Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 05-11-2006, 07:56
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Anything potentiate Ambien? (Zolpidem)

SWIM's prescription is only so big, so he's wondering if anything out there potentiates the effects of Ambien (not adds to the effect, actually makes them stronger in smaller amounts). Grapefruit juice? SWIM found this suggestive paragraph on Rxlist.com:

Quote:
Drugs that affect drug metabolism via cytochrome P450: A randomized, double-blind, crossover interaction study in ten healthy volunteers between itraconazole (200 mg once daily for 4 days) and a single dose of zolpidem (10 mg) given 5 hours after the last dose of itraconazole resulted in a 34% increase in AUC0->∞ of zolpidem. There were no significant pharmacodynamic effects of zolpidem on subjective drowsiness, postural sway, or psychomotor performance.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:40
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: Anything potentiate Ambien? (sorry about all the Ambien threads)

Take at look at this article SWIJ has just uploaded to the archive...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...27&linkid=1102
Old 05-11-2006, 09:13
Titanium Member

Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.

Thanks, although that's for zopiclone; Ambien is zolpidem.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:43
Psychedelic Shepherdess

Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute

Apologies, not enough coffee in SWIJ's system! Zolpidem is also metabolised by cytochrome P450 and 3A4, so much of the info in the article could likely be extrapolated.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:20
Titanium Member

SWIM hasn't found anything both safe and worthwhile yet... the most potent inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole) turn out to be hepatotoxic, which basically makes sense. Itraconazole (an antifungal without too many bad side effects) is a possibility, but all that for an AUC increase of 34%? SWIM would be looking for 50%+ if he was gonna risk the side effects of a drug to inhibit a liver enzyme. In fact, the ideal would be a brief, temporary inhibition (e.g. over 3-4 hours) of ~75%. SWIM doesn't know of anything that exists fitting this category.

The only other reasonable possibility is grapefruit juice, and SWIM doesn't take his zolpidem orally so that wouldn't help much.
Old 06-11-2006, 16:19

31 y/o Female
Kristy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1

Alchohol??
Old 07-11-2006, 06:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

Although SWIdr has never tried this combination (do to SSRI prescription) he has wandered on how a moderatly low 1st plateau dose of DXM would effect an ambien trip. They both seem to have simalar effect, so it could be a good mix. SWIdr is not suggesting SWInicaine or anyone else to try this, he is just sticking out this idea for y'all
Old 06-04-2007, 00:05
Banned

Female
ojos_de_brujo is captain of the psychonauts.ojos_de_brujo is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2

Swim was knocked out completely after 10 mg's of Zolpidem and some wild lettuce. No hangover the next day.

Swim doesn't know if it's ok to advize this since she is on 20mg Zolpidem at the moment.

Last edited by ojos_de_brujo; 27-04-2007 at 20:37. Reason: changed Ambien into Zolpidem
Old 23-04-2007, 18:25
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

Please always include the chemical name of pharmaceutical drugs in your thread title and posts. This can be easily obtained from Google or other search engine. Doing so will avoid confusion on this international forum. Thank you.
Old 11-06-2007, 23:20
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 359, Level: 3 Points: 359, Level: 3 Points: 359, Level: 3

Ok, if SWIY is using recreationally SWIM suggests using cannabis. This however nearly always results in some even greater level of ambien amnesia than normal, but can be very cool.

Alchohol+Ambien should seriously be avoided IMO. SWIM accidentally mixed the two once, forgot he had been drinking and downed 10mg zolpidem. Intense, rather unpleasant hallucinations began immediately and he said that the hangover was like having your soul sucked out.

SWIM thinks the right benzo+ambien would be excellent.

Excersize caution, ambien can react very violently with some substances and SWIY might find themselves having to answer for some very strange occurences.
Old 13-06-2007, 02:56

25 y/o Male
Blinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMuffy View Post
Although SWIdr has never tried this combination (do to SSRI prescription) he has wandered on how a moderatly low 1st plateau dose of DXM would effect an ambien trip. They both seem to have simalar effect, so it could be a good mix. SWIdr is not suggesting SWInicaine or anyone else to try this, he is just sticking out this idea for y'all
SWIM and his friend once took an ambien or two mixed with 1st plateau doses of DXM and some antidepressants that SWIM later found out were SSRIs. but anyway, SWIM remembers laying in bed with his friend after snorting and eating a lot of pills and then all of a sudden SWIM is home! SWIM to this day has no idea how he got there and would really like to know, the next thing SWIM remembers is his parents asking if he ate that entire bottle of coughgels by himself and they proceded to freak out thinking SWIM was trying to commit suicide while he was trippin balls, CEVs that appeared to be something like going through a strange light tunnel thing then SWIM just went to bed. The next day he was still having halucinations! Things like little fuzzy rainbow stringgy things radiating from everything, he couldnt tell if they were real or not but he would try to take them off things but it wouldn't work! All in all it was a very strange and confusing experience, he's not sure if its because of all the other drugs or the ambien as this was his only experience with it but his friend said something about seeing a giant clear spider and something about a little girl...
Old 13-06-2007, 05:15
Psychedelic Shepherdess

SWIJ would like to stress that taking DXM and SSRI's is an incredibly dangerous thing to do, possibly leading to Serotonin Syndrome.

She just doesn't understand how people can take a bunch of random pills without knowing what they are?

(Goes off and bangs head against a wall)
Old 13-06-2007, 05:31

25 y/o Male
Blinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

well swim knew it was wellbutrin but he didn't know it was an SSRI also he only took 5 softgels and he didn't really suffer any damage he thinks...but he doesnt really know...sometimes
Old 19-08-2007, 07:41
Silver Member

40 y/o Male
Big Fella is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
SWIJ would like to stress that taking DXM and SSRI's is an incredibly dangerous thing to do, possibly leading to Serotonin Syndrome.

She just doesn't understand how people can take a bunch of random pills without knowing what they are?

(Goes off and bangs head against a wall)
SWIBig would like to second this post, does not SWIY brain deserve a little research before SWIY foces it to endure all sorts of pounding.

Knowledge is the key to enjoyment, not consumption. Think, learn, take, enjoy, life another day.
Old 20-08-2007, 17:56
Silver Member

32 y/o Female from United States
Be is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Re: Anything potentiate Ambien? (Zolpidem)

A ferret I spoke to likes to take 0.5 mg of Alprazolam and then 1 hour later 10 mg of zolpidem and he says it works great with no hangover in the morning.
Old 17-09-2009, 07:46

Male from United States
panacaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be View Post
A ferret I spoke to likes to take 0.5 mg of Alprazolam and then 1 hour later 10 mg of zolpidem and he says it works great with no hangover in the morning.
Although certainly can be a pleasant combination, neither drug will actually potentiate the other. The effect is simply additive.

Ironically although zolpidem is considered a "non benzo", it's tolerance mechanism is quite similar to the benzos (and alcohol too). I have some boring resources if anyone is interested. Also noteworthy is that chronic use of opiods will, as well as the above drugs, create a cross-tolerance to each other often requiring dose escalation.

I certainly would not use ketoconazole (although 34% isn't bad, the long half-life will likely make you drowsy the next day)

I have been on a truckload of Opiods for the past month, along with Ambien. I am no longer taking the Opiods, but I cannot get to sleep with less than 20mg of Ambien.

I am going to try grapefruit juice and tagamet (P450 inhibitor) within the next day or two.

I will report back any interesting findings.

Post Quality Evaluations:
You deserve some reputation for displaying knowledge of pharmacology.
Old 18-09-2009, 06:47
Psychedelic Shepherdess

^^^ Information/resources are never boring panacaka

But please do be aware that self-incrimination must be avoided, even if talking about prescription meds, UNLESS one is taking them EXACTLY as prescribed
Old 21-09-2009, 04:54

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
^^^ Information/resources are never boring panacaka

But please do be aware that self-incrimination must be avoided, even if talking about prescription meds, UNLESS one is taking them EXACTLY as prescribed
I hear what you're saying. Franlky, I didn't even know what swim was until I researeched it. I gotta tell ya, it ain't really going to aviod self-incrimination by using these terms.

I will share however that I recently had back surgery, nothing i am discusing here involves anything I have not been presrcibed.
I have, however, definately developed a tolerence to the opioids and zolpidem. No one that has any knowledge of pharmacology can dispute that this happens.

I have not, unfortunately had a chance to try the above combination, but I can tell you that I came by this thread honestly, I was searching for how to overcome tolerence to zolpidem.

I am not going to provide any moral suggestions to anyone on this site. Personally, I am looking to overcome my dependence on zolpidem, however, first things first.
Until my back heals from surgery, I really need the therapy provided from sleep.

Thanks for your concern.
Old 23-09-2009, 06:41

Male from United States

General info:

Zolpidem is about 70% bioavailable when injested, That bioavailibility can be offset quite a bit if you have a fatty within 2-3 hours of ingesting.

Two ways to easily scqeeze most of the 30% remaining.

1) Snort. Before you do this, understand that most zolpidem is coated with a bitterent. Some have reported Less (i say LESS) burn with this method. The only problem is that the high is significantly shourt lived compared to oral.

2) Good old Plugging. If you do that route, *first crush the tab and mx it with about 20ml of water.

Any having any experience with either of these report back. I am planning on trying plugging on a week or so.
I will report baclk

Others please share your experiences.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male
Noctis is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

Swin is currently prescribed to 10mg of zolpidem for sleep. Aside to the first night, it's had ZERO effect on Swin's ability to sleep.

Of note, Swin previously routinely used doxylamine to sleep (currently out) alongside melatonin (currently taking). Swin is considering making an attempt for Lunesta, Sonata at his next GP visit.
Old 13-11-2013, 23:07
Banned

20 y/o Male from United States
drummingstoned20 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
Alchohol??
For god sakes NEVER mix zolpidem with alcohol!. Deadly at normal doses, no. But its a one way express ticket to WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!

Share this on:

Tags
omeprazole