Notices

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 07-01-2014, 21:58

22 y/o Female from United States
Goovna is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Hives and Welts. Bad reaction?

Thanks to anyone who can shed a little light on this subject for me. Well here goes:

A friend of mine has always been the type to experiment with "uppers." For about a year now she was heavily into snorting and IV-ing meth, but lately due to a shortage of supply, she turned to coke to hold her over until the next shipment. Earlier today she took her first shot of coke and was confused about the outcome. She used a brand new needle, cleaned the area with alcohol, and set up the shot just like with her meth (water, spoon, filter). The only problem was that after she removed the tourniquet and needle, the area started to swell and a big patch of hives showed up in the surrounding skin. While shooting, there was no pain or lumps to indicate a miss and quickly after she felt a bit of a rush. I kept an eye on her, and within 10 minutes the hives went away.

Choosing to retest this outcome, she shot again about 20 minutes ago and the hives returned in greater numbers and size. It now resembles more of a welt. But there was still no pain and she registered the needle twice before pushing the plunger, so she is sure it wasn't a miss. Within 20 minutes the welt has shrunk a bit in size but is still visible and the high is greatly diminished from the initial rush. Now she is left with a headache and questions...

She is curious if this is just a reaction to a bad product? Or maybe a bad reaction since it was the same vein, used twice? This has never happened before when she was shooting meth, so now she is a bit worried and would like some answers. Thank you.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:57
Silver Member

Female from United States
questforstarfish is captain of the psychonauts.questforstarfish is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Re: Hives and Welts. Bad reaction?

Hives and welts are cardinal signs of an allergic reaction and very few other things, so I'm thinking that's what's happening! It's possible to be allergic to cocaine but more likely your friend is allergic to one of the unfortunately many fillers and cuts that are put into cocaine.

The only way I can imagine to avoid this, other than not doing coke (which is the best option, of course) would be to do an acetone wash or some other kind of wash. The directions are stickied at the top of this forum. It requires a few supplies and a little bit of time, but it would wash away most of the cuts.

The first and second allergic reactions to something are not as bad as the ones after because the body might not have already been sensitized/exposed to the allergen before this exposure...meaning that she might have a worse response next time. It probably won't be as bad as anaphylaxis requiring hospitalization, but if she continues to use cocaine PLEASE advise her to do so in or near the presence of a trusted friend if possible, at least for the next few uses, just in case it does end up progressing to that at any point! Even a renter in the basement, a parent upstairs, or a next door neighbour will do, just make sure someone's around who can be contacted quickly if needed. Better safe than sorry, anaphylaxis leads to throat swelling (ie: impossible to talk to a 911 operator, and it progresses quickly), shock and death.

She can also try taking an antihistamine/allergy medication before taking cocaine, then one more a little later as well for the delayed response, since allergies are often biphasic and can reoccur hours after exposure to the allergen. If it's a minor allergic reaction, the med will minimize the hives and other allergic symptoms.

It most likely is a reaction to "bad product," though as I said it's possible it's an allergy to cocaine itself. Sadly, virtually all cocaine is cut with something, so it's almost all "bad product" though some is much better. If you're allergic to one of the cuts, though, even a tiny amount of it will trigger a reaction.

Stay safe and be well!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

46 y/o Male from Earth
Jon-key is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

I got some serious itching all over just after dosing once. This pushed me to try the tek published on this site.
I mixed it with ISO alcohol and filtered it through a coffee filter. The after evaporation you get your clean product. It took me 2.5 hours the second time i did it with 1g..
You can see the method(s) on this site and i went into some detail on my experience with the process. The OP didi a great job explaining how to do it so i found it easy to do.
Good luck
J
Old 12-01-2014, 13:17

28 y/o Female from Earth
Elise is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

When my friend do binges larger than normal, he have the same reaction, but spread all over his body and barely visible although his skin gets a little rough. (He just snorts)
They are mostly itchy and usually goes away right after some 20 mg of Loratadin (Anti allergic).
Old 07-02-2014, 16:20

18 y/o Male from United States
daturtlejam is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Dude my buddy snorted a fat line of meth last nighare arnt very tallt he is noticing these red bumps that arnt very tall but are all over his arm. HELP!

Share this on:

Tags
side effects

Sitelinks: Information: