Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 29-12-2013, 16:02

27 y/o Male from United States
burnedfaceless should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Coming off klonopin

I've been on klonopin the past few months. I'm prescribed 1mg 3x a day.

I was wondering how bad it is. This is the longest I've been on it.

I've been given a lexapro script and I've been following the dose religiously, lexapro has helped. But I did do some other things recreationally I had to cut out to get ready for the klonopin cessation.

Lexapro no side effects except nausea but weed helps and if you feel like you are going to throw up look at a bright light. That seems to help for some reason.

I know I won't have any seizures or anything because I ran out a day early and I was OK. It's almost a psychological thing, I've got something big coming up and after that I was wondering how long until I won't expect it psychologically.

It's I know if I get worried about things not going my way with this school thing I can take it and be OK.

I'm also worried about cognitive effects.

Basically what do I have to expect, with psychological addiction and cognitive (I consider myself pretty intelligent).

I almost think if this school thing goes my way I'll be OK. But if it doesn't that would really be bad.

Thanks. I'm ready to get off of it.

I know this is a rant...hope someone has been in a similar spot.

edit: when I say cognitive I mean permanent cognitive side effects
Old 29-12-2013, 17:57

38 y/o Male from United States
manifroschie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: Coming off klonopin

Hi Burnedfaceless, without putting yourself under too much stress, id try to skip a few doses of the klonopin and see what happens... although it stays in your system for quite a long time which is why klonopin is so dangerous because when it is prescribed people think ah i stopped taking it yesterday and no problems...then the following day can be a nightmare from hell for some users... it just depends.

As far as your question on cognition goes, id be more worried about driving while on the stuff than anything else.... Also avoid drinking in excess while taking klonopi.
Old 30-12-2013, 02:47
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 492, Level: 3 Points: 492, Level: 3 Points: 492, Level: 3
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Hi,

You have to be really carefull with benzodiazepines. The fact that you did not feel any serious symptoms by running out for a day is simple: You still had enough drug in your system. You would have felt them maybe after a day or two more without the klonopin.

Addiction is a complex thing. There is the psychological aspect, for sure. But there is also a neurochemical aspect. If you are physicalled addicted to benzos, your only option is a proper taper.

I am not trying to be a smartass, just to clear some things up. Benzo withdrawall can be lethal.

Stay safe,
A. Grant
Old 30-12-2013, 14:02

Thanks I'll try to skip a dose today.

I just threw up. But no anxiety.

Thanks

burnedfaceless added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

I really appreciate y'all clearing that up. I didn't think to check out the half life.

burnedfaceless added 4 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

I'm assuming this will be merged. My doctor gave me instructions we were going to do this a couple weeks ago and decided with the school thing it's not the right time.

I'm only in there for 30 minutes and we were talking more about the lexapro. Which I thought there were sexual effects which was probably in my head from reading FDA shit. But severe nausea is not in my head. I'm gonna smoke a bowl and try to eat.

At this point it the poison is worth it.

Cheers

Last edited by burnedfaceless; 30-12-2013 at 14:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-12-2013, 22:31

38 y/o Male from United States
manifroschie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Yeah I got the nausea before it sucks big time, I didn't realize that anxiety can make you puke
Old 30-12-2013, 23:15
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
flowertongue666 is on the way upflowertongue666 is on the way upflowertongue666 is on the way up
Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

With the half life of clonazepam (18-50 hours), you won't start full withdrawals until about day 4 (3.75 days for the lower range, 10.4 days for the upper).

How bad will your w/d's be? No one can say. It is a real possibility that they can be deadly. They might not be, but since the possibility exists that they can be, I'd have to recommend working with a physician- preferably the one who had you start taking them. They might not be right either, but some of them do have a lot of experience.

I was on up to 2mgs a day for 12 years and my Dr. said I could stop and only be 'a little nervous', After tapering for 6 months I quit and had hallucinations, anxiety and couldn't sleep much for 2 weeks. I went back on for a couple months at a lower dosage (1 mg and then .5 mg every three days) and found it bearable to jump off at that dosage. That would probably be a bit fast, but it was doable.

Your mileage will probably vary. Because no one (including you) will know if you will have major physical effects until you do or don't have them, no one on the site is going to recommend cold turkey off of benzodiazepines. (sorry)

As for cognitive effects-

I have actually felt mentally sharp for the first time in years (at points), but this isn't constant during w/d. The withdrawals seem to come and go, rather than increasing and decreasing sharply (as in opiate withdrawals).

My memory was impaired while on the drug, and I discovered that it had been for quite some time (I do not black out on high dose benzo's, 10+ mg's of klonopin, or alcohol). But my memory was impaired and I didn't notice it. At points during withdrawal, I feel even more prone to forgetfulness than when I was on them.

Depersonalization and weird body feelings can be overwhelming, which compounds the forgetfulness and decreases attention to whatever you are trying to do. There is so much sensory input at times, that it can impair your ability to function. It's a bit like being on a psychedelic, all input and sensations are ramped up- sometimes to an unbearable level.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:25
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

3mgs per day of klonopin is a fairly high dose. You need to taper down from that dose, not try and stop cold turkey. You should check out the Ashton Manual for tapering off of benzos, it is helpful. You have only been taking a few months, so you may be able to taper faster than someone who has been taking them for years.
Old 04-01-2014, 16:04

I see my doctor today. January 8th or 9th is the day of reckoning. I haven't taken more than 3 a day. I took two one day. But yea they really help.

I have panic attacks, haven't had those just anxiety attacks. Most people call anxiety attacks panic attacks.

Panic attacks are the worst. Anxiety attacks aren't fun either.

Wish me luck.

burnedfaceless added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

I'm glad the medication exists. But you have to take it knowing it will be short term in my opinion.

Kind of like pain pills unless you have chronic pain and if you do I feel for you.

burnedfaceless added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I cut my foot to the bone and was given pain pills. Man I was glad to have them but coming off.

I feel the same way about klonopin.

burnedfaceless added 9 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

I feel like some people with chronic pain take too much because there is a buzz. Then they go to a clinic for withdrawals and they end up getting sent back to a pain doctor.

I've seen people withdrawing from heroin. Really nice guy - I was sent to a place when I was in MDMA psychosis. I hope he made it. I lost a friend to that drug. I wanted to try it because I'm into jazz but I called a friend and she told me not to. She lost a boyfriend to it.

I think a lot of jazz musicians have tried it. They keep it on the DL but I read a book called "Effortless Mastery" and he went into drugs and described heroin.

I'll stop typing but someone told me musicians' brains are different than other people. I don't know if that's true or not.

I was a music major. I think it could have changed me. I don't know. Just the thought of another semester makes me want to take a klonopin.

Listen to Phish - red rocks '94 then listen to '03. It doesn't last. Maybe it's an easy choice when you're young.
But the guys who last are the ones who stick to weed and keep it simple.

Charlie Parker all of them it's horrible. It's a waste of life. Thanks for letting me vent.

burnedfaceless added 1373 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

I'm really not worried about it after talking to my doctor. I haven't been on it long I shouldn't have a problem getting off.

I appreciate the input. I'm at ease with everything.

Last edited by burnedfaceless; 04-01-2014 at 16:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-01-2014, 10:31

The hearing didn't go as I'd hoped. The court changed my GPA from 3.1 to 2.5.

This is troubling. I plan to file a civil suit.

The worst part - this wasn't a legal proceeding but my punishment after my suspension was to write a five page paper on the legal definition of "harassment" even though this wasn't a legal proceeding and the court could not provide me with a definition to match the statute.

I will file a civil suit but this doesn't help with anxiety.

So if you could give a prayer or whatever that would be good.

This really interferes with my plans.

burnedfaceless added 13 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

A five page paper? I mean that really is one page to explain the legal definition.

Which wasn't applicable.

burnedfaceless added 212 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

I mean we had the machine at Alabama. I never thought I would say this in 1000 years but the resentment they way they looked at me. The eyeballs. What I thought would be unbiased was biased.

So write a five page paper on the legal definition of harassment when the proceedings weren't legal and the assignment had nothing to do with the charges presented before me...reiterated by school officials it wasn't a court of law.

The machine wouldn't do this. I need a lawyer to contact them. Give me the corruption. I can't take the predicided fate by a nonobjective mediary.

burnedfaceless added 283 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Bottom line - I'm awake early I don't see how I can get off klonopin now. I really don't see how I can want to stay alive.

My GPA went from 3.1 to 2.5. I should off myself. No chance of law school now.

burnedfaceless added 4 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I'm going to do it to the point where a threat could be called in but like Hunter said I'm not scared to.

And I will. Monday I need to find a lawyer. But I will do it.

Last edited by burnedfaceless; 11-01-2014 at 10:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-01-2014, 14:26

23 y/o Male from United States
alienhunter should review received reputation comments.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

When you stop taking kpins or clonazepam please use the chemical name. The wds don't start for at least 3 days because of its long half life and the symptoms are cravings insomnia seizures and all that good stuff kpin prevents you might even be vomiting depending on if you get help or not I wont comment on the legal issues.
Old 11-01-2014, 16:21
Silver Member

Kaygee is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

If you read my thread just a couple threads down, titled, "I feel like a failure", I too was prescribed 1mg of Klonopin3x's a day and quit cold turkey last Saturday and was ok Sunday, felt worse Monday, felt bad Tuesday, and by Wednesday, hardcore psychosis, tremors and insomnia had taken its toll to the point where I had to take it again.

I made a doctor's appointment for yesterday and told him about everything, hoping he will help me get off of this poison.

He mentioned to me that I didn't feel the hardcore effects of withdrawal until days 3 and 4, because the drug was still in my system until then.

So that was just the BEGINNING of the withdrawal symptoms!

That's frikkin scary.

So, in my experience, even skipping a dose every now and then is not going to test your will against the full power of withdrawal! This drug is no joke!

My advice will be the same advice that I read everywhere......consult a physician and taper your dosage down SLOWLY!

Benzo and alcoho9l withdrawal are the only two withdrawals that can KILL you!
Old 11-01-2014, 21:33

Yea I know I haven't taken them today. I'm just sleeping fucking depressed. Worst day of my life.

I'm gonna get some gatorade.

burnedfaceless added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

I really need to see what will happen Monday but sleep is pretty awesome right now.

burnedfaceless added 82 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

But I don't think you understand because of the outcome of this hearing I think I will be on this medication for a long time.

Last edited by burnedfaceless; 11-01-2014 at 21:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-01-2014, 22:01
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

Hello, my name is booty, booty love and i just want to tell you that i have been on kolonopin for about 4 years, most was 1mg every night, then about 6 months ago i raised up to 2mg at night.
I dont abuse it really, sometimes i will take 2 pills instead of 1 but other than that i have never really gone more than 5-7 days until my next script.

Well, 3 months ago i lost my job and insurance. 11 days ago i ran out of my kpins and have been struggling bad ever since. I'm fine during the day but at night i start getting anxious and usually end up staying up till 1am. Even then its hard to go to sleep immediately. When i do fall asleep, i have frustrating and sometimes horrific dreams that make me feel like i haven't slept a wink.

I usually wake up constantly, like im ready for it to be daylight so i can get up and not have to endure the lonely thoughts or my dreams. From about 7pm-7am i am in my own personal hell. All because of restless legs about 3-4 times a week. Thats what i originally started taking it for. I keep thinking with each night it will get easier and each night i'm disappointed. I fear the night time, like a kid fears a monster. I don't know if this post serves as help to anyone, maybe is anything, to know your not alone in benzo withdrawal. Maybe tonight will get easier....maybe. It has to eventually! right?
Old 12-01-2014, 00:40

Well I have friends who have taken it a while. I mean I have an appointment soon.

My philosophy with any medication or drug is the level of misery off vs. on. I didn't take a lot today.

I woke up took one then took a remeron to sleep.

I mean I'll talk to my doctor. I don't want to have to withdrawal but honesty I've got a lot on my shoulders.

I haven't been withdrawing from it. I haven't abused it. Well I took a few more before the hearing. But I'm pretty good at staying at 3.

The thing is I have a job and when I do that I don't need it but when I realize that the past 8 years of my life could be for naught because I wasn't treated...

I mean I'm not bipolar but I was really down today. Really really down. I think the depression will subside within the next few days but it's a lot on my plate.

I'm about to work 3 jobs in a few weeks to hire a lawyer. I'm already more or less putting in 40 hours a week.

Maybe I won't need it then.

I'm not withdrawing.

I would get some remeron that stuff puts you to sleep. I don't take them before bed. It is anxiety based.

Anyways good luck man.

burnedfaceless added 8 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

I'm actually slightly ahead in the klonopin dept. I really thought the hearing would go well I could tell the way they looked at me the resentment.

But I was taking much before.

I still can't believe two things

1. The brought up a charge the president found me guilty and did not uphold in her letter - that makes me think they didn't prepare and were looking for a way to fuck me
2. They couldn't give me a definition of harassment, yet it was emphasized this isn't a legal court. My assignment write a five page paper on the legal definition. Have a definition if it's not a court of law.

I mean I realize we drew from English common law with obscenity and what not for a while but this is apples and oranges.

So really I have to lay low but I have anxiety. It's a slippery slope. We'll see what happens.

burnedfaceless added 7 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

There is no substitute for a doctor when you are in a time like this.

Post Quality Evaluations:
It's not necessary to space between every line, it only makes your post take up more space.

Last edited by burnedfaceless; 12-01-2014 at 00:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-01-2014, 15:38

This is kind of cool. Hope it helps some of you.

f—
BY RUDYARD KIPLING
(‘Brother Square-Toes’—Rewards and Fairies)

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
Old 20-01-2014, 23:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty love View Post
Hello, my name is booty, booty love and i just want to tell you that i have been on kolonopin for about 4 years, most was 1mg every night, then about 6 months ago i raised up to 2mg at night.
I dont abuse it really, sometimes i will take 2 pills instead of 1 but other than that i have never really gone more than 5-7 days until my next script.

Well, 3 months ago i lost my job and insurance. 11 days ago i ran out of my kpins and have been struggling bad ever since. I'm fine during the day but at night i start getting anxious and usually end up staying up till 1am. Even then its hard to go to sleep immediately. When i do fall asleep, i have frustrating and sometimes horrific dreams that make me feel like i haven't slept a wink.

I usually wake up constantly, like im ready for it to be daylight so i can get up and not have to endure the lonely thoughts or my dreams. From about 7pm-7am i am in my own personal hell. All because of restless legs about 3-4 times a week. Thats what i originally started taking it for. I keep thinking with each night it will get easier and each night i'm disappointed. I fear the night time, like a kid fears a monster. I don't know if this post serves as help to anyone, maybe is anything, to know your not alone in benzo withdrawal. Maybe tonight will get easier....maybe. It has to eventually! right?
I wonder if phenibut could help with he wds

No need to quote whole posts with this reply. Just start your reply with @members name.
Old 21-01-2014, 00:22
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Gimpy is captain of the psychonauts.Gimpy is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I am that person that's been in the exact same spot. I still am, actually..

I never used clonazepam for recreational purposes, I was prescribed it by my doctor for panic disorder. All I really needed at first to get me through class was .5mg. Tolerance built up fast, and in within 6 months I was up to 3 milligrams a day (long story but I'm going to keep it short). I continued to take 3mg for another 6 months, and it's when shit really hit the fan.

I knew it was becoming a problem when I was taking six pills (.5's) a day, sometimes even more than that. If I didn't take one of the six in a period of 36 hours, I'd have full blown panic attacks regardless of the situation. I could be in my own home just watching TV, and I'd start to feel vertigo. Then I would start sweating and different parts of my body would become very numb and cold. If I was at school and didn't take my full dose, things were a LOT worse. I'd slur my words, say things that I didn't mean to say, and just made myself feel really stupid. School didn't end up going very well for me, I only managed to get 7 of my 13 credits that semester. My therapist used to tell me that when I'm anxious, take slow and deep breaths.. Well, this just didn't work.

I tried tapering several times and nothing worked. I made a strict routine that every week I would lower the dose by .12, because it was the only way I was able to do it. I continued this pattern for another 6 months, and eventually made some progress. The scary part is that I'm still taking a milligram a day, and honestly I don't know how long it will be until I'm finally off.

If you want to get off the stuff, I would try to do what I did. To answer your question, it could definitely become a problem with school. You didn't take it as long as I did though, which is why I advise you to get off of it as soon as possible. You need to take it really slow when tapering. A couple of times while withdrawing, I thought for sure that I was going to have a seizure (I've had them before, not fun).

I wish you luck
Old 21-01-2014, 00:45
Silver Member

43 y/o Male from United States
senorlou is captain of the psychonauts.senorlou is captain of the psychonauts.senorlou is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 234, Level: 2 Points: 234, Level: 2 Points: 234, Level: 2
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

Above poster is right. If you've been on 3mg for 9 months, you're dependent now. I know you have a lot going on, but put your health above everything else if you can. What you might do is slowly go down with the help of your doctor. I'm getting off the same dose. I went from about 2.5mg to 1mg in six weeks - which is way, way too fast. I just got an appointment with a new psychiatrist and hopefully he will help me go down slower.

Klonopin is very difficult to quit - statistically more addictive than heroin or alcohol, if you can believe that. You have to really be determined, really be strict with your taper, and really get some good professional help - which isn't always easy. You may be luckier than some of us and get off it without too many problelms, but you've been on it a while. I have been on it 3 &1/2 years. Don't get to that point.

Anyway, a lot of us are going through the same thing - as you can see. I understand this is a very hard time in your life, but see if you can start tapering very, very slowly - like above poster said .125 every two weeks if you can't handle it every one week. That's the taper I wish I did - .125 every two weeks and I would have saved myself a lot of grief. Weird shit happens when you get off this stuff. Anyway, I don't mean to ramble and I don't want to stress you out since your are obviously very stressed. The main thing is - we're talking about your health here. Mental and physical. That's the most important thing.

If nothing else, make sure you keep your dose steady, in other words make sure you never binge. That's how you get yourself ready to taper. It's all about being steady and not wavering unless it's unbearable (that happens). Good luck and keep us posted. As you can see, you've drawn quite a crowd. We all know how it feels and what you're going through.

Final thing: There is never a "good" time to withdraw from Klonopin or any drug. It's always going to be pretty hard. Takes a lot of effort. You have to really want it, and then you can do it. Good luck.
Old 21-01-2014, 01:48
Silver Member

Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Lots of good advice here. Main thing is to stay positive and to be self-controlled enough to stick to the taper. I was lucky here in that I was on a pretty lose dose of clonazepam - 0.5mg per day, so the taper/WD period wasn't as bad as it could have been. But still it took several months of being completely clean until I felt 100% "normal" again. Not trying to scare you, but you need to be realistic about what you are facing. You can get off of it and get back to normal, but it will take some time and determination.
Old 24-01-2014, 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnedfaceless View Post
I've been on klonopin the past few months. I'm prescribed 1mg 3x a day.

I was wondering how bad it is. This is the longest I've been on it.

I've been given a lexapro script and I've been following the dose religiously, lexapro has helped. But I did do some other things recreationally I had to cut out to get ready for the klonopin cessation.

Lexapro no side effects except nausea but weed helps and if you feel like you are going to throw up look at a bright light. That seems to help for some reason.

I know I won't have any seizures or anything because I ran out a day early and I was OK. It's almost a psychological thing, I've got something big coming up and after that I was wondering how long until I won't expect it psychologically.

It's I know if I get worried about things not going my way with this school thing I can take it and be OK.

I'm also worried about cognitive effects.

Basically what do I have to expect, with psychological addiction and cognitive (I consider myself pretty intelligent).

I almost think if this school thing goes my way I'll be OK. But if it doesn't that would really be bad.

Thanks. I'm ready to get off of it.

I know this is a rant...hope someone has been in a similar spot.

edit: when I say cognitive I mean permanent cognitive side effects
lexaro can fuck your high up im on kpins 1 mg 3x a day it works fine if u take a brake like drink 1 mg a day for a ew days

Please do not quote long posts, either quote a relevant line or simply address your post to the person you are replying to. Thanks
Old 29-01-2014, 21:07

I read the rules and I didn't see anything on long quotes ? I must have missed it my bad
Old 03-02-2014, 12:38

Actually lexapro helps with the anxiety.

I can understand why alternating doses by day would help, take one on a good day more on a bad day.

I'm really trying to get off. Maybe if I get to a point where I can take .5 twice a week I can see myself using it.

But unless you exercise and whatnot you reach tolerance. I mean ADHD meds are pretty harmless but long term consistent use of klonopin is not good.

But yea if you're looking for a high go for it.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:46
Silver Member

Male from Earth
catface is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Sadly, my sister has been trying to come off Klonopin for over 10 years now with no success. Though I sometimes question her determination.

I do know that that Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac said that her battle with quitting Clonazepam was much more difficult then quitting years of cocaine abuse.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:56

room237 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Koloni's are nasty to detox from!!! If you drop to fast, even at a low dose... You will twitch,your feet will sweat and hands shake. I stopped cold turkey at 2mgs to 0. I lasted 2 weeks and I had to call in more! ID drop 1/2 a mg every 2 weeks and when your down to 1mg decrease to .25mg less per week.You will feel shitty for a week when your down to zero... It's the easiest way trust me!!!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 16:47
Silver Member

Kaygee is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

I am on day 11 of no Klonopin.

A couple days ago, I had a bad panic attack that lasted nearly all day, but outside of that, every day I feel a little bit better.

Share this on:

Tags
benzos, clonazepam, clonazepam withdrawal