Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 03-11-2006, 19:13
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Nicaine's Pill Extraction Series - Ambien (zolpidem)

For those who might want to try extracting more-or-less pure zolpidem tartrate from Ambien tablets, here's a recipe.

Ingredients:

* Five 10-mg standard release Ambien tablets.
* Two 10ml glass contact lens vials, or equivalent.
* 99% isopropyl alcohol (91% will work, but not as well).
* Mortar/Pestle or other pill-crushing gear.
* Standard eyedropper.
* Microwaveable water glass or small coffee mug.
* Piece of glass from an old flatbed scanner, or large/flat dinner plate (evaporation surface).
* Blow dryer for hair (used for evaporation).
* Razor blade with flat/dull end (can be used for scraping).
* Small microwave-safe plate (for drying crystals).

(1) Crush and pulverize the Ambien tablets. Transfer the powdered pills to one of the glass vials.

(2) Add 7 or 8ml of isopropyl alcohol.

(3) Cover the vial and shake thoroughly.

(4) Microwave a 1/4 glass of water until boiling. Stand the glass vial inside the cup of water for a few minutes to heat the alcohol and help extract zolpidem from the pill cellulose. Make sure you ventilate the vial a couple times to keep pressure from building up. Remove vial of hot alcohol solution from cup and shake/shake/shake/shake.

(5) Set the vial to cool. The contents of the pills (binders, etc) will begin to settle out.

(6) In an hour or two, you should notice most of the pill contents sitting on the bottom of the vial. The liquid will not be completely clear, but that's OK. Using an eyedropper, transfer the clear-ish fluid to a second glass vial. Discard pill remnants on the bottom of the first vial.

(7) Spread the isopropyl alcohol/zolpidem solution on the flatbed scanner glass or large/flat dinner plate. Using the blow dryer, evaporate away the isopropyl alcohol (ensure proper ventilation).

(8) When the alcohol is completely evaporated, scrape zolpidem tartrate off the glass using a sharp razor blade. You will notice it's light, fluffy, hydrophilic and difficult to work with. Gather all the crystals and put them onto a small microwave-safe plate.

(9) Microwave the crystals for 30 seconds or so to dehydrate.

The resulting crystals are nearly pure zolpidem tartrate. They can be snorted, but it's quite painful. They can be administered rectally, or sublingually (under the tongue) if you can take the extreme bitter taste. I suppose a real nut-case could inject them, following proper microfiltering and sterile procedures. Note that there's likely still a small amount of cellulose and other pill binders present in the end result. Either a full A/B extraction or (at minimum) defatting with a nonpolar solvent following step 6 would be an excellent idea if someone were actually considering injection.

See this patent on zolpidem salt forms for further information.

Last edited by Nicaine; 03-11-2006 at 19:43.
Old 19-11-2006, 06:47
Banned

24 y/o Male
cochise is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Re: Nicaine's Pill Extraction Series - Ambien (zolpidem)

Thank you for posting this. SWIM has been looking for a safe/effective pill extraction method for a while. However, SWIM would like to learn more. SWIM would greatly appreciate it if these questions were answered by SWIY or SWISWIY (lawl) that has credible knowledge on the subject. The questions are:

1) Would this method work for Ambien CR, or is it unique to immediate relase drugs?

2)Would this method work for other pharms (immediate or extended-release) that may be in the HCL or sulphate form?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:01

Male from United States
bigorange420 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I don't see why it wouldn't work with Ambien CR, all it is is half the pill is Ambien instant-release, and the other half is the controlled-release... So my guess is you'll end up just extracting the instant-release, but who knows, maybe you'll get the controlled-release too, I don't know, just going off common sense..

Post Quality Evaluations:
excellent guide and the only one ive seen of this type
Old 19-11-2011, 14:26

40 y/o Male from Canada
bencamp1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

I have a few question to ask.

1. would you lose some power of the pills (ex: let say I crush 5 pills after the extraction I have like 3 pills?)

2. After the extraction would it be then water solubility?

If someone could answer these question that would be very helpful.
Old 19-11-2011, 15:26
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Quote:
1. would you lose some power of the pills (ex: let say I crush 5 pills after the extraction I have like 3 pills?)
Of course, isn't that the point?
Quote:
2. After the extraction would it be then water solubility?
Can you reword this?It doesn't seem to make much sense
After extraction you ingest it. I imagine it would be water soluble. Just a guess though.
Old 18-07-2014, 16:47

32 y/o Male from United States
OpiateVoyager should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Yeah, Like if it would dissolve under water so u could then put it in a rig. I just snorted a CR. i have plenty. : and this sounds interesting

Share this on:

Tags
anxiolytic, cns depressant, downer, hypnotic, isopropyl alcohol, sedative, sleeping pills

Sitelinks: Information: