Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 25-11-2013, 22:19
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Canada
highlikeplanes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Kratom for anxiety?

Okay so fat ugly monkey is currently on the EC stack. Which is two doses a day of ephedrine and caffeine together in order to help monkey lose weight. Monkeys a very anxiety prone animal and at times feels unpleasant uncomfortable anxiety from it, nothing too major but enough. Monkey is just learning about kratom. Do you think it would be a good idea to add some kratom to her EC stack to help with jitters and minor anxiety? What about just anxiety in general not caused by substances? Monkey takes Zoloft for depression and anxiety but it doesnt really help with the anxiety. Monkey often feels on edge and like her nerves can go through the roof at any time.
Old 25-11-2013, 22:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Re: Kratom for anxiety?

Not sure about ephedrine but I found this post by ianzombie in a thread asking about combining Kratom with SSRIs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie
Nothing is totally safe.
Swim has been using Kratom for about 3 years, during which time he has been on 20mg Lexapro daily and for six months he also took 40mg zispin and xanax daily, swim found there was no problems.

But everyone is different, what does nothing to swim might knock someone else on their ear.
Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz2lhSnNZxO

I believe it could help with anxiety in general, but don't get carried away with it because it is addictive.

Last edited by Chug Chug Chug; 25-11-2013 at 22:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-11-2013, 22:54
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
MaggotxChild is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Ive found that Maeng Da Kratom increases any anxiety I have significantly. There is alot of information about the different types of Kratom on this forum. there are supposedly different "strains" whose effects vary considerably, some being more speedy and others being more opiate like

However, I have also heard that there are only two types of Kratom really, white vein and red vein I believe, and the rest of it is just sort of a gimmick.

Also take into consideration that the effects of Kratom change based on dose. I believe it is more likely to stimulate the Mu opiate receptors at high doses.

I would say look into peoples experiences, and then try kratom at a small dose without your EC stack. Ephederine and Caffiene with kratom might make for a very uncomfortable day. Once you know how Kratom effects you, then consider trying a dose with your EC stack.
Old 25-11-2013, 23:03
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up

@MaggotxChild
What dosages did you take? I noticed when I take a stimulating dose of Kratom which for me is around 2 grams, I tend to get anxious. Although if I take a slightly large dose that would make me tired it does the opposite. I suppose it could depend on the strain though.
Old 25-11-2013, 23:13
Silver Member

Typically I ingest 7-10 grams, occasionally upwards of that. I am currently trying to detox from oxycodone and am going to give Kratom another go in a day or two here in fact.

Typically i take anywhere from 80-200 mgs of oxycodone a day, and when I tried kratom I had a small but present tolerance, such as that I would still experience mild withdrawal but could get high off 45 mgs.

So im probably not the best person to give a comparison, seeing as how my tolerance to other opiates probably impacted my experience.
Old 25-11-2013, 23:18
Silver Member

Male from United States

Oh alright that makes some sense, I mean I do experience some anxiety with kratom but it fades away after it starts to kick in. I do believe it can be used for anti-anxiety though as long as proper usage and care is taken, and of course practicing moderation.

Although I have noticed I tend to get pretty talkative on Kratom which usually I'm quite the opposite.
Old 25-11-2013, 23:23
Silver Member

Yes I notice the increased talkativeness as well. Kind of reminiscent of drinking coca tea in peru, but of course not quite as exciting or fun.

I feel as though the problem with using kratom is that there is so much variety between batches and strains it is hard to get an the proper dose for the desired effect each time, especially when you will occasionally get very potent blends and other times get blends that dont do anything at all.

Makes it hard to use it in a "medical" sense, but of course can be done if the user takes the time to test each batch slowly or find a consistent source.
Old 26-11-2013, 00:08
Silver Member

Female from Earth
Replicator is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Hlp, I have anxiety as well and use 5 -8 grams of super indo (red vein) and it works wonders for me.

Red vein is supposed to be more sedating which I've found to be true. White vein made me so anxious that I had to take a Benadryl to 'come down' so steer clear from that type if you have anxiety!

Be sure to read the vendor sticky so you'll know what to steer clear from in the way of ordering and I try to only use 1-2 times per week on average (although it's probably like 3 days average per week to be truthful). I just spread out the doses as I'm not in the mood to start an addiction. I'm sure you've read about the dangers there (if not, great info in the sticky).

I'm so proud of you that you're looking for healthy ways to manage your weight and anxiety. I remember from your previous posts that you seemed to be considering different avenues and it sounds like you're on an excellent path. You're doing great and sounds like making great 'mommy' choices as well.

Well done!!
Old 26-11-2013, 00:15
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,856, Level: 21 Points: 21,856, Level: 21 Points: 21,856, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

I find that kratom can work for anxiety....for a while.
The longer you take it, especially if taking it daily the less it benefits and the more problems it creates, at least that is what i found and others too.

I would not recommend using anything addictive for anxiety unless you only have to use it when needed and if that is not very often.

I think red vein strains would work best, in low doses. Green veined strains can be very stimulating and cause anxiety and jitters all by themselves, red vein strains can too if taken too regularly or in large doses.

Maybe try some valerian extract. I have found a product that contains valerian, hops and lemon balm helpful for mild anxeity.

Share this on:

Tags
anxiety, kratom, kratom and antidepressants, kratom and anxiety