Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 15-01-2014, 05:52
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%
Effective binders for kratom powder into pills?

Kratom powder: usually cheaper than pre-filled capsules, but apparently somewhat hydrophobic and with the delightful flavor of Satan's scrotal sweat. If you agree with the last bit, teas, smoothies, and the like are not an option. The powder is also not easily packed into capsules by hand.

So the question is, has anyone discovered a substance that mixes easily with kratom powder to make a more sticky material, either one that can be compressed into a pill/tablet or at least more neatly crammed into a capsule?

Ideally, this substance wouldn't affect the absorption nor bioavailability of psychoactive constituents, wouldn't add significantly to the mass of the kratom (because everyone loves swallowing handfuls of giant capsules), and would be easily obtainable by laypeople.

Suggestions welcome! Perhaps someone will see this thread, attempt a few admixtures, and post the results....
Old 15-01-2014, 06:01
Titanium Member

Male from United States
JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: Effective binders for kratom powder into pills?

Corn or potatoe starch are probably your best bet. They are the most commonly used and are widely available. You can use a ton of different things like natural gums or other starches.

However, I'm not sure why you would think that pressing tablets would be easier than filling some capsules. Filling caps is quite easy and you can find simple manual cap filling machines on the internet for as little as $15. Pressing pills would involve binders like you said and also a pill press that can produce enough force to press the pill enough to prevent it from crumbling. Presses can get pricey.

But I'm sure you have your reasons. I was just throwing my 2 cents out there.

Cheers!

JKS

Last edited by JustKeepSwimmin; 16-01-2014 at 11:36.
Old 15-01-2014, 14:21
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Capsule machines are a very handy way to fill up many caps at a time. I don't recommend packing them too tightly though because it seems to slow down the speed at which they dissolve.

I also recommend piercing the filled caps a few times with a needle and taking them with some hot liquid, like some herbal tea to help speed up the breaking down and release of the powder.

You can also turn your powder into a resin which can then be rolled into small balls and stored.
These can be either dropped into hot water for instant tea or just swallowed like pills.

I have seen kratom pills being sold online, but only ever by dodgy vendors. I am unsure what sort of binders they use.
Old 16-01-2014, 05:50
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
You can also turn your powder into a resin which can then be rolled into small balls and stored.
These can be either dropped into hot water for instant tea or just swallowed like pills.
Yeah, I saw that thread and I might try it. I'm usually filling 10-20 capsules at once, if I even get the loose powder, so I hadn't really looked into capsule filling machines since the only ones I've seen are for at least 100 capsules at a time. I'm not really worried about overstuffing capsules, since in my experience capsules take less than 10 seconds to dissolve in plain cold water. Being able to pack them tightly would just give you more kratom per cap, and to really tightly pack a capsule requires commercial equipment or hand filling.

I'll see if I can find lactose monohydrate and compare that to various amounts of corn starch or something.
Old 16-01-2014, 11:35
Titanium Member

Male from United States
JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I have a manual capsule filling machine that fills 24 caps at a time. I believe it is called The Capsule Machine (creative name!). It works perfect for me and is pretty darn cheap online. Having a capsule filling machine comes in handy for many other things besides kratom too. It is definitely a good thing to have.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom administration, kratom pills, oral administration

» New Threads
Ephedrine hcl, caffeine, yohimbe,...
Last post by Alien Sex Fiend
4 Replies, 482 Views
help!! have no idea how to keep...
Last post by Lucyin_the_sky_of_dimonds
2 Replies, 23 Views
Today I Legally Purchased Cannabis...
Last post by Alien Sex Fiend