Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-10-2006, 23:24

34 y/o Male
SpeedBuggy54 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Roxycodone (generic is oxycodone) is IV possible?

SWIM got ahold of some oxycodone, (not Contin) they are small white tabs, with M on one side and 15 on the other. SWIM guess it's 15mg??? ANYHOO, can SWIM IV it just like OxyContin? SWIM is aware of the method for OxyContin. Is it the same process?
Old 26-10-2006, 02:51
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
Re: Roxycodone (generic is oxycodone) is IV possible?

IVing pills is a bad idea usually due to binders in the pill which can be harmful when shot. There is also a chance SWIY's pill contains acetaminophen which is also very bad to inject! SWIM thinks this question or a similar one has been asked before, SWIM is going to merge this thread with another, and hopefully SWIY can read up and learn some more about it. Please do not inject this pill if SWIY has little or no knowledge or experience of IVing to begin with, and don't do it at all unless SWIY has filters and can be sure that the pill does not contain APAP (we do not ID pills here, but there is a sticky thread in this forum giving links to sites that can help with that).

EDIT: Oddly, SWIM can't find any thread on this topic, but he knows that if the pill has APAP, it probably isn't safe to IV. Granted, IVing pills is never completely safe, but SWIM imagines that if its only oxycodone, and SWIY has the right equipment, the technique for IVing this pill and oxycontin would be similar. But do not just dissolve the pill and slam it without a filter or anything, or shoot the pill if it turns to gel upon contact with water.

Hopefully someone else can give better advice on this topic, SWIM doesnt want SWIY to go ahead and do this without knowing all the possible risks and techniques first.

Last edited by Forthesevenlakes; 26-10-2006 at 03:01.
Old 26-10-2006, 09:25

34 y/o Male
SpeedBuggy54 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

The pharmacist told swim that it's only ingredient was oxycodone. It is not like percocet or percodan. There is no APAP, just oxycodone. OxyContin (as swim has IV'd it MANY times) has a waxy like binder, that has to be heated and then filtered. I guess (outside of saftey of impurities, as swim mainlines anything that can be put in a syringe) what swim wants to know is, are roxycodone and oxycontin the same thing, exept one is time release and has different inactive ingredients, ie binders?

If so, couldn't swim just use the cotton filter?

Thanks again for your help
Old 26-10-2006, 09:27

34 y/o Male

rrr sorry I didn't catch your edit there! Thanks again
Old 26-10-2006, 16:10

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7

Theyre the same thing with different binders, if the roxycodone doesnt have APAP. Not sure a cotton filter would remove all the binders though! A finer filter may be needed.
Old 01-11-2006, 20:16
Banned

Male
BANGINCOLOR is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBuggy54 View Post
SWIM got ahold of some oxycodone, (not Contin) they are small white tabs, with M on one side and 15 on the other. SWIM guess it's 15mg??? ANYHOO, can SWIM IV it just like OxyContin? SWIM is aware of the method for OxyContin. Is it the same process?

Good that you got some oxy, BAD they have an M on them as they are called "Mallies" short for Mallincroft, pharm that makes them. They are a shitty generic unfortuneatly.

SWIM only deals in brands and brands only and there is a huge difference. Kinda glad SWIM got into that car accident 10 years ago. All those medical records came in handy.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:55
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
Gaius315 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

I know it's been a while since this was last updated, but just stumbled across it and figured I'd make a note.

SWIM's friend gets prescribed Roxy 30mg. He used to be on OC 40mg until he was switched. SWIM frequently went to him "that time of the month" every month to appreciate his generosity. Anyway, SWIM had never heard of Roxycodone before and was a little skeptical about whether he would enjoy it as much as OC. SWIM got a few of them and found that he prefers them to OCs. Roxys are rarely prescribed, which is a shame, but has been to SWIM's benefit. For months SWIM's friend tried to get rid of his but no one knew what they were and didn't want them. Now, plenty of people in the area prefer them to OCs. SWIM frequently smokes OCs and RCs and finds that the taste and yield is far more apparent with 30mg of RC than with 40mg of OC. Maybe it's in his head or perhaps the CR binders in typical OC 40s.

Just for a little factual info: Roxycodone is not generic for oxycontin or oxycodone. Roxycodone (or Roxycontin) is name brand for oxycodone, by a different company. Roxycodone is made up only of Oxycodone (no paracematol whatsoever.) In fact, Roxycontin is merely Oxy IR by a different company. I'm not 100% and don't really care to find out for sure, but I believe Roxycontin is manufactured by Roxane Labs. One thing I am certain of, is that Roxane Labs also produces a product named Roxicet which is the same as a Percocet. Treat these as you would an Oxy IR or an Oxy CR without a coating. Other than taste when smoked or insufflated, they're virtually identical.
Old 20-03-2007, 02:50

29 y/o Male
Nickles is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

My buddy IV's the M-15's all the time there safe enough. My "other freind" ehem.. snorts them myself they work just as well as snorting the name brands. "They" find very little difference in "most" name brands to generic OC's and Roxy's and such. Although there are some generics that gell up and can't be IV'd and snorted too easily but if they dont gell, Your all set. "They" do all kinds of different generics and there all fine unless they gell.
Old 02-05-2008, 17:35

24 y/o Male
heroin_ed should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Roxicodone by Roxanne Laboratories is one of the safest pills to inject. It only has 2 binders –– microcrystalline cellulose and stearic acid. The pill is white colored and no bigger than a Sudafed. Engraved on one side is an M inside of a square. The opposing side has an engraved number corresponding to dosage with 30 being the highest.

Oxycontin by Purdue Pharma has 11 binders which are: ammonio methacrylate copolymer, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol 400, povidone, sodium hydroxide, sorbic acid, stearyl alcohol, talc, titanium dioxide, and triacetin.

swim agrees with the above poster. M30 >>>>>OC80

heroin_ed added 9 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius315 View Post
I know it's been a while since this was last updated, but just stumbled across it and figured I'd make a note.

SWIM's friend gets prescribed Roxy 30mg. He used to be on OC 40mg until he was switched. SWIM frequently went to him "that time of the month" every month to appreciate his generosity. Anyway, SWIM had never heard of Roxycodone before and was a little skeptical about whether he would enjoy it as much as OC. SWIM got a few of them and found that he prefers them to OCs. Roxys are rarely prescribed, which is a shame, but has been to SWIM's benefit. For months SWIM's friend tried to get rid of his but no one knew what they were and didn't want them. Now, plenty of people in the area prefer them to OCs. SWIM frequently smokes OCs and RCs and finds that the taste and yield is far more apparent with 30mg of RC than with 40mg of OC. Maybe it's in his head or perhaps the CR binders in typical OC 40s.

Just for a little factual info: Roxycodone is not generic for oxycontin or oxycodone. Roxycodone (or Roxycontin) is name brand for oxycodone, by a different company. Roxycodone is made up only of Oxycodone (no paracematol whatsoever.) In fact, Roxycontin is merely Oxy IR by a different company. I'm not 100% and don't really care to find out for sure, but I believe Roxycontin is manufactured by Roxane Labs. One thing I am certain of, is that Roxane Labs also produces a product named Roxicet which is the same as a Percocet. Treat these as you would an Oxy IR or an Oxy CR without a coating. Other than taste when smoked or insufflated, they're virtually identical.

And there is no such thing as Roxicontin, it would not make sense.

Roxicodone is Rapid Release Oxycodone

Oxycontin is Oxycodone Continuous Release

"Roxicontin"..... rapid release controlled release oxycodone? no.

I pointed that out because you said it was factual info.

Last edited by heroin_ed; 02-05-2008 at 17:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-05-2008, 05:01

Male
JJx23 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Small interruption, go with Watson generic pills, they are the best in my mind. I believe others would agree with me as well.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:49

39 y/o Male from United States
Springs37923 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Ahhh.. The white mallinkot roxi's.. Yes.. crush pill, i usually put the powder in a bottle cap and add a full syringe of water then draw it back in thru cotton after mixing. No heat needed at all. I usually mess with the Roxane Labs roxicodone 30's or OCs or Dilaudid k4's. I've been doing opiates for almost the last 10 years and just recently started banging them. The rush associated with it is intense. Seems to me that my tolerance grows much faster now that I main line. I'm currently fighting WD's as we speak because I outspent my income and have to take a week off. I've gone through this cycle so many times now I'm getting used to it. Loperimide and alcohol is my best friend in these times.. Sorry to go off on a tangent.. BUT YES.. the M 15's BANG WELL!
Old 07-05-2008, 20:49

Male from United States
hansard85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Around here Roxi 30s are preferred over Oxy 40s, generally they sell for the same price even though they are 10 mg smaller. Swims neighbor comes to his house every day and shoots a couple 30's and says they are far better than OC's. Swim always heard them called Roxicontin but isn't that fond of these kinds of opiate because swim pukes his guts out now at even low doses, 15mg. Seems like once a pill starts making you sick it just gets worse and eventually breaks you. Swim prefers methadone, lasts 3x as long and is cheaper, but swim is no heavy user so what does "he" know.
Old 18-01-2009, 14:51

26 y/o Male
W!SE is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

all OC heads prefer roxies over ocs. its not just in swiyour area. swim used to move here n there n would pick up ocs to keep everyone happy when the blues were gone and he would have to lecture the fuck out of people like " ITS EXACTLY THE SAME INGREDIENT OXYCODONE" they start with the whole APAP shit swearing its differnet

reasons why? -->:

instant release - no time release to remove (which isnt that annoying anyway) swim also thinks that there is a huge difference in absorption between the two because ocs take far longer to take on effect. there is hardly a rush with ocs compared to roxies probably due to the high concentration of roxies being that they are smaller than oc fives tens twenties etc...fucking binders...lol some people actually like getting a bigger pill with less oxycodone because they get more to do ! idiots

NO BINDERS - obv there are binders in every pill but roxies do have far less than ocs.

taste - roxies are fucking delicious compare to that cracked out oc smell (god forbid swiyou smoke it). the taste in drip alone is so much more pleasant with roxies...once swiyou are hooked on roxies siwyou grow to love it - ocs again have that weird taste

swim guesses the only point in ocs is that they have pills which contain higher doses which is cool that one could be hooked and buy 2 eighties and chip away to taper down and quit. quit? "we're not talking about that WiSE" not now at least
Old 21-12-2009, 16:31

28 y/o Male
pharmtech is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

I used to get those exact pills, they are 15 mg roxicodone. The M is the manufacturer who makes them. I now get the 30 mgs. Roxi's have no apap. they also have no time release coating. I'm no expert on IV use of pills but I do know that they have very little binders if any. So the method should be the same (you may not have to filter, but I would just to be safe). I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, hit me up. P.S. I know people like to take their pills in different ways. I used to snort my roxi's, but one day when I was driving, I just decided to take one by mouith and have never snorted one again. Taking them by mouth takes a little longer to kick in but it hits you way harder and last longer.. Anyway, have fun and be careful.
Old 21-12-2009, 16:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5

Swim justs consumes them oraly when needed....
but he can only say that for those that have tweaked thier tolerence and are shooting over 100mg.....it is a ton of powder.......

Share this on:

Tags
injecting pills, intravenous injection, roxicodone, snorting drugs