;t smoke MDMA, if i'm correct, that would be pretty toxix and who knows maybe it causes some cancer for SWIY. not a good idea
who knows, maybe it cures cancer.
Old 17-11-2006, 02:48
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

MDMA HCl is not smokable. The temperature required to vaporize it will destroy the molecules. In theory, MDMA freebase is smokable, but not really - in freebase form, MDMA is a highly caustic oil.

Just thinking logically - if MDMA were smokable, there would be lots of reports around about the effects.
Old 17-11-2006, 02:51
Iridium Member

29 y/o Male from Aruba
grecian is on the way upgrecian is on the way upgrecian is on the way upgrecian is on the way up
Points: 882, Level: 4 Points: 882, Level: 4 Points: 882, Level: 4
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
who knows, maybe it cures cancer.
things are not black and white:
radiation treats cancer but it is still harmful
Btw did you know alcohol can be used to treat some cancer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiometer View Post
Just thinking logically - if MDMA were smokable, there would be lots of reports around about the effects.
Not neccesarily, just because something isnt widely reported doesnt mean it isn't possible.

Last edited by grecian; 17-11-2006 at 02:59.
Old 17-11-2006, 03:09
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

It is true that my statement was a surmise. But really, take a look at some of the more popular drug discussion boards. You'll find eager kids who will try snorting, IVing, plugging or smoking anything that doesn't move and posting about it. MDMA is an extremely popular drug, and it is one that people tend to treat hedonistically. I'd wager that hundreds, if not thousands of people have tried smoking MDMA. If smoking MDMA worked, one would assuredly have heard about it by now.

All a moot point as it is a chemical impossibility.
Old 17-11-2006, 14:18

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
dnb warrior is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1

SWIM has attempted to smoke about half a pill but with no noticable effect (pill definately contained MDMA). although he had a friend who said it was possible and he had done it which is why SWIM tried it in the 1st place.
Old 18-11-2006, 23:51
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

If it were to decompose - even partially - to things resembling the precursor - iso-safrole - remember this: Iso-Safrole has been shown to be a powerful hepatotoxin* likely to be carcinogenic.

Read: Don't.

* Liver poison.
Old 24-11-2006, 02:32

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4

Quote:
If it were to decompose - even partially - to things resembling the precursor - iso-safrole - remember this: Iso-Safrole has been shown to be a powerful hepatotoxin* likely to be carcinogenic.

Read: Don't.

* Liver poison.
With respect, your post is irrelevant to the question. The thread title was "can it be effectively smoked?". SWIM wouldn't normally point this out, but one of his "pet hates" is asking a question like 'is it possible to ______ with _____' and getting answers like "you might DIE!!!! what are you doing! you're an idiot for risking your health like this!!!!".

SWIFantasian's question was a hypothetical "could someone smoke MDMA?", it was not "I'm going to smoke MDMA, is this a good idea?".

With all respect that a high-post-count-moderator deserves, if you have no input into wether or not MDMA can be effectively smoked, please stay off the thread, or if you feel the compulsion to post, don't pretend that you're answering the question and clearly state that your post was sensational and irrelevant, so as not to confuse any people who might want to read the posts on this thread in their proper context.
Old 24-11-2006, 03:07
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

Then the answer is no. MDMA hydrochloride would sinter - not vaporize. As a result of the chemistry involved, it cannot be smoked. It would decompose from such.

I am sure there are those who would disagree and claim it being effective. But I have a word for those: Placebo.

Happy now?
Old 24-11-2006, 03:23

Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.

I wasn't questioning your integrity or knowledge on the subject of MDMA. In fact, if anyone were to be able to say something relevant on this topic, you'd be right up there on my list. I wasn't challenging you.

My point wasn't even really about the redundancy of your previous post. All I was trying to illustrate was that it frustrates the piss out of me when someone asks a hypothetical question about a chemical, and instead of seeing the question, someone leaps on it as an opportunity to take some moral highground and say "You're so irresponsible. I'M really fucking sensible", and manages to come away from it feeling clever even though they've added nothing to the debate.

Don't get defensive, my post wasn't meant as an attack. Peace and love, man.
Old 24-11-2006, 10:19
Gold Member

Male
Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.Powder_Reality really knows their shit.
Points: 1,787, Level: 6 Points: 1,787, Level: 6 Points: 1,787, Level: 6

SWIM suspects that most of the anecdotal evidence of smoking ecstasy is from people smoking impure pills that contain additives that actually can be smoked/vaproized (methamphetamine, ketamine, etc.).

As far as the effectiveness of smoking pure MDMA crystals, SWIM will leave that discussion up to the members who actually know a lot about the chemistry of that particular chemical.

Last edited by Powder_Reality; 25-11-2006 at 12:14.
Old 24-11-2006, 22:13
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,251, Level: 41 Points: 83,251, Level: 41 Points: 83,251, Level: 41
Activity: 49.4% Activity: 49.4% Activity: 49.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akewstick View Post
Don't get defensive, my post wasn't meant as an attack.
Thanks for adding that info, as I sure wasn't able to deduct that from your wording.
Old 25-11-2006, 15:43

Quote:
Thanks for adding that info, as I sure wasn't able to deduct that from your wording.
Theres a difference between disagreeing with someone and attacking them.
Old 30-04-2013, 09:38

19 y/o Male from United States
Afakehero is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Molly Will vaporize and can be smoked effectively out of a crack pipe, or "glass rose" Plenty of experience with this, not a placebo.
Old 30-04-2013, 13:51
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afakehero View Post
Molly Will vaporize and can be smoked effectively out of a crack pipe, or "glass rose" Plenty of experience with this, not a placebo.
Sorry, but MDMA can not be smoked to give MDMA like effects.
You say 'molly' and i understand that in some places that is slang for pure MDMA, or MDMA in crystal form. But have you tested your 'molly' with multiple regents to make sure it is what you think it is?

There are a multitude of research chemicals being sold these days, and many inexpensive RC's are passed off as MDMA.

It is possible that if you are getting effects from smoking your 'molly' that you are infact either smoking a completly different drug, or MDMA that has been cut with something that can be smoked.
Old 30-04-2013, 17:18
Titanium Member

Male from Australia
Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.
Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

Interesting.

The very first time I came across MDMA (flawless quality, reagent tested, clear amber crystals) was at a music festival in the desert. I was under the influence of LSD and found a significant quantity in a baggie on the ground while ordering a taco. I didn't really understand what it was at that point, and I rolled a joint with a huge crystal (probably about 200mg) in it towards the tip. After much careful lighting and moving it around I got the MDMA to melt and was able to inhale it with a companion also indulging.

It was undeniably effective. It wasn't anything like MDMA orally or intranasally, it was a short lived, intense body buzz. It's a distant memory, but it was definitely MDMA and it definitely produced a psychoactive effect smoked. Of course I cringe now at the waste of two doses of the purest MDMA I am ever likely to see, but I didn't know anything about how it was meant to be taken at that point.

Share this on:

Tags
ecstasy, mdma, route of administration of mdma, smoking mdma, vapor