Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

hawaii is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
anyone tried it?
Old 02-09-2004, 21:41
Gold Member

Male from United States
Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
I woulnt, there are alot of pill binders and other stuff in those pills. maby if it was pure oxycodone, but i would stick to injesting or snorting
Old 04-09-2004, 21:11
Platinum Member

33 y/o Male
Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 439, Level: 3 Points: 439, Level: 3 Points: 439, Level: 3

Oxycodone isolated from pills is smokable, but as Mike177 stated there are better ways to administer the pure powder. In any case, a simple water extraction will produce a smokable product.

~KT
Old 14-02-2005, 08:38

Male
smilla should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
yes i have smoked oc's on blunts and it did have an effect...stick to snorting or injecting them, soooooo much better
Old 14-02-2005, 10:37
Banned

moldie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

I tried it once. I mixed an oc up in water and drew it into my (at that time) ONLY syringe. Before I could inject I accidentally broke the plunger in half (don't ask me how). I let the water from the syringe dry on a fresh spoon, scraped off the powder, and decided to try smoking it like heroin.

I put it on a foil and took a few hits, it was a complete waste. I didn't feel anything. I think oxycodone might be sensitive to heat. Anyone know?
Old 29-09-2006, 22:36

27 y/o Male from United States
Ellis D. should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 414, Level: 3 Points: 414, Level: 3 Points: 414, Level: 3
Smoking oxycodone - Is it possible?

I have heard from a few people that smoking oxycodone produces a high similar to opium. Anybody know if this infact works or not?
Old 29-09-2006, 23:05

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
This does, in fact, work. oxycodone, being a strong opiate, feels a bit subjectively different than morphine or codeine which are the primary drugs in opium, but the bodily sensation, warmth, and euphoria are similar. Lab rats report that it can be smoked as a "foily", heating from underneath and chasing the dragon. The onset and strength are very rapid, so tell your SWIY to start with VERY low doses, and to try and have a screen on the mouthpiece so as to not inhale solid hot oxycodone into it. However dosage can be difficult to measure with smoking and swiy may have to wait a few minutes to feel the effects, so use utmost caution. SWIM talked to some lab rats who smoked the pills and they said to remove any time-release coating (if its oxycontin) and to avoid smoking acetominophen-containing preparations. they also say that swiy may be better off using the pills orally if swiy is inexperienced with opiates, as this is a somewhat safer route and the high lasts longer.
Old 30-09-2006, 05:22

27 y/o Male from United States
Ellis D. should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 414, Level: 3 Points: 414, Level: 3 Points: 414, Level: 3
Thank you for the very knowledgable reply.

SWIM sprinkled some on a bowl of marijuana and noticed little effects aside from being stoned. (some euphoria)

Do you have to prepare the oxy in any way for a "foily"?

Post Quality Evaluations:
started a good thread
Old 30-09-2006, 07:07

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
it just has to be wetted down and have the waxy coating removed, as one would with oxycontin to eat or snort it. then a small piece would be placed on the foil..not the whole thing, since it has to run down the foil as it is melted/vaporized from underneath. a direct lighting of it as with a bowl wouldnt work as well as doing a foily of it. SWIM does not really know how good foilies are for one's lungs..even if the foil doesnt cause alzheimers like the rumor goes, he cant imagine that smoking something meant to be eaten can be healthy for long term use.
Old 30-09-2006, 09:40

Male
DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4
SWIM has actually never tried this method (with oxys), but this sounds like a good idea if it really does work, but SWIM would rather just take the high road and just swallow those little godsends, mmmmmmm yum yum
Old 15-12-2006, 01:17

26 y/o Male from United States
Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3
Re: Smoking oxycodone - Is it possible?

question on this. if SWIM has a oxycontin could he take the coating off and maybe put some powder in a homemade vaporizer or "pookie"
Old 18-12-2006, 08:52

Male

Donmeka: theoretically it should be possible, at least SWIM thinks so. He's not too sure how vaporizers work but his understanding is that they use indirect heat (instead of direct flame) to vaporize drugs. If attempting this, please start with a low dose, lab rats SWIM knows who have "chased the dragon" with oxycodone report that it takes a smaller dose than a usual oral dose to get high. Perhaps 1/4 of an oral dose to start.
Old 25-12-2006, 08:23

SWIM may try this with 5mg or so and report back. if the vaporizing method does not seem to work perhaps he will try to chase the dragon.
Old 12-01-2007, 00:16

Male from United States
oxalot is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

SWIM will have to try this with his 30mg IR oxy's. Will report tomorrow if ISW MMYcan get up off the floor
Old 12-01-2007, 15:28

Male from United States
oxalot is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

tried 45 mg yeah it works .I will play with dose I am so tolerant this was not sufficient.
Old 19-01-2007, 22:24
Palladium Member

Male from USA - California
Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6

SWIM smoked some chunks of an oxy 80, estimated between 10 & 20mg at a time. He was affected, and faster onset than insufflation. Overall he felt like he was wasting a lot and moved on to slamming, which of course he doesn't recommend.

- Beltane
Old 01-02-2007, 05:51

gave it a try because SWIM has an abundance of 20mg, he probly smoked about 5mg and felt it but doesnt see it as any better than insufflation, and SWIM prefers the nasal method much mroe.
Old 03-02-2007, 22:54
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
Gaius315 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

SWIM generally smokes half of his dose and snorts the other half. He enjoys both methods. Major difference he has noticed is that although the euphoria and high are similar, smoking generally accompanies those with a "buzz" as well.

SWIM bought a glass stem, disassembled a pen, placed the pen tube about halfway into the stem making an almost perfect fit. Taped the pen to the stem. Wrapped the bottom of the stem in foil, placing a chunk (usually between 5 and 10mg) in the bottom of the foil. Held a small flame to the foil until he could feel the smoke in his throat and removed the flame. Was able to repeat 3-5 times before coming up dry. Greatly enjoys the taste.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:30

28 y/o Male from United States
warandhate should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1

most duders swim knows ONLY smoke the OCs. usually the ABGs but a little birdy had some OC 80s that he said could not be smoked so they were discounted. swim checked them out and they looked legit just cant be smoked? anyone know anything about why they wouldnt work for smoking?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:07

if oxycodone is smokable is it possible that the same process could be down wih dilaudid aka hydromorphone pills?
Old 06-02-2007, 01:03

Male

SWIM thinks that if the pills contain only hydromorphone and no other active ingredient, they could probably be smoked using a similar process, heating from underneath and avoiding direct flame. However since smoking a drug tends to make for very good absorption, make sure to factor that into account when calculating the dosage. Definitely don't use a normal oral dose, and be prepared for the smoke to be harsh and unpleasant. SWIM thinks that smoking pills, while effective, probably isnt the best idea for long-term use since one is getting alot of chemicals and other crap into their lungs.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:25

Male
brown_chunx needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1

I know morphine can be smoked, but I wouldn't think you could smoke the pills. It definatly can't be good for your health (ms/oxycontin) since they're pills. (although inhaling smoke of anykind is terribly bad for your lungs/heart) I'd reccomend just eating them, because that's what pills are for. Everyone always wants to find another route of administration though, of course.

I'm not sure, but it might actually work better to cook the oxys up with a small amount of water, and vaporize a drop or two of the liquid.

And swiy probably couldn't snort the 80mg because they're too strong. I mean, oxycontin are all the same size: 10s-80s, so while a hit off of a 10mg might effect you, a hit off an 80mg will be... well, 8 times stronger, i'd think. (i'm not good with math)
Old 07-02-2007, 00:32

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_chunx View Post
I know morphine can be smoked, but I wouldn't think you could smoke the pills. It definatly can't be good for your health (ms/oxycontin) since they're pills. (although inhaling smoke of anykind is terribly bad for your lungs/heart) I'd reccomend just eating them, because that's what pills are for. Everyone always wants to find another route of administration though, of course.

I'm not sure, but it might actually work better to cook the oxys up with a small amount of water, and vaporize a drop or two of the liquid.

And swiy probably couldn't snort the 80mg because they're too strong. I mean, oxycontin are all the same size: 10s-80s, so while a hit off of a 10mg might effect you, a hit off an 80mg will be... well, 8 times stronger, i'd think. (i'm not good with math)
The oxys could potentially be cooked, but boiling any water with oxycodone in it risks destroying the drug. Alot of opiates are very heat sensitive (hence why one doesnt want to use boiling water in a CWE, or applying direct flame while smoking), so SWIM would avoid attempting to cook the pills. However since oxycodone is already water soluble, one could potentially just dissolve the pill in warm water and vaporize it. But at that point, it would probably work just as well to take the pill orally or insufflate it...oxycodone has such a high oral bioavailability that it kind of defeats the purpose of exotic routes of administration.

SWIYou are right in advising against snorting 80 mg right off the bat, too. That's a pretty high dosage, and people without a large tolerance could be in some very real danger attempting to smoke or snort 80 mg. If one was attempting to smoke a whole 80 mg pill, they'd be in trouble if they had a low tolerance, what SWIM has heard of lab rats doing to titrate their dosage is to break the pill into quarter sections, and then smoking 20 mg at a time.

Here's what SWIM is wondering from the lab rats who have tried this method though, and its an honest question:
What is the appeal of smoking oxycodone?

SWIM honestly doesn't understand why some rats seem to prefer this method, and he has not gotten a good answer yet, aside from "it's better". Granted, the onset might be faster, but SWIM hasn't noticed a better high, greater rush, longer peak, etc. from using this route. Not to mention that the smoke is harsh, and until one has the technique down, its very easy to lose some of the smoke by coughing.

SWIM is not trying to be a dick here, or disparage anyone's preferred route of administration, he's honestly curious.
Old 07-02-2007, 00:44
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

Oxycodone and hydromorphone are supplied as their hydrochloride salts. I would tend to believe this would render them unsuitable for volatizing (smoking). Unless they were first turned into the freebases. Being the freebases of such as morphine and codeine is what allows opium to be "smoked."
Old 07-02-2007, 01:01

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2 View Post
Oxycodone and hydromorphone are supplied as their hydrochloride salts. I would tend to believe this would render them unsuitable for volatizing (smoking). Unless they were first turned into the freebases. Being the freebases of such as morphine and codeine is what allows opium to be "smoked."
This may be why SWIM didn't see or feel the appeal of smoking a pill. Excellent answer, SWIM didn't even think about the freebase vs. salt properties when responding earlier. If oxycodone can't be effectively smoked due to it being in a salt form, though, this really shows the power of the placebo effect in some lab rats. SWIM does not even mean this in a condescending fashion, its amazing what the expectation of using a drug can do for the perceived effects. Reminds SWIM of a study he read where participants were told they were receiving locally-acting anesthetics which were, in fact, just saline injections. The participants receiving the "anesthetics" reported a decrease in pain when exposed to localized small electric shocks...the researchers wondered why this was occurring, until they monitored the activity of endorphins/enkephalins in the participants. The expectation of anesthesia, coupled with the stimulus of the injection, caused an increase in endorphins, which created ACTUAL analgesic effects. SWIM knows that this proposition may be a bit of a stretch, but it could be that the belief that one will get high from smoking a pill could, however briefly, increase endorphins in the smoker, creating an endogenous (but no less real) subjective sensation of being high.

Share this on:

Tags
ivory wave, oxycodone, oxycontin, percocet, smoking oxycodone, snorting drugs, withdrawals