Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 22-11-2013, 14:24

18 y/o Female from United States
MeganAvery is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Is it normal to throw up blood about an hour or two after smoking meth?

Hello, im Megan and im pretty brand new to this site. I have read over all the site rules and forum rules and everything but just in case I break a rule I would like to be told so I don't continue to keep breaking that rule, lol. Okay well I have been an on and off going meth addict for about 3 1/2 years now. I was introduced to drugs through needles so I was always an IV drug user. Well I had quit using dope for a couple months because I was in an in-patient treatment facility and stayed sober for a couple months after being discharged as well. Before I moved back to my home state which was about 9/10 months ago I never really smoked meth that much, I didn't like the way it tasted, didn't like the way it hit me I guess. But about a couple months sober I relapsed and began to smoke my meth instead of shooting it through IV. And pretty much every time I would smoke it, once I would begin to come down I would start feeling very nauseous and would begin sweating. But I of course would sweat when using through IV too, but I never got so nauseous like that. I did continue to still smoke for the fact that I never had to throw up and nothing all to un normal was happening to me while smoking. But then one night I was smoking my meth and I went home and about an hour to an hour and 1/2 I began to feel very nauseated and went into my bathroom to throw up and I puked and spat up blood. It did scare me at first but I thought I just needed to try and rest and maybe drink a little water and I would be fine. But I couldn't stop throwing up, that night I had thrown up for about 7-8 hours. It eventually began to end once I started drinking a bunch of liquids like water, Gatorade, and pedialyte. That hasn't happened as bad as the first time it happened but I did throw up blood and food whenever I would smoke pretty much every time after that. I have not gone to a doctor about this because my family doesn't know I still use and I don't want them to find out anytime soon unless of course they would have to because they would have to take me to the E.R. Im honestly thinking that it might just be from being super dehydrated and not taking proper care of myself while using meth ( bathing, eating, drinking water, sleeping etc.) Because For the past 3 days I've smoked and felt pretty alright for the most part and I was drinking a lot of fluids and staying hydrated, and I had been forcing myself to eat at least a tiny bit of something to keep me from fainting or having an even worse medical reaction. So I guess im pretty much just asking for advice on my entire situation, and also any ideas or possibilities any of you may have as to what is wrong with me health wise and what would be the best decision for me at this point. Thank-you all so very much for your help.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Giant blocks of text are difficult to read, hit your enter key twice every few lines.
Old 22-11-2013, 14:26
Banned

32 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
SB1981 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Re: Is it normal to throw up blood about an hour or two after smoking meth?

Absolutely o way in hell is it ever normal to throw up blood after smoking meth. You popbably had some bunk ass shit or you some type op flu bug.
Old 22-11-2013, 14:33
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,530, Level: 20 Points: 19,530, Level: 20 Points: 19,530, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Hi Megan, please make sure to use paragraphs to break up big blocks of text as they are difficult to read.

It is never normal to throw up blood, regardless of what you are doing and it should be taken as a sign that something serious might be wrong.
You really should get yourself checked out to make sure you are ok.
You are over 18 so you can go to your doctor by yourself and they can not legally discus anything with your parents/family.
Old 22-11-2013, 15:49

18 y/o Female from United States
MeganAvery is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Yes, I am 18 but I live with my mother right now and the only form of transportation I have here is through my mom, but i'll just come clean and tell her I guess.
Old 22-11-2013, 15:58

25 y/o Male from Australia
50bagswag should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

Short answer: No

Post Quality Evaluations:
Useless one-liner, please elaborate.
Old 22-11-2013, 16:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

You could also leave the house, go to a nearby area, and call an ambulance.
Telling her is probably a better idea though, she has a right to know, she's your mother after all.
Old 22-11-2013, 16:10
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

Get medical help from a doctor. Regardless if you go somewhere and call an ambulance, tell your mom, or take a taxi to the hospital, please get to a doctor and get checked out. It's possible that it's minor but it's also possible that it's major.

Get medical help then update.
Old 22-11-2013, 16:22
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
gr8times is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Back in my early 20's when I was using that stuff I would literally gag and dry heave with every hit. It eas embarrassing and disgusting to say the least. I attributed it to quality but whatever it was it was nasty. That was way before Ice had made its name for itself.

Ill tell ya though young lady, take it as a sign that you just aren't made for it. You can have a bright future if you stop now. You've already accomplished getting away from the needle. IMO that's HUGE!

When my father found out a friend and I were doing it we had a family meeting. I've seen my father cry TWICE in my life. Once was when we got the news that my moms diagnosis was death within 3 months and the other was finding out I was using that crap.

Do yourself most importantly and YOUR family a favor and put that stuff down for good. You're young enough to regain health and become a viable contributing member of this society. The best of luck to you.

Share this on:

Tags
meth side effects