Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Various drugs not covered by other forums Discussion of Psychoactive drugs that do not have a specific forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 11:56

Male from United States
toppalini needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Snorting clonidine.

i figured the best place to put something on snorting pills would be opiates because they are the most commonly snorted pills.
lol in high school all the dumb kids would snort vicodins and then the real addicts snort the pure oxys and such. but i got prescribed clonidine for sleep after prying this doctor forever to give me a real downer, i was shooting for benzos or a benzo substitute shut down, and the most 'recreational' thing i got was clonidine.

when i pop them they knock me out invariably for the most part at .2mgs a night and i am prescribed .3mgs. they are little tiny oxy sized pills. i started snorting them because i was looking at the chemistry of the drug and it is freely water soluble. when snorted it hits you nearly as fast as street drugs (ive never had a pill give me the same 'instant' feeling from snorting ya know, and ive snorted like every general pill you think of) but it gives you a super nice buzz.
i like doing it because i have anxiety and it kills it when i snort it and the line chopping helps calm me down. what can i do to reduce harm to my nasal passageways though? and what do you think overdoing it would be? i would say on average snorting 5 pills a week? i go in and out of benzo addiction constantly and i really do need the anxiety relief. any do's and dont's of snorting would be helpful too like if im doing something bad. i just use a razor and cut it up on my bathroom counter or a plate, not concerned about waste, i have a bottle of 270 pills.

by the way this drug is actually pretty abusable, it hits your opiate receptors but unless you snort it it will just make you crave heroin. i use it for what its prescribed which is insomnia and anxiety though. my whole process is i suck off the coating then heat the pill on and off with a lighter until its powdery again then chop until its mostly fine or any bunchings are just from a little water and theyre mostly powder.

i dont do it to the point where its like suuuuuuper fine like flour though. anyways tips? thoughts? thank you. i really dont want to fuck up my nasal passageways too bad and i already have sinus issues. just excess flem probably helps actually. i blow this shit out after like 5 minutes or less though because these are dirt to me. thanks for reading

Last edited by Smeg; 05-02-2014 at 15:33. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing for ease of reading.
Old 05-02-2014, 13:47
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Delfonic-the33rd is captain of the psychonauts.Delfonic-the33rd is captain of the psychonauts.Delfonic-the33rd is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 356, Level: 3 Points: 356, Level: 3 Points: 356, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Re: general pill snorting questions

No where have I found that this medicine attaches to any opioid receptor. Also, why would doctors use a medicine that creates cravings for opioids for opioid withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps you should do alittle more research before explaining things such as this on a drugs-forum thread. Be careful abusing a medicine like this, it lowers bloodpressure, which could lead to fainting when standing up, which could cause accidents. I'm sure there is abuse potential, but abusing medicines which can affect such things such as bloodpressure can be dangerous if used in sufficient quantity. Please take care and research using/ abusing medicines.

Last edited by Delfonic-the33rd; 05-02-2014 at 18:07.
Old 06-02-2014, 17:52

Male from United States
Re: Snorting clonidine.

well if it stops opioid withdrawal it acts on those receptors. look in a chem bank it has analgesic properties. only really in i.v. though, so i thought hey next best thing is snorting, definitely worked, its like a whole nother drug. its in a whole class of its own when its snorted, it doesnt make you drowsy, but your body feels very sluggish and your head will nod a little. i am not super experienced in opioids but i know its not really an opioid high, but i can feel my hands warming now after just snorting one, so there is a little bit of that 'glow'. i do research using and abusing things and i found that clonidine was a good candidate for snorting by doing good research. clonidine also increases the nod and the relaxation type euphoria a lot in opiates and it does do something for the body high too. probably a lot more so when insufflated.

toppalini added 9 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

when i started out taking these pills i would constantly crave a strong opiate rush, a lot a lot a lot. it definitely tickles your opioid receptors a little. well maybe not directly those but it just feels a lot similar... i definitely feel silly abusing a blood pressure medication but whatever it works. judge me.

Last edited by toppalini; 06-02-2014 at 17:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2014, 18:00
Silver Member

35 y/o Female from United States
AKA_freckles is captain of the psychonauts.AKA_freckles is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 304, Level: 2 Points: 304, Level: 2 Points: 304, Level: 2
Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5%

Are you seriously recommending mixing clonidine and opiates?
Not very smart.

I cannot believe a doctor would just prescribe you clonidine because you wanted a 'downer'.

There is so much misinformation here this thread should be vaporized.

I will say that clonidine was hard for me to stop using. I was prescribed it for H wd's, and even after they were over I begged my doc to keep me on it, it helped my anxiety so much. But he wisely said no, because that simply is not what this stuff is for.

Post Quality Evaluations:
why is the suggestion "not very smart"? You should give reason to suggestions like this.

Last edited by AKA_freckles; 06-02-2014 at 18:29. Reason: to reflect OP's edit...
Old 08-02-2014, 23:32
Silver Member

35 y/o Female from United States
AKA_freckles is captain of the psychonauts.AKA_freckles is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 304, Level: 2 Points: 304, Level: 2 Points: 304, Level: 2
Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5%

In reply to my yellow star rater - taking a medication that lowers your BP, like clonidine, with a strong opiate to get high, is dangerous. Don't mess with your blood pressure for shits and giggles.

this makes sense and explains why you suggested such a warning. Supporting a statement makes it more valid.
dont re-post to respond to rep given - edit the original post with the info if necessary

Last edited by AKA_freckles; 08-03-2014 at 02:06.
Old 08-02-2014, 23:35
Banned

28 y/o Male from France
Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 746, Level: 4 Points: 746, Level: 4 Points: 746, Level: 4
Activity: 28.4% Activity: 28.4% Activity: 28.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppalini View Post
well if it stops opioid withdrawal it acts on those receptors. look in a chem bank it has analgesic properties.
this is wrong, clonidine is an a-adrenergic drug that halts symptoms of opiate withdrawal due to diminution of central adrenergic outflow secondary to stimulation of central receptors (basically, the same mechanism by which clonidine lowers blood pressure).

ref (if you're interested): the merck manual, 16th ed., 1992, p.1558

Great corrections and citation to support it.
Old 27-02-2014, 07:29

28 y/o Male from United States
gtlifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Ehh sorry but I think your reaching for something that is not there. Clonidine is primarily used for blood pressure. In fact it lowers blood pressure pretty significantly and pretty quickly. As far as withdrawal symptoms it really only helps with anxiety. I've used it for both withdrawal and blood pressure issues, it was actually nice because the withdrawal was making my BP bounce around but at no point did I ever feel anything else from it. Snorting a BP med sounds like a great way to harm yourself. If it's knocking you out chances are it's dropping your Blood pressure that low or you have could have anxiety issues. Regardless I would stop using this immediately. I also feel like you're probably quite young and found this in someone's medicine cabinet and thought you scored. Sorry to say it won't do much for you short of cardiac arrest.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:19

Male from United States

The sedation arising from clonidine and opioids may be reminiscent but the two drugs have different effects and mechanisms. Clonidine is an alpha agonist while opioid analgesia are mu receptor agonists.

Closed as requested by toppallini. There seems little chance that an alpha agonist could be a safe or enjoyable recreational drug. Potential negative effects can include rash, difficulty breathing or swallowing and swelling (including airways).

Last edited by Mindless; 17-03-2014 at 19:04.
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
bad ideas, clonidine, clonidine for opiate withdrawal, snorting