Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 05-12-2013, 23:00

27 y/o Female from United States
tickledpinklady should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Loperamide, Dxm, and gabapentin OMG!!!

I gotta make a quick post about this, or at least try because I think this would help sooo many people. I had been searching and trying otc medicines for many reasons. I started out with dxm in cough medicines a few months ago. I liked it but kept looking for something better. After reading tons of post about loperamide I decided to try it as well. I tried lopermide by itself yesterday. I took 48mg of it. A 24pk of 2mg loperamide. It helped, btw a lil background would be opiate addict for about 7 yrs because of a back injury. So I have a high tolerance and I was in withdrawal yesterday. So yeah it helped but I was a little disapointed and wanted to see what I could add to it to help with the pain. I could get my neurotins today and wanted to add some dxm to it. I could not find one single thread about all 3 of these together. I was a lil nervous about it but none the less I did it. This morning around 10o'clock I took 48mg of loperamide, and one bottle dxm syrup, it was 4oz idk how much dxm it was. I felt ok but still pretty shitty. At around 3 I took 5 800mg gabapentin. I have a very high tolerance and anyone that tries this should really rethink how much they take. I wish I wouldn't have took that many neurotins because an hr later I was bent over a toilet eating crackers. Lmao I'm not kidding. I couldn't figure out if I had to throw up or needed to eat. Its that sick feeling when you've had too much medicine (y'all know what I'm talking bout) out of the 7yrs I've been heavily abusing meds I have only been sick like that one other time and it was on methadone. But I just needed to eat a lil. But u guys OMG I'm zooming! I normaly have very low energy. I have not felt this good since the first time I started taking pills. Mixin oxy with shrooms. For real. I know people are skeptical but I'm here ta tell ya. Whoa. I firmly believe the neurotins is what kicked it in the ass. So yeah that's it. I couldn't find anything bout these combinations so I wanted to let people know. Just please no one read this and start out with the dosage I did. Everyones different please be careful.
Old 05-12-2013, 23:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
Healer is a decent psychonaut.Healer is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2
Activity: 6.2% Activity: 6.2% Activity: 6.2%
Re: Loperamide, Dxm, and gabapentin OMG!!!

Just FYI switching over to DXM is very risky for causing you to switch your opiate addiction to DXM, and DXM addiction is far worse than any opiate addiction IMO. Dissociaives are in no way a good "go to" drugs for withdrawal. IMO you should quit self-medicating and abusing drugs to focus on you're existing problems with drugs to resolve them before messing with any type of addictive substance.
Old 05-12-2013, 23:40

Oh I know this all too well. Trust me I know I'm fucking up but considering the road I've been on this is actualy good. The root of my problem is I need surgery on my back and I can't do that until my baby gets older. I have noone to help me while down in surgery. Of course I know self medicating is bad for me but I want to live a functional and productive life so for now this is what I need to do to escape the pain.thanks for your concern but I realize what's going on.
Old 09-12-2013, 18:35

I wanted to give an update. Its been 4 days of the combination of gabapentin, loperamide and dxm. Because the first time I took it I got messed up I decided to take much less the next day. I took 20mg loperamide, 1600mg of gabapentin and 75mg of dxm. It worked again, once again I felt better than I did in a very long time. I felt like I did when I first started taking pain medicine. My back pain had pretty much dissapeared. So not only was I not withdrawing from not taking pain medicine my back pain was better than it has been in yrs. I was brought to tears when I was able to play with my kids as much as I did. The following day I took even less and felt just as good. All 4 days have been great. I love the idea that I'm not taking any narcotics. I do realize that these are having an opiate like effect on me and ill withdrawal from them when I stop but I think the good out weighs the bad. For my situation at least. Tommorow I am going to text out the loperamide by itself and see how effective it is alone. Id like to know if I could get by with only that. Ill be going to work soon and I love the fact that ill be able to pass a drug test with flying colors. Ill update tommorow on how the loperamide alone did. Oh yeah also, I have been very regular as far as the bathroom goes. I've been really thirst but craving water and drinking lots of it so that's always good for u. I'm overweight as well and I've not had much of an appetite, not because of nausea either just didn't want to eat, so for an overweight person that's a good thing.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:41
Silver Member

Male from United States

Oh, so you aren't taking such large doses of DXM anymore? I see what you're doing now. This is a known trick. Similar to Heroin withdrawal

Quote:
4.15.4 DXM for Drug Addiction

DXM, as well as other dissociatives, seems to prevent and even reverse tolerance to (and thus physical addiction to) many drugs. In the case of opiates, DXM has been used to treat withdrawal symptoms (169). DXM plus diazepam (ValiumTM) was tested and found to be more effective at combating the symptoms of heroin withdrawal (goose flesh, tremors, pupil dilation, joint pains, etc.) than chlorpromazine (ThorazineTM) plus diazepam (34). A further study verified this and found that adding tizanidine (an alpha-2 adrenergic agonist) to the DXM+diazepam cocktail was even more effective (133).
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/...ral_info.shtml

I've help someone through withdrawal with this combo, it was their decision I didn't suggest or force it. It worked quite well.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:43

When I had first tried the loperamide with the dxm I thought I would have to compensate for the huge amounts of dxm I was taking (2 to 3 bottles a day) so I really took too much. I knew that dxm was becoming a big problem for me for many reasons. Now I couldn't take that much even if I wanted to because I would get sick. Upon trying this tho I'm hoping I can get the loperamide at a low enough dose to control my pain by itself, while detoxing from everything else in the process.

tickledpinklady added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I know that nerve pills like valium, and xanax help a lot more but they tend to make me extremely sleepy and unproductive throughout the day. I try to avoid that at all cost because I do have small children.

Last edited by tickledpinklady; 10-12-2013 at 11:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2013, 12:00
Silver Member

Male from United States

Have you considered kratom to help ease withdrawal?
Old 10-12-2013, 15:04

I've read a lot about it. But its not available where I'm from, and I'm not too keen on ordering online.
Old 10-12-2013, 16:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
tidruid is a decent psychonaut.tidruid is a decent psychonaut.

I really can't imagine taking 20 imodium pills. I know they can induce an opiate like effect...but still....
Old 10-12-2013, 17:02

Lol yeah a lot of people feel that way. Ill try everything once and I'm glad I did, and I'm not stopped up at all. :thumbup:
Old 10-12-2013, 18:21
Silver Member

Male from United States

Hah, being stopped up is a great trade off for reducing withdrawal. If you do get stopped up try a saline laxative, or Magnesium Oxide to loosen things up a bit. We can be withdrawal buddies right now
Old 10-12-2013, 19:43
Silver Member

Male from United States

The irony of it all is I can and do find it normal taking up to 60 pills of robitussin....I guess I am just learning that imodium can pass the blood brain barrier if you take enough at once. I guess it is a good secret tool for all those who are dependent on any type of opiate. Personally I have never been a huge fan of opiates and use them very rarely as needed for moderate to severe pain.

I do know that dxm has been used to soften a lot of various withdrawals. I used to take gabapentin and I stopped taking it once I learned it can cause severe fluid retention within the body.
Old 11-12-2013, 19:49

Lol @healer withdrawal buddies. I actually feel like I can give up opiates for good at this point. Although I'm aware that I have replaced one habit for another, for me the benefits out weight the negatives. For me the benefits of using this combo for my pain control is I can pass a drug test. That's a big deal for me because I havnt been able to do that in almost 12yrs. The other is the cost. Going from spending $100 to $150 a week to $20 at the very most is amazing! I've noticed a big difference when I wake up in the morning. Before I would be in emense pain and withdrawing but since taking this combo I've been almost pain free waking up. I'm more motivated and feel a lot more positive about life. I can look at long-term goals and feel like I'm actually beneficial to my family. I did notice a big difference yesterday not taking the gabapentin with the loperamide and dxm. I waited till around 5 and finaly took some gabapentin. There's something about this combo this is perfect for me. I hope it helps someone else. Also I didn't know that dxm makes you retain fluid. Now I know why my feet and hands would swell so much. Thanks
Old 11-12-2013, 20:22
Silver Member

Male from United States

Gabapentin is the drug that sometimes makes people retain fluid not dxm.
Old 11-12-2013, 20:54

Ohhhhh duh I see what u said now, that's a problem for me because I'm not gonna stop taking it. It helps way too much.

Share this on:

Tags
combinations, combinations of drugs, dxm, dxm combinations, gabapentin, gabapentin combinations, loperamide, loperamide combinations, loperamide for opiate withdrawal

» New Threads
Opiate and benzos withdrawal...
Last post by Dawn Godess
22 Replies, 1,140 Views
More likely to get blitzed when...
Last post by OTC Junkie
4 Replies, 90 Views
Cocaine, drug for the rich?...
Last post by ianzombie
3 Replies, 42 Views
A Trip To Remember
Last post by hunter19877